On the Lack of all Comfort: (VI)

Weedy

Mar 26, 2012, 1:29:01 PM3/26/12
On the Lack of all Comfort: (VI)

In what, then, can I place my hope or trust, save in the great mercy
of God alone, and in the hope of His heavenly grace (Ps. 51:10). For
whether I enjoy the company of good men, or devout Brethren, or
faithful friends; whether holy books, beautiful treatises, or sweet
singing and hymns; all these are of little help or comfort when I am
forsaken by grace and left to my own poverty. At such a time there is
no better remedy than patience and submission to the will of God.
--Thomas à Kempis --Imitation of Christ Bk 2 Ch 9

<<>><<>><<>>
March 26th - St. Macartin of Clogher, Bishop
(also known as Macartan, MacCartan, Maccarthen)

Died c. 505; feast day formerly March 24. Saint Macartin (in Irish is
Aedh mac Carthin) was an early disciple and companion of Saint Patrick
during the latter's missions into pagan territory. He is said to have
been consecrated bishop of Clogher in Tyrone by Patrick in 454. It is
said that Saint Brigid, Macartin's niece, was present at the founding
of the see.

Macartin is also one of the earliest Irish saints to be known as a
miracle-worker. His holiness is revealed not so much by any vita,
which are non-existent, but by the high veneration in which he is
held. Saint Bede records that the earth was taken from his grave as
holy relics. His Office is the only one to survive from an Irish
source.

A reliquary, called the Great Shrine of Saint Mac Cairthinn, which was
designed to contain relics of the True Cross as well as his bones, has
been altered over the centuries but still survives as the "Domnach
Airgid" in the National Museum. It's inner yew box was given to
Macartin by Patrick together with the latter's episcopal staff and
Bible.

The Cloch-Oir (Golden Stone), from which this ancient diocese takes
its name, was a sacred ceremonial stone to the druids, It was given
to Macartin by an old pagan noble, who had harassed Macartin in every
possible way until the saint's patient love won the local ruler to the
faith. The stone is still preserved and the noble's son, Tighernach of
Clones, succeed Macartin as bishop (Benedictines, D'Arcy, Farmer,
Healy, Kenney, Montague, Muirhead, Needham).

Saint Quote:
God refuses only the person who does not admit his own weakness; He
sends
away only the unhappy proud person. You must "hold him" well and
strongly,
with a poor spirit, with a poor heart, with a life entirely poor...The
life
of a soul who seeks true happiness clearly and indisputably depends on
this:
that those who seek their joy in God are the ones who give joy to God.
--Saint Raphael Kalinowski

Bible Quote:
He who does not take up his cross and follow Me, is not worthy of Me.
(Matthew 10:38)

<<>><<>><<>>
The traditional Seven Offerings of the Most Precious Blood of Christ:

Opening prayer:

Eternal Father, I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Jesus Christ
in atonement for my sins, and in supplication for the holy souls in
Purgatory and for the needs of Holy Church.

Eternal Father! I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Jesus of Thy
well-beloved Son, my Saviour and my God, for my dear Mother the holy
Church, that she may enlarge her borders and be magnified among all
the nations of the earth; for the safety and well-being of her visible
head, the sovereign Roman Pontiff; for the cardinals, bishops, and
pastors of souls, and for all the ministers of Thy sanctuary.

Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Ghost, as It
was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end.
Amen.

Blessing and thanksgiving be evermore to Jesus, Who with His Blood
hath saved us!

II. Eternal Father! I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Jesus,
Thy well-beloved Son, my Saviour and my God, for peace and union among
all Catholic kings, princes and leaders, for the humiliation of the
enemies of our holy Faith, and for the welfare of all Christian
people.

Blessing and thanksgiving be evermore to Jesus, Who with His Blood
hath saved us!

III. Eternal Father! I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Jesus,
Thy well-beloved Son, my Saviour and my God, for the repentance of
unbelievers, for the uprooting of heresy, and for the conversion of
sinners.

Blessing and thanksgiving be evermore to Jesus, Who with His Blood
hath saved us!

IV. Eternal Father! I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Jesus,
Thy well-beloved Son, my Saviour and my God, for all my kindred,
friends, and enemies; for the poor, the sick, and wretched, and for
all for whom Thou, my God, knoweth that I ought to pray, or wouldeth
have me pray.

Blessing and thanksgiving be evermore to Jesus, Who with His Blood
hath saved us!

V. Eternal Father! I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Jesus, Thy
well-beloved Son, my Saviour and my God, for all who, this day, are
passing to the other life; that Thou wouldeth save them from the pains
of hell, and admit them quickly to the possession of Thy glory.

Blessing and thanksgiving be evermore to Jesus, Who with His Blood
hath saved us!

VI. Eternal Father! I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Jesus,
Thy well-beloved Son, my Saviour and my God, for all those who love
this great treasure, for those who join with me in adoring it and
honoring it, and who strive to spread devotion to it.

Blessing and thanksgiving be evermore to Jesus, Who with His Blood
hath saved us!

VII. Eternal Father! I offer Thee the Most Precious Blood of Jesus,
Thy well-beloved Son, my Saviour and my God, for all my wants,
spiritual and temporal, in aid of the holy souls in purgatory, and
chiefly for those who most loved this precious Blood, the price of our
redemption, and who were most devout to the sorrows and pains of most
holy Mary, our dear Mother.

Blessing and thanksgiving be evermore to Jesus, Who with His Blood
hath saved us!

(Conclusion) Glory be to the Blood of Jesus; now and forever, and
thoughout all ages! Amen. +