Dr. Livingston's Letter (repost)

John McAdams

Jan 27, 1995, 11:48:38 PM1/27/95

I went round and round with Cleere on this a few months ago.

He was never able to come up with a halfway plausible conspiracy
scenario that fit this particular doctor's recollection.

My guess is simply that either:

1. Humes had a lot of people telling him all sorts of things, and
forgot about this fellow, and/or

2. Livingston led Humes to expect *both* a small wound in the throat
*and* a "neighboring trachestomy wound." When Humes found only the
trachestomy wound, he forgot about what seemed to be clearly mistaken
information.