Limbaugh mocks NFL national anthem protests: 'There's no way Donald Trump loses this'

Bro. Edwards

Sep 26, 2017, 7:18:27 PM9/26/17
Radio host: ‘The owners, as I discussed earlier, are scared to
death’

Radio host Rush Limbaugh — also an avid Pittsburgh Steelers fan
— has a message for President Trump after a weekend of national-
anthem protests in the NFL: owners are “scared to death.”

Dozens of pro football players — at least some in every game
Sunday — refused to stand during “The Star-Spangled Banner” in
reaction to Mr. Trump’s recent statement that protesters should
be fired.

Mr. Limbaugh told millions of listeners that conservatives
should cheer because the decision by players to politicize the
sport is backfiring.

“The left is attempting to publicly damage, take hold, whatever,
of the NFL,” Mr. Limbaughsaid. “And people who are not political
— and there are a lot of those in this country, more than you
would think — are seeing it. And they don’t like it, and now
there’s a president speaking out against it. In public, it is
Democrats who are now showing up to be the party supporting
actions against the flag. The Democrats are being seen as the
party that encourages protest against the anthem and the country
itself. I’m telling you, sports media guys and gals, there’s no
way Donald Trump loses this, the way you’ve got it going.”

Mr. Limbaugh also acknowledged during the broadcast that
Sunday’s protests prompted him to actively avoid a Steelers game
for the first time in over four decades.

“I was personally saddened,” he said. “I did not watch the
National Football League yesterday, and it was the first time in
45 years that I made an active decision not to watch, including
my team, the Pittsburgh Steelers.”

Ironically, the Steelers were the one team in the league to have
nobody kneel. Coach Mike Tomlin, in order to avoid divisiveness,
kept the team back in the locker room during the anthem.

However, offensive-lineman Alejandro Villanueva, who graduated
from the U.S. Military Academy and was decorated for his valor
in Afghanistan, chose to walk out to the tunnel entrance and
stand at attention with his hand over his heart — a move that
quickly won him social-media accolades but caused more confusion
for the team Monday.

“It was not a decision made in anger. It was genuine sadness,”
Mr. Limbaugh said about his personal Sunday NFL boycott. “I
realized that I can no longer look at this game and watch this
game and study this game and pretend, you know, fantasize,
everything a fan does. This whole thing has removed for me the
ingredients that are in the recipe that make up a fan. The
mystique is gone,” Mr. Limbaugh said.

Sunday’s political spectacles were an extension of a movement
that started during the 2016 season with former San Francisco
49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. The player/activist refused
to stand during the national anthem as a way of protesting
police brutality.

“The owners, as I discussed earlier, are scared to death,
folks,” Mr. Limbaugh said. “They’ve got to come down on the side
of their employees or their customers. They are trying to find
this middle ground and they’re doing that with liberal political
language like, ‘We’re for unity and solidarity,’ and it doesn’t
fly because this isn’t unity. Nobody’s being unified. The
divisiveness is happening on Sundays.”

The radio host also used clips of booing fans, along with
sagging television ratings, to buttress his point.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/2017/sep/25/rush-limbaugh-
mocks-nfl-national-anthem-protests-t/

Comments:

ricocat1 • 20 hours ago
Rush Limbaugh is right. Most patriotic Americans will support
President Trump and boycott the NFL and all its memorabilia.
24
•Reply•Share ›
Show 1 new reply
Sharp Shtik ricocat1 • 14 hours ago
Unless they want to downsize, only absolute idiotic leftists
would join their low IQ replaceable employees in favor of black
criminals against police trying to stop their crimes and against
the country their customers hail from.
6
•Reply•Share ›
Show 8 new replies
Bill Henrickson • 20 hours ago
I took a gander at Pittsburg's newspaper today, and Steeler
Nation was almost uniformly furious at their own team, their
coaches, their star players, their liberal sports journalist,
everybody except the lone Patriotic player that came out of the
tunnel by himself to honor the National Anthem.

I'd never seen anything like it.
16
•Reply•Share ›
Show 9 new replies
Barbara • 20 hours ago
I have not listened to Mr. L for many years and barely listened
even then, but he has a point. It is sad, but from what I hear,
even the black community has had enough. I heard one man say the
left destroyed the black family, then destroyed the black child
and now they are trying to take their country away from them.
They don't like this at all. Psssst. Don't tell them, let them
implode, but as usual the progressives just simple cannot help
themselves from going way too far. Remember, not one or two
women out of the woodwork against Herman Cain, but 12, not one
or two out of the woodwork against Trump but 20 and a few little
girls, over kill it's called. And where are all these women now?
Heard from any of them? No. Sure haven't. They all slithered
back into the woodwork when threatened with a lawsuit.