How dumb are Glenn Beck followers?

John Manning

Oct 14, 2010, 8:20:25 PM10/14/10

The poor stupid bastards are so gullible and easily-lead
that they're giving money to the Big Money Corporate
Billionaires who've been fucking them over all along.

-- Glenn Beck urged his followers today to start sending donations
directly to corporate interests so the U.S. Chamber of Commerce can buy
more elections for far-right candidates.

The Chamber is a trade association representing some of the largest
corporations you can think of.

Its board of directors counts among its members executives from Pfizer,
Lockheed Martin, AT&T, US Airways, JPMorgan Chase & Co., IBM, and
Verizon. It is The Establishment incarnate.

The minions took their orders well -- the Chamber's online donation page
crashed today after regular folks tried to give their money to the
already-extremely-wealthy business lobby.

http://mediamatters.org/blog/201010140032

bear

Oct 14, 2010, 9:34:52 PM10/14/10

Great post John, I am with you. I think we should take all the money
the wealthy have worked for, at least the majority of them, taken
risks that may cost them everything they have, some have lost their
families because they were putting in 60 to 80 hours a week making all
of that money and getting rich, and then, let us give it to the poor
that are too lazy, have no ambition, do not try to make a better life
for themselves, think they are too smart to work for a living like all
those wealthy people, who they think have too much and should give
their money to them.

Then, when the wealthy finally get fed up and say, to hell with it,
why should I work and take risks to make money that I am forced to
give to those who refuse to work, I might as well join them. Who then
is going to support them? Who provide the majority of jobs for those
of us who are willing to work; surely, it is not all the big, rich,
business folks. Therefore, it makes all the sense in the world to tax
them and take their wealth away to the point where they say to hell
with you, we will just close down our business or, move it to a
country where we are not forced to give it away. That way, those of
us that are willing to work will be forced to join the ones who refuse
to work because there will be no jobs.

Am I one of the rich ones that I seem to be defending, well, I have
worked from 18 to 66 and last year, I did not make enough to owe any
taxes. What does that tell you about how wealthy I am? Although we
could qualify for government handouts, we take none because we do not
believe others should be responsible for our living.

We have some friends who started up a business about seven years ago
and went from being run by family to where they were employing over 70
people. Although I would not call them extremely wealthy, they were
making more money in a month than I ever did in a year. Guess what,
the economy tanked, they spent all the money that they had in reserve
trying to keep their employees with jobs. It did not work; they lost
the business, their home and were forced to declare bankruptcy. Now
his wife is working, while also raising their five children and he is
working three jobs just to pay bills and their business debts. I
suppose you think it only fair that they should share their income
with all of those who, though could work, refuse to do so.

Look at the countries with systems that supposedly would provide a
better standard of living for everyone, and then ask yourself how you
would like to live there. I have been in some of those countries,
there are a few very wealthy, privileged elite and the rest of the
population is very poor.

If our systems is so bad, why is it that so many people throughout the
world would jump through hoops if they could come here? Is it
perfect, not hardly, do I wish some things were different, of course,
would I like to go to another country where I would have a better
standard of living, of course, where is it?

I hope you are one of the wealthy ones John.

Bear

NefeshBarYochai

Oct 14, 2010, 9:53:57 PM10/14/10

Hey ape you are a monkey bumper lips.

Mitchell Holman

Oct 14, 2010, 10:39:10 PM10/14/10
bear <tevan...@charter.net> wrote in

Pity the poor rich. Indeed, how can anyone
working for a weekly paycheck not feel the plight
of Paris Hilton the taxes she has to pay?

Next time a volunteer from from the Tea Party
comes to your door think of the suffering of Paris
and give generously.

bd4u.utah

Oct 14, 2010, 11:48:50 PM10/14/10
> Bear- Hide quoted text -

---->
Two Space Aliens were asked questions by the
Government to be fair the Government allowed
the Space Aliens to ask any question in return.
The question was asked..

"How come you have to pay to live on your own
planet?"

--
http://www.knewage4u2.com

bear

Oct 14, 2010, 11:50:58 PM10/14/10

How many tax payers give to Paris Hilton? Where does she get her
money? How did her family get their money? What do you suggest, that
the Hilton's just give everything to those who do not have it as well
as they do? Is any one forced to stay in a Hilton hotel? Is any one
forced to read all the gossip and keep Paris in the limelight. How
much of your money do you voluntarily give to those that have less
than you? Do you work for a living or do you depend upon some one
else to provide one for you? I suppose you think it is grand that
some just have more babies because it means a bigger freeloader
paycheck.

I have absolutely nothing against helping people that truly need help,
most of those people do not get enough. I do have trouble with able
bodied people that could work and provide for themselves but are too
lazy to do so.

Do you watch TV, go to sporting events, the movies, take vacations or
eat three good meals a day? If you do any of these, why don't you take
that money and give to those that never get to go to any of those
events and are lucky to get one meal a day in their entire life.

I could have made a better living than what I did, had I been willing
to put some more effort into getting a better education, working
harder and being more ambitious but that was not as important to me as
enjoying what I was doing. Therefore, do I have any right to expect
others to share what they have made so I can have it as good as they
do? Think I will just go a sit in my 12 year old car and stew in my
jealousy for those that have it better than I do and feel sorry for
myself.

Bear

NefeshBarYochai

Oct 14, 2010, 11:54:53 PM10/14/10
On Oct 14, 9:50 pm, bear <tevans9...@charter.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 21:39:10 -0500, Mitchell Holman
>

> <nom...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >bear <tevans9...@charter.net> wrote in
> Bear- Hide quoted text -

Paris Hiltons shit stinks real bad. She is a heathen.

Monty Clayton's Flying Python

Oct 15, 2010, 2:27:29 AM10/15/10

"John Manning" <jrob...@terra.com.br> wrote in message

I've said it before and I'll say it again....never underestimate the
stupidity of a conservative American!

panam...@hotmail.com

Oct 15, 2010, 3:50:44 AM10/15/10
On Oct 14, 11:50 pm, bear <tevans9...@charter.net> wrote:

snip

> How many tax payers give to Paris Hilton?

None, except when she actually goes to jail.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Hilton

> How did her family get their money?

Well, by being the great-granddaughter of one of the men allowed to
escape taxes before the Great Depression. And also because tax rates
are approaching similar levels today.

http://politicalcalculations.blogspot.com/2010/07/tax-gouging-poor-and-middle-class.html

> What do you suggest, that
> the Hilton's just give everything to those who do not have it as well
> as they do?

No, not "everything". I just think that a little support for the
government that made it possible for that family to become so wealthy
in the first place would be nice.

> Is any one forced to stay in a Hilton hotel?

No, and if things keep going the way they are, not many people will be
able to afford it. Damn shame, they're nice places to stay.

>Is any one
> forced to read all the gossip and keep Paris in the limelight.

No, but the half of the US population that seem to be irrevocably
ignorant & stupid just seem to be unable to avoid it. Quite frankly,
I'm surprised that you are not among them, based upon your previous
comments here (I reply from alt.atheism).

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bread_and_circuses

> How
> much of your money do you voluntarily give to those that have less
> than you?

Well, at the moment..I'm not quite sure. I'm taxed at 25%.

http://www.moneychimp.com/features/tax_brackets.htm

But a lot of that goes to the US military & stuff. I really wouldn't
mind paying so much if most of it was spent on roads *in* the US,
instead of roads in Iraq & Afghanistan.

> Do you work for a living

Big provider of cable TV content. Multiple networks. $50K a year.

>or do you depend upon some one
> else to provide one for you?

Nope. Just me. Although I have to admit..the girlfriend graduates from
tech school next spring, and *if* she can find a job afterwards,
she'll help "provide" as well..

>I suppose you think it is grand that
> some just have more babies because it means a bigger freeloader
> paycheck.

Nah. I almost agree with you about "the worst of the worst"..the
people that abuse the social system. OTOH, I see where the lack of
social services to such people in the US will eventually cause. It's
already happening in Latin America.

http://www.articlesbase.com/travel-articles/kidnapping-in-latin-america-the-basics-131528.html
http://www.hacer.org/current/Mex056.php

Think of it as "bribery"? As the middle class in the US declines,
isn't it a good idea that our tax dollars should keep them satiatied?

> I have absolutely nothing against helping people that truly need help,
> most of those people do not get enough.  I do have trouble with able
> bodied people that could work and provide for themselves but are too
> lazy to do so.
>
> Do you watch TV, go to sporting events, the movies, take vacations or
> eat three good meals a day? If you do any of these, why don't you take
> that money and give to those that never get to go to any of those
> events and are lucky to get one meal a day in their entire life.

Because *that* is what my fucking taxes are *supposed* to do, rather
than send my country's military overseas to do whatever it is they're
supposed to do over there.

> I could have made a better living than what I did, had I been willing
> to put some more effort into getting a better education, working
> harder and being more ambitious but that was not as important to me as
> enjoying what I was doing.

Oh, so you actually *admit* it!

> Therefore, do I have any right

"right" is probably the wrong word.

> to expect
> others to share what they have made so I can have it as good as they
> do?

No, but you *should* expect them to share their rewards with the gov't
& society that made it possible to enjoy such success in the first
place. Think about it like this..If you and a rich guy bought a
lottery ticket together, and the ticket won..would you say he was
right if he claimed that since you're not already rich, you have no
"right" to claim your share of the prize?

> Think I will just go a sit in my 12 year old car and stew in my
> jealousy for those that have it better than I do and feel sorry for
> myself.

I hope you're being sarcastic. Otherwise, you've just deflated any
argument you've tried to make for your opinion.

-Panama Floyd, Atlanta.
aa#2015, Member Knights of BAAWA!
"..the prayer cloth of one aeon is the doormat of the next."
-Mark Twain

Religious societies are *less* moral than secular ones:
http://moses.creighton.edu/JRS/2005/2005-11.html

Jason

Oct 15, 2010, 5:46:01 AM10/15/10
In article
<10f0f695-16a9-493e...@28g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,
panam...@hotmail.com wrote:

> [...]

> & society that made it possible to enjoy such success in the first
> place. Think about it like this..If you and a rich guy bought a
> lottery ticket together, and the ticket won..would you say he was
> right if he claimed that since you're not already rich, you have no
> "right" to claim your share of the prize?
>
> > Think I will just go a sit in my 12 year old car and stew in my
> > jealousy for those that have it better than I do and feel sorry for
> > myself.
>
> I hope you're being sarcastic. Otherwise, you've just deflated any
> argument you've tried to make for your opinion.
>
> -Panama Floyd, Atlanta.
> aa#2015, Member Knights of BAAWA!
> "..the prayer cloth of one aeon is the doormat of the next."
> -Mark Twain
>
> Religious societies are *less* moral than secular ones:

The question is: How dumb are Glenn Beck followers?

A great follow-up question would be:

How dumb are the people that watch MSNBC on a daily basis?

Newsguy

Oct 15, 2010, 6:02:16 AM10/15/10
In article <qICdnRgDoNrRAyrR...@giganews.com>, John Manning says...

"Believe me I'm the king of saying stupid things."
- Glenn Beck, October 13, 2010 broadcast

source: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,601950,00.html

Randolf Richardson (Lumber Cartel, local 42)

Oct 15, 2010, 6:29:03 AM10/15/10
On Fri, 15 Oct 2010 03:02:16 -0700, Newsguy <Newsguy...@newsguy.com>
wrote:
[sNip]

> "Believe me I'm the king of saying stupid things."
> - Glenn Beck, October 13, 2010 broadcast
>
> source: http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,601950,00.html

Maybe he thinks he's competing with Bush Jr.?

--
The Lumber Cartel, local 42 (Canadian branch)
Beautiful British Columbia, Canada

� R. L. Measures.

Oct 15, 2010, 10:36:12 AM10/15/10
<jrob...@terra.com.br> wrote:

>The poor stupid bastards are so gullible and easily-lead
>that they're giving money to the Big Money Corporate
>Billionaires who've been fucking them over all along.
>

>-- Glenn Beck urged his followers today to start sending donations
>directly to corporate interests so the U.S. Chamber of Commerce can buy
>more elections for far-right candidates.

� guffaw. Rumor has it that Beck was an advisor for Jim Carrey's movie
"Dumb and Dumber".

--
Richard L. Measures. AG6K, 805-386-3734, www.somis.org

tirebiter

Oct 15, 2010, 10:44:04 AM10/15/10
On Oct 15, 5:46 am, Ja...@nospam.com (Jason) wrote:
> In article
> <10f0f695-16a9-493e-ab5c-7265f58d7...@28g2000yqm.googlegroups.com>,

> panamfl...@hotmail.com wrote:
> > On Oct 14, 11:50=A0pm, bear <tevans9...@charter.net> wrote:
>
> > snip
>
> > > How many tax payers give to Paris Hilton? =A0
>
> > None, except when she actually goes to jail.
>
> > > Where does she get her
> > > money? =A0
>
> >http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paris_Hilton
>
> > > How did her family get their money? =A0
>
> > Well, by being the great-granddaughter of one of the men allowed to
> > escape taxes before the Great Depression. And also because tax rates
> > are approaching similar levels today.
>
> >http://politicalcalculations.blogspot.com/2010/07/tax-gouging-poor-an...
> >http://www.articlesbase.com/travel-articles/kidnapping-in-latin-ameri...

Only an idiot like you would think a moronic, knee-jerk retort like
that is a "great follow-up question". You're too stupid to stay on
topic and address this rather important matter, and instead try to
dodge it with this ignorant non sequitur.

Once again, your massive stupidity is on full display for all to see.

---
a.a. #2273

John Manning

Oct 15, 2010, 11:19:40 AM10/15/10

"A good peasant is loyal, simpleminded,
and full of misdirected anger."

After all, the reason the winger crowd can't find a way to be coherently
angry right now is because this country has no healthy avenues for
genuine populist outrage. It never has.

The setup always goes the other way: when the excesses of business
interests and their political proteges in Washington leave the regular
guy broke and screwed, the response is always for the lower and middle
classes to split down the middle and find reasons to get pissed off not
at their greedy bosses but at each other.

That's why even people like [Glenn] Beck's audience, who I'd wager are
mostly lower-income people, can't imagine themselves protesting against
the Wall Street barons who in actuality are the ones who fucked them
over. . . .

Actual rich people can't ever be the target.

It's a classic peasant mentality: going into fits of groveling and
bowing whenever the master's carriage rides by, then fuming against the
Turks in Crimea or the Jews in the Pale or whoever after spending
fifteen hard hours in the fields.

You know you're a peasant when you worship the very people who are right
now, this minute, conning you and taking your shit. Whatever the master
does, you're on board.

When you get frisky, he sticks a big cross [or a Wal-Mart] in the middle
of your village, and you spend the rest of your life praying to it with
big googly eyes.

Or he puts out newspapers full of innuendo about this or that faraway
group and you immediately salute and rush off to join the hate squad.

A good peasant is loyal, simpleminded, and full of misdirected anger.

And that's what we've got now, a lot of misdirected anger searching
around for a non-target to mis-punish . . . can't be mad at AIG, can't
be mad at Citi or Goldman Sachs.

The real villains have to be the anti-AIG protesters! After all, those
people earned those bonuses!

If ever there was a textbook case of peasant thinking, it's struggling
middle-class Americans burned up in defense of taxpayer-funded bonuses
to millionaires. It's really weird stuff.

Matt Taibbi: http://www.smirkingchimp.com/thread/21289

John Manning

Oct 15, 2010, 11:40:55 AM10/15/10

"A good peasant is loyal, simpleminded,

panam...@hotmail.com

Oct 15, 2010, 1:44:18 PM10/15/10
On Oct 15, 5:46 am, Ja...@nospam.com (Jason) wrote:

snippy on down..

> The question is: How dumb are Glenn Beck followers?

Apparently, dumb enough to post a three line non-sequitur without
snipping the post they failed to address..

-PF, Atl.
aa#2015/KoBAAWA!

slika

Oct 15, 2010, 2:28:10 PM10/15/10

"John Manning" <jrob...@terra.com.br> wrote in message news:qICdnRgDoNrRAyrR...@giganews.com...

As dumb as Rachel Maddow followers.

There. Problem solved. Coffee anyone?

Kenneth McVay OBC

Oct 15, 2010, 3:55:23 PM10/15/10
In article <Xns9E11DC5C56BAE...@216.196.121.131>,

Perhaps one should be thinking about the folks on the
Hilton payroll... you know, the folks who are paid to
keep more than 520 hotels and resorts worldwide
running? Or maybe the beneficiaries of all those Hilton
philanthropic programs... you know, the poor folk
Hilton assists in various ways?

Aren't those folks more important than one spoiled rich
brat?

--
Who is your choice for the Dumbest celebrity? George W. Bush
holds a commanding lead at 28.6%, Kurt Knoll is second at

Mitchell Holman

Oct 15, 2010, 5:17:07 PM10/15/10
kmc...@shell.vex.net (Kenneth McVay OBC) wrote in

As I recall the Hilton empire boomed in the 1950s
when the top tax rate was 90%. Now it is down to a mere
36% but is somehow "confiscatory" and "crippling wealth
creation"

Hmm............

Joe Bruno

Oct 15, 2010, 5:25:26 PM10/15/10

Really? The man who created modern Conservatism in the USA was William
F Buckley. He was a Yale educated intellectual and the most
intelligent man in American politics if not in the whole country.

Joe Bruno

Oct 15, 2010, 5:31:49 PM10/15/10
On Oct 15, 12:55 pm, kmc...@shell.vex.net (Kenneth McVay OBC) wrote:
> In article <Xns9E11DC5C56BAEnomailcomcast...@216.196.121.131>,
> Mitchell Holman  <nom...@comcast.net> wrote:
>

> >bear <tevans9...@charter.net> wrote in
>    VOTE OFTEN:http://squidoo.com/think-you-are-stupid-eh- Hide quoted text -

You forgot to mention the Ford Foundation. They give jobs to thousands
of autoworkers and grants to artists, scientists,and schools.

bear

Oct 15, 2010, 5:43:37 PM10/15/10

Very good points Kenneth.

>Aren't those folks more important than one spoiled rich
>brat?

Of course, but the dialogue about the brat works better for some
people's agenda.

Bear

SkyEyes

Oct 15, 2010, 5:46:50 PM10/15/10
On Oct 14, 6:34 pm, bear <tevans9...@charter.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 21:20:25 -0300, John Manning
>

> <jrobe...@terra.com.br> wrote:
>
> >The poor stupid bastards are so gullible and easily-lead
> >that they're giving money to the Big Money Corporate
> >Billionaires who've been fucking them over all along.
>
> >-- Glenn Beck urged his followers today to start sending donations
> >directly to corporate interests so the U.S. Chamber of Commerce can buy
> >more elections for far-right candidates.
>
> >The Chamber is a trade association representing some of the largest
> >corporations you can think of.
>
> >Its board of directors counts among its members executives from Pfizer,
> >Lockheed Martin, AT&T, US Airways, JPMorgan Chase & Co., IBM, and
> >Verizon. It is The Establishment incarnate.
>
> >The minions took their orders well -- the Chamber's online donation page
> >crashed today after regular folks tried to give their money to the
> >already-extremely-wealthy business lobby.
>
> >http://mediamatters.org/blog/201010140032
>
> Great post John, I am with you.  I think we should take all the money
> the wealthy have worked for,

Or inherited without working a lick.

> at least the majority of them,

Cite, please?

taken
> risks that may cost them everything they have, some have lost their
> families because they were putting in 60 to 80 hours a week making all
> of that money and getting rich,

If money is the primary focus of your life, don't bitch when your
family leaves. I thought you conservative types considered the family
to be the Most Important Thing In The World?

> and then, let us give it to the poor
> that are too lazy,

Care to prove that *all* (or even most) poor people are lazy? I'm
poor, and I've worked like a fucking dog since I was 13 years old.

> have no ambition, do not try to make a better life
> for themselves, think they are too smart to work for a living like all
> those wealthy people, who they think have too much and  should give
> their money to them.

Man, you really drank the Kool-Aid, didn't you?

> Then, when the wealthy finally get fed up and say, to hell with it,
> why should I work and take risks to make money that I am forced to
> give to those who refuse to work, I might as well join them.

Why do you think that poor people are poor because they refuse to
work? All the poor people I know have a job, and some of them have as
many as *three*.

>  Who then
> is going to support them?  Who provide the majority of jobs for those
> of us who are willing to work; surely, it is not all the big, rich,
> business folks.

Ah, yes, those poor, benighted hedge fund managers and stockbrokers
who get those enormous fucking bonuses are just *so* put-upon. Not to
mention the CEOs of the Big Insurance corporations who make similar
obscenely large bonuses by cutting the health care policies of people
who have paid all their premiums but who get an actual *illness*.

The poor darlings, whatever shall we do for them?

>  Therefore, it makes all the sense in the world to tax
> them and take their wealth away to the point where they say to hell
> with you, we will just close down our business or, move it to a
> country where we are not forced to give it away.  That way, those of
> us that are willing to work will be forced to join the ones who refuse
> to work because there will be no jobs.

You see, *this* is the type of propaganda they feed you to turn you
into a person who votes against his own economic interests.

> Am I one of the rich ones that I seem to be defending, well, I have
> worked from 18 to 66 and last year, I did not make enough to owe any
> taxes.  What does that tell you about how wealthy I am?  Although we
> could qualify for government handouts, we take none because we do not
> believe others should be responsible for our living.

Bully for you. I've been working since I was 13, and I have gone from
being middle class to being working class because of the terrible
economic policies of the GOP.

I'm sorry you've been so brainwashed that you vote against your own
economic interests. Not all of us have that mental defect, however.

> We have some friends who started up a business about seven years ago
> and went from being run by family to where they were employing over 70
> people. Although I would not call them extremely wealthy, they were
> making more money in a month than I ever did in a year.  Guess what,
> the economy tanked, they spent all the money that they had in reserve
> trying to keep their employees with jobs.

Good for them. Want to talk about the hedge fund managers and bankers
who (because of deregulation) got us into this economic mess, but
still get multi-million dollar bonuses - even after having made
insanely risky investments that tanked?

Nobody wants to tax your business-starting friends, you ignorant
asshole. We want the ueber-wealthy - the top 2% of the population
that owns 50% of the nation's wealth - to pay their fair fucking
share.

>  It did not work; they lost
> the business, their home and were forced to declare bankruptcy. Now
> his wife is working, while also raising their five children and he is
> working three jobs just to pay bills and their business debts.  I
> suppose you think it only fair that they should share their income
> with all of those who, though could work, refuse to do so.

Please cite the reference that proves that poor people are poor
because they refuse to work. My experience seems to support exactly
the opposite conclusion.

> Look at the countries with systems that supposedly would provide a
> better standard of living for everyone, and then ask yourself how you
> would like to live there.  I have been in some of those countries,
> there are a few very wealthy, privileged elite and the rest of the
> population is very poor.

What, like Sweden, where they have a *great* social net, and still 55%
of the population owns vacation homes?

Swedes, in the main, are actually wealthier than most Americans.
Although they pay high taxes, the money that remains won't be wiped
out by catastrophic medical costs, and they can actually afford to
*spend* their money.

I lived in Europe for nearly 7 years, and what I learned was that a
little bit of socialism can be a very good thing.

> If our systems is so bad, why is it that so many people throughout the
> world would jump through hoops if they could come here?

From third-world countries, sand-choked hell-holes, yes. From
northern Europe, not so much. They have it pretty good over there.
Or they *did*, until the US economy took the world's economy down.

>  Is it
> perfect, not hardly, do I wish some things were different, of course,
> would I like to go to another country where I would have a better
> standard of living, of course, where is it?

Sweden. Denmark. Norway. Germany.

> I hope you are one of the wealthy ones John.
>
> Bear

I hope you get over your right-wing brainwashing, Bear.

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
BAAWA Knight
EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
skyeyes nine at cox dot net

SkyEyes

Oct 15, 2010, 5:51:05 PM10/15/10

You don't. There are places on the planet where you can go and not be
required to pay any taxes at all. Of course, they're all third-world
hell-holes....

skye...@yahoo.com

Oct 15, 2010, 5:57:50 PM10/15/10

Yes, and before he died, he disowned the current crop of
"conservatives" and the newest incarnation of the Republican party. I
get along fine with Buckley-style conservatives. Unfortunately, they
don't exist anymore.

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
BAAWA Knight
EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding

skyeyes nine at cox dot net OR
skyeyes nine at yahoo dot com

sully

Oct 15, 2010, 6:19:09 PM10/15/10

They do, they're the democrats in office now, that's how noisily
stupid our
country has become.

Obama is slightly to the right of Nixon.

archie dux

Oct 15, 2010, 6:23:28 PM10/15/10
On Oct 15, 2:57 pm, "skyey...@yahoo.com" <skyey...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Surely a few must...staring disconsolately at
the smoking ruin of what was once an
entirely respectable and influential
heritage.

archie

bd4u.utah

Oct 15, 2010, 6:38:59 PM10/15/10

Some might argue, especially Christians that
living in a "Hell Hole" is the same thing as paying
for it! Tough love on the Homeless both locally and
abroad.

Gays and Atheists contribute more to the "welfare"
of the Homeless than so called Christians on
average. Don't believe me? Take a poll on it!

Mind you I said their "welfare", not sticking them in
a rats nest, profiting from it by funds from the
government, and trying to forget about them.

At the rate things are going, we may all be
that way soon!

> Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
> BAAWA Knight
> EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding

> skyeyes nine at cox dot net- Hide quoted text -

Thanks for your support! :-)

Bruce Daniel

skye...@yahoo.com

Oct 15, 2010, 6:45:27 PM10/15/10

If they *do*, they're damn thin on the ground. I rather think sully
is right: they've become Democrats at this point.

If I'm vewy, *vewy* quiet at night, I can hear my parents' ashes
whirling in their respective urns because of what their political
party has become.

Brenda

sully

Oct 15, 2010, 7:06:35 PM10/15/10

the political shift is dramatic. What is called 'liberal" and left
wing
is actually right of center. There is no loony tune lefty out there
proposing
a communist solution like the whack right is with their libertarian
solutions
(let them eat cake).

It's Idiocracy now.

Mitchell Holman

Oct 15, 2010, 10:18:12 PM10/15/10
bear <tevan...@charter.net> wrote in

The brat is a perfect example of the silly "tax cuts
for the already wealthy" pablum. Conservatives cut taxes for
the already wealthy, they cut taxes for the middle class,
borrow the difference and THEN react with shock at the hike
in deficits.

Amazing................

Boehner punts on paying for tax cuts
Aug 10, 2010

House Minority Leader John Boehner refused to say Sunday
whether he believed extending tax cuts to the wealthy would
add to the nation's deficit.

On NBC's "Meet the Press," the Republican congressman from
Ohio was asked repeatedly to reconcile his concern over the
deficit with his calls for extending tax cuts to individuals
making more than $250,000. But he continued to say that tax
cuts should be extended so people have more money to spend -
and that the government should cut its own budget first.

Asked by host David Gregory how he could support cutting the
deficit and slashing taxes, Boehner said: "You can't raise
taxes in the middle of a weak economy without risking a double
dip in this recession."

Gregory asked if Boehner believed that the costs of the tax
cuts should be offset, prompting the GOP leader to say: "I�m
not for raising taxes on the American people in a soft economy."

Pushed again on the matter, Boehner said: "What you are trying
to do is get in this Washington game and this funny accounting
over there."
http://tinyurl.com/22mumx3

bd4u.utah

Oct 16, 2010, 2:40:27 AM10/16/10
Glenn Beck is displaying his Fundy beliefs tonight.
It's pretty funny his preposterous conclusions.

He is claiming Americans are worshiping the Weather
God Baal by concerning about climate change.

He also cited an example during the beginning of
the Industrial Age as an example that our environment
is so much cleaner. Failing to mention how clean the
Americas were before the coming of the Europeans
who had already polluted Europe. He did however
manage to demonize American Indian beliefs by calling
them "Pagan".

He's trying to use some cross culture education program
to scare people into believing that
"they are coming for your children", all the while claiming
they are trying to "scare" your children into believing it.
Twisted, very twisted.

He is also discrediting and demonizing Budhism, Hinduism,
and Atheism, claiming some conspiracy they have to destroy
your faith.

Apparently fundamentalism has become popular and
newsworthy.

Not all of his views insult peoples intelligence, but I sure as
hell wouldn't want him as President. ;-)

bd4u

Doc Smartass

Oct 16, 2010, 2:23:42 PM10/16/10
Mitchell Holman <nom...@comcast.net> wrote in

> Pity the poor rich. Indeed, how can anyone
> working for a weekly paycheck not feel the plight
> of Paris Hilton the taxes she has to pay?
>
> Next time a volunteer from from the Tea Party
> comes to your door think of the suffering of Paris
> and give generously.

Purse dog's gotta eat.

--
Doc Smartass, BAAWA Knight of Heckling aa # 1939

Kooks! http://kookclearinghouse.blogspot.com/

Books! http://jw-bookblog.blogspot.com/

"Just when you think you've seen stupid, along comes religion." - J.L.

Doc Smartass

Oct 16, 2010, 2:27:38 PM10/16/10

> Think I will just go a sit in my 12 year old car and stew in my
> jealousy for those that have it better than I do and feel sorry for
> myself.

Pity me, then: my car's 30, so she's got seniority.

Doc Smartass

Oct 16, 2010, 2:29:47 PM10/16/10
panam...@hotmail.com wrote in news:f1e5d52d-dd5b-4d77-9554-159e5e89c7b3@
30g2000yqm.googlegroups.com:

> On Oct 15, 5:46�am, Ja...@nospam.com (Jason) wrote:
>
> snippy on down..
>
>> The question is: How dumb are Glenn Beck followers?
>
> Apparently, dumb enough to post a three line non-sequitur without
> snipping the post they failed to address..

Haaaa-ha, Jason got in trouble! Jason got in trouble!

(no, I got nothin' to add to the debate just now...haven't had my post-nap
caffeine yet)

Joe Bruno

Oct 16, 2010, 3:57:59 PM10/16/10
On Oct 15, 2:57 pm, "skyey...@yahoo.com" <skyey...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> skyeyes nine at yahoo dot com- Hide quoted text -

Bill Buckley is my political mentor. I corresponded with him 15 years
ago.

bd4u.utah

Oct 16, 2010, 10:58:30 PM10/16/10
> ago.- Hide quoted text -

Do you mean William F Buckley the Defense Lawyer?
Yeah I guess he is alright, so is Glenn Beck as long
as you don't accept what he says as Gospel. ;-)

Too many cults and cultists already, we certainly don't
need any more!

bd4u

bear

Oct 17, 2010, 10:19:07 AM10/17/10
<jrob...@terra.com.br> wrote:

>The poor stupid bastards are so gullible and easily-lead
>that they're giving money to the Big Money Corporate
>Billionaires who've been fucking them over all along.

Good morning John, is there a chance that you would answer a couple of
questions for me. Those answers perhaps will help me to respond to
your post.

(1) What is your definition of "stupid" and what are the
prerequisites for a person deserving of that characterization?

(2) What is your definition of "idiocy"?

(3) What is your opinion of how and when should the label "idiot" be
applied to an individual?

Please note that I am requesting your definitions, I already know what
Webster says.

Thanks.

Bear

John Manning

Oct 17, 2010, 2:41:27 PM10/17/10
bear wrote:
> On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 21:20:25 -0300, John Manning
> <jrob...@terra.com.br> wrote:
>

>> The poor stupid bastards are so gullible and easily-lead
>> that they're giving money to the Big Money Corporate
>> Billionaires who've been fucking them over all along.
>>

> Good morning John, is there a chance that you would answer a couple of
> questions for me. Those answers perhaps will help me to respond to
> your post.
>
> (1) What is your definition of "stupid" and what are the
> prerequisites for a person deserving of that characterization?
>
> (2) What is your definition of "idiocy"?
>
> (3) What is your opinion of how and when should the label "idiot" be
> applied to an individual?
>
> Please note that I am requesting your definitions, I already know what
> Webster says.

A look in the mirror will answer your questions quite nicely.

> Thanks.

You're welcome.

bear

Oct 17, 2010, 4:53:08 PM10/17/10
On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 16:41:27 -0200, John Manning
<jrob...@terra.com.br> wrote:

>bear wrote:
>> On Thu, 14 Oct 2010 21:20:25 -0300, John Manning
>> <jrob...@terra.com.br> wrote:
>>

>>> The poor stupid bastards are so gullible and easily-lead
>>> that they're giving money to the Big Money Corporate
>>> Billionaires who've been fucking them over all along.
>>>

>> Good morning John, is there a chance that you would answer a couple of
>> questions for me. Those answers perhaps will help me to respond to
>> your post.
>>
>> (1) What is your definition of "stupid" and what are the
>> prerequisites for a person deserving of that characterization?
>>
>> (2) What is your definition of "idiocy"?
>>
>> (3) What is your opinion of how and when should the label "idiot" be
>> applied to an individual?
>>
>> Please note that I am requesting your definitions, I already know what
>> Webster says.
>>

>A look in the mirror will answer your questions quite nicely.

OK, in other words, you are another one that does not have the courage
to answer simple questions, fearing yours answers will demonstrate
your level of intellect. I can probably come pretty close to
answering the questions for your, shall I try?

(1) What is your definition of "stupid" and what are the
prerequisites for a person deserving of that characterization?

John's answer:

Any one and everyone that disagrees with my ideology. Any one who has
the audacity to question what I say.

(2) What is your definition of "idiocy"?

John's answer:

Any person that does not believe what I tell them is fact.

(3) What is your opinion of how and when should the label "idiot" be
applied to an individual?

John's answer:

When someone asks me questions that I have no plausible, verifiable
answer for, as I have so capably demonstrated with my response to your
questions.

Please note that I am requesting your definitions, I already know what
Webster says.

I do not understand why people like John feel compelled to act so
juvenile when folks happen to disagree with them. Why can they not
say something like, "I do not agree with your position and here are
the reasons that I do not". Why not have a dialogue on issues of
disagreements on the merits of the substance of your argument, rather
than calling people stupid, ignorant, idiots, uneducated etc? To me,
that only demonstrates that the person believes that his argument is
too week to stand up to a fair challenge. And I think John has proven
my point admirably by refusing to answer the simple questions that I
asked.

Just one example of why John would not want to engage in a legitimate
discussion.

It is my opinion that most CEO's and executive management people in
the larger corporations are over paid, relative to their employees.
Should they be well compensated for their skills and successes, I
think so. Is 200 to 400 times the average salary of their employees a
reasonable level of compensation, not in my mind? Should I call them
idiots and stupid because they accept such compensation, oh, I don't
know, what would that prove? OTOH, we still have the freedom to
choose where we spend our money, except when it comes to the
government, therefore, I do not have to frequent the businesses that I
disagree with their policy. And, if it is such a rip off of us
average "smart" people, I can always start my own business and compete
with them. Oh, and I promise I will only accept minimum wage, the
rest I will voluntarily send to the government so those people that
can work but refuse to, can enjoy a good standard of living.

>> Thanks.
>>

>You're welcome.

Very cute John, I like it, tells me a lot about your character.

Bear

John Manning

Oct 17, 2010, 4:57:59 PM10/17/10

Ask a stupid question...

Jason

Oct 17, 2010, 6:59:26 PM10/17/10
In article <s-adnbZHdrHE3ibR...@giganews.com>, John Manning
<jrob...@terra.com.br> wrote:

How dumb are Glenn Beck followers?

Glenn Beck followers are far more intelligent than those people that watch
MSNBC on a regular basis.

John Manning

Oct 17, 2010, 6:13:14 PM10/17/10

You've just made my point about how dumb Glenn Beck's followers are.

Glenn Beck is a crackpot ideologue and an outright fraud, Jason. Anyone
who buys this phony bastard's screwball nonsense is really dumber than a
box of rocks.

Watch as Beck rehearses his fake crying and tears using Vicks Vapo-Rub
under his eyes for the camera.

Glenn Beck & His Fake Tears Exposed:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNM3aCDLEh0

tirebiter

Oct 17, 2010, 6:13:58 PM10/17/10
On Oct 17, 6:59 pm, Ja...@nospam.com (Jason) wrote:
> In article <s-adnbZHdrHE3ibRnZ2dnUVZ_jadn...@giganews.com>, John Manning

Still tossing around this knee-jerk reaction as a dodge, liar? The
funny thing about Beck is he has admitted that he is just a con artist
and is only in it for the money, and yet the sheeple who watch him
still believes every word, even though he himself believes none of
it. Now he's raised the ante by claiming to be a prophet of some
nonexistent god (is it the historical jesus or the mormon jesus?), and
all his brand of dittoheads are lapping it up. Just like you do.
Because you're dumb enough to do so.

---
a.a. #2273

Jason

Oct 17, 2010, 8:40:01 PM10/17/10
In article
<56ae0820-cf8c-439d...@v20g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
tirebiter <dontsp...@bigfoot.com> wrote:

> On Oct 17, 6:59=A0pm, Ja...@nospam.com (Jason) wrote:
> > In article <s-adnbZHdrHE3ibRnZ2dnUVZ_jadn...@giganews.com>, John Manning
> >

> > <jrobe...@terra.com.br> wrote:

> t" be

> > > A look in the mirror will answer your questions quite nicely.

> > > You're welcome.

> buy

> er,

> page

> > How dumb are Glenn Beck followers?
> >

> > Glenn Beck followers are far more intelligent than those people that watc=

> > MSNBC on a regular basis.
>
> Still tossing around this knee-jerk reaction as a dodge, liar? The
> funny thing about Beck is he has admitted that he is just a con artist
> and is only in it for the money, and yet the sheeple who watch him
> still believes every word, even though he himself believes none of
> it. Now he's raised the ante by claiming to be a prophet of some
> nonexistent god (is it the historical jesus or the mormon jesus?), and
> all his brand of dittoheads are lapping it up. Just like you do.
> Because you're dumb enough to do so.
>
> ---
> a.a. #2273

I seem to recall reading that Glenn Beck is a Mormon. Is that true?

bd4u.utah

Oct 17, 2010, 9:11:37 PM10/17/10
On Oct 17, 6:40 pm, Ja...@nospam.com (Jason) wrote:
> In article
> <56ae0820-cf8c-439d-95ff-5872a3c15...@v20g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
> I seem to recall reading that Glenn Beck is a Mormon. Is that true?- Hide quoted text -

That's what Glenn Beck claims he is. Yet I
live in Salt Lake City Utah and have yet to
meet any Mormons that share his radical
views. Some of his views are OK, but others
are too radical for Mormons to consider.
Mormons are not radicals to begin with
they are conservatives. It's true that Mormons
are Idealists, but they are anything but radical.

bd4u

Gated Community

Oct 18, 2010, 3:55:08 AM10/18/10
John Manning <jrob...@terra.com.br> wrote:

>After all, the reason the winger crowd can't find a way to be coherently
>angry right now is because this country has no healthy avenues for
>genuine populist outrage. It never has.

I don't agree with that, the citizens of the United States have had
a number of opportunities to murder rich white people in large numbers
at various times in the nation's history, doin so with justification
if not legal blessing.

---
Does belief in astrology cause stupidity? http://www.skeptictank.org/edm.htm

Gated Community

Oct 18, 2010, 3:55:59 AM10/18/10
"slika" <sl...@hotmail.com> wrote:

>"John Manning" <jrob...@terra.com.br> wrote in message news:qICdnRgDoNrRAyrR...@giganews.com...
>As dumb as Rachel Maddow followers.

When you can find anything that Maddow says that's in error, you'll
let us know, won't you? Thank you so much in advance for your
prompt assistance.

Gated Community

Oct 18, 2010, 3:58:06 AM10/18/10
Joe Bruno <joeb...@indystart.com> wrote:

>Really? The man who created modern Conservatism in the USA was William
>F Buckley. He was a Yale educated intellectual and the most
>intelligent man in American politics if not in the whole country.

No he wasn't. Buckley was (and is) a man with an IQ right around 80
according to evaluations of his rhetoric and profound stupidity, and
he also performed screaming rants about "sodomites" like a typical
insane teabagging Christian rightard.

What makes you think he was smart? That he managed to rook and swindle
money from rubes, idiots, marks, and suckers?

bear

Oct 18, 2010, 9:18:33 AM10/18/10
On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 18:57:59 -0200, John Manning
<jrob...@terra.com.br> wrote:

OK, now we know why John calls so many "stupid", they disagree with
him. Is there any wonder why we disagree with him?

>> (2) What is your definition of "idiocy"?
>>
>> John's answer:
>>
>> Any person that does not believe what I tell them is fact.

Well why should we, you cannot answer simple questions and I have not
seen where you have offered any proof of your views more than your
word.

>> (3) What is your opinion of how and when should the label "idiot" be
>> applied to an individual?
>>
>> John's answer:
>>
>> When someone asks me questions that I have no plausible, verifiable
>> answer for, as I have so capably demonstrated with my response to your
>> questions.

Now we know, what we do not know is, where does all of this authority
come from? Oops, I think I just asked him one of those questions so
according to his definition, that makes me an idiot, oh well, so be
it.

>> Please note that I am requesting your definitions, I already know what
>> Webster says.
>>
>> I do not understand why people like John feel compelled to act so
>> juvenile when folks happen to disagree with them. Why can they not
>> say something like, "I do not agree with your position and here are
>> the reasons that I do not". Why not have a dialogue on issues of
>> disagreements on the merits of the substance of your argument, rather
>> than calling people stupid, ignorant, idiots, uneducated etc? To me,
>> that only demonstrates that the person believes that his argument is
>> too week to stand up to a fair challenge. And I think John has proven
>> my point admirably by refusing to answer the simple questions that I
>> asked.

No rebuttal, no response, yet one more example that John cannot answer
even the simplest question.

>> Just one example of why John would not want to engage in a legitimate
>> discussion.
>>
>> It is my opinion that most CEO's and executive management people in
>> the larger corporations are over paid, relative to their employees.
>> Should they be well compensated for their skills and successes, I
>> think so. Is 200 to 400 times the average salary of their employees a
>> reasonable level of compensation, not in my mind? Should I call them
>> idiots and stupid because they accept such compensation, oh, I don't
>> know, what would that prove? OTOH, we still have the freedom to
>> choose where we spend our money, except when it comes to the
>> government, therefore, I do not have to frequent the businesses that I
>> disagree with their policy. And, if it is such a rip off of us
>> average "smart" people, I can always start my own business and compete
>> with them. Oh, and I promise I will only accept minimum wage, the
>> rest I will voluntarily send to the government so those people that
>> can work but refuse to, can enjoy a good standard of living.

>>> You're welcome.
>>>
>> Very cute John, I like it, tells me a lot about your character.
>>
>> Bear
>>

>Ask a stupid question...

I am not in the least surprised that this is the best "answer" that
comes to mind for John. As has been proven, *all* questions that he
has no plausible answer for are stupid. He would not have much to say
if the words, "stupid, idiots, dumb etc was removed from his
vocabulary, would you John?

Bear

bear

Oct 18, 2010, 9:23:16 AM10/18/10

Can someone provide some quotes of John expressing his indignation
about the tears of Hillary Clinton? Or, does he only express his
disgust if it is someone that he disagrees with?

Bear

tirebiter

Oct 18, 2010, 10:08:50 AM10/18/10
On Oct 17, 8:40 pm, Ja...@nospam.com (Jason) wrote:
> In article
> <56ae0820-cf8c-439d-95ff-5872a3c15...@v20g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,

But you don't recall that he admits to being a charlatan who is only
in it for the money? And every time he hooks an idiot like you, he
laughs all the way to the bank?

---
a.a. #2273

John Manning

Oct 18, 2010, 11:02:32 AM10/18/10

Good Lord! Another hopelessly indoctrinated right wing halfwit, waaaaay
too far gone and damaged to carry on any meaningful two way
conversation. 'plonk'

[snip to end]

Logan Sacket

Oct 18, 2010, 6:46:01 PM10/18/10
On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 13:02:32 -0200, John Manning
<jrob...@terra.com.br> wrote:

Yet, another one, who when questioning your positions, and you can't
answer without contradicting yourself, gets plonked.
That's what makes a proud Liberal.

bear

Oct 18, 2010, 6:59:58 PM10/18/10

Very well put Logan, and accurate also.

Bear

Tim McGaughy

Oct 18, 2010, 7:29:01 PM10/18/10
bear wrote:
> On Sun, 17 Oct 2010 16:41:27 -0200, John Manning
> <jrob...@terra.com.br> wrote:
>
>> bear wrote:

>>> Good morning John, is there a chance that you would answer a couple of
>>> questions for me. Those answers perhaps will help me to respond to
>>> your post.
>>>
>>> (1) What is your definition of "stupid" and what are the
>>> prerequisites for a person deserving of that characterization?
>>>
>>> (2) What is your definition of "idiocy"?
>>>
>>> (3) What is your opinion of how and when should the label "idiot" be
>>> applied to an individual?
>>>
>>> Please note that I am requesting your definitions, I already know what
>>> Webster says.
>>>

>> A look in the mirror will answer your questions quite nicely.
>>

> OK, in other words, you are another one that does not have the courage
> to answer simple questions, fearing yours answers will demonstrate
> your level of intellect. I can probably come pretty close to
> answering the questions for your, shall I try?

Do you really think your strawman will accomplish anything besides being
an embarrassment to you?

If you know the webster's definition of those words, that's all you
need. Present your counter argument, if you have one.

skye...@yahoo.com

Oct 18, 2010, 7:47:49 PM10/18/10

Pity his intellect didn't rub off on you.

skye...@yahoo.com

Oct 18, 2010, 7:49:17 PM10/18/10
On Oct 17, 5:40 pm, Ja...@nospam.com (Jason) wrote:
> In article
> <56ae0820-cf8c-439d-95ff-5872a3c15...@v20g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,

Yes. He was raised Roman Catholic but converted to Mormonism several
years ago.

haiku jones

Oct 18, 2010, 8:13:00 PM10/18/10

Nor his geniality.

haiku

NefeshBarYochai

Oct 18, 2010, 8:08:05 PM10/18/10
On Oct 18, 5:35 pm, Tim McGaughy <tee...@toast.net> wrote:
> It is true. Glenn Beck is indeed a moron.- Hide quoted text -

Tim you are dim!

Joe Bruno

Oct 18, 2010, 10:34:52 PM10/18/10
On Oct 17, 3:13 pm, John Manning <jrobe...@terra.com.br> wrote:
> Jason wrote:
> > In article <s-adnbZHdrHE3ibRnZ2dnUVZ_jadn...@giganews.com>, John Manning
> Glenn Beck & His Fake Tears Exposed:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zNM3aCDLEh0- Hide quoted text -

I don't believe everything he says, just as I don't believe everything
Rush Limbaugh says. You have to be skeptical when you listen to any
commentator. I just consider them entertainment.

Joe Bruno

Oct 18, 2010, 10:29:28 PM10/18/10

No. I mean the author and columnist.

Tim McGaughy

Oct 18, 2010, 7:35:28 PM10/18/10

It is true. Glenn Beck is indeed a moron.

Joe Bruno

Oct 18, 2010, 10:32:02 PM10/18/10
On Oct 17, 3:59 pm, Ja...@nospam.com (Jason) wrote:
> In article <s-adnbZHdrHE3ibRnZ2dnUVZ_jadn...@giganews.com>, John Manning
>

> MSNBC on a regular basis.- Hide quoted text -

The really dumb ones are the ones who believe everything they see in
the news and read in the newspaper. Watching ain't stupid.
Believing indiscriminately is stupid.

Dakota

Oct 19, 2010, 3:00:37 AM10/19/10
On Mon 10/18/10 21:29, Joe Bruno wrote:
> On Oct 16, 7:58 pm, "bd4u.utah"<bd4u.u...@gmail.com> wrote:

>>> Bill Buckley is my political mentor. I corresponded with him 15 years
>>> ago.- Hide quoted text -

>> Do you mean William F Buckley the Defense Lawyer?
>

> No. I mean the author and columnist.

He probably means defense lawyer F. Lee Bailey.

Kenneth McVay OBC

Oct 19, 2010, 11:16:33 AM10/19/10

[...]

>Still tossing around this knee-jerk reaction as a dodge, liar? The
>funny thing about Beck is he has admitted that he is just a con artist
>and is only in it for the money, and yet the sheeple who watch him
>still believes every word, even though he himself believes none of
>it.

What, exactly, has Beck said that he himself admits he
does not believe?

Please be specific.

Thank you.

--
"The Nizkor website (secretly financed by the ADL and other Jewish front
organizations) is behind it." (David Irving, whining about Google's

bd4u.utah

Oct 19, 2010, 10:22:06 AM10/19/10

Maybe he means Barnum and Bailey, politics is a
Circus anyway!

bd4u

bear

Oct 19, 2010, 1:29:29 PM10/19/10
On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 13:02:32 -0200, John Manning
<jrob...@terra.com.br> wrote:

How profound, John makes one dogmatic assertion after another, yet I
have never seen even one that he has proven. Can anyone show where
has backed up his ludicrous assertions?

Bear

bear

Oct 19, 2010, 1:24:50 PM10/19/10
On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 10:16:33 -0500, kmc...@shell.vex.net (Kenneth
McVay OBC) wrote:

>In article <56ae0820-cf8c-439d...@v20g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,
>tirebiter <dontsp...@bigfoot.com> wrote:
>
>[...]
>
>>Still tossing around this knee-jerk reaction as a dodge, liar? The
>>funny thing about Beck is he has admitted that he is just a con artist
>>and is only in it for the money, and yet the sheeple who watch him
>>still believes every word, even though he himself believes none of
>>it.
>
>What, exactly, has Beck said that he himself admits he
>does not believe?
>
>Please be specific.

You have to be kidding, you really do not expect any plausible answer
for your question do you?

Bear

>Thank you.

Logan Sacket

Oct 19, 2010, 8:19:15 PM10/19/10
On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 12:29:29 -0500, bear <tevan...@charter.net>
wrote:

Of course not, it's another Alinski tactic.

bear

Oct 20, 2010, 1:03:35 PM10/20/10
On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 18:29:01 -0500, Tim McGaughy <tee...@toast.net>
wrote:

Could you first explain what my "strawman" is and how so, then, if I
am embarrassed, it will not be the first time, nor the last I am sure.

>If you know the webster's definition of those words, that's all you
>need. Present your counter argument, if you have one.

Well, yes, I do know Webster's definition, the reason that I asked
John for his understanding is because I have had discussions with
those that completely disregard Webster's. Therefore, I would like to
know exactly how John interprets the words and what traits one must
posses to deserve those labels.

As an example; when John calls me stupid, I assume that he is applying
this definition:

"1 a : slow of mind : b : given to unintelligent decisions or acts :
c : lacking intelligence or reason :

It is possible however, that he is using this definition:

"4 a : lacking interest or point *a stupid event* b : VEXATIOUS,
EXASPERATING"

Now, would you agree that which definition is being used, and, in the
context that it is being used, could make a huge difference in the
intent of the person calling someone "stupid"?

If, you agree with the meanings of the words as defined in Webster's,
then you obviously disagree with John about his use of the words, is
that correct?

Bear

bear

Oct 20, 2010, 1:10:05 PM10/20/10
On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 18:35:28 -0500, Tim McGaughy <tee...@toast.net>
wrote:

>Jason wrote:

Do you have proof of that, and if you do, would you care to provide
some supporting evidence?

If not, then you are doing nothing but making an accusation and
judgment about a person that is nothing but your opinion and has no
more value than any others' opinion.

Do you think that you are deserving to be labeled a "moron" because
you have different values, priorities and opinions than they do?

Bear

Jason

Oct 20, 2010, 2:15:12 PM10/20/10
In article <ll6ub6dkl89ci7et0...@4ax.com>, bear
<tevan...@charter.net> wrote:

How dumb are Glenn Beck followers? They are much more intelligent than
those people that watch MSNBC on a regular basis.

bear

Oct 20, 2010, 1:31:58 PM10/20/10

Why is it necessary for either one to be "stupid", why does one have a
right to their opinion but others do not, why can't either side just
say this is what I believe, these are my values and priorities and if
you disagree with them, great, give me some verifiable proof why I am
wrong and perhaps your argument will change my mind, or in the least,
cause me to reassess my position.

How much influence does someone have on you when the best they can do
is to tell you how stupid you are, how dumb you are, what a moron and
idiot that you are? Absolutely none in my case, I believe if they had
a convincing argument, they would put it forth and let it stand or
fall on its merits. If all they have is ridiculing and denigrating
others, that tells me they have no argument.

Bear

sully

Oct 20, 2010, 1:49:37 PM10/20/10
On Oct 20, 10:31 am, bear <tevans9...@charter.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 11:15:12 -0700, Ja...@nospam.com (Jason) wrote:
> >In article <ll6ub6dkl89ci7et0oc5b58arue9r4h...@4ax.com>, bear
> ><tevans9...@charter.net> wrote:

> >How dumb are Glenn Beck followers? They are much more intelligent than
> >those people that watch MSNBC on a regular basis.
>
> Why is it necessary for either one to be "stupid", why does one have a
> right to their opinion but others do not, why can't either side just
> say this is what I believe, these are my values and priorities and if
> you disagree with them, great, give me some verifiable proof why I am
> wrong and perhaps your argument will change my mind, or in the least,
> cause me to reassess my position.

Ok try this:

"So here you have Barack Obama going in and spending the money on
embryonic stem cell research. ... Eugenics. In case you don't know
what Eugenics led us to: the Final Solution. A master race! A perfect
person. ... The stuff that we are facing is absolutely frightening."

Is that a stupid statement, or just some sort of opinion?

Jason

Oct 20, 2010, 2:58:09 PM10/20/10
In article <bp9ub6lfquj3kklf5...@4ax.com>, bear
<tevan...@charter.net> wrote:

Bear,
Of course you are correct. Liberals and conservatives have two different
world views. Both have members that have various levels of intelligence.
Jason

sully

Oct 20, 2010, 2:01:54 PM10/20/10

BTW, the '...' indicates missing text, here's the full text:

So here you have Barack Obama going in and spending the money on

embryonic stem cell research, and then some, fundamentally changing –
remember, those great progressive doctors are the ones who brought us
Eugenics. It was the progressive movement and it science. Let’s put
science truly in her place. If evolution is right, why don’t we just
help out evolution? That was the idea. And sane people agreed with it!

And it was from America. Progressive movement in America. Eugenics. In

case you don’t know what Eugenics led us to: the Final Solution. A

master race! A perfect person. …. The stuff that we are facing is
absolutely frightening. So I guess I have to put my name on yes, I
hope Barack Obama fails. But I just want his policies to fail; I want
America to wake up.

slika

Oct 20, 2010, 2:48:11 PM10/20/10

"Gated Community" <GatedCo...@Apikoros.Org> wrote in message
> "slika" <sl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
>
>>"John Manning" <jrob...@terra.com.br> wrote in message
>>As dumb as Rachel Maddow followers.
>
> When you can find anything that Maddow says that's in error, you'll
> let us know, won't you? Thank you so much in advance for your
> prompt assistance.

See? Indoctrination at it's finest.
Typical for atheists.

Also, Atheist Hysteria (tm) here obviously gobbles
everything leftist media serves him.

That's a good boy.
Who's a good boy?
*You're* a good boy, atheist!

http://tinyurl.com/383a2dz

bear

Oct 20, 2010, 3:44:02 PM10/20/10

I totally agree Jason, and each side thinks the other one is in error.

My frustration is with those, on either side, that do not provide any
thing of substance, no verifiable proof of what they claim, no
argument that could hold shucks, much less water and it seems the only
thing they have confidence in, is their ability to ridicule, mock and
call anyone and everyone that disagrees with their dogmatic assertions
stupid, dumb, idiots, morons and etc. It does not make sense and in
my opinion, the only one that is impressed by their antics, are
themselves.

Wouldn't you love to have one of them representing you in a court of
law, hey judge, I told you how it is and if you disagree with that
then you are nothing but a moron. I bet he would drop all charges
instantly with such a profound rebuttal.

Bear

NefeshBarYochai

Oct 20, 2010, 2:41:00 PM10/20/10
On Oct 20, 12:58 pm, Ja...@nospam.com (Jason) wrote:
> In article <bp9ub6lfquj3kklf5jqjgacbij0bstg...@4ax.com>, bear

> <tevans9...@charter.net> wrote:
> > On Wed, 20 Oct 2010 11:15:12 -0700, Ja...@nospam.com (Jason) wrote:
>
> > >In article <ll6ub6dkl89ci7et0oc5b58arue9r4h...@4ax.com>, bear
> Jason- Hide quoted text -

You know nothing of intelligence you goofy butt pirate.

Jeanne Douglas

Oct 20, 2010, 9:56:20 PM10/20/10
In article <4cbf38ab$1...@news.x-privat.org>, "slika" <sl...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> "Gated Community" <GatedCo...@Apikoros.Org> wrote in message
> > "slika" <sl...@hotmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >>"John Manning" <jrob...@terra.com.br> wrote in message
> >>As dumb as Rachel Maddow followers.
> >
> > When you can find anything that Maddow says that's in error, you'll
> > let us know, won't you? Thank you so much in advance for your
> > prompt assistance.
>
> See? Indoctrination at it's finest.
> Typical for atheists.
>
> Also, Atheist Hysteria (tm) here obviously gobbles
> everything leftist media serves him.

You didn't answer the question.

Provide any instances of factual error on Maddow (that aren't corrected).

Otherwise, you're just name-calling, which means you have zero argument.

--
JD

"...if you think the 'Star Wars' prequels are a disease, then
'Serenity' is the cure."

slika

Oct 21, 2010, 3:24:27 AM10/21/10

"Jeanne Douglas" <hlw...@NOSPAMpacbell.net> wrote in message

> In article <4cbf38ab$1...@news.x-privat.org>, "slika" <sl...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>
>> "Gated Community" <GatedCo...@Apikoros.Org> wrote in message

>> > When you can find anything that Maddow says that's in error, you'll
>> > let us know, won't you? Thank you so much in advance for your
>> > prompt assistance.
>>
>> See? Indoctrination at it's finest.
>> Typical for atheists.
>>
>> Also, Atheist Hysteria (tm) here obviously gobbles
>> everything leftist media serves him.
>
> You didn't answer the question.

So?

> Provide any instances of factual error on Maddow (that aren't corrected).

Just look at that crazy media-whore. That lady is nuts. So, whatever
she says should be taken with a grain of salt. Just as if you were watching
Hannity. I repeat: there is no difference, whatsoever, between Hannity
and/or Maddow.

> Otherwise, you're just name-calling, which means you have zero argument.

Then I'm just liek you - fucking nutty liberals. Who don't hesitate to
put Ron Paul next to some KKK klan members. IF your agenda needs
a little boost, or shall we say - spin.

Oh, btw, Rachel Maddow never mentioned the second
guy from the Ryder truck when she talked about OKC bombing.
So, ye nutty liberal - blow me. And no - I'm not a conservative.

Gated Community

Oct 21, 2010, 11:55:07 AM10/21/10

Did you see the video of that Mormon crook using Vicks to try to
simulate tears? His right wing frauds have been exposed and *still*
Republicans believe his treason.

---
Does belief in astrology cause stupidity? http://www.skeptictank.org/edm.htm

bear

Oct 21, 2010, 12:53:32 PM10/21/10

Oh, but I like this one much better, I think that it was more
professionally done than the one on Beck.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MwhKuunp8D8&feature=player_embedded

Of course, no liberal would ever consider fabricating something that
was not true, in context or slanted to their point of view. Which by
their standards is ok, but heaven forbid if a conservative does such a
wicked and sinful thing.

Bear

bd4u.utah

Oct 21, 2010, 5:04:58 PM10/21/10
On Oct 21, 9:55 am, GatedCommun...@Apikoros.Org (Gated Community)
wrote:

> bear <tevans9...@charter.net> wrote:
> >On Tue, 19 Oct 2010 10:16:33 -0500, kmc...@shell.vex.net (Kenneth
> >McVay OBC) wrote:

> >>What, exactly, has Beck said that he himself admits he
> >>does not believe?
> >>Please be specific.
> >You have to be kidding, you really do not expect any plausible answer
> >for your question do you?
>
> Did you see the video of that Mormon crook using Vicks to try to
> simulate tears? His right wing frauds have been exposed and *still*
> Republicans believe his treason.
>
> ---
> Does belief in astrology cause stupidity?http://www.skeptictank.org/edm.htm

"It only takes one bad apple to spoil the whole barrel"

The fact that he is Mormon is moot! But it does make
the Mormons look bad for him to be wearing the label.

bd4u

Jeanne Douglas

Oct 22, 2010, 1:32:32 AM10/22/10
In article <4cbfe9e8$3...@news.x-privat.org>, "slika" <sl...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Oh, btw, Rachel Maddow never mentioned the second
> guy from the Ryder truck when she talked about OKC bombing.
> So, ye nutty liberal - blow me. And no - I'm not a conservative.

Because she wasn't talking about nutjob conspiracy theories.

slika

Oct 22, 2010, 3:07:18 PM10/22/10

> In article <4cbfe9e8$3...@news.x-privat.org>, "slika" <sl...@hotmail.com>
> wrote:
>

>> Oh, btw, Rachel Maddow never mentioned the second
>> guy from the Ryder truck when she talked about OKC bombing.
>> So, ye nutty liberal - blow me. And no - I'm not a conservative.
>
> Because she wasn't talking about nutjob conspiracy theories.

'fcourse. Everyone can conspire against government, but
government can't conspire against - anyone.

It's sounds about right, what do you think?

Also, tell me Jeanne, do you *think* me-humble-self is
some kind of an anti-gvt "nutter"? Be honest.

[beware - a trick question]

(snoring)

NA

Oct 22, 2010, 10:05:38 PM10/22/10
"bd4u.utah" <bd4u...@gmail.com> wrote:
>On Oct 21, 9:55=A0am, GatedCommun...@Apikoros.Org (Gated Community)

>> Did you see the video of that Mormon crook using Vicks to try to
>> simulate tears? His right wing frauds have been exposed and *still*
>> Republicans believe his treason.
>"It only takes one bad apple to spoil the whole barrel"
>The fact that he is Mormon is moot! But it does make
>the Mormons look bad for him to be wearing the label.

True, what make Mormons look back is their core ideologies of hatred
and bigotry.

---
Does belief in astrology cause insanity? http://www.skeptictank.org/edm.htm

bear

Nov 2, 2010, 10:27:55 AM11/2/10
wrote:

>On Mon, 18 Oct 2010 13:02:32 -0200, John Manning

I guess not, it has been over a month and not one has presented any
evidence.

Bear

bd4u.utah

Nov 3, 2010, 8:35:09 AM11/3/10
On Oct 22, 10:05 pm, N...@Apikoros.Org (NA) wrote:

Wearing a Label, any label is an example of Hatred and Bigotry.
It's not just the Mormons who do it, it is most of the world!

bd4u