results of College Bowl / ACF top 20 poll

matth...@wharton.upenn.edu

Apr 19, 1993, 1:34:47 PM4/19/93
Here are the results of the second College Bowl / ACF Top 20 Poll!

Sixteen people voted this time, double the amount of the first poll!

THE TOP 20
SCHOOL (1ST PLACE VOTES) PTS
-----------------------------------
1. University of Chicago (15) 318
2. Harvard 281
3. Maryland 271
4. University of Virginia (1) 254
5. Stanford 249
6. Georgia Tech 197
7. University of Pennsylvania 189
8. Vanderbilt 187
9. Minnesota 143
10. Brigham Young 123
11. Illinois 122
12. North Carolina St. 106
13. Rice 85
14. Western Michigan 78.5
15. Michigan 76
16. Berry College 75
17. Florida State 71
18. George Washington 63
19. Dartmouth 53
20. Emory 52

OTHERS RECEIVING VOTES: Wisconsin 49, Tennessee 44, Boston University 39,
Swarthmore 38, Princeton 35, Carleton 28, Case Western 26, Duke 23, Cornell 14,
MIT 12, Kentucky 11, Michigan St. 11, North Carolina 11, Johns Hopkins 9,
Kent St. 9, Oglethorpe 8, Ohio St. 8, Iowa St. 5, Williams 4, Beloit 1,
Bridgewater College 1 (?), East Carolina 0.5.

Thank you to everyone who voted. The next (and final) poll will be
conducted in two weeks or so. By then, I will have distributed the
results of Illinois's Dr. Seuss Tournament, Auburn's Ludden Invitational,
and College Bowl Nationals. If any of you have tournament results to distribute,
please send them along to me at matth...@wharton.upenn.edu.

Patrick Matthews
Penn College Bowl

Michael D. Adams

Apr 19, 1993, 11:20:27 PM4/19/93
matth...@wharton.upenn.edu writes:

: Thank you to everyone who voted. The next (and final) poll will be

: conducted in two weeks or so. By then, I will have distributed the
: results of Illinois's Dr. Seuss Tournament, Auburn's Ludden Invitational,

[...]

In practice today at UIUC, there was some discussion about whether
or not this weekend's Seuss Tournament (which pitted Chicago A, B,
and C against Illinois A, B, and C) really *should* count as the
second annual Dr. Seuss Memorial Tournament (which will be held
in the fall in the future), or if it should be considered the
first annual Spring I-57 Lovefest....despite what it says on
the trophy. ;)

Anyone have any more alternate lyrics to the Barney Song? ;)

--
Michael D. Adams (sta...@a2i.rahul.net) Enterprise, Alabama

"Certainly the game is rigged. Don't let that stop you; if you
don't bet, you can't win." -- Lazarus Long