Has Obamacare Provided Health Insurance for Everybody?

Viktor Tandofsky

Aug 21, 2020, 4:37:08 PM8/21/20

JWS

Aug 21, 2020, 4:44:24 PM8/21/20
I don't understand. Trump did everything he could to help.
What could be the problem?

Miloch

Aug 21, 2020, 5:11:35 PM8/21/20
In article <b84907e4-1f5a-4958...@googlegroups.com>, JWS says...
...took his eye off the insurance ball and focused on the golf ball.

*

%

Aug 21, 2020, 5:19:49 PM8/21/20
name a president that didn't play golf

Siri Cruise

Aug 21, 2020, 7:28:22 PM8/21/20
In article
<b84907e4-1f5a-4958...@googlegroups.com>,
Only Nixon could go to China.

Even Donald can't get corrupt red states to extend medicaid to
the poor.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/residents-suffer-mississippi-
13-other-states-debate-medicaid-expansion-n1075661

Mississippi is one of 14 states that chose
not to expand Medicaid, forgoing about $1
billion from the federal government each
year since 2012 when the Affordable Care
Act offered states the opportunity to expand
care.

The states that choose to go along with the
program, first rolled out under the ACA, will
eventually have to provide a 10 percent match
of the funds by 2020. That would cost
Mississippi about $100 million a year, and
Republican lawmakers insisted it would be
detrimental to the state economy.

In Mississippi, a state that has one of the
highest uninsured rates in the country —
currently ranked at 45 out of 50 — about
100,000 people fall in the same coverage
gap as Velasco, according to the Kaiser
Family Foundation. In total, 2.5 million
poor adults fall into that same gap in the
14 states that did not expand Medicaid.

https://www.npr.org/sections/health-shots/2020/08/05/898899246/mis
souri-voters-approve-medicaid-expansion-despite-resistance-from-re
publican-le

Despite strong opposition from Republicans
and rural voters, Missouri on Tuesday joined
37 states and the District of Columbia in
expanding its Medicaid program.

Voters in Missouri approved creating a state
constitutional amendment that will open
Medicaid eligibility to include healthy
adults starting on July 1, 2021.

Missouri joins five other mostly conservative
states that have passed Medicaid expansion
via ballot initiatives, most recently Oklahoma,
which voted in the measure on June 30. Most
of the remaining 12 states that haven't
expanded Medicaid are Republican-leaning states
in the South.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

Viktor Tandofsky

Aug 21, 2020, 9:45:56 PM8/21/20
See, liberal genius, you still don't understand basic down home economics.
Expanding Medicaid would cost $100 million a year. That money has to come out of the pockets of Mississippi taxpayers. It's not a grant from God. Giving free healthcare to the poor is not the only thing the Miss legislature has to worry about. They need money for other things, too. What we Americans found out the hard way is that Obamacare does not reduce health insurance premiums. It raises them. It actually benefits the insurance companies the most because it forces people to buy health insurance at higher premiums than before.

It may help some poor people but it screws everybody who doesn't own stock in the insurance companies.

Yap Honghor

Aug 22, 2020, 4:37:13 AM8/22/20
What is the problem if Obamacare helps all the lower paid people which forms the most majority of American while the rich wouldn't mind to pay a little more???? It is a non-issue that you theists want to mess up...

Don Kresch

Aug 22, 2020, 9:41:46 PM8/22/20
On Sat, 22 Aug 2020 01:37:11 -0700 (PDT), Yap Honghor
<hhya...@gmail.com> scrawled in blood:

>What is the problem if Obamacare helps all the lower paid people which forms the most majority of American while the rich wouldn't mind to pay a little more????

What's the problem with treating people as a means rather than
ends unto themselves?

Yeah, Kant would like to have a word with you.

Don
aa#51
o- DNRC
Jedi Slackmaster

Davej

Aug 22, 2020, 10:37:37 PM8/22/20
On Friday, August 21, 2020 at 8:45:56 PM UTC-5, Viktor Tandofsky wrote:
> On Friday, August 21, 2020 at 4:28:22 PM UTC-7, Siri Cruise wrote:
> > JWS wrote:
See Trump-tard moron, that money is already coming out of the pockets
of Mississippi taxpayers. It's called Federal Income Tax. It then goes
to the other states that have already expanded Medicare.

michelle...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2020, 11:25:06 PM8/22/20
Thanks to the Republicans scaring people out of getting it.

michelle...@gmail.com

Aug 22, 2020, 11:25:51 PM8/22/20
George Washington.

Siri Cruise

Aug 23, 2020, 1:54:18 AM8/23/20
In article
<734ebf60-a9be-4ad9...@googlegroups.com>,
Actually they just make too expensive. Hence the third world
style health fairs in red states.

Siri Cruise

Aug 23, 2020, 1:55:56 AM8/23/20
In article
<7faa3e73-8ebd-4564...@googlegroups.com>,
Davej <gal...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> See Trump-tard moron, that money is already coming out of the pockets
> of Mississippi taxpayers. It's called Federal Income Tax. It then goes
> to the other states that have already expanded Medicare.

It's also coming out of their lifespans. I guess life is so bad
in Mississippi they prefer to jog off instead of shuffle off.

duckg...@cox.net

Aug 23, 2020, 11:15:41 AM8/23/20
Why are people uninsured?
Even under the ACA, many uninsured people cite the high cost of insurance as the
main reason they lack coverage. In 2018, 45% of uninsured adults said that they
remained uninsured because the cost of coverage was too high. Many people do not
have access to coverage through a job, and some people, particularly poor adults
in states that did not expand Medicaid, remain ineligible for financial
assistance for coverage. Some people who are eligible for financial assistance
under the ACA may not know they can get help, while others have income above the
cutoff for financial assistance. Additionally, undocumented immigrants are
ineligible for Medicaid or Marketplace coverage.

ACA ===> Obamacare.
the dukester, American-American

duckg...@cox.net

Aug 24, 2020, 6:04:29 PM8/24/20