LNH Roster Help, You can help! Get involved!

sl...@cc.usu.edu

Oct 20, 1992, 1:09:54 AM10/20/92
Hi all. Well here is your last chance to get into the LEGION OF NET.HEROES
without any charge. If you relate to a character(s) on this list please fill
out the official application, I will post immediately after this and then send
it to me. Then watch your character along with others become part of LNH
history!! You can make it too!

wReam...
SL...@cc.usu.edu

P.S. I am almost done with the roster. An you can see there are quite a few
names in here and I am hoping that many of them will be filled out long form.
The roster will have a new look... It will be more complete, as well.
If you know you have sent in your name yet it appears on this list, please send
it back. I am sorry but I have either misplaced it or it is hidden deep within
my directory and I think it best you send it to me again.
Oh and can SARCASTIC LAD please send his character in on the official
application forms. I know i told him not to but things have changed.

BTW don't put toomuch into your application since I include them directly into
the roster... This means Longer ones WILL BE EDITED! (And I have done it
before!)

Sorry Scav, I am pretty sure you sent yours in but I cant seem to find it.

The Legion
=======================
ALLUSION LAD - Alt.version of Rebel Yell. Able to stick literary allusions
into any storyline, whether they are apropiate or not. Currently one
with the universe.

AMORPHOUS LAD - Able to change form and mass, at will or not.

BACKGROUND BOY - An identity used once by Continuity Champion which
seems to have achieved a life of itUs own (or has it)

BAD-TIMING BOY (or Unlucky Lad)- Say the wrong thing at exactly the wrong time

BIBLIOGRAPHY BOY - The ability to answer any question (retired--see the Tygger)

BROWSING BOY - able to read Sandman, Hepcats, and Savage Henry while
standing in front of comic rack

CALIFORNIA KID - read comix weeks after everyone else has discussed them...

CAPTAIN CLEANUP - errm good at cleaning up.

CATALYST LASS - the power to make others share my interests

CHEESECAKE-EATER LAD -primarily bodily function related powers, but they are
potent.

COMICS-SNOB-BOY - How *DARE* you read anything other than Cerebus, Love
And Rockets, or anything done by Alan Moore? Now I must
wallow in pathos for 14 issues to show you the error of your
ways (since,of course, I can't just start a *fight*, oh heavens
no!)

CAPTAIN CONTINUITY - A divergent future version of the Champion

DADA DUDE - has amazing powers to chaoticize. Was turned into the
GreenRingWraith when Y-Plex Burp stuck the ring of RetConn in his
nose. Back to normal (or at least what passes for it) now.

DOCTOR STOMPER - ability to come up with an entertaining explanation for the
stupid plotlines and plot devices

ENTROPY KID - the ability to offer his opinion of almost any subject, but only
ONCE per thread.

FIGMENT LAD - *****

FLAMEPROOF LAD - only flameproof, not able to emit flames

FUZZY - vagueness and ambiguity that confound my enemies

GRAMMER LAD - I don't think he's ever demonstrated his powers, but he must
have similar powers as Spelling Boy, only he corrects grammar.

INACOUSTIC KID - to silence flame wars where no one knew that it actually
happened

INCREDIBLE UNSLEEPING MAN (and his sidekick INSOMNIA BOY) --similar
powers to Late Nite Lad

IRONY MAN - Ability to emit and detect emissions of irony

LATE-NITE LAD - Ability to stay awake for ridiculously long streches because
he goofs off when he should be doing work durring the day time.

LIST LAD - Alt.version of Rebel Yell. The keeper of lots of silly lists
(co-keeper of the roster of LNH/LNV)

LURKER LAD - maybe he should get together with Lurking Girl--(sha right!)

MAINSTREAM MAN - Physically unable to buy an independent.

MARVEL ZOMBIE LAD - to recall virtually any Marvel Plot, no matter how hokey.
Undead follower of the Marvel way.

MYK-EL - No powers yet, or at least not disclosed. (Ill-defined Qwertian
powers)

MULTI-TASKING LAD - ability to post to USEnet, read E-Mail, play net trek, and
read old Flaming Carrot issues simultaneously

NETIQUETTE LAD - Flames any and all who don't adhere strictly to the
established laws of netiquette.

NIT-PICK LAD - point out small errors which are, for the most part, incidental
to the discussion at hand.

OBSCURE TRIVIA LAD - ability to remember the stupidest bits of trivia on
virtually any subject (some limitations do apply, but he can never seem
to remember anything he needs to know. Has strange urges to talk about
himself in the third person).

OCCULTISM KID - a master of knowledge of all things occult.

OLD COMICS MAN - "Hah! In my day we didn't have any net heroes! We had
guys with capes and guys with masks. No nets. If you saw someone with a
net, and they weren't wearing a cape or a mask, they were a villain! And
probably a Nazi (tm LucasFilm)! So the heroes would go and hit them!
None of these mute ant super powwows... they'd just hit them! And the
villains would hit back. Or, if the hero had a car, maybe they'd shoot a gun
...but a net? Not on your life."

ORGANIC LASS - the ability to memorize hundreds of chemical equations........
and then forget them all five minutes before an exam.

PARKING KARMA KID - always find a parking space, usually right next to the door

POMPOUS LAD - able to alienate even the most literate fellow readers with harsh
critiques, only to to turn around and admit I like something
schlocky.

PLOT KING - Alt.version of Rebel Yell. Determined to see plot threads carried
out to their conclusion.

PROCRASTINATION BOY - started reading this net because of a major project due
to an Intro to Political Research Class. Came down to the computer
lab to work on it, end up reading 100 posts on R.A.C. responding to
a few and then leaving without ever touching this project.

REBEL YELL - possesses the ability to rant and rave about a poor
characterization of the South and New Orleans in particular in comics,
TV and Movies noone actually cared about(also your humble transcriber)

SARDONIC BOY - float above rush hour traffic with my flight ring and make snide
Comments.

SIDEWINDER - start off by blasting my way into a topic, but eventually wind up
on the sidelines

SIG.FILE LAD - Able to create loud obnoxious sig.files out of thin air to be
used as physical weapons.

SING-ALONG LASS - Ignore her, she'll shut up eventually.

SPELLING BOY - Spelling Boy tends to annoy just about everyone he encounters
but he draws his powers from the misspellings of others. He was wasted by
Professor Perhap in a trap set up by the Ultimate Ninja, but with all the
errors he makes, spelling boy is back and in full force.

SQUID BOY - can lend his body to Suicide Squid when he needs a disguise

SUPER APATHY LAD - to be tel-apathetic

TIME-WASTER LAD - turn what was supposed to be a mere check of my e-mail into
hours of time wasted reading this and other newsgroups

THE FORGETTING ONE - can never remember the damn artist/writers name until
the next day.

THE INCREDIBLE MAN-WITH-NO-LIFE - !!

THE INVISIBLE INCENDIARY - Invisible because I post seldom, incendiary because
I seem to have this uncontrollable ability to set off flamewars.

THE TYGGER - seems to have comic-related trivia powers

TRIVIA MASTER - The man with the golden mind - has a type of cosmic awareness
enabling him to know stupid little details

TRIVIA KING - VERY similar to Marvel Zombie Lad

TYPO LAD - abble too mke thee mos amzing tyypos in alll off hiz sintincez.
Cidekik wanno-bee to Rebul Yehl.

THE VILLIANS
==============================
BLACK DUDE WITH THE HAT- has a hat

BROTHER HOOD OF EVIL NET.VILLAINS/LEGION OF NET.VILLAINS -
the most evil, nefarious, group of them all.
**PROFESSOR PERHAP- makes hypothetical situations come true (killed Spelling
Boy)
**TABLE - Evil Renegade from the past (see Table and Chair mini-series for
details) who can turn himself into any form of of table possible. Has
wooden arm and shoots out splinters for projectile weapons. Everyone
knows him.
**CHAIR - Romantic sidekick to table. Apparently dead.

**Y-PLEX BURP - I have no idea, I just saw it in there and included it.

**GREENRINGWRAITH - Evil mutation/a cross between a Ring Wraith and
a Green Lantern of some sort. Thrall of Y-Plex. Has regained true form
of Dada Dude.

**DR. KILLFILE - I have no idea, but I'll bet his name says something of
his powers

CROSSOVER QUEEN - Responsible for the mess of crossovers, she seeks to
Louise Simonsonize the whole internet. Possibly a replacement for
the Time Crapper in the post 2 1/2 month gap universe.
**ROYALTY KING - Henchman to Crossover Queen, he has strange financial
powers related to comics.

DR. BORING - possesses an uncanny ability to refer to events that happened
5-10 years ago, has a continuous monotone slur which seems to be a
derivative of Latin and English, makes fanfare over events that seem
beyond trivial or mundane, does long narratives on "areas of interest"
that seem to confuse him, and tells jokes incorrectly and forgets the
punchlines!

E.R.N.I.E. - The Evil Regiment of Naughty Inane Editors
**PETER-OUT-SON - takes a storyline and warps it into a string of ridicuolous
*EVENTS*
**EURYNE - unleashes fan-boyish writers onto a once proud comic traditon,
allowing a story to become merely a bunch of *EVENTS
**HARRASS - An evil being that chases good writers off good books to pander to
fan-boy artists.
**DEFACTO - Pure Evil! The leader of E.R.N.I.E. Thinks he can write like the
creators of the world, but can't. Responsible for flooding the
market with net.clones!

FUNDAMENTALIST CIRCLE - a big circle, I presume

MANGA MAN - mostly in the realms of Special Effects and Timing

OMEGA.MOSELY - vanishes and reappears with the same stochastic irregularity as
a good Batman villian

REPETITIVE LAD - To answer questions on the net that have already been
answered. It wouldn't be that bad if they weren't the exact same
answers, only worded differently.

THE DORFS - horrendous ability to give callously cruel, and usually wrong
answers to intelligent posts, and cruelly dehumanizing responses to
posts by first timers who didn't know any better

THE DUNCE CIRCLE - the members belive that their way is the only way and
nobody else could ever possibly be right.

THE EDITORS - an evil group that may or may not be conected with E.R.N.I.E.

THE FAN.DOM OF THE ALT.RA- A mysterious being whose true evilness has
yet to be revealed.

TIME CRAPPER - Some powers about time shifting and what not, evil and
unstable. Possibly rendered obsolete by the events of the 2 1/2
month gap.

MISC. NON WRITER CHARACTERS:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
L.E.G.I.O.N: (Literary Excess Growing Idioticly On News.net) the group whose
mythic exploits inspired the LNH to form (post 2 1/2 month gap)
**BRILL POX - The green skinned leader of L.E.G.I.O.N. He is possessed of a
keen intellect, able to construe the obvious from the ridiculous.
**OUT-OF-PHASE - the second of command of L.E.G.I.O.N. Possibly an amnesiac
Lurking Girl/Lass, possibly something a lot more sinister.
**LOBO - a whitish looking clown- He needs no one, he hunts alone (still
looking for someone to Id. this phrase)

VAPID VETERINARIAN - He "Saved Spelling Boy's Brain!"

CONTRAPTION MAN - Always making those wonderful gadgets and contraptions.

ALL KNOWING LAST CHANCE WHINER DESTINY WOMAN - Great for plot exposition,
she tends to be mysterious and appears and disappears whenever the reader
is confused and needs a hint or two. She also prophecies of things to
come, like... the impending doom of RAC.

HOODED HO`'OD WIN - This ever curious hero, who recently disclosed she was a
female hero, will pit heroes against each other in an attempt to satiate the
curiousity of who would win in a battle. It doesn't matter where the hero is
or what they are doing, she can conjure them up and make them fight

SISTER STATE-THE-OBVIOUS - Does exactly that.

ADAMANT AUTHORITY-ON-EVERYTHING - Thinks he knows it all and utterly refuses
to compromise his opinion.

MR. MULTITASK - The more Mature version of Multitasking Lad, Mr. Multitask
spends his life on his Amiga 3000, with sixteen windows open at once so he
can do everything and read a novel during switch over times.

ONOMATO-PUWEEAH PERSON - Able to take words like BOOM! BLAM! and Any sound
F/X bubbles and use them as weapons.

DR. DERANGED - Whacky Mystic Extraordinare! With his faithful sidekick
Wangsguard and his mystic Eye of Okidata he sets forth to do funny magic
tricks.

SELF-RIGHTEOUS PREACHER - Disgusted at profanity and pornography, sets out to
morally clean up the nets.

PROFESSOR G - leader of the Unmanned G men

THE UNMANNED G-MEN:

ICEICEBABY - I guess has ice powers

MARVEL ZOMBIE GIRL - like Marvel Zombie Boy, only feminine

MATEL - Able to make matchbox toys or something to that effect, I forget.

SHEIKLOPS - Mid-Eastern Hero that can make a opticblast forcefield

YEAST - Covered in blue dough.

INTERLUDE - Will cause storylines or little interludes of thoughts from
heroes that aren't in the current story, and usually have nothing to do
with it.

APPARENT BAD_GUYS:
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
CHARLIE RISK, THE LIVING DECOY - Actually more of a mercenary, he
hires himself out to be killed in the place of real characters. A
silly concept who is apparently, currently dead.

SPOON - rotates spleens

KNIFE - Romantic sidekick to spoon, they ran off together.

SHADOWHICK - Probably dead.

SAVAGE MaCon - Might be dead.

YOUNGSTUD - Should be dead.

GatorAde - I am not sure, but I think this guy is dead.

WildC.U.B.S. - One member is aparently Hairdo, but the rest haven't
been currently defined.

WildG.N.A.T.S. - all been squashed.

DRAMATIZER - Apt to cause Over-dramatization of characters.

REDISTRIBUTER - can buy out characters and titles at will

RE-EDITOR - ability to retcon and spell check simultaneously.

LETHAL LAWYER - legal loopholes!

COLLECTOR - Collects for sentimental, monetary reasons

SPECULATOR - in it for the money

ROMANTIC-INNUENDO - Cupid gone mad. He is constantly pairing hero and villain
alike to make neat lover couples.

THE PUNISHED - Some misterious Villain based off of some mysterious unnamed
book.

X-OVER MEN - Mentioned once, I think by Dave Van Domelen, but I also think
they were destroyed in the same issue.

RUMOR MONGER - If he's not making them up he's spreading the latest tidbits
of Gossip and rumor

FANBOY KING - Leader of thousands of children into the Image Crisis