LNH: How to Be a Member, and The Roster Details...

sl...@cc.usu.edu

Sep 27, 1992, 1:43:19 AM9/27/92
RosterwReam sat smiling at his new found responsibility... The LNH roster
was now his to deal with. At least for the next version. Being List Lad's
sidekick was difficult but he had somehow proven himself worthy to appear on
the new roster. "Oh Boy! List Lad! I promise I won't let you down!!"
"You had better not!" List Lad drilled RosterwReam with his
authoritative lecturing technique.
"Oh I am going to do the very very best!" young RosterwReam glowed
with optimistic enthusiasm. "So now that I have added my name to the LNH
Roster can I post it! Shall I?"
"No! You had better not! I just finished with it! If you post it
now I will be stuck with it and I dont want to post this more often than a
month at a time!" List Lad began to wonder if this chance for a break was the
best idea.
"So, Oh great maestro. What should I do in the mean time?"
RosterwReam looked trustingly into the eyes of his teacher.
"Well, you could ask people to post their stories in a nice fashion."
List Lad began to describe a "nice fashion."
"Firstly to merit mention in the LNH, a posting entity must identify
him or herseslf as a character IN A POSTING!! It does no good to tell someone
that this character exists if he or she doesn't create some story in which
he or she is in it!
"Secondly it would be good to once the character appears to send to
the roster keeper which is you RosterwReam, at least for now, a detailed
description of the character the person thinks is worth mentioning in the
posting.
"Thirdly, KEEP POSTING AN OCCASIONAL MESSAGE WITH YOUR CHARCTER IN IT!"

"Wow!" RosterwReam's jaw dropped, his mouth agape. "There is so much
to remember! How will I ever remember it all!? Oh Great Lenthy One!"

"Well, The steps are to make things easier for everyone to get
involved! Its not a straight jacket! Its the best way to handle everyone who
wants to be involved! After all, the Legion Of Net Heroes is a Collaborative
experience, and that means everyone can partecipate!! There are just
somethings that make it easier for everyone!" List Lad taught caringly to the
youngster RosterwReam, who looked more confused than ever. "Oh don't worry
Faithful Sidekick! What it is really about is FUN!"

wReam...
Ultimate Ninja!!

P.S. Yeargh! OK did everyone catch the message in the narrative???
Hopefully! Cuz you'd have to be DAFT to not get it! Anyway, we would like
to mention you all and all your characters in the roster so let us
know if we forgot anyone. You can use ALL the characters! So Go write
Something Noteworthy!!! And remember to do it always in the spirit of
the everypopular :)

SCAVENGER

Sep 28, 1992, 11:26:55 PM9/28/92
Not to put a damper on my young pal's enthusiasm, I LIST LAD have a comment
to make or two.

1) The term is Writer Characters (not Word).
^^^^^^
2) The restriction on a character having to be put in a story DOES NOT
apply to LNH members (ie. Writer Characters). If you don't feel secure
enough to write a story (or if you don't have time/insainty to) You may
ask one of the story writers (the guys who have posted stories) or one
of the Roster keepers, LIST LAD and ROSTERwREAM, to put you in.
The restriction DOES apply to NWC's and NW-villians.

3) A Writer Villain does need to be introduced in a story, I direct you to
Dave (dvandom) or Manga Man for tips on being a live villain.
Dave (dvandom) and Manga Man for tips on playing live villains.

4) Please remember that WC's and WV's are persona's of real people. As in
MUDing, remember that you don't won't to do something to hurt others'
feelings. This doesn't mean you can't kill someone off (after all no one
dies forever) but write in good taste (you know what I mean)

Well I think that's all, get those entries in to wReam, cause he wants
to have at least 100 new entries by Friday!!!!

-----SCAVENGER aka LIST LAD

It was just a joke wReam...Hey! Put down that ninja bush.....hey stop that!

AHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

--
KAHN: And I never forget a face. Mr. Chekov, | kog...@ucsu.colorado.edu
isn't it? | (Internet/Usenet)

sl...@cc.usu.edu

Sep 29, 1992, 1:11:30 AM9/29/92
> Not to put a damper on my young pal's enthusiasm, I LIST LAD have a comment
> to make or two.
>
> 1) The term is Writer Characters (not Word).
> ^^^^^^

oooooops! It was Dyslexia's Fault! She is the one that does that sort of
thing!!!

> 2) The restriction on a character having to be put in a story DOES NOT
> apply to LNH members (ie. Writer Characters). If you don't feel secure
> enough to write a story (or if you don't have time/insainty to) You may
> ask one of the story writers (the guys who have posted stories) or one
> of the Roster keepers, LIST LAD and ROSTERwREAM, to put you in.
> The restriction DOES apply to NWC's and NW-villians.
>
> 3) A Writer Villain does need to be introduced in a story, I direct you to

Although you don't have to post a story, I hope to see them showing up
in issues... That goes to the Sneaky One, and the rest I receive soon!

> Dave (dvandom) or Manga Man for tips on being a live villain.
> Dave (dvandom) and Manga Man for tips on playing live villains.
>
> 4) Please remember that WC's and WV's are persona's of real people. As in
> MUDing, remember that you don't won't to do something to hurt others'
> feelings. This doesn't mean you can't kill someone off (after all no one
> dies forever) but write in good taste (you know what I mean)

Oooooooooooo... WELL then I hope no one really minds when I do the
Ultimate Ninja vs. Acton Lord miniseries, where in it Ultimate Ninja Kills
Every Character recorded in existence!!! (There is a reasoning behind it,
but until I get better modem access, or it won't be published for some time.)
(Naturally this should not mess anyone up... After all you can kill and be
killed all you want in this realm!)

> Well I think that's all, get those entries in to wReam, cause he wants
> to have at least 100 new entries by Friday!!!!

to quote a certain cockroach, "Bwah-ha-ha-ha-ha!!!"
:)

wReam...
Ultimate Ninja!!!

P.S. What's all this mess???

> It was just a joke wReam...Hey! Put down that ninja bush.....hey stop that!

P.P.S. :) How Did you know I spent the day battling my little brothers with
Ninja Bush! I even still have some in my pocket!

> AHHHHHHHHHHhhhhhhhhhhhhhh......

The first to fall!!! :)

:) <---I don't post at home without it, (and I am at home!)