OLB error

Robert V. Hotchkiss

Mar 19, 2003, 8:20:11 PM3/19/03
Using Quicken 2003, something new started happening. This may be because I
recently set up a new account to monitor over the Internet.

When I attempt to update my accounts, right after I tell the program to go
ahead and update, I get a window which states "An OLB error occurred during
the last task (QWBSession::UpdateSessionStatus). Hitting OK shuts down
Quicken, telling me I shut down something incorrectly. If I start it up
again, everything works. What's missing?

Bob Hotchkiss

Dave Mitton

Mar 29, 2003, 2:54:09 PM3/29/03
"Robert V. Hotchkiss" <robert.v.ho...@alumni.upenn.edu> wrote in message news:<rO-cnfPA7c8...@comcast.com>...

I'm getting the exact same symptoms.

Dave.

John Pollard

Mar 29, 2003, 3:12:32 PM3/29/03

Was there an error number with this message ... like OL-nnn-B or some
such?

Was there a "Details" button with the message? If so, what does it
say if you click it?

When you say, "everything works" do you mean that you can then
initiate a download from all financial institutions with no errors?
Or do you mean that the download which started before Quicken shut
down was actually completed and the data is in your registers? Or
...?

--
John Pollard
j underscore pollard at mindspring dot com

drjay

Mar 29, 2003, 9:09:57 PM3/29/03
I get the same message.....I don't think anything actually downloads
before the error shows up; after the program is restarted, I am able
to update/send online instructions, etc. without difficulty.....

What does this mean??

jd

Robert V. Hotchkiss

Mar 30, 2003, 5:10:53 PM3/30/03
I am delighted that someone is finally picking up on this problem. Here are
some more details:

Using Windows XP, fully up to date; Quicken 2003 Deluxe, Release R3

I try to do a one-step update. Before it connects to the first financial
institution, a window:
Title: "An OLB error has occurred in Quicken."
Text in window: "An OLB error has occurred during the last task
(QWBSession::UpdateSessionStatus)"

Hit OK and get another window:
Title: "Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Library"
Text in window: "Runtime error! Program C:\Program Files\Quicken\qw.exe
Abnormal program termination."

Quicken closes. Start Quicken up again, and the update usually works with no
problem. If it doesn't work, I get the same information and Quicken shuts
down again.

One time, it was Windows XP which closed Quicken instead of the OLB error
notice. In that case, from the Event Listing:
Event: "Application error, closes program."
"Faulting application qw.exe version 12.0.3.1, faulting module qwonline.dll
version 12.0.3.1, fault address 0x0002344a"

I hope some of that can be of use to anyone who can figure out the problem.
There seem to be no other numbers or details given. No other program seems
to be having a problem with online connections.

Bob Hotchkiss

"John Pollard" <j_po...@mindspring.com> wrote in message

John Pollard

Mar 30, 2003, 5:54:53 PM3/30/03

Excellent explanation: unfortunately, I do not have any idea what is
causing your problem. :( I do suggest you submit a bug report of this
at Intuit's support site.

Does this happen every time - that is, does it always take at least
two tries before you get a successful download? Did this ever work
correctly in Q2003 for you? Did you upgrade from a previous version
of Q, and did your downloads work without a problem in that version?

Just grasping at straws for the underlying cause: check your internet
setup in Q

http://makeashorterlink.com/?P2E124EB3

Have you tried validating your Q data file (backup first)? If that
does not help, have you tried reinstalling Quicken?