{OT}China Passes Japan as Second-Largest Economy

FatterDumber& Happier Moe

Aug 16, 2010, 3:38:04 AM8/16/10
We will loan the capitalists so they have enough money to buy the rope
we will sell them with which we will hang them. While we are chasing
ghosts in Afghanistan and playing bop the mole in the middle east and
going broke, China takes care of business and prospers.

"The recognition came early Monday, when Tokyo said that Japan’s
economy was valued at about $1.28 trillion in the second quarter,
slightly below China’s $1.33 trillion. Japan’s economy grew 0.4 percent
in the quarter, Tokyo said, substantially less than forecast. That
weakness suggests that China’s economy will race past Japan’s for the
full year.
Experts say unseating Japan — and in recent years passing Germany,
France and Great Britain — underscores China’s growing clout and
bolsters forecasts that China will pass the United States as the world’s
biggest economy as early as 2030. America’s gross domestic product was
about $14 trillion in 2009."
http://www.nytimes.com/2010/08/16/business/global/16yuan.html?_r=1&hp
and
Eventually a showdown will have to happen between the west and the
east over world resources. It's bound to happen, it always has and
always will,

"Tensions rise over efforts to create a new Chinese lake
ON THE face of things, North Korea was supposed to quiver at the
presence of a powerful American aircraft-carrier, the USS George
Washington, at the head of a fleet of American and South Korean warships
off the south-east coast of the Korean peninsula this week. The vessels
fired artillery shells and lobbed anti-submarine bombs into the
wine-dark sea. This was no idle show of force, but an act of
intimidation aimed at deterring North Korea, which South Korea and the
United States blame for the sinking in March of a South Korean corvette,
the Cheonan.
But more subtly, it was also a shot across China’s bows. China refuses
to condemn North Korea over the Cheonan sinking, to the irritation of
America and others, while describing the exercises as unwarranted
warmongering. America and China have shown growing signs of friction
over their competing security presence around the trade-clogged shores
of Asia."
http://www.economist.com/node/16706997

Clive

Aug 16, 2010, 9:52:26 AM8/16/10
In message <4c68ead9$0$11832$bbae...@news.suddenlink.net>,
FatterDumber& Happier Moe <Wheres...@UncleSamLoves.Mee> writes

> "The recognition came early Monday, when Tokyo said that Japan’s
>economy was valued at about $1.28 trillion in the second quarter,
>slightly below China’s $1.33 trillion. Japan’s economy grew 0.4
>percent in the quarter, Tokyo said, substantially less than forecast.
Out of context dribble cut.
The GDP per capital is $37,000 in Japan and $3,600 in china, (figures
from BBC World Business Report). As the average American would say, go
figure.
--
Clive

FatterDumber& Happier Moe

Aug 16, 2010, 4:48:02 PM8/16/10

Another way to think of it,
If the US had made half the progress China has in the last 30 years....

JoeSpareBedroom

Aug 17, 2010, 9:44:36 AM8/17/10
"FatterDumber& Happier Moe" <"WheresMyCheck"@UncleSamLoves.Mee> wrote in
message news:4c69a3ff$0$11815$bbae...@news.suddenlink.net...