Time For Some Common Sense (And Plenty Of It) From David Belin

David Von Pein

Jan 29, 2010, 10:11:05 AM1/29/10

This is an excellent speech and Q&A session with the Warren
Commission's David W. Belin in March of 1992.

It's so refreshing to hear common sense from somebody who knows the
actual evidence regarding the JFK case:

http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2010/01/david-belin-march-1992.html

aeffects

Jan 29, 2010, 1:26:17 PM1/29/10

it's lone nut, desperation time...... carry on troll, carry on!

David Von Pein

Jan 30, 2010, 4:21:40 AM1/30/10

David Von Pein

Feb 4, 2010, 12:53:43 AM2/4/10

Here's an interesting video with Oliver Stone (from April 1992). Keep
the video running beyond the Stone segment and you'll see Howard
Willens of the Warren Commission. He's quite interesting too:

http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2010/02/oliver-stone-april-28-1992.html

Bud

Feb 4, 2010, 2:12:31 AM2/4/10
> http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2010/02/oliver-stone-april-28-1992....

This one isn`t running. The Belin one was good, though, thanks
David.

David Von Pein

Feb 4, 2010, 2:21:07 AM2/4/10

>>> "This one isn`t running." <<<

Sometimes you've got to reload the page a few times in order to get
the embeddable video box to pop in. I think it's a "C-Span" thing. Or
maybe it's just spite. Or it could be browser-related. Firefox has
trouble with C-Span stuff sometimes. What browser are you using, Bud?

Bud

Feb 4, 2010, 2:50:11 AM2/4/10
On Feb 4, 2:21 am, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:

> Sometimes you've got to reload the page a few times in order to get
> the embeddable video box to pop in.

Yah, it just worked for me. Watched Stone a bit, another conspiracy
kook with a long list of questions, half of them answered, the other
half unanswerable. These conspiracy mongers have been exploiting the
public`s dissatisfaction since Oswald`s shots took Kennedy`s life.

>I think it's a "C-Span" thing. Or
> maybe it's just spite. Or it could be browser-related. Firefox has
> trouble with C-Span stuff sometimes. What browser are you using, Bud?

Netscape 7.0, I think.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Feb 4, 2010, 5:16:51 AM2/4/10

http://DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com/2010/02/oliver-stone-april-28-1992.html

Near the end of the above-linked 1992 video, I got a kick out of some
of the comments made by Herbert Parmet (a New York history professor),
who kept insisting that Lee Harvey Oswald never really said the word
"patsy" after he was arrested on November 22, 1963.

Parmet kept insisting that the "only" place we're going to find the
word "patsy" is in one of Mark Lane's books. (In other words, Parmet
thinks Lane just made up this "patsy" lie.)

I hate to throw stones at a fellow LNer, but Professor Parmet's claim
that Lee Oswald never said "I'm just a patsy" in November 1963 is
simply laughable, especially since Oswald's "patsy" remark is
undoubtedly the most famous utterance made by LHO during his two days
in custody, and is a comment that anyone can easily hear for
themselves via the many recorded copies of the remark that exist in
various media formats.

For heaven sake, Oswald said it on live TV for everybody to hear at
7:55 PM on 11/22/63, per reporter Seth Kantor's original handwritten
notes, as seen in the WC's Kantor Exhibit No. 3. So that is one more
place where the word "patsy" is written down on paper too, in Kantor's
notes:

http://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh20/html/WH_Vol20_0193b.htm

I can't think of any student of the JFK assassination who hasn't heard
the following famous recording at least a few times in their life. But
evidently Mr. Parmet is one of the select few who has not heard it (as
of April 1992 anyway):

http://www.box.net/shared/5mto6y3w4k

Mr. Parmet also said, despite being a firm believer in the Warren
Commission's single-assassin conclusion, that the reason LBJ created
the Warren Commission in the first place was to "allay the fears" of
the American public about there having been any kind of a conspiracy
to assassinate the President.

And Parmet made that claim about the WC's mission despite the fact
that Howard P. Willens of the Warren Commission had testified at that
same 1992 Government Subcommittee only an hour before Parmet's
appearance, with Willens specifically stating that it was his own
personal desire to try and FIND a conspiracy, vs. trying to "allay the
fears" of the American public by covering up evidence of one.

David Belin and other Warren Commission counsel members have also
expressed the very same sentiments in the past as well -- i.e., they
wanted to uncover a plot, rather than cover one up.

But I guess Mr. Parmet simply does not believe the words of people
like Willens and Belin, even though Parmet seems to fully support the
lone-gunman conclusion reached by those men.

~shrug~

http://www.DVP-Potpourri.blogspot.com

David Von Pein

Feb 5, 2010, 2:35:47 AM2/5/10

Authors Josiah Thompson and Richard Trask appeared before the
Assassination Records Review Board on April 2, 1997, to discuss the
subject of whether or not the U.S. Government should take possession
of the Zapruder Film and make that film part of the "JFK Collection",
via the Assassination Materials Disclosure Act of 1992.

This video includes some interesting discussion about Abraham
Zapruder's famous home movie. Moses Weitzman and Jim Lesar (and
others) also appear as witnesses during this ARRB hearing.

JOSIAH THOMPSON:
http://www.c-spanarchives.org/program/ID/63326&start=4702&end=8478

RICHARD TRASK:
http://www.c-spanarchives.org/program/ID/63326&start=6234&end=8478

COMPLETE PROGRAM (2 HOURS, 21 MINUTES IN LENGTH):
http://www.c-spanvideo.org/program/80107-1

timstter

Feb 5, 2010, 3:00:26 AM2/5/10

Hey DVP, these are great links. Thanks for providing them!

Regards,

Tim Brennan
Sydney, Australia
*Newsgroup(s) Commentator*