[Hannity] Time for Clintons to support the peaceful transition

Ubiquitous

Dec 22, 2016, 7:09:27 AM12/22/16
ERIC BOLLING, GUEST HOST: Welcome to "Hannity." Germany is now
treating the attack on a Berlin Christmas market as an act of
terror.

I'm Eric Bolling in for Sean.

Tonight, Kellyanne Conway, Rudy Giuliani, Governor Scott Walker,
Laura Ingraham and Mike Huckabee all join us.

But first, German chancellor Angela Merkel and the country's top
prosecutor are now saying terrorism is the likely the motive behind
a holiday rampage, and according to the Associated Press, ISIS is
claiming responsibility for the truck attack. Also tonight, Russian
president Vladimir Putin is vowing revenge after the country's
ambassador to Turkey was gunned down yesterday.

President-elect Donald Trump is reacting to both stories by
promising to fight radical Islam while the White House won't even
utter the phrase.

Joining us now with reaction is Trump senior adviser Kellyanne
Conway. Thank you for joining us, Kelly. Big news day. Lots going
on in the world . Let's start with the Berlin attack. President-
elect Donald Trump says he will fight Islamic terror. He used those
words together. Why did he specifically do that so soon?

KELLYANNE CONWAY, TRUMP TRANSITION SENIOR ADVISER: Well, it's part
of how he ran his campaign and won. People want tough, strong
leadership. If you look at the polls, Eric, Americans feel less safe
than they did four or eight years ago. Many of them feel less
prosperous, as well.

But you know, in the last two years alone, we've had radical Islamic
terrorists make its way onto our shores here. In San Bernardino,
where the fiancee came -- the woman came through a fiancee K1 visa
most Americans didn't even know existed as an option, and of course,
down in Orlando this past May, the worst massacre of its kind in
American history, 49 innocent lives being snuffed out by a man who
was radicalized as an Islamist on the Internet.

And so we already know that this exists. We know that those who say
that they're the JV team and they're no longer on the advance are
just dead wrong. And you see it mostly in Europe. You see Nice and
Paris, of course, and Brussels, and now, apparently, the market in
Berlin, Germany. They're nondiscriminatory in terms of when they
attack, who they attack, but we know why they attack, because they
hate freedom-loving people and they're on a religious jihad.

BOLLING: So Kellyanne, yesterday, the White House said probably
terror, or likely terror. Donald Trump came out and said, You know
what? It's Islamic terror, and we're going to call them out for it
and we're going to stop it, and since then, ISIS has claimed credit
for it. So Donald Trump was right.

CONWAY: He's right again. And I was on a show earlier with someone
said, Why does he get ahead of himself when he doesn't have the
evidence? They said the same thing in San Bernardino about him. They
said the same thing in Orlando.

The man's instincts are correct. And he's right this time, as well.
By the way, he doesn't say that to be right, he says it to remind
all of us, Eric, of who the enemy really is here, and you can't
defeat them until you're willing to name them.

And one of the untold stories of the election, frankly, is how much
it mattered to many Americans that Donald Trump, as the Republican
nominee, was willing to stand up so many times and call it out
radical Islamic terrorism, talk about the fact that the ham-handed
way we got out of Iraq created this vacuum for ISIS, and its
progenitor groups were able to flourish.

And he also -- you know, you may recall in August or September, he
came out with this pretty muscular four or five-point plan to defeat
them. So people can go and look it up. They can disagree if it.
(INAUDIBLE) talks about extreme vetting. He talks about all those
countries that harbor and train and export terrorists, where we have
very little vetting process.

You and I know that they -- ISIS has promised to come in through the
form of refugees, Syrian refugees and others. So they've been very
clear that they're just getting started.

BOLLING: Sure. Kellyanne, the other big story yesterday was the
Russian ambassador being assassinated in front of the cameras. In
the aftermath of that, let's talk about this, because President-
elect Donald Trump, President Donald Trump is going to walk into
some sort of mess with this situation.

You have Russia on one hand saying, Our ambassador's killed and we
want someone to pay for that, yet there are others like Ambassador
John Bolton, former ambassador John Bolton, suggesting that maybe
this is some sort of plot by the Russians now to use this tragedy to
get Turkey to get out of NATO.

Now, it's a little wonky, though, but how is Donald Trump going to
handle such a hot spot going forward?

CONWAY: Well, the way he handled this particular incident is he did
two things, and they're both correct. He did what a leader does.
First, he expressed outrage that an ambassador would be killed and
that it violates every convention we can think of in orderly
society. Number two, he expressed condolences to the gentleman's
family.

That's what leaders do before they have all the evidence. And when
he's president of the United States, he will make clear what his
policies are. But I don't think the president-elect is going to
speculate on the rest of it and come up with any type of theory,
other than what he sees in front of him, which is a cold-blooded
murder of an ambassador in a foreign country that he's been serving.

BOLLING: Talk to me a little bit, Kellyanne, about the very, very
strategic and important country, Turkey, for many reasons -- its
location to Iraq and Syria. Its access -- ISIS has claimed that
they're selling oil to Turkey. It's -- part of being in NATO, it
wants to be in the European Union. How does Donald -- what's Donald
Trump's Turkey strategy?

CONWAY: Oh, I can't discuss that before he's the president of the
United States. I know that he has discussed it and we're aware of
it, but we're very respectful, Eric, until he is the president of
the United States and the commander-in-chief starting on January
20th next month, that we have a president currently.

Everything that you just described about Turkey is 100 percent
correct, and obviously, the president-elect is aware of that and
discussing that with his leaders. He's made very clear, too, that as
soon as he assumes office, he will be convening those leaders, his
secretary of state, his secretary of defense, his national security
adviser and others. And he will be conferring about the best
strategies moving forward in Turkey and elsewhere.

BOLLING: OK, can we play this up? Can we talk a little bit about --
you know, clearly, Vladimir Putin -- he's ticked off. He lost an
ambassador. How is -- has -- has Putin reached out to President-
elect Donald Trump on this assassination yet?

CONWAY: I'm not aware that he has.

BOLLING: OK. All right, let's move on to this one. Now, there's some
back and forth going on about a phone call that occurred on election
night. Now, initially, Bill Clinton, former president Bill Clinton,
suggested that Donald Trump had called him, Mr. Trump tweeted today,
No, no, no, you got it wrong, he called me. Now, you have some
intimate knowledge of this.

CONWAY: Oh, I do. Actually, it was -- the president-elect is
correct. On Thursday, November 10th, which basically was a day after
the wee hours of November 9th when he won and that Hillary Clinton
called to concede and congratulate him, I received a call from
President Bill Clinton's chief of staff who asked if we could
arrange a call to have President Bill Clinton congratulate the
president-elect.

The president-elect was in Washington, D.C., meeting with the
current president on November 10th, that Thursday, as we'll all
recall. And so we arranged a call. They had a great conversation.

But it did go that way, and I saw in his tweet tonight that
President Bill Clinton did say, Donald Trump and I agree on one
thing, I did call him. It's fine.

It may seem like a minor point to some, but it shows you the power
of Donald Trump in his Twitter feed when he says, No, I'm going to
correct the record right here. You actually called me, which is
true.

I just think their war of the -- it's not really a war of the words,
it's just a departure in facts when it comes to what just happened
in this election.

BOLLING: Speaking...

CONWAY: I mean, Bill Clinton won the presidency twice because he
knew how to win those important blue states in the upper Midwest and
other places. His wife failed to do that. And she failed to do that
not because Vladimir Putin told them to ignore Milwaukee, but
because for some reason, they took for granted Wisconsin because it
had gone blue in every election since 1984.

And so I think Bill Clinton, who knows politics so well, who is
clearly the more gifted masterful politician in his two-person
household -- he should know better than to be blaming Russian
hacking or Jim Comey or Bernie Sanders -- how dare he run against...

(CROSSTALK)

CONWAY: Enough of these excuses!

BOLLING: He went even further than Jim Comey. He did. He blamed,
what'd he call it, the fake e-mail scandal. Then he blamed Jim
Comey. In this same comment where he said that Donald Trump had
called him -- in that same comment, he said Donald Trump knows how
to get angry white males to vote for him.

CONWAY: Well, that's not the only group -- first of all, it's
insult. And I think Bill Clinton sounds like in that case a Trump
voter these days. He seems pretty angry white male, but -- and
that's too bad because he's a former president. We have enormous
respect for him and for his legacy, as it were.

But we also have to point out that Donald Trump had a very broad
coalition when he ran the tables among the same kind of Democratic
union households that Bill Clinton won and Hillary Clinton lost. He
ran the tables among rural voters. Frankly, he got almost as much as
Mitt Romney got among women and he ran against the first female
president.

Why did -- I would ask the Clintons, why didn't Hillary Clinton get
60 or 62 percent of the female vote? What's wrong with her, running
as the first female president? Why does she have this wicked gender
gap among men, where they disliked her, dismissed her, didn't want
her to be president of the United States or commander-in-chief. They
distrusted her.

She underperformed among millennials. She couldn't bring together
the Obama coalition and she certainly couldn't bring together the
Bill Clinton coalition. It's pretty simple.

BOLLING: So those comments I would call deplorable and irredeemable
by Bill Clinton. Is that OK to do that?

CONWAY: I would call them -- yes, something like that. But I would
just call them dead wrong, and it's time to -- look, it's time for
the Clintons to do what the Obamas have done, which is to open up
the door and say, We are here to help you have a peaceful transition
in our great democracy. We're only one month away today, Eric, from
January 20th, and it's really time for the Clintons to tell all of
their adherers (ph), their protesters, this fanciful electoral
strategy which failed, the hashtag -- it's time for them to tell
everybody to support this guy.

BOLLING: So let's tell the audience -- I heard some news today. I
heard a rumor today that Kellyanne Conway is going to move to
Washington, D.C. Kellyanne, what are you going to do there?

(LAUGHTER)

CONWAY: Well, first I'm going to look for a house and some schools
for my kids. We'll see how welcome the Trump people are in these
schools, Eric. But we will -- I'm going to serve the president-
elect and the vice president-elect in whatever capacity they would
prefer me. And we've been talking about that. But either way, you
can expect me in Washington, D.C.

We're just getting started. This is a man in a big hurry to do great
things, and I am all too humbled and honored to be part of that
because he's going to make good on these promises of his first 100-
day plan. You see the activity and the energy already, just as
president-elect and vice president-elect, and it's a very exciting
time.

And I want to give a shoutout. I talked today on the phone for half
hour with Valerie Jarrett, and I really appreciate the kind of
counsel that I'm getting personally and others on the team are
receiving from President Obama's administration and its officials.
It's very helpful for us to talk to people who are actually there.

BOLLING: All right. Kellyanne, we're going to -- we're going to
leave it right there. I'm going to tell you, I'm going to miss you
around the neighborhood. I used to drive around and see Kellyanne
and her -- and her beautiful family...

CONWAY: Oh, we're keeping our house here.

BOLLING: Kellyanne...

CONWAY: Well, come and visit.

BOLLING: Thank you. I will. I'll come visit you in D.C. Thank you
very much.

Coming up -- after another stunning attack in Europe, the world is
on edge, and President-elect Donald Trump is promising a new
approach to fighting radical Islamic terror. Former New York City
mayor Rudy Giuliani is here with reaction.

--
"In Defense of the Electoral College"
-- Slate, 2012

"The Electoral College Is an Instrument of White Supremacy -- and
Sexism"
-- Slate, 2016

I wonder what changed between 2012 and 2016, Slate?

Ubiquitous

Dec 22, 2016, 7:12:21 AM12/22/16