Microtimes Vs. Computer Currents

Tattetales Bob

Jan 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/22/00
Which of these magazines has a higher circulation figure? I see stacks of
Computer Currents magazines lying in the rack. Sometimes I see two different
issues in adjacent racks at the same time. But I often have a hard time
finding a copy of Microtimes. Seems like they are gone almost as soon as they
are put in the rack. So, a quick question, which one is more popular? Do
they count the number of copies printed or do they have a more accurate way to
count readership? It seems that more copies of Computer Currents are printed
but perhaps fewer of them are actually read. BTW, I like Microtimes a lot
better. It is definitely a more professional magazine in almost everyway.

When women do it, it is called gossip.
When men do it, it is called male bonding.

DAVE

Jan 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/22/00
On 22 Jan 2000 04:27:34 GMT, Man_Holes@Male_Bonding.com_ (Tattetales
Bob) wrote:

>Which of these magazines has a higher circulation figure? I see stacks of
>Computer Currents magazines lying in the rack. Sometimes I see two different
>issues in adjacent racks at the same time. But I often have a hard time
>finding a copy of Microtimes. Seems like they are gone almost as soon as they
>are put in the rack. So, a quick question, which one is more popular? Do
>they count the number of copies printed or do they have a more accurate way to
>count readership? It seems that more copies of Computer Currents are printed
>but perhaps fewer of them are actually read. BTW, I like Microtimes a lot
>better. It is definitely a more professional magazine in almost everyway.

I think they print a butt-load of Computer Currents. I pick it up for
free at the local car wash and the University I attend (among other
places....).

Dave

Tattetales Bob

Jan 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/22/00
In article <388969f8....@news.mindspring.com>, DAVE (da...@dave-1.net)
says...

I agree. My point is that they probably end up mostly being recycled. OTOH,
the Mirotimes magazine seems to be snatched up quickly, so it appears more
copies of this magazine should perhaps be printed. BTW, I said two issues of
Computer Currents were found in adjacent racks. I mean there was one current
edition and an earlier edition of it in two different racks. It seems that
they print so many copies that another issue comes out before the supply of
the old ones are exhausted. I think the advertisers should go out there and
check it out. They may be paying too much for the ads thinking that the
circulation figure is high, when in fact many of these copies are unread and
end up in the recycling bin or trash heap.

John Johnson

Jan 22, 2000, 3:00:00 AM1/22/00
In LA I find the opposite. Stacks of Microtimes and not as many
Computer Currents.
Microtimes is pretty much a business/network magazine, not a lot of
basic computer articles.
Computer Currents, editorially anyway has always been the better of
the two.