Rational Atheists: The list

Waldo Tunnel

Feb 23, 2012, 4:56:33 AM2/23/12
The atheist point of view does not necessarily indicate a rational
mind. In fact there are a number of self identified atheists here in
a.a. who are as dogmatic as any theist.

Screw 'em.

What distinguishes rational atheists from the knee-jerk variety is an
open mind.

Here is a list of atheists that seem to qualify. Strictly my opinion
of course:

Alex W.

Fidem Turbare, atheist goddess"

DanielSan

John Baker

Mitchell Holman

Sulfate

Jim Burns

Olrik

----

Yes, I know. I missed a few. Ok, quite a few. Please nominate your own
candidates to be on the list of "rational atheists."

Thanks!

DanielSan

Feb 23, 2012, 5:05:33 AM2/23/12
You're going to ruin my reputation, Waldo.

Zacharias Mulletstein

Feb 23, 2012, 6:39:19 AM2/23/12

"Waldo Tunnel" <waldo...@gmail.com> wrote in message
I was a "rational athiest" when I was a Hard Core athiest.

Zacharias Mulletstein

Feb 23, 2012, 6:52:34 AM2/23/12

"Zacharias Mulletstein" <zachariasm...@isalwaysright.com> wrote in
message news:ji58h9$ugo$1...@dont-email.me...

> "Waldo Tunnel" <waldo...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> The atheist point of view does not necessarily indicate a rational
>> mind. In fact there are a number of self identified atheists here in
>> a.a. who are as dogmatic as any theist.
>>
>> Screw 'em.

Why not grow some balls and name the pop athiests.

I'll start the list:

Don Kretch

mr_antone

Feb 23, 2012, 8:43:43 AM2/23/12
Been more or less lurking around a.a. since Dec '11.

As far as I can remember been an atheist all my life.
Parents didn't have a religious bone in them.
Only went to church for weddings or funerals a few times when I was a
kid.

Back when I was alive, there was a time when I would answer the door
nude when the watchtower people woke me up.

Don't know much about religion in general, though I find the Southern
Baptists to be the most intolerant.

I'm a rational atheist with a sense of humor.

Enjoy,

mr_antone

raven1

Feb 23, 2012, 9:08:00 AM2/23/12
On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 01:56:33 -0800 (PST), Waldo Tunnel
<waldo...@gmail.com> wrote:

*Ahem*.

>Thanks!

sbalneav

Feb 23, 2012, 9:55:23 AM2/23/12
raven1

sbalneav

Feb 23, 2012, 9:55:49 AM2/23/12
Oh, and SkyEyes

Doc Smartass

Feb 23, 2012, 11:41:49 AM2/23/12
Waldo Tunnel <waldo...@gmail.com> wrote in news:02646891-5cbd-4758-
ac9f-549...@r1g2000yqk.googlegroups.com:
I'll nominate myself as irrational--it's more fun that way =)

--
Doc Smartass, BAAWA Knight of Heckling aa # 1939

Kooks! http://kookclearinghouse.blogspot.com/

Books! http://jw-bookblog.blogspot.com/

There are several tax-free, government-free places in this world...
They're called "failed states."

Don Martin

Feb 23, 2012, 12:50:16 PM2/23/12
Chopped liver, me.

Fidei defensor (Hon. Antipodean)
The Squeeky Wheel: http://home.comcast.net/~drdonmartin/

sbalneav

Feb 23, 2012, 2:01:01 PM2/23/12
Argh, sorry.

And Don.

raven1

Feb 23, 2012, 2:18:45 PM2/23/12
Not to mention yourself.

JohnN

Feb 23, 2012, 3:39:07 PM2/23/12
Perhaps three to five years ago we had a person who declared he would
pray for an atheist on a certain date. Every atheist who pissed on him
would be given a date on which The Prayer would be said. What happened
to that guy? Anyone around who was being prayed for?

BTW: Waldo, please see that this list is deposited in the EAC Archives
(ntie). Thank you.

JohnN

JohnN

raven1

Feb 23, 2012, 4:54:14 PM2/23/12
Jason Gasbag, er, Gastrich. He slunk off quite a while ago, after
(among other things) unsuccessfully running for Governor of
California, and getting himself banned from Wikipedia for Sock
Puppetry. He was quite the piece of work.

> Anyone around who was being prayed for?
>
>BTW: Waldo, please see that this list is deposited in the EAC Archives
>(ntie). Thank you.
>
>JohnN
>

>JohnN

---
raven1
aa # 1096
EAC Vice President (President in charge of vice)
BAAWA Knight

Don Martin

Feb 23, 2012, 6:36:53 PM2/23/12
Too true.

Don Martin

Feb 23, 2012, 6:36:53 PM2/23/12
On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 19:01:01 +0000 (UTC), sbalneav <sbal...@alburg.net> wrote:

> [...]

Kelsey Bjarnason, David Canzi, Alex W., Hannele, Mike Painter, Jeanne Douglas,
and the ineffable Smiler (fundies have said "f___ you" to him many times in the
past to absolutely no effect).

Smiler

Feb 23, 2012, 6:40:02 PM2/23/12
ITYM Gastrich.

> BTW: Waldo, please see that this list is deposited in the EAC Archives
> (ntie). Thank you.

And copied to every member in the weekly EAC memo.

--
Smiler,

The godless one. a.a.# 2279

chibiabos

Feb 23, 2012, 6:48:43 PM2/23/12
In article <XnsA0026CE3565B...@216.196.97.131>, Doc
Smartass <Fortbr...@yahoobrick.com> wrote:

> Waldo Tunnel <waldo...@gmail.com> wrote in news:02646891-5cbd-4758-
> ac9f-549...@r1g2000yqk.googlegroups.com:
>
> > The atheist point of view does not necessarily indicate a rational
> > mind. In fact there are a number of self identified atheists here in
> > a.a. who are as dogmatic as any theist.
> >
> > Screw 'em.
> >
> > What distinguishes rational atheists from the knee-jerk variety is an
> > open mind.
> >
> > Here is a list of atheists that seem to qualify. Strictly my opinion
> > of course:
> >
> > Alex W.
> >
> > Fidem Turbare, atheist goddess"
> >
> > DanielSan
> >
> > John Baker
> >
> > Mitchell Holman
> >
> > Sulfate
> >
> > Jim Burns
> >
> > Olrik
> >
> > ----
> >
> > Yes, I know. I missed a few. Ok, quite a few. Please nominate your own
> > candidates to be on the list of "rational atheists."
>
> I'll nominate myself as irrational--it's more fun that way =)

Rationality is overrated.

Wait. Did I really say that? I must be out of my mind.

-chib

--
Member of SMASH
Sarcastic Middle-Aged Atheists with a Sense of Humor

Alex W.

Feb 23, 2012, 7:47:20 PM2/23/12
Hey, I happen to like chopped liver!
Some fried potatoes and onions, a glass of light red or maybe a
pils, that's a good meal!

DanielSan

Feb 23, 2012, 7:50:17 PM2/23/12

Richo

Feb 23, 2012, 7:25:05 PM2/23/12
The ranks have thinned.
Back in the day we had so many...

Mark
(a lingering ghost from the past...)

Christopher A. Lee

Feb 23, 2012, 8:58:42 PM2/23/12
On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 02:05:33 -0800, DanielSan
<daniel...@gmail.com> wrote:

>On 2/23/2012 1:56 AM, Waldo Tunnel wrote:
>> The atheist point of view does not necessarily indicate a rational
>> mind. In fact there are a number of self identified atheists here in
>> a.a. who are as dogmatic as any theist.
>>
>> Screw 'em.
>>
>> What distinguishes rational atheists from the knee-jerk variety is an
>> open mind.

What are we supposed to have an open mind about?

And what does the nym-shifting troll imagine the other atheists are
closed minded about?

>> Here is a list of atheists that seem to qualify. Strictly my opinion
>> of course:
>>
>> Alex W.
>>
>> Fidem Turbare, atheist goddess"
>>
>> DanielSan
>>
>> John Baker
>>
>> Mitchell Holman
>>
>> Sulfate
>>
>> Jim Burns
>>
>> Olrik
>>
>> ----
>>
>> Yes, I know. I missed a few. Ok, quite a few. Please nominate your own
>> candidates to be on the list of "rational atheists."
>>
>> Thanks!
>
>You're going to ruin my reputation, Waldo.

Pretty much all of us are rational.

If the anonynous coward hiding behind the nym "Waldo Tunnel" is who I
think he is, there are various atheist positions he doesn't understand
and refuses to accept that he dismisses as irrational.

raven1

Feb 23, 2012, 11:10:50 PM2/23/12
On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 00:47:20 +0000, "Alex W." <ing...@yahoo.co.uk>
wrote:
I understand it goes well with fava beans and a nice Chianti.

Olrik

Feb 23, 2012, 11:53:34 PM2/23/12
Le 2012-02-23 04:56, Waldo Tunnel a écrit :
> The atheist point of view does not necessarily indicate a rational
> mind. In fact there are a number of self identified atheists here in
> a.a. who are as dogmatic as any theist.
>
> Screw 'em.
>
> What distinguishes rational atheists from the knee-jerk variety is an
> open mind.
>
> Here is a list of atheists that seem to qualify. Strictly my opinion
> of course:
>
> Alex W.
>
> Fidem Turbare, atheist goddess"
>
> DanielSan
>
> John Baker
>
> Mitchell Holman
>
> Sulfate
>
> Jim Burns
>
> Olrik

Well, first of all, thanks for noticing me, as I barely manage to write
about 5 posts a week!

But while I try to be rational about certain things, I consider myself
mostly a realist, a pragmatist if you will.

Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess

Feb 23, 2012, 11:59:47 PM2/23/12
On 2012-Feb-23 08:41, Doc Smartass wrote:
> Waldo Tunnel<waldo...@gmail.com> wrote in news:02646891-5cbd-4758-
> ac9f-549...@r1g2000yqk.googlegroups.com:
>
>> The atheist point of view does not necessarily indicate a rational
>> mind. In fact there are a number of self identified atheists here in
>> a.a. who are as dogmatic as any theist.
>>
>> Screw 'em.
>>
>> What distinguishes rational atheists from the knee-jerk variety is an
>> open mind.
>>
>> Here is a list of atheists that seem to qualify. Strictly my opinion
>> of course:
>>
>> Alex W.
>>
>> Fidem Turbare, atheist goddess"
>>
>> DanielSan
>>
>> John Baker
>>
>> Mitchell Holman
>>
>> Sulfate
>>
>> Jim Burns
>>
>> Olrik
>>
>> ----
>>
>> Yes, I know. I missed a few. Ok, quite a few. Please nominate your own
>> candidates to be on the list of "rational atheists."
>
> I'll nominate myself as irrational--it's more fun that way =)

If it were up to me I would reject your nomination.

--
Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess
"I was only an aspiring dictator. I was never a real dictator."

Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess

Feb 24, 2012, 12:03:04 AM2/24/12
Perhaps it's time for people to start promoting usenet newsgroups to the
masses again.

> Mark
> (a lingering ghost from the past...)

--
Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess
"In a revolution one wins or dies, if it is a real one."
-- Che Guevara

Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess

Feb 24, 2012, 12:13:24 AM2/24/12
On 2012-Feb-23 01:56, Waldo Tunnel wrote:
> The atheist point of view does not necessarily indicate a rational
> mind. In fact there are a number of self identified atheists here in
> a.a. who are as dogmatic as any theist.
>
> Screw 'em.
>
> What distinguishes rational atheists from the knee-jerk variety is an
> open mind.
>
> Here is a list of atheists that seem to qualify. Strictly my opinion
> of course:
>
> Alex W.
>
> Fidem Turbare, atheist goddess

Thank you for including me in your list.

Also, I appreciate that you have written this entire message so
carefully so that I can be included in a manner that doesn't contradict
any skepticism on your part -- you did very nicely indeed.

> DanielSan
>
> John Baker
>
> Mitchell Holman
>
> Sulfate
>
> Jim Burns
>
> Olrik
>
> ----
>
> Yes, I know. I missed a few. Ok, quite a few. Please nominate your own
> candidates to be on the list of "rational atheists."
>
> Thanks!

(It appears that others have already "brought to light" many of the
names that deserve inclusion; I expect you'll post an updated list.)

--
Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess
"Ideas are more powerful than guns. We would not let our enemies have

SkyEyes

Feb 24, 2012, 12:32:10 AM2/24/12
On Feb 23, 7:55 am, sbalneav <sbaln...@alburg.net> wrote:
Thanks, Scott!

Brenda Nelson, A.A.#34
BAAWA Knight of the Golden Litterbox
EAC Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
skyeyes nine at cox dot net OR
skyeyes nine at yahoo dot com

SkyEyes

Feb 24, 2012, 12:34:11 AM2/24/12
That was Jason Gastrich/Gasbag. I was one of the first that he prayed
for. As you can see, it totally changed my life. ;-P

SkyEyes

Feb 24, 2012, 12:36:06 AM2/24/12
On Feb 23, 2:56 am, Waldo Tunnel <waldotun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The atheist point of view does not necessarily indicate a rational
> mind. In fact there are a number of self identified atheists here in
> a.a. who are as dogmatic as any theist.
>
> Screw 'em.
>
> What distinguishes rational atheists from the knee-jerk variety is an
> open mind.
>
> Here is a list of atheists that seem to qualify. Strictly my opinion
> of course:
>
> Alex W.
>
> Fidem Turbare, atheist goddess"
>
> DanielSan
>
> John Baker
>
> Mitchell Holman
>
> Sulfate
>
> Jim Burns
>
> Olrik
>
> ----
>
> Yes, I know. I missed a few. Ok, quite a few. Please nominate your own
> candidates to be on the list of "rational atheists."
>
> Thanks!

They haven't been around much lately, but I'd nominate Haiku Jones,
archie dux, conan the bacterium, and nature-bats-last.

DanielSan

Feb 24, 2012, 12:38:24 AM2/24/12
On 2/23/2012 1:56 AM, Waldo Tunnel wrote:
> The atheist point of view does not necessarily indicate a rational
> mind. In fact there are a number of self identified atheists here in
> a.a. who are as dogmatic as any theist.
>
> Screw 'em.
>
> What distinguishes rational atheists from the knee-jerk variety is an
> open mind.
>
> Here is a list of atheists that seem to qualify. Strictly my opinion
> of course:
>
> Alex W.
>
> Fidem Turbare, atheist goddess"
>
> DanielSan
>
> John Baker
>
> Mitchell Holman
>
> Sulfate
>
> Jim Burns
>
> Olrik
>
> ----
>
> Yes, I know. I missed a few. Ok, quite a few. Please nominate your own
> candidates to be on the list of "rational atheists."

I nominate Jeanne Douglas and Free Lunch.

Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess

Feb 24, 2012, 1:17:20 AM2/24/12
On 2012-Feb-23 21:36, SkyEyes wrote:
> On Feb 23, 2:56 am, Waldo Tunnel<waldotun...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> The atheist point of view does not necessarily indicate a rational
>> mind. In fact there are a number of self identified atheists here in
>> a.a. who are as dogmatic as any theist.
>>
>> Screw 'em.
>>
>> What distinguishes rational atheists from the knee-jerk variety is an
>> open mind.
>>
>> Here is a list of atheists that seem to qualify. Strictly my opinion
>> of course:
>>
>> Alex W.
>>
>> Fidem Turbare, atheist goddess"
>>
>> DanielSan
>>
>> John Baker
>>
>> Mitchell Holman
>>
>> Sulfate
>>
>> Jim Burns
>>
>> Olrik
>>
>> ----
>>
>> Yes, I know. I missed a few. Ok, quite a few. Please nominate your own
>> candidates to be on the list of "rational atheists."
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> They haven't been around much lately, but I'd nominate Haiku Jones,
> archie dux, conan the bacterium, and nature-bats-last.

There are likely many names that have been forgotten...

I just performed a quick count, and it appears that alt.atheism has had
at least 58,000 different posters since its inception.

--
Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess
"Of course, you know in reality no prayer ever works ... from the

Doc Smartass

Feb 24, 2012, 2:06:34 AM2/24/12
"Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess"
<god...@fidemturbare.com> wrote in news:YOE1r.13743$xF1.13448
@newsfe01.iad:
I'm not irrational enough? :/

Jeanne Douglas

Feb 24, 2012, 3:34:24 AM2/24/12
In article <ji77on$qlb$1...@dont-email.me>,
Ah, gee, shucks. Thanks.

--
JD

"the lybian lier"

John Baker

Feb 24, 2012, 9:05:24 AM2/24/12
We've always had the ones who stay a while and then move on (some of
whom we remember and some we don't), but there were also those who
seemed like they'd always been here and always would be.
Unfortunately, the trolls have gotten so bad in recent years that
they've driven many of the long-time regulars away.

I miss the days when service providers actually did something about
trolls. Sadly, these days it seems like not paying the bill is the
only "abuse" that'll get an account terminated.

I wonder what makes a person so shallow, so mean-spirited and so
utterly devoid of common human decency that they can find nothing
better to do with their time than harrass complete strangers for no
good reason.

But at the risk of being flamed, I'll state my opinion that the ones
who can't resist *feeding* the trolls are as much to blame for a.a's
current sorry state as the trolls themselves. As the old saying goes,
it takes two to tango, and if the trolls weren't getting the attention
they're after here, they'd seek it elsewhere and leave us alone.

Free Lunch

Feb 24, 2012, 11:08:48 AM2/24/12
On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 00:34:24 -0800, Jeanne Douglas
<hlw...@NOSPAMpacbell.net> wrote in alt.atheism:
My thanks as well.

Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess

Feb 24, 2012, 11:27:45 AM2/24/12
That's right. Consider it a back-handed compliment.

--
Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess
"Our enemies are innovative and resourceful, and so are we. They never

Free Lunch

Feb 24, 2012, 11:49:48 AM2/24/12
On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 10:08:48 -0600, Free Lunch <lu...@nofreelunch.us>
wrote in alt.atheism:
And I would like to add Devils Advocaat to the list.

Free Lunch

Feb 24, 2012, 12:00:51 PM2/24/12
On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 10:30:14 -0600, Robert Parker
<Dontb...@netportusa.com> wrote in alt.atheism:
>The choice appears to be rational VS dogmatic. With no description of the qualification for either
>group. It appears that I am either dogmatic, or being shunned. I prefer to be shunned by religious
>folks. The J.W. no longer talk to me, even when I am enjoying a cold glass of tea, on the front
>porch. Too bad I rather enjoyed, preaching to them, using their own bible, I have several all gifts.

I've gone for decades being ignored by the JW and LDS.

Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess

Feb 24, 2012, 9:42:53 PM2/24/12
At least you're not being hounded by Scientologists.

--
Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess
"Dad! Tom Cruise won't come out of my closet!"

Smiler

Feb 24, 2012, 10:24:34 PM2/24/12
On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 18:36:53 -0500, Don Martin wrote:

> Kelsey Bjarnason, David Canzi, Alex W., Hannele, Mike Painter, Jeanne
> Douglas, and the ineffable Smiler (fundies have said "f___ you" to him
> many times in the past to absolutely no effect).

Hence in'F'able...
But it does have an affect. It shows me that the arse kicking I gave them
has hit the target area.

Panama Floyd

Feb 24, 2012, 10:28:20 PM2/24/12
On Feb 24, 10:24 pm, Smiler <Youmus...@JoeKing.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 18:36:53 -0500, Don Martin wrote:

> > Kelsey Bjarnason, David Canzi, Alex W., Hannele, Mike Painter, Jeanne
> > Douglas, and the ineffable Smiler (fundies have said "f___ you" to him
> > many times in the past to absolutely no effect).
>
> Hence in'F'able...
> But it does have an affect. It shows me that the arse kicking I gave them
> has hit the target area.

Better than aerial recon! (insert thumbs up icon here..)

-PF, Atl.
#2015/KoBAAWA!

Smiler

Feb 24, 2012, 10:29:04 PM2/24/12
I don't think the RCC would allow that at their services :-)

Smiler

Feb 24, 2012, 10:31:44 PM2/24/12
What percentage were atheists and what percentage were religious morons?

Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess

Feb 24, 2012, 10:41:37 PM2/24/12
Good question.

--
Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess
"How paramount the future is to the present when one is surrounded by

Doc Smartass

Feb 25, 2012, 12:13:07 AM2/25/12
"Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess"
<god...@fidemturbare.com> wrote in
Well, I refuse to try posting like Zachie. Might get stuck that way and
start buying crappy guitars.

Zacharias Mulletstein

Feb 25, 2012, 1:11:50 AM2/25/12

"Doc Smartass" <Fortbr...@yahoobrick.com> wrote in message
Why bring me into it. Obsessed much?

Waldo Tunnel

Feb 25, 2012, 1:17:05 AM2/25/12
On Feb 23, 5:58 pm, Christopher A. Lee <ca...@optonline.net> wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 02:05:33 -0800, DanielSan
>
> <danielsan1...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On 2/23/2012 1:56 AM, Waldo Tunnel wrote:
> >> The atheist point of view does not necessarily indicate a rational
> >> mind. In fact there are a number of self identified atheists here in
> >> a.a. who are as dogmatic as any theist.
>
> >> Screw 'em.
>
> >> What distinguishes rational atheists from the knee-jerk variety is an
> >> open mind.
>
> What are we supposed to have an open mind about?

"Sit down before fact as a little child, be prepared to give up every
preconceived notion, follow humbly wherever and whatever abysses
nature leads, or you will learn nothing."- Thomas Huxley

Waldo Tunnel

Feb 25, 2012, 1:24:20 AM2/25/12
On Feb 23, 5:43 am, mr_antone <mr_ant...@see.reply.to> wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 01:56:33 -0800 (PST), Waldo Tunnel
>

> <waldotun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >The atheist point of view does not necessarily indicate a rational
> >mind. In fact there are a number of self identified atheists here in
> >a.a. who are as dogmatic as any theist.
>
> >Screw 'em.
>
> >What distinguishes rational atheists from the knee-jerk variety is an
> >open mind.
>
> >Here is a list of atheists that seem to qualify. Strictly my opinion
> >of course:
>
> >Alex W.
>
> >Fidem Turbare, atheist goddess"
>
> >DanielSan
>
> >John Baker
>
> >Mitchell Holman
>
> >Sulfate
>
> >Jim Burns
>
> >Olrik
>
> >----
>
> >Yes, I know. I missed a few. Ok, quite a few. Please nominate your own
> >candidates to be on the list of "rational atheists."
>
> >Thanks!
>
> Been more or less lurking around a.a. since Dec '11.
>
> As far as I can remember been an atheist all my life.
> Parents didn't have a religious bone in them.
> Only went to church for weddings or funerals a few times when I was a
> kid.
>
> Back when I was alive,

Eh?

> there was a time when I would answer the door
> nude when the watchtower people woke me up.
>
> Don't know much about religion in general,

It pays to know, as a defensive tactic.

>though I find the Southern Baptists to be the most intolerant.

Jimmy Carter?

> I'm a rational atheist with a sense of humor.

Outtasite! Welcome to the club. You're on the list.

> Enjoy,
>
> mr_antone

Waldo Tunnel

Feb 25, 2012, 1:46:19 AM2/25/12
You can't put yourself into that mind set. One thing you can be sure
of. They don't see themselves as you describe them.

> But at the risk of being flamed, I'll state my opinion that the ones
> who can't resist *feeding* the trolls are as much to blame for a.a's
> current sorry state as the trolls themselves.

From your lips to gods ears (oops!). Sure they are (as much to blame)!
Maybe more. They have no restraint in the face of provocation. There
are strategies to counter lies that do not require engaging (feeding)
a troll. But a.a. has been a free for all for some time now.

> As the old saying goes,
> it takes two to tango, and if the trolls weren't getting the attention
> they're after here, they'd seek it elsewhere and leave us alone.

> >Mark
> >(a lingering ghost from the past...)

Mark? I'm (formerly) Del.

Ciao

Alex W.

Feb 25, 2012, 3:39:29 AM2/25/12
And what percentage were genuine posters as opposed to sock
puppets?

Waldo Tunnel

Feb 25, 2012, 4:36:48 AM2/25/12
On Feb 23, 10:17 pm, "Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess"
A quick count?

Waldo Tunnel

Feb 25, 2012, 6:58:58 AM2/25/12
On Feb 23, 3:48 pm, chibiabos <chibia...@nospam.com> wrote:
> In article <XnsA0026CE3565BEaskifyouwan...@216.196.97.131>, Doc
>

> Smartass <FortbrickG...@yahoobrick.com> wrote:
> > Waldo Tunnel <waldotun...@gmail.com> wrote in news:02646891-5cbd-4758-
> > ac9f-549c25c19...@r1g2000yqk.googlegroups.com:
>
> > > The atheist point of view does not necessarily indicate a rational
> > > mind. In fact there are a number of self identified atheists here in
> > > a.a. who are as dogmatic as any theist.
>
> > > Screw 'em.
>
> > > What distinguishes rational atheists from the knee-jerk variety is an
> > > open mind.
>
> > > Here is a list of atheists that seem to qualify. Strictly my opinion
> > > of course:
>
> > > Alex W.
>
> > > Fidem Turbare, atheist goddess"
>
> > > DanielSan
>
> > > John Baker
>
> > > Mitchell Holman
>
> > > Sulfate
>
> > > Jim Burns
>
> > > Olrik
>
> > > ----
>
> > > Yes, I know. I missed a few. Ok, quite a few. Please nominate your own
> > > candidates to be on the list of "rational atheists."
>
> > I'll nominate myself as irrational--it's more fun that way =)
>
> Rationality is overrated.

It can be. It depends if you want to know the "truth" or not. Not a
simple question to answer. But atheists need rationality going for
them. Otherwise what an individual believes is just his religion. He
believes because he wants to. Isn't that what Christians do?

> Wait. Did I really say that? I must be out of my mind.

That's fine. Just keep it to yourself.

fasgnadh

Feb 25, 2012, 7:41:38 AM2/25/12
On 23/02/2012 8:56 PM, Waldo Tunnel wrote:

> there are a number of self identified atheists here in
> a.a. who are as dogmatic as any theist.

> Here is a list of atheists that seem to qualify. Strictly my opinion
> of course:
>
> Alex W.
>
> Fidem Turbare, atheist goddess"
>
> DanielSan

# From: DanielSan <daniel...@gmail.com>
# Newsgroups: alt.atheism,alt.agnosticism,alt.philosophy,aus.politics
# Subject: Re: Why do atheists claim to be a religion?
# was Re: Lucy FACTOID 101
# Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 23:47:10 -0800
#
# On 1/8/2012 11:40 PM, Swampfox wrote:
# > On 9/01/2012 6:31 PM, felix_unger wrote:
#
# >> So is a new born baby an atheist?
# >
# > No, that's absurd, neither is a cat.
#
# Sorry, Swampfox, but they are.

"Atheists are Pussies" B^D

> John Baker

# From: John Baker <nu...@bizniz.net>
# Newsgroups: alt.atheism
# Subject: Another One Bites The Dust
# Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 05:07:33 -0500
#
# Just wanted to say farewell to everyone.
# I've been giving it quite a
# lot of thought lately, and I've
# decided it's time for me to move on.
#
# I've finally reached the end of my rope.
#
# I've simply had all I can stand
@
# I just can't handle it anymore.
#
# I don't see myself continuing

# I'm going to end up going postal.

> Mitchell Holman
>
> Sulfate
>
> Jim Burns
>
> Olrik

Olrik claims he has a Divine Right to lie about you
if he doesn't know the truth(which is always):

# From: Olrik <olri...@yahoo.com>
# Newsgroups: alt.atheism,alt.agnosticism,alt.religion
# Subject: Re: fasgnadh is defective
# Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 18:31:59 -0400
#
# I can claim whatever I want. One day I say you're an atheist,
# then I claim you're a muslim.

They are all as mad as cut snakes...

> Yes, I know. I missed a few. Ok, quite a few. Please nominate your own
> candidates

St Dawkins: "These Gods Came into Being"

His Acolyte, Bukakke:

# From: Budikka666 <budi...@netscape.net>
# Newsgroups: alt.atheism,talk.atheism,alt.talk.creationism,
alt.religion,alt.religion.christian
# Subject: Disapproving Creation:
# Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 15:23:40 -0800 (PST)
#
#
#> come worshiping at the altar of atheism,

Bukakke is very erratic in her faith:

# From: Budikka666 <budi...@netscape.net>
# Newsgroups:
alt.atheism,alt.religion,alt.religion.christian,alt.agnosticism
# Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 03:38:16 -0800 (PST)
#
# You can keep your spiritual values.
# I'll piss on them and pass on them.
#
# Budikka

Warlord Fluffy:

# From: Steve Knight <skni...@cox.net>
# Newsgroups: alt.atheism
# Subject: A.A. BAAWA - FAQ
# Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 02:46:34 -0700
#
# We kill theists and shit down their throats
#
# Warlord Steve
# BAAWA

Chris Lee:

# From: Christopher A. Lee <ca...@optonline.net>
# Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian.pentecostal,alt.atheism
# Subject: Re: Merry Christmas
# Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 16:24:01 -0500
#
# "go fuck yourself with your crucifix in a drill chuck'.

> Thanks!

You're welcome, people need to be warned, as they look just like
real people.

--

---------

Atheists are in retreat:

Pope Dawkins declares Atheist Gods exist:

# "It’s very important to understand that these Gods
# came into being
# - Richard Dawkins

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/20/science/20dawkins.html?pagewanted=all

When did that happen? where? How many 'came into being'?
Do they have names?

WHERE IS THE EVIDENCE?!??

..Atheist activist Bukakke has built an Atheist altar to worship them;

# From: Budikka666 <budi...@netscape.net>
# Newsgroups: alt.atheism,talk.atheism,alt.talk.creationism,
alt.religion,alt.religion.christian
# Date: Wed, 25 Jan 2012 15:23:40 -0800 (PST)
#
#
#> come worshiping at the altar of atheism,

...and national atheist bodies have formally applied to be recognised
as a religion:

# It's Official, Atheists claim to be a persecuted RELIGION: B^D
#
#
# "THE Atheist Foundation of Australia has lodged complaints
# of religious discrimination in Melbourne and Hobart
#
# "atheism counts as a religion, Dr Perkins said."
# The Age 29/1/2009

---------

alt.atheism FAQ:

http://altatheismfaq.blogspot.com/

http://groups.google.com.au/group/alt.atheism/msg/7c0978c14fd4ed37?hl=en&dmode=source

"Atheism is the natural and inseparable part of Communism."
-Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov (Lenin)

"We must combat religion"
-Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov (Lenin)

“Down with religion and long live atheism;
the dissemination of atheist views is our chief task!”
- Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov (Lenin)

"Our program necessarily includes the propaganda of atheism."
- Vladimir Ilyich Ulyanov (Lenin)

http://www.atheistnexus.org/photo/2182797:Photo:8290?context=latest

http://www.atheistnexus.org/photo/2182797:Photo:8295?context=latest

http://www.atheistnexus.org/photo/2182797:Photo:6348?context=latest

http://www.atheistnexus.org/photo/2182797:Photo:17478?context=latest

"How can you make a revolution without firing squads?"
- Lenin

http://www.atheistnexus.org/photo/2182797:Photo:17475?context=latest

http://www.c96trading.com/Nagant_NKVD_300h.jpg

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01001/Tsar-family_1001874c.jpg

Alex W.

Feb 25, 2012, 7:44:35 AM2/25/12
On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 03:29:04 +0000, Smiler wrote:

> On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 21:03:04 -0800, Fidem Turbare, the non-existent
> atheist goddess wrote:
>
>> On 2012-Feb-23 16:25, Richo wrote:
>

>> Perhaps it's time for people to start promoting usenet newsgroups to the
>> masses again.
>
> I don't think the RCC would allow that at their services :-)

They simply haven't been offered enough.

fasgnadh

Feb 25, 2012, 7:52:16 AM2/25/12
On 24/02/2012 1:08 AM, raven1 wrote:
> On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 01:56:33 -0800 (PST), Waldo Tunnel
Yup, all mad as cut snakes!

>> Yes, I know. I missed a few. Ok, quite a few.

>> candidates to be on the list of "rational atheists."

Sure, it's a pretty short list:

# From: raven1 <quotht...@nevermore.com>
# Newsgroups: alt.atheism
# Subject: Re: Anyone seen Hysteria, Abu Baker Bashir and Kelsey
Bjarnyard? B^D
# Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 21:15:11 -0500
#
# There has never been a "Great, Enduring Atheist Civilization"

# From: raven1 <quotht...@nevermore.com>
# Newsgroups: alt.atheism
# Subject: Re: Anyone seen Hysteria, Abu Baker Bashir
# and Kelsey Bjarnyard? B^D
# Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 21:15:11 -0500
#
#
# > raven1 wrote:
# >
# >> Even under officially atheistic regimes such as Stalin's,

> *Ahem*.

>> Thanks!

fasgnadh

Feb 25, 2012, 8:07:33 AM2/25/12
Richo acknowledges the decline of Atheism:
> On Feb 23, 8:56 pm, Waldo Tunnel<waldotun...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> there are a number of self identified atheists here in
>> a.a. who are as dogmatic as any theist.

about 100% of them.
They are all as mad as cut snakes...
>> ----
>>
>> Yes, I know. I missed a few. Ok, quite a few. Please nominate your own
>> candidates to be on the list of "rational atheists."
>>
>> Thanks!
>
> The ranks have thinned.

Sure, I did a lot of the thinning in a.a. B^]

but the process is repeated worldwide:

"At the dawn of the 20th Century approximately one half of the world's
population identified itself as either Muslim, Catholic, Protestant,
Hindu or Buddhist, and 100 years of secularism, and technological
advancement, and scientific progress later and that number is now
two thirds.

So, for those of you who enjoy beginning coffee shop
conversations with "The Death of God" .. it's time to change
the subject! It's time to talk about something else , because
it's not happening at all.

People are becoming more religious, not less religious,
and religion itself is also evolving"

- Dr Reza Aslan

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/bigideas/stories/2010/2929354.htm

Atheism has been in decline shince the atheist tyrannies of the
20th century: The Union of Savage Slaughter and Repressions,
Maoist China, Pol Pots genocidal Khmer Rouge, and Nth Korea

> Back in the day we had so many...

Now it's just the remaining atheiSheep in Nth Korea.

# From: Richo <m.richa...@gmail.com>
# Newsgroups: alt.atheism
# Subject: The Decline of alt atheism - and time to say farwell.
# Date: Sun, 20 Sep 2009 23:59:09 -0700 (PDT)
# ab9d-44f...@s21g2000prm.googlegroups.com>
#
# It has been a very long time coming but I have finally had enough.
#...
# it is getting to me lately.
#
# There are no decent arguments
# ....
# And its not any "fun" anymore.
#
# Farewell

> Mark
> (a lingering ghost from the past...)

Just like atheism, the stale smell of an old fart.

John Baker

Feb 25, 2012, 8:14:24 AM2/25/12
They no doubt see themselves as the scourge of every atheist on the
planet. I see them as ill-mannered children who need to grow up. <G>

fasgnadh

Feb 25, 2012, 8:39:55 AM2/25/12
John Baker whined himself into another breakdown:
> On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 16:25:05 -0800 (PST), Richo
> <m.richa...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> On Feb 23, 8:56 pm, Waldo Tunnel<waldotun...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> there are a number of self identified atheists here in
>>> a.a. who are as dogmatic as any theist.

>>> Here is a list of atheists that seem to qualify. Strictly my opinion
>>> of course:
>>>
>>> Alex W.
>>>
>>> Fidem Turbare, atheist goddess"
>>>
>>> DanielSan
>>>
>>> John Baker
>>>
>>> Mitchell Holman
>>>
>>> Sulfate
>>>
>>> Jim Burns
>>>
>>> Olrik

Vurgil,

Steve Knight,

Bukakke

et al

>>> ----
>>>
>>> Yes, I know. I missed a few. Ok, quite a few. Please nominate your own
>>> candidates to be on the list

Chris "Drillchuck" lee

>>> Thanks!
>>
>> The ranks have thinned.

Sure, I did a lot of the thinning in a.a. B^]

but the Atheist decline is repeated worldwide:

"At the dawn of the 20th Century approximately one half of the world's
population identified itself as either Muslim, Catholic, Protestant,
Hindu or Buddhist, and 100 years of secularism, and technological
advancement, and scientific progress later and that number is now
two thirds.

So, for those of you who enjoy beginning coffee shop
conversations with "The Death of God" .. it's time to change
the subject! It's time to talk about something else , because
it's not happening at all.

People are becoming more religious, not less religious,
and religion itself is also evolving"

- Dr Reza Aslan

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/bigideas/stories/2010/2929354.htm

>> Back in the day we had so many...

Atheism has been in decline since the atheist tyrannies of the
20th century: The Union of Savage Slaughter and Repressions,
Maoist China, Pol Pots genocidal Khmer Rouge, and Nth Korea

Most people celebrate the decline of Atheism.

> We've always had the ones who stay a while and then move on

Nemotoad
Virgil
Hypatia
Trance Stupor
Carey Kitterel
DuhIdiot
AZ Nomad
Robibnikoff
Kilmir
Smiler
Douglas Berry
pbamvv
Uncle Vic
johac
Louis 14
Frank Mayhar
Tim McGauchy
Vipera Berus

All scalps hanging in my trophy room! B^]

> Unfortunately, the trolls have gotten so bad in recent years

# From: Trance Gemini <trance...@gmail.com>
# Newsgroups: alt.atheism
# Subject: Re: A.A. BAAWA - FAQ
# Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 05:05:13 -0700 (PDT)
#
# On Sep 26, 5:46=A0am, Steve Knight <sknigh...@cox.net> wrote:
# >
# > We kill theists and shit down their throats
# >
# > Warlord Steve
# > BAAWA
#
# ------------------------------------------------------------------
# BAAWA Knightette (?) Applicant

Trance, another troll I took care of, who denies the existence
of Militant Atheist thugs, here is seen signing up to Kill theists
and shit down their throats. 8^o

> that they've driven many of the long-time regulars away.

Shame made them run away, shame and public humiliation.

> I miss the days when service providers actually did something about
> trolls.

You would have lost Vurgil the post forger, Warlord Steve, the violent
thug and Bukakke who claims she can disprove Creation, in posts she
CREATES! YOu would certainly have lost FDrillChuck Lee! 8^o

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAA

# From: Budikka666 <budi...@netscape.net>
# Newsgroups:
alt.atheism,alt.religion,alt.religion.christian,alt.agnosticism
# Date: Sat, 19 Dec 2009 03:38:16 -0800 (PST)
#
# You can keep your spiritual values.
# I'll piss on them and pass on them.
#
# Budikka

> I wonder what makes a person so shallow, so mean-spirited and so
> utterly devoid of common human decency that they can find nothing
> better to do with their time than harrass complete strangers for no
> good reason.

Atheism, apparently, as Chris Lee demonstrates:

# From: "John Fraser" <jfr...@ns.sympatico.ca>
# Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian.pentecostal,alt.atheism
# Subject: Merry Christmas
# Date: Thu, 25 Dec 2008 10:21:03 -0400
#
# Hello Folks;
#
# I'd like to wish all of you a very Merry Christmas
# and a safe holiday season. Phil 4:8.
#
# Cheers,
# John

# From: Christopher A. Lee <ca...@optonline.net>
# Newsgroups: alt.religion.christian.pentecostal,alt.atheism
# Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2008 16:24:01 -0500
#
# "go fuck yourself with your crucifix in a drill chuck'.

> But at the risk of being flamed, I'll state my opinion:

# From: John Baker <nu...@bizniz.net>
# Newsgroups: alt.atheism
# Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 05:07:33 -0500
#
# Just wanted to say farewell to everyone.
# I've been giving it quite a
# lot of thought lately, and I've
# decided it's time for me to move on.
#
# I've finally reached the end of my rope.
#
# I've simply had all I can stand
@
# I just can't handle it anymore.
#
# I don't see myself continuing

# I'm going to end up going postal.

Can someone call Suicide Watch! 8^o

> much to blame for a.a's current sorry state

It is a sorry state, just like every Atheist state
in history, and it's all your own doing, you sad-sack losers.

>> Mark
>> (a lingering ghost from the past...)

Your sheltered workshop is full of such troubled spirits;

"Among all my patients in the second half of life, that is, over
thirty-five, there has not been one whose problem in the last
resort was not that of finding a religious outlook on life.
It is safe to say that every one of them fell ill because
he had lost that which the living religions of every age
have given their followers, and none of them has really
been healed who did not regain his religious outlook."

-Carl G. Jung Modern Man in Search of a Soul

# From: Steve Knight <skni...@cox.net>
# Newsgroups: alt.atheism
# Date: Sat, 26 Sep 2009 02:46:34 -0700
#
# We're here to talk about our own personal issues as atheists

B^D

Shouldn't your therapist have to hear that, not us!?

B^D

That's the reason a.a. is in decline, your "personal issues" are
serious personality disorders!

fasgnadh

Feb 25, 2012, 8:57:05 AM2/25/12
On 25/02/2012 2:41 PM, Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess
wrote:
> On 2012-Feb-24 19:31, Smiler wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 22:17:20 -0800, Fidem Turbare, the non-existent
>> atheist goddess wrote:

Warlord(snicker) Steve
Bukakke
Trance Stupor
Nemotoad
Virgil
Hypatia
Carey Kitterel
DuhIdiot
AZ Nomad
Robibnikoff
Kilmir
Smiler
Douglas Berry
pbamvv
Uncle Vic
johac
Louis 14
Frank Mayhar
Tim McGauchy
Vipera Berus

All scalps on my trophy wall.

There is only one who has ever admitted the truth
about the failure of atheism:

# From: raven1 <quotht...@nevermore.com>
# Newsgroups: alt.atheism
Bjarnyard? B^D
# Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 21:15:11 -0500
#
# There has never been a "Great, Enduring Atheist Civilization"

# From: raven1 <quotht...@nevermore.com>
# Newsgroups: alt.atheism
# and Kelsey Bjarnyard? B^D
# Date: Sun, 21 Dec 2008 21:15:11 -0500
#
#
# > raven1 wrote:
# >
# >> Even under officially atheistic regimes such as Stalin's,

No one else found any names to nominate, to date!

Perhaps someone could nominate some of the many atheists who
have given the whole stupid atheist nonsense away?

>>> There are likely many names that have been forgotten...

Sorry, who are you ?

BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAAAA

>>> I just performed a quick count, and it appears that alt.atheism has had
>>> at least 58,000 different posters since its inception.
>>
>> What percentage were atheists

0.7%

>> and what percentage were religious

80%

And what percentage were BAAWA

>> morons?

all of them.

> Good question.

Even better answers from the ARIS data.

# Subject: Re: US religious now at 85% - It's GOD in a LANDSLIDE!!!
# -Atheists wallow at 2.3% worldwide, 0.7% in the USA! -a pitiful
# fraction of the minority of non-believers! B^D
#
# From: fasgnadh <fasg...@yahoo.com.au>
# Newsgroups:
# alt.atheism,aus.religion,alt.religion,aus.politics,
# alt.politics.republicans, alt.politics.democrats,uk.politics.misc
# Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 12:07:32 GMT
#
# American Religious Identification Survey, Summary Report March 2009:
#
# "Self-identification of U.S. Adult Population by Religious Tradition
#
# 2001 2008
#
# Religious 167,254,000 (80%) 182,198,000 (80%)
#
# Agnostics 991,000 (0.5%) 1,985,000 (0.9%)
#
# Atheists 902,000 (0.4%) 1,621,000 (0.7%)
#
#
#
# BWAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHAHAAHAHAHAAHAHAA!
#
#
# 0.7% of Americans!! B^D
#
#
# EVEN THE AGNOSTICS BEAT YOU!!! **AND** they grew FASTER!!!! B^D

719,000 increase in 7 years!
Meanwhile in One nation, China, over the same period, there were
300,000,000 new believers! 8^o

Atheists are only 4% of non-believers
96% of non-believers reject atheism!

Alex W.

Feb 25, 2012, 9:18:29 AM2/25/12
On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 03:58:58 -0800 (PST), Waldo Tunnel wrote:

> On Feb 23, 3:48 pm, chibiabos <chibia...@nospam.com> wrote:
>> In article <XnsA0026CE3565BEaskifyouwan...@216.196.97.131>, Doc

>>> I'll nominate myself as irrational--it's more fun that way =)
>>
>> Rationality is overrated.
>
> It can be. It depends if you want to know the "truth" or not. Not a
> simple question to answer. But atheists need rationality going for
> them. Otherwise what an individual believes is just his religion. He
> believes because he wants to. Isn't that what Christians do?

Depends.
You do get a lot of rational Christians (or believers of other
faiths) who have no trouble squaring a personal faith with an
acceptance of science and technology.

For contrast, consider also rational atheists who nevertheless
may be prey to superstitions (broken mirrors, black cats etc) or
political ideologies. Or pseudo-science: is an atheist still
rational if he insists on believing in unprovable and indeed
untenable theories such as racism?

mr_antone

Feb 25, 2012, 9:43:13 AM2/25/12
OK
I find some Southern Baptists to be the most intolerant.
My niece for example.

>> I'm a rational atheist with a sense of humor.
>
>Outtasite! Welcome to the club. You're on the list.

Nice to be here.

mr_antone

Christopher A. Lee

Feb 25, 2012, 9:52:56 AM2/25/12
On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 08:43:13 -0600, mr_antone <mr_a...@see.reply.to>
wrote:

>>>though I find the Southern Baptists to be the most intolerant.
>>
>>Jimmy Carter?
>
>OK
>I find some Southern Baptists to be the most intolerant.
>My niece for example.

Carter ceased to be a Southern Baptist in 2000 because they were too
intolerant.

raven1

Zacharias Mulletstein

Feb 25, 2012, 12:33:39 PM2/25/12

"Christopher A. Lee" <ca...@optonline.net> wrote in message
> On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 02:05:33 -0800, DanielSan
> <daniel...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>On 2/23/2012 1:56 AM, Waldo Tunnel wrote:
>>> The atheist point of view does not necessarily indicate a rational
>>> mind. In fact there are a number of self identified atheists here in
>>> a.a. who are as dogmatic as any theist.
>>>
>>> Screw 'em.
>>>
>>> What distinguishes rational atheists from the knee-jerk variety is an
>>> open mind.
>
> What are we supposed to have an open mind about?
>
> And what does the nym-shifting troll imagine the other atheists are
> closed minded about?
>
>>> Here is a list of atheists that seem to qualify. Strictly my opinion
>>> of course:
>>>
>>> Alex W.
>>>
>>> Fidem Turbare, atheist goddess"
>>>
>>> DanielSan
>>>
>>> John Baker
>>>
>>> Mitchell Holman
>>>
>>> Sulfate
>>>
>>> Jim Burns
>>>
>>> Olrik
>>>
>>> ----
>>>
>>> Yes, I know. I missed a few. Ok, quite a few. Please nominate your own
>>> candidates to be on the list of "rational atheists."
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>
>>You're going to ruin my reputation, Waldo.
>
> Pretty much all of us are rational.
>
> If the anonynous coward hiding behind the nym "Waldo Tunnel" is who I
> think he is, there are various atheist positions he doesn't understand
> and refuses to accept that he dismisses as irrational.

He's Mike Lowell aka Colanth of New Haven, CT. He is also the "athiest
goddess," He has many nyms. He changes it every few months. That's why
Colanth disappeared when Mike Lowell appeared and then Mike disappeared when
Waldo appeared.

Who do you think he is?

Zacharias Mulletstein

Feb 25, 2012, 12:36:40 PM2/25/12
"John Baker" <nu...@bizniz.net> wrote in message
> I miss the days when service providers actually did something about
> trolls. Sadly, these days it seems like not paying the bill is the
> only "abuse" that'll get an account terminated.

Why do you hate free speech? This chatroom is unmoderated and you can say
anything.

Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess

Feb 25, 2012, 12:41:10 PM2/25/12
You chose to be a regular participant here in alt.atheism, which means
that you and your bug spray have become a part of this online community
whether you like it or not.

--
Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess
I do not hate anyone who posts the truth; in fact, to the contrary, I

Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess

Feb 25, 2012, 12:45:29 PM2/25/12
As I suspect there may be a few super sock puppets too (capes and all),
there should be a sub-category to help us to know that we a better
puppet show overall.

--
Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess
Mmmmm, whipped cream ... it's appalling to some, and appealing to others.

Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess

Feb 25, 2012, 12:48:42 PM2/25/12
I didn't remove duplicate e-mail addresses (many names changed a few
times although the e-mail addresses remained the same) so the number
could be a bit lower.

--
Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess
"Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through

Waldo Tunnel

Feb 25, 2012, 1:14:01 PM2/25/12
Clearly fasgnadh is fascinated by atheists to the degree he has been
archiving atheists posts for _years_ now. (see below)

On Feb 25, 4:41 am, fasgnadh <fasgn...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On 23/02/2012 8:56 PM, Waldo Tunnel wrote:
>
>  > there are a number of self identified atheists here in
> a.a. who are as dogmatic as any theist.

> > Here is a list of atheists that seem to qualify. Strictly my opinion
> > of course:
>
> > Alex W.
>
> > Fidem Turbare, atheist goddess"
>
> > DanielSan
>
> # From: DanielSan <danielsan1...@gmail.com>
> # Newsgroups: alt.atheism,alt.agnosticism,alt.philosophy,aus.politics
> # Subject: Re: Why do atheists claim to be a religion?
> #          was Re: Lucy FACTOID 101
> # Date: Sun, 08 Jan 2012 23:47:10 -0800
> #
> # On 1/8/2012 11:40 PM, Swampfox wrote:
> # > On 9/01/2012 6:31 PM, felix_unger wrote:
> #
> # >> So is a new born baby an atheist?
> # >
> # > No, that's absurd, neither is a cat.
> #
> # Sorry, Swampfox, but they are.
>
> "Atheists are Pussies"   B^D

Is this supposed to mean something? D^X

> > John Baker
>
> # From: John Baker <nu...@bizniz.net>
> # Newsgroups: alt.atheism
> # Subject: Another One Bites The Dust
> # Date: Tue, 02 Dec 2008 05:07:33 -0500
> #
> # Just wanted to say farewell to everyone.
> # I've been giving it quite a
> # lot of thought lately, and I've
> # decided it's time for me to move on.
> #
> # I've finally reached the end of my rope.
> #
> # I've simply had all I can stand
> @
> # I just can't handle it anymore.
> #
> # I don't see myself continuing
>
> # I'm going to end up going postal.

This is the best fasgnadh can come up with.

> > Mitchell Holman
>
> > Sulfate
>
> > Jim Burns
>
> > Olrik
>
> Olrik claims he has a Divine Right to lie about you
> if he doesn't know the truth(which is always):
>
> # From: Olrik <olrik...@yahoo.com>
> # Newsgroups: alt.atheism,alt.agnosticism,alt.religion
> # Subject: Re: fasgnadh is defective
> # Date: Sun, 06 Jun 2010 18:31:59 -0400
> #
> # I can claim whatever I want. One day I say you're an atheist,
> # then I claim you're a muslim.

I actually chased this quote down (fasgnadh obscured it for obvious
reasons). fasgnadh Left a bit out. Do you want to admit to and reveal
your omission, fasgnadh, or shall I?

[...]

"One thing you can't hide
Is when you're crippled inside" -- J. Lennon

Waldo Tunnel

Feb 25, 2012, 1:28:26 PM2/25/12
On Feb 25, 9:08 am, raven1 <quoththera...@nevermore.com> wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 03:58:58 -0800 (PST), Waldo Tunnel
> <waldotun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >On Feb 23, 3:48 pm, chibiabos <chibia...@nospam.com> wrote:

[...]

> >> Rationality is overrated.
>
> >It can be. It depends if you want to know the "truth" or not. Not a
> >simple question to answer. But atheists need rationality going for
> >them. Otherwise what an individual believes is just his religion. He
> >believes because he wants to. Isn't that what Christians do?
>
> I think you're over-simplifying things a bit here.

It is hard not to, given one paragraph and the subject under
discussion.

> Unless one is a Vulcan, no one is rational in all things all the time.

Nor is it desirable. Good point.

Don Martin

Feb 25, 2012, 1:51:34 PM2/25/12
On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 06:52:56 -0800, Christopher A. Lee <ca...@optonline.net>
wrote:
Did he? He is one of the very few religious politicians that I admire, and this
improves my opinion of him.

Fidei defensor (Hon. Antipodean)
The Squeeky Wheel: http://home.comcast.net/~drdonmartin/

Zacharias Mulletstein

Feb 25, 2012, 2:01:10 PM2/25/12

"Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess" <god...@fidemturbare.com>
wrote in message news:I292r.6068$iy4....@newsfe19.iad...
Are you saying that I'm welcome here? Yay!

Waldo Tunnel

Feb 25, 2012, 2:02:19 PM2/25/12
On Feb 24, 10:11 pm, "Zacharias Mulletstein"
<zachariasmulletst...@isalwaysright.com> wrote:
> "Doc Smartass" <FortbrickG...@yahoobrick.com> wrote in message

> > "Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess"
> > <godd...@fidemturbare.com> wrote in

What about my guitar you promised to buy? It is still only $425.

raven1

Feb 25, 2012, 2:08:12 PM2/25/12
On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 11:26:09 -0600, Robert Parker
<Dontb...@netportusa.com> wrote:
>And just how do you know that any atheist, fit's any part of those superstition, or racial
>superiority. I have never encountered an atheist, that is any of these.

There are, in fact, neo-Nazi racist atheists. Here's an example, a
Google search will reveal more:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Church_of_the_Creator

raven1

Feb 25, 2012, 2:09:48 PM2/25/12
On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 10:14:01 -0800 (PST), Waldo Tunnel
<waldo...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Clearly fasgnadh is fascinated by atheists to the degree he has been
>archiving atheists posts for _years_ now. (see below)

He also has a particular pathology that prevents him from seeing the
difference between atheists being irrational and atheists mocking him.

Waldo Tunnel

Feb 25, 2012, 2:12:41 PM2/25/12
My point is about the belief or non belief in a god. Atheists like to
claim that their atheism is a conclusion forced upon them by the
facts. If so, that is significantly different from religious belief.
Atheism should not require faith. But I see that here to some degree.

Free Lunch

Feb 25, 2012, 2:14:54 PM2/25/12
On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 18:42:53 -0800, "Fidem Turbare, the non-existent
atheist goddess" <god...@fidemturbare.com> wrote in alt.atheism:

>On 2012-Feb-24 09:00, Free Lunch wrote:
>> On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 10:30:14 -0600, Robert Parker
>> <Dontb...@netportusa.com> wrote in alt.atheism:

>>> The choice appears to be rational VS dogmatic. With no description of the qualification for either
>>> group. It appears that I am either dogmatic, or being shunned. I prefer to be shunned by religious
>>> folks. The J.W. no longer talk to me, even when I am enjoying a cold glass of tea, on the front
>>> porch. Too bad I rather enjoyed, preaching to them, using their own bible, I have several all gifts.
>>
>> I've gone for decades being ignored by the JW and LDS.
>
>At least you're not being hounded by Scientologists.

That would require me to be famous and have money.

Zacharias Mulletstein

Feb 25, 2012, 2:15:40 PM2/25/12

"Waldo Tunnel" <waldo...@gmail.com> wrote in message
I don't want a Gibson. Gibson is owned by a CEO who is a pop Republican.
He hates the Democrats so bad that he's about to pop. The Fender CEO is
Democratic.

Waldo Tunnel

Feb 25, 2012, 1:18:29 PM2/25/12
fasgnadh sez:

Nemotoad
Virgil
Hypatia
Trance Stupor
Carey Kitterel
DuhIdiot
AZ Nomad
Robibnikoff
Kilmir
Smiler
Douglas Berry
pbamvv
Uncle Vic
johac
Louis 14
Frank Mayhar
Tim McGauchy
Vipera Berus

All scalps hanging in my trophy room! B^]
--------

You have delusions of adequacy, sport.

raven1

Feb 25, 2012, 3:28:54 PM2/25/12
The absence thereof would be closer. Until and unless anyone can
provide compelling evidence that any kind of deity exists, atheism is
the rational default position.

> If so, that is significantly different from religious belief.
>Atheism should not require faith. But I see that here to some degree.

How so?

Vurgil

Feb 25, 2012, 3:50:50 PM2/25/12
In article <Qw52r.3621$%E2....@viwinnwfe01.internal.bigpond.com>,
Albert Einstein springs immediately to mind:

On 22 March 1954 Einstein received a letter from J. Dispentiere, an
Italian immigrant who had worked as an experimental machinist in New
Jersey. Dispentiere had declared himself an atheist and was despaired by
a news report which had cast Einstein as conventionally religious.
Einstein replied on 24 March 1954:
It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious
convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated.
I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied
this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me
which can be called religious then it is the unbounded
admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science
can reveal it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein's_religious_views

Vurgil

Feb 25, 2012, 3:52:37 PM2/25/12
In article <XM52r.3622$%E2....@viwinnwfe01.internal.bigpond.com>,
And don't forget Albert Einstein

Vurgil

Feb 25, 2012, 4:16:49 PM2/25/12
In article <9Q42r.3617$%E2....@viwinnwfe01.internal.bigpond.com>,
fasgnadh <fasg...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 24/02/2012 1:08 AM, raven1 wrote:
> > On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 01:56:33 -0800 (PST), Waldo Tunnel
> > <waldo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> >> there are a number of self identified atheists here in
> >> a.a. who are as dogmatic as any theist.

Premier among them, though no longer in a position to post, should be
ALBERT EINSTEIN.

Vurgil

Feb 25, 2012, 4:18:30 PM2/25/12
In article <bG42r.3616$%E2...@viwinnwfe01.internal.bigpond.com>,
fasgnadh <fasg...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On 23/02/2012 8:56 PM, Waldo Tunnel wrote:
> >
> > there are a number of self identified atheists
> > who are as dogmatic as any theist.

Heading up any such list should be Albert Einstein.

Vurgil

Feb 25, 2012, 4:20:01 PM2/25/12
In article <v252r.3618$%E2....@viwinnwfe01.internal.bigpond.com>,
fasgnadh <fasg...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Richo acknowledges the decline of Atheism:
> > On Feb 23, 8:56 pm, Waldo Tunnel<waldotun...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >>
> >> there are a number of self identified atheists here in
> >> a.a. who are as dogmatic as any theist.
>
> about 100% of them.

Including Albert Einstein

On 22 March 1954 Einstein received a letter from J. Dispentiere, an
Italian immigrant who had worked as an experimental machinist in New
Jersey. Dispentiere had declared himself an atheist and was despaired by
a news report which had cast Einstein as conventionally religious.
Einstein replied on 24 March 1954:
It was, of course, a lie what you read about my religious
convictions, a lie which is being systematically repeated.
I do not believe in a personal God and I have never denied
this but have expressed it clearly. If something is in me
which can be called religious then it is the unbounded
admiration for the structure of the world so far as our science
can reveal it.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Albert_Einstein's_religious_views

After two hours of conversation, Professor Dawkins walks
far afield. He talks of the possibility that we might
co-evolve with computers, a silicon destiny. And heąs
intrigued by the playful, even soul-stirring writings
of Freeman Dyson, the theoretical physicist.

In one essay, Professor Dyson casts millions of speculative
years into the future. Our galaxy is dying and humans have
evolved into something like bolts of superpowerful
intelligent and moral energy."

[So the context of discussion is now established as being
in Dyson's far future, and the following must be interpreted
in that context]

"Doesnąt that description sound an awful lot like God?"

[Again establishing that the context is Dyson's future universe]

łCertainly,˛ Professor Dawkins replies. łItąs highly
plausible that in the [Dyson future] universe there
are God-like creatures.˛

He raises his hand, just in case a reader thinks heąs gone
around a religious bend. łItąs very important to
understand that these [future] Gods came into being by an
explicable scientific progression of incremental evolution.˛

Could they be immortal?

The professor shrugs. łProbably not.˛ He smiles and adds ,
łBut I wouldnąt want to be too dogmatic about that.˛

The complete article appeared in print on September 20, 2011, in

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/09/20/science/20dawkins.html?pagewanted=all

abelard

Feb 25, 2012, 4:32:07 PM2/25/12
On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 14:20:01 -0700, Vurgil <Vur...@arg.erg> wrote:

>In article <v252r.3618$%E2....@viwinnwfe01.internal.bigpond.com>,
> fasgnadh <fasg...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
>> Richo acknowledges the decline of Atheism:

>> about 100% of them.
>
>Including Albert Einstein

you're in a right panic you big girl's blouse...

why did god say einstein does not play dice....?

how did he know?

--
web site at www.abelard.org - news comment service, logic, economics
energy, education, politics, etc over 1 million document calls in year past

John Locke

Feb 25, 2012, 5:41:28 PM2/25/12
On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 13:51:34 -0500, Don Martin
<drdon...@comcast.net> wrote:

>On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 06:52:56 -0800, Christopher A. Lee <ca...@optonline.net>
>wrote:

>>>OK
>>>I find some Southern Baptists to be the most intolerant.
>>>My niece for example.
>>
>>Carter ceased to be a Southern Baptist in 2000 because they were too
>>intolerant.
>
>Did he? He is one of the very few religious politicians that I admire, and this
>improves my opinion of him.

Ditto. The man is really quite amazing. Some may not remember his
challange to dismantle the Chalk River, Canada reactor after a partial
melt down:

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=439x798238

EXCERPT...

The fear and danger is beyond comprehension for most people, and in
particular the political leaders who must order men in to danger. But
interestingly, it is not unfamiliar to former American president Jimmy
Carter. Nearly half a century ago, as a young naval officer, he led a
23-man team to dismantle a reactor that, like Fukushima, had partially
melted down.

The reactor in Chalk River, Canada, about 180 kilometres (110 miles)
from Ottawa, was used to enrich plutonium for America's atomic bombs.
On December 12th 1952 it exploded, flooding the reactor building’s
basement with millions of litres of radioactive water. Lieutenant
Carter, a nuclear specialist on the Seawolf submarine programme, and
his men were among the few people with the security clearance to enter
a reactor. From Schenectady, New York, they rode the train up and got
straight to work.

"The radiation intensity meant that each person could spend only about
ninety seconds at the hot core location," wrote Mr Carter in "Why Not
the Best?", an autobiography published in 1975 when he was campaigning
for the presidency.

The team built an exact replica of the reactor on a nearby tennis
court, and had cameras monitor the actual damage in the reactor's
core. "When it was our time to work, a team of three of us practised
several times on the mock-up, to be sure we had the correct tools and
knew exactly how to use them. Finally, outfitted with white protective
clothes, we descended into the reactor and worked frantically for our
allotted time," he wrote. "Each time our men managed to remove a bolt
or fitting from the core, the equivalent piece was removed on the
mock-up."

Christopher A. Lee

Feb 25, 2012, 5:57:12 PM2/25/12
On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 14:41:28 -0800, John Locke <john...@comcast.net>
Thanks. I didn't know that.

Sulfate

Feb 25, 2012, 5:59:49 PM2/25/12
On Feb 25, 12:14 pm, Waldo Tunnel <waldotun...@gmail.com> wrote:
<snip>
> I actually chased this quote down (fasgnadh obscured it for obvious
> reasons). fasgnadh Left a bit out. Do you want to admit to and reveal
> your omission, fasgnadh, or shall I?
<snip>

It really isn't worth your time. The guy's been playing the same
"atheism murders babies and cripples" (or whatever) record for years
now. He makes unnecessarily gigantic posts filled with emoticons of
his own devising, quoting conversations that never happened and facts
he gathered from various hand-picked propaganda sources. Refuting the
ridiculous is an admirable goal, don't get me wrong, but
fasgakjhsejkhat is best treated with the nonchalance he so adamantly
deserves.

Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess

Feb 25, 2012, 6:30:46 PM2/25/12
I never contended that you're welcome to be a part of this community.

Being so quick to jump to a conclusion generally means that the real
conclusion (which tends to be opposite) is actually already understood.

--
Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess
"Science is Sober, Religion is Drunk."

Alex W.

Feb 25, 2012, 6:32:48 PM2/25/12
On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 11:26:09 -0600, Robert Parker wrote:

> On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 14:18:29 +0000, "Alex W." <ing...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>>> It can be. It depends if you want to know the "truth" or not. Not a
>>> simple question to answer. But atheists need rationality going for
>>> them. Otherwise what an individual believes is just his religion. He
>>> believes because he wants to. Isn't that what Christians do?
>>
>>Depends.
>>You do get a lot of rational Christians (or believers of other
>>faiths) who have no trouble squaring a personal faith with an
>>acceptance of science and technology.
>>
>>For contrast, consider also rational atheists who nevertheless
>>may be prey to superstitions (broken mirrors, black cats etc) or
>>political ideologies. Or pseudo-science: is an atheist still
>>rational if he insists on believing in unprovable and indeed
>>untenable theories such as racism?
>
> And just how do you know that any atheist, fit's any part of those superstition, or racial
> superiority. I have never encountered an atheist, that is any of these.

At the risk of invoking Goodwin, the Nazis were a prime example
of this. They expended serious energy on "proving" their racial
theories using scientific tools and being otherwise of a
seriously unbelieving bent.

More generally, I would be surprised in the extreme if we
couldn't rustle up some atheists even in the esteemed (if
self-selected) sample of this newsgroup who have little
luck-bringing rituals, the odd little superstition, maybe a
reluctance to sleep in hotel rooms on the 13th floor or similar.

Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess

Feb 25, 2012, 6:33:29 PM2/25/12
It seems that you tend to disfavour anything that is "pop" -- what are
your thoughts on soda pop, fathers, and e-mail protocols like POP3?

--
Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess
"A person who dares to waste one hour of time has not discovered the

Alex W.

Feb 25, 2012, 6:34:02 PM2/25/12
On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 13:14:54 -0600, Free Lunch wrote:

> On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 18:42:53 -0800, "Fidem Turbare, the non-existent
> atheist goddess" <god...@fidemturbare.com> wrote in alt.atheism:

>>At least you're not being hounded by Scientologists.
>
> That would require me to be famous and have money.

If you were famous and had money, you wouldn't be hounded by
them; you'd be courted and seduced.

They tend to actively hound only those who dare to leave the
faith and talk about their experiences.

Alex W.

Feb 25, 2012, 7:02:35 PM2/25/12
For some, undoubtedly, their atheism is a core conviction,
forming a central plank in the construct of their worldview. It
may be different from faith in its particulars, but the effect of
questioning such a fundamental part of their mindset is quite
comparable to the reaction one gets from god-botherers when they
are prodded: they get defensive-aggressive. Basic human
behaviour, in other words, that may be observed equally well with
other central aspects of personality and world-view such as
patriotism or sexuality.

Another reason for your observation may lie in the scientific
grounding, or rather the lack thereof, of some atheists. They
reject the faith-based philosophies but at the same time they do
not themselves have the educational background and knowledge to
follow the language and understand the concepts of science. A
computer or a microwave oven may be the technological expression
of solid science, but they haven't the foggiest notion how and
why these gagets actually work. Instead, they take them and
their underlying principles on trust. IOW, they believe. This
can lead to an argumentation and mode of expression that is quite
similar to a True Believer who has a similar attitude. That one
can be proven and the other cannot is not germane to the
impression you get.

Zacharias Mulletstein

Feb 25, 2012, 7:23:55 PM2/25/12

"Fidem Turbare, the non-existent atheist goddess" <god...@fidemturbare.com>
wrote in message news:_ce2r.11871$np3....@newsfe05.iad...
I don't like pop soda pop, fox fathers, or power POP3.

DanielSan

Feb 25, 2012, 7:44:17 PM2/25/12
On 2/25/2012 9:26 AM, Robert Parker wrote:
> On Sat, 25 Feb 2012 14:18:29 +0000, "Alex W."<ing...@yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

>>> It can be. It depends if you want to know the "truth" or not. Not a
>>> simple question to answer. But atheists need rationality going for
>>> them. Otherwise what an individual believes is just his religion. He
>>> believes because he wants to. Isn't that what Christians do?
>>
>> Depends.
>> You do get a lot of rational Christians (or believers of other
>> faiths) who have no trouble squaring a personal faith with an
>> acceptance of science and technology.
>>
>> For contrast, consider also rational atheists who nevertheless
>> may be prey to superstitions (broken mirrors, black cats etc) or
>> political ideologies. Or pseudo-science: is an atheist still
>> rational if he insists on believing in unprovable and indeed
>> untenable theories such as racism?
>
> And just how do you know that any atheist, fit's any part of those superstition, or racial
> superiority. I have never encountered an atheist, that is any of these.

For a while, I avoided cracks in the sidewalk because of that "Step on a
crack and you break your mother's back" saying. Then I turned three
years old.

Smiler

Feb 25, 2012, 7:53:26 PM2/25/12
On Fri, 24 Feb 2012 19:28:20 -0800, Panama Floyd wrote:

> On Feb 24, 10:24 pm, Smiler <Youmus...@JoeKing.com> wrote:
>> On Thu, 23 Feb 2012 18:36:53 -0500, Don Martin wrote:

>> > Kelsey Bjarnason, David Canzi, Alex W., Hannele, Mike Painter, Jeanne
>> > Douglas, and the ineffable Smiler (fundies have said "f___ you" to him
>> > many times in the past to absolutely no effect).
>>
>> Hence in'F'able...
>> But it does have an affect. It shows me that the arse kicking I gave them
>> has hit the target area.
>
> Better than aerial recon! (insert thumbs up icon here..)

I wouldn't want pictures of those areas, even if taken from 40,000 ft.

--
Smiler,

The godless one. a.a.# 2279

It is loading more messages.