Is The Bible Evidence?

Ivan The Terrible

May 20, 2020, 11:09:32 PM5/20/20
The bible is evidence. It is witness testimony and in most cases, we know who wrote it. Shall we ignore evidence because the witness has died? How foolish! Using that standard, we would discard completely most libraries. All our history books would be rendered useless, as would most of our science books and math books. Isaac Newton is dead. Shall we therefore discard what he wrote?
Galileo is dead. Shall we therefore discard what he wrote?
Clarence Darrow is past on. Shall we discard what he wrote? How about Supreme Ct Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes?

Shall we discard the Gettysburg Address because Abe Lincoln is dead?
How about the Founding Fathers? Is our Constitution useless because they are all deceased?

The Rules of evidence in all 50 states allow the introduction of witness testimony. Of course, it is always wise to verify evidence with other testimony or cross examination, but that still leaves the original testimony for consideration by the judge or jury.

We can verify evidence by examining the lives of the speaker to evaluate his credibility and this is useful for the bible. Was Moses an honest man? Were the apostles honest men? How about Matthew, John and Paul?

Miloch

May 21, 2020, 12:15:58 AM5/21/20
In article <78f4bc29-2828-4304...@googlegroups.com>, Ivan The
Terrible says...

>The bible is evidence. It is witness testimony and in most cases, we know w=
>ho wrote it. Shall we ignore evidence because the witness has died? How foo=
>lish! Using that standard, we would discard completely most libraries. All =
>our history books would be rendered useless, as would most of our science b=
>ooks and math books. Isaac Newton is dead. Shall we therefore discard what =
>he wrote?
>Galileo is dead. Shall we therefore discard what he wrote?
>Clarence Darrow is past on. Shall we discard what he wrote? How about Supre=
>me Ct Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes?
>
>Shall we discard the Gettysburg Address because Abe Lincoln is dead?
>How about the Founding Fathers? Is our Constitution useless because they ar=
>e all deceased?=20
>
>The Rules of evidence in all 50 states allow the introduction of witness te=
>stimony. Of course, it is always wise to verify evidence with other testimo=
>ny or cross examination, but that still leaves the original testimony for c=
>onsideration by the judge or jury.
>
>We can verify evidence by examining the lives of the speaker to evaluate hi=
>s credibility and this is useful for the bible. Was Moses an honest man? We=
>re the apostles honest men? How about Matthew, John and Paul?

Say what ya want, Igor...but there's no "film at 11"...video or it didn't
happen.

*

Oko tillo

May 21, 2020, 12:52:48 AM5/21/20
On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 8:09:32 PM UTC-7, Ivan The Terrible wrote:
==
> The bible is evidence. It is witness testimony and in most cases, we know who wrote it.

Do we?

For example, a quick glance at the Wikipedia pages on the Gospels

Most scholars believe the gospel [of Matthew] was composed between AD 80 and 90,
with a range of possibility between AD 70 to 110; a pre-70 date remains a
minority view. The work does not identify its author, and the early tradition
attributing it to the apostle Matthew is rejected by modern scholars.

The Gospel of Mark is anonymous. It was written in Greek for a gentile audience,
probably in Rome, although Galilee, Antioch (third-largest city in the Roman
Empire, located in northern Syria), and southern Syria have also been suggested.
Early Christian tradition attributes it to the John Mark mentioned in Acts, but
scholars generally reject this as an attempt to link the gospel to an
authoritative figure

Luke-Acts does not name its author. According to Church tradition this was Luke
the Evangelist, the companion of Paul, but while this view is still occasionally
put forward the scholarly consensus emphasises the many contradictions between
Acts and the authentic Pauline letters. The most probable date for its
composition is around AD 80-110, and there is evidence that it was still being
revised well into the 2nd century

Like the three other gospels [John] is anonymous, although it identifies an
unnamed "disciple whom Jesus loved" as the source of its traditions. It reached
its final form around AD 90-110, most likely within a "Johannine community", but
the reconstruction of this community, and therefore the social, religious and
historical context of the gospel, has presented scholars with considerable
difficulties

How about the books of the Pentateuch? How much is known with total certainty
about their authors?
And how much is just tradition?

Oko

Ivan The Terrible

May 21, 2020, 12:59:10 AM5/21/20
On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 8:09:32 PM UTC-7, Ivan The Terrible wrote:
Here are the Federal Rules of Evidence

https://www.law.cornell.edu/rules/fre

Ivan The Terrible

May 21, 2020, 12:59:55 AM5/21/20
See article VI

michellemalkingmail.com

May 21, 2020, 1:12:25 AM5/21/20
Apparently, we've been using these rules of evidence against you.
How do you like that?

michellemalkingmail.com

May 21, 2020, 1:14:51 AM5/21/20
Yepsiedoodle. Fits you to a T.

Your posting history is perfect evidence.

Cloud Hobbit

May 21, 2020, 4:07:15 AM5/21/20
On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 8:09:32 PM UTC-7, Ivan The Terrible wrote:
It is evidence that people who wrote the bible were not thinking clearly and made up rules from their imaginary deity that they did not understand the consequences of those rules.

Because it is fatally flawed as history and as a philosophy it is time to through it out and find a more reasonable code of conduct and accept that the bible teaches evil things that human beings cannot hope to succeed at, plus the paranoia that comes from the ide that God is watching you every moment of your life. Worst of all if you even THINK something wrong in the eyes of God it is the same as doing the thing you thought about.

It seems very much like the authors are doing their best to instil fear into the minds of the flock so they would behave as the authors wanted. Like sheep.

Kevrob

May 21, 2020, 4:32:35 AM5/21/20
On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 4:07:15 AM UTC-4, Cloud Hobbit wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 8:09:32 PM UTC-7, Ivan The Terrible wrote:
> > The bible is evidence. It is witness testimony and in most cases, we know who wrote it. Shall we ignore evidence because the witness has died? How foolish! Using that standard, we would discard completely most libraries. All our history books would be rendered useless, as would most of our science books and math books. Isaac Newton is dead. Shall we therefore discard what he wrote?
> > Galileo is dead. Shall we therefore discard what he wrote?
> > Clarence Darrow is past on. Shall we discard what he wrote? How about Supreme Ct Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes?
> >
> > Shall we discard the Gettysburg Address because Abe Lincoln is dead?
> > How about the Founding Fathers? Is our Constitution useless because they are all deceased?
> >
> > The Rules of evidence in all 50 states....

Are irrelevant outside a court of law.

"Historical evidence" is what is relevant.

Try reading some of this:

https://www.hist.cam.ac.uk/prospective-undergrads/virtual-classroom/historical-sources-what

One can't cross-examine a long-dead author of a "sacred
scripture," who may not have originated a text, but might
have been committing to parchment, vellum, etc long existing
oral tradition. The same for the "editors" who decided which
books to include and which to leave out.

> >allow the introduction of witness testimony. Of course, it
> >is always wise to verify evidence with other testimony or cross
> >examination, but that still leaves the original testimony for
> >consideration by the judge or jury.
> >
> > We can verify evidence by examining the lives of the speaker to
> > evaluate his credibility and this is useful for the bible. Was
> > Moses an honest man?

A better question is "Was Moses?" Only a figure of legend gets
to write a description of his own funeral - and, of course.
Mark Twain.

> > Were the apostles honest men? How about Matthew, John

Which John? There's Paul and "deutero-Paul" naka "pseudo-Paul."

> It is evidence that people who wrote the bible were not thinking clearly
> and made up rules from their imaginary deity that they did not understand
> the consequences of those rules.
>
> Because it is fatally flawed as history and as a philosophy it is time to through it out and find a more reasonable code of conduct and accept that the bible teaches evil things that human beings cannot hope to succeed at, plus the paranoia that comes from the ide that God is watching you every moment of your life. Worst of all if you even THINK something wrong in the eyes of God it is the same as doing the thing you thought about.
>
> It seems very much like the authors are doing their best to instil fear into the minds of the flock so they would behave as the authors wanted. Like sheep.

Let's not forget that the various New Testament books were often
written decades after events described within were to have happened
and the canon not agreed upon for several centuries. The length
of time for compilation of the written Torah and other OT books is
even longer.

--
Kevin R
a.a #2310

Yap Honghor

May 21, 2020, 5:55:25 AM5/21/20
You really are mad....

Those writers of science and facts were dead, but their findings can be checked and verified!

Con stories of bible could not be verified or checked....find one person in present day who can walk on water and we could say it might be possible for the then stupid Jesus to walk on water!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

How about that???????????????????????????????????????????

Yap Honghor

May 21, 2020, 6:00:41 AM5/21/20
Even there was witness, there has to be multiple conditions, for example you could not be witnessing someone who got murdered 100m away in dim light when you could not see the color of the person, let alone his face!!!!

And for witness to testify any one walking on water, it had to be repeatable, not a magical once in occurrence!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kurt Nicklas

May 21, 2020, 6:00:43 AM5/21/20
On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 12:55:25 PM UTC+3, Yap Honghor wrote:
> On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 11:09:32 AM UTC+8, Ivan The Terrible wrote:
> > The bible is evidence. It is witness testimony and in most cases, we know who wrote it. Shall we ignore evidence because the witness has died? How foolish! Using that standard, we would discard completely most libraries. All our history books would be rendered useless, as would most of our science books and math books. Isaac Newton is dead. Shall we therefore discard what he wrote?
> > Galileo is dead. Shall we therefore discard what he wrote?
> > Clarence Darrow is past on. Shall we discard what he wrote? How about Supreme Ct Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes?
> >
> > Shall we discard the Gettysburg Address because Abe Lincoln is dead?
> > How about the Founding Fathers? Is our Constitution useless because they are all deceased?
> >
> > The Rules of evidence in all 50 states allow the introduction of witness testimony. Of course, it is always wise to verify evidence with other testimony or cross examination, but that still leaves the original testimony for consideration by the judge or jury.
> >
> > We can verify evidence by examining the lives of the speaker to evaluate his credibility and this is useful for the bible. Was Moses an honest man? Were the apostles honest men? How about Matthew, John and Paul?
>
> You really are mad....

As mad as you are, WuMao?

Ivan The Terrible

May 21, 2020, 6:08:06 AM5/21/20
I don't know why Yappo Jappo even comments on it. We know he can't understand it.

SkyEyes

May 21, 2020, 5:28:44 PM5/21/20
On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 9:52:48 PM UTC-7, Oko tillo wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 8:09:32 PM UTC-7, Ivan The Terrible wrote:
> ==
> > The bible is evidence. It is witness testimony and in most cases, we know who wrote it.
>
> Do we?
>
> For example, a quick glance at the Wikipedia pages on the Gospels
>

> Most scholars believe the gospel [of Matthew] was composed between AD 80 and 90,
> with a range of possibility between AD 70 to 110; a pre-70 date remains a
> minority view.

And when it was written the average life expectancy was 35-37 years. No way the author of Matthew, or any of the other gospels, could have been a "witness."

Brenda Nelson, A.A. #34
BAAWA Knight of the Golden Litterbox
Professor of Feline Thermometrics and Cat-Herding
skye...@cox.net

kitw...@gmail.com

May 21, 2020, 6:42:30 PM5/21/20
On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 5:28:44 PM UTC-4, SkyEyes wrote:
> On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 9:52:48 PM UTC-7, Oko tillo wrote:
> > On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 8:09:32 PM UTC-7, Ivan The Terrible wrote:
> > ==
> > > The bible is evidence. It is witness testimony and in most cases, we know who wrote it.
> >
> > Do we?
> >
> > For example, a quick glance at the Wikipedia pages on the Gospels
> >

> > Most scholars believe the gospel [of Matthew] was composed between AD 80 and 90,
> > with a range of possibility between AD 70 to 110; a pre-70 date remains a
> > minority view.
>
> And when it was written the average life expectancy was 35-37 years. No way the author of Matthew, or any of the other gospels, could have been a "witness."

That is the most outrageous statement I have seen in quite some time! Are you claiming that the mean life expectancy was only 35-37? Or are you claiming that the median life expectancy was only 35-37 years? And what ever became of the children of those who lived only some 35-37? They weren't even teenagers! How did they grow up? Please check your facts before posting.

-- Kit (kitw...@gmail.com)

JWS

May 21, 2020, 6:58:09 PM5/21/20
On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 5:42:30 PM UTC-5, kitw...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 5:28:44 PM UTC-4, SkyEyes wrote:
> > On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 9:52:48 PM UTC-7, Oko tillo wrote:
> > > On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 8:09:32 PM UTC-7, Ivan The Terrible wrote:
> > > ==
> > >
> > > Do we?
> > >
> > > For example, a quick glance at the Wikipedia pages on the Gospels
> > >

> > > Most scholars believe the gospel [of Matthew] was composed between AD 80 and 90,
> > > with a range of possibility between AD 70 to 110; a pre-70 date remains a
> > > minority view.
> >
> > And when it was written the average life expectancy was 35-37 years. No way the author of Matthew, or any of the other gospels, could have been a "witness."
> >

> That is the most outrageous statement I have seen in quite some time! Are you claiming that the mean life expectancy was only 35-37? Or are you claiming that the median life expectancy was only 35-37 years? And what ever became of the children of those who lived only some 35-37? They weren't even teenagers! How did they grow up? Please check your facts before posting.

How old does a woman have to be to have a child?

Cloud Hobbit

May 21, 2020, 7:11:33 PM5/21/20
JWS asked:

>How old does a woman have to be to have a child?

Depending on the girl as young as 11. I believe that is the youngest age on record but I wouldn't swear to it.

There is a risk to the health of the mother when pregnancy happens in girls that are too young that makes it potentially life threatening.

Cloud Hobbit

May 21, 2020, 7:14:37 PM5/21/20
Just found this so I need to correct myself.

Lina Medina. Lina Marcela Medina de Jurado (Spanish pronunciation: [ˈlina meˈðina]; born 23 September 1933) is a Peruvian woman who became the youngest confirmed mother in history, giving birth at age five years, seven months, and 21 days.

What kind of sick fucker has sex with a child of 4 or 5?

JWS

May 21, 2020, 7:43:26 PM5/21/20
Mad Joe.

JWS

May 21, 2020, 7:45:41 PM5/21/20
So it's extremely easy for a 36 year old woman
to have an 18 year old daughter now giving
birth to her grandchild.

Vincent Maycock

May 21, 2020, 8:09:05 PM5/21/20
On Thu, 21 May 2020 15:42:27 -0700 (PDT), kitw...@gmail.com wrote:

>On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 5:28:44 PM UTC-4, SkyEyes wrote:
>> On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 9:52:48 PM UTC-7, Oko tillo wrote:
>> > On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 8:09:32 PM UTC-7, Ivan The Terrible wrote:
>> > ==
>> >
>> > Do we?
>> >
>> > For example, a quick glance at the Wikipedia pages on the Gospels
>> >

>> > Most scholars believe the gospel [of Matthew] was composed between AD 80 and 90,
>> > with a range of possibility between AD 70 to 110; a pre-70 date remains a
>> > minority view.
>>
>> And when it was written the average life expectancy was 35-37 years. No way the author of Matthew, or any of the other gospels, could have been a "witness."
>>

>That is the most outrageous statement I have seen in quite some time! Are you claiming that the mean life expectancy was only 35-37? Or are you claiming that the median life expectancy was only 35-37 years? And what ever became of the children of those who lived only some 35-37? They weren't even teenagers!
> How did they grow up?

If they were born when their parents were 18, they would definitely be
teenagers by the time their parents died.

Yap Honghor

May 21, 2020, 8:17:51 PM5/21/20
I am a sensible person, not a neocon like you!

Yap Honghor

May 21, 2020, 8:20:51 PM5/21/20
Of course, I cannot understand why lies are not detected by loony fellows....
Only mad people or broken heads are incapable to see the fake or fraud!

Ivan The Terrible

May 21, 2020, 8:48:28 PM5/21/20
Very easy. I am the youngest child of 3. When I graduated High School at 18, my Dad was 45 and my Mother 39. I heard rumors that my Mom did not want a 3rd child but my Dad insisted. It was funny because my maternal grandmother was always calling my Mom on the phone to make sure she was taking proper care of me. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Grandma Kessler was always very protective of me.

She could speak good English but could not write it very well.I wanted to help her, so 3 days a week I'd go to her apartment after school and give her lessons in writing English. She learned fast. She was a great cook and always rewarded me with a sumptuous dinner.

kitw...@gmail.com

May 21, 2020, 8:48:48 PM5/21/20
13. But most women are older than that when they marry and have their first child.

I'll explain my objection to you, since you obviously don't understand. Suppose we consider five people, two who died at birth, and three who lived to the age of 80. The mean age of the five is (0+0+80+80+80)/5 = 48 years. The median age of the five people is 80 years. (For an explanation see ant introductory statistics textbook.) As the old saying goes, "Lies, damned lies, and statistics!"

-- Kit (kitw...@gmail.com)

LinuxGal

May 21, 2020, 9:16:55 PM5/21/20
On Thu, 21 May 2020, kitw...@gmail.com wrote:

> I'll explain my objection to you, since you obviously
> don't understand. Suppose we consider five people, two
> who died at birth, and three who lived to the age of 80.
> The mean age of the five is (0+0+80+80+80)/5 = 48 years.
> The median age of the five people is 80 years. (For an
> explanation see ant introductory statistics textbook.)
> As the old saying goes, "Lies, damned lies, and
> statistics!"

Bill Gates builds a $100 million dollar home on my
cul-de-sac with four other homes worth $300,000.

Mean price = $20,240,00
Median price = $300,000

--
Linux Geeks: Smart. Single. Sexy.
Well, two out of three ain't bad!

https://twitter.com/LinuxGal

John Locke

May 21, 2020, 10:10:46 PM5/21/20
On Wed, 20 May 2020 20:09:30 -0700 (PDT), Ivan The Terrible
<VTand...@gmail.com> wrote:

>The bible is evidence.
..no it isn't. It's religious fantasy. Fictional tales fabricated by
anonymous authors. It has the same status for evidence as Grimm's
Fairy Tales.

> It is witness testimony and in most cases, we know who wrote it.
..not really. Most of the authors were anonymous. We don't really know
who they were.

>Shall we ignore evidence because the witness has died?
....in the case of religious scripture, yes. We don't even know who
the "witnesses" were. It's not verifiable.

>How foolish!
>Using that standard, we would discard completely most libraries. All our
> history books would be rendered useless, as would most of our science
>books and math books. Isaac Newton is dead. Shall we therefore discard
>what he wrote?
>Galileo is dead. Shall we therefore discard what he wrote?
>Clarence Darrow is past on. Shall we discard what he wrote?
>How about Supreme Ct Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes?
>Shall we discard the Gettysburg Address because Abe Lincoln is dead?
>How about the Founding Fathers? Is our Constitution useless because
>they are all deceased?

...none of the above were writing religious nonsense for ulterior
religious motives.

>The Rules of evidence in all 50 states allow the introduction of witness
>testimony. Of course, it is always wise to verify evidence with other
> testimony or cross examination, but that still leaves the original testimony
> for consideration by the judge or jury.
>
>We can verify evidence by examining the lives of the speaker to evaluate
>his credibility and this is useful for the bible.
..no we can't.

>Was Moses an honest man?
..irrelevant. He was a fictional character.

>Were the apostles honest men? How about Matthew, John and Paul?
..irrelevant, They didn't exist.

We must question the story logic of having an all-knowing
all-powerful God, who creates faulty Humans, and then blames
them for his own mistakes. - Gene Roddenberry

I distrust those people who know so well what God wants them
to do, because I notice it always coincides with their own
desires. - Susan B. Anthony

kitw...@gmail.com

May 22, 2020, 2:04:23 AM5/22/20
Exactly. In my example, the mean age is 48, although 605 of the sample lived to be 80. So much for the average person lived to 35-37 statement.

-- Kit (kitw...@netzero.com)

JWS

May 22, 2020, 6:27:21 AM5/22/20
On Friday, May 22, 2020 at 1:04:23 AM UTC-5, kitw...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 9:16:55 PM UTC-4, LinuxGal wrote:
> > On Thu, 21 May 2020, kitw...@gmail.com wrote:
> >
> > > I'll explain my objection to you, since you obviously
> > > don't understand. Suppose we consider five people, two
> > > who died at birth, and three who lived to the age of 80.
> > > The mean age of the five is (0+0+80+80+80)/5 = 48 years.
> > > The median age of the five people is 80 years. (For an
> > > explanation see ant introductory statistics textbook.)
> > > As the old saying goes, "Lies, damned lies, and
> > > statistics!"
> >
> > Bill Gates builds a $100 million dollar home on my
> > cul-de-sac with four other homes worth $300,000.
> >
> > Mean price = $20,240,00
> > Median price = $300,000
> >
> > --
> > Linux Geeks: Smart. Single. Sexy.
> > Well, two out of three ain't bad!
> >
> > https://twitter.com/LinuxGal
>
> Exactly.

Wooooooosh!

Don Martin

May 22, 2020, 9:06:07 AM5/22/20
On Thu, 21 May 2020 15:42:27 -0700 (PDT), kitw...@gmail.com wrote:

>On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 5:28:44 PM UTC-4, SkyEyes wrote:
>> On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 9:52:48 PM UTC-7, Oko tillo wrote:
>> > On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 8:09:32 PM UTC-7, Ivan The Terrible wrote:
>> > ==
>> >
>> > Do we?
>> >
>> > For example, a quick glance at the Wikipedia pages on the Gospels
>> >

>> > Most scholars believe the gospel [of Matthew] was composed between AD 80 and 90,
>> > with a range of possibility between AD 70 to 110; a pre-70 date remains a
>> > minority view.
>>
>> And when it was written the average life expectancy was 35-37 years. No way the author of Matthew, or any of the other gospels, could have been a "witness."
>>

>That is the most outrageous statement I have seen in quite some time! Are you claiming that the mean life expectancy was only 35-37? Or are you claiming that the median life expectancy was only 35-37 years? And what ever became of the children of those who lived only some 35-37? They weren't even teenagers! How did they grow up? Please check your facts before posting.

You would do well to check yours--life expectancy around 1900 in the
civilized world was 45. In the uncivilized parts, it was less. "In a
2010 article published in the Proceedings of the National Academy of
Sciences, gerontologist and evolutionary biologist Caleb Finch
describes the average life spans in ancient Greek and Roman times as
short at approximately of 20 to 35 years, though he laments these
numbers are based on “notoriously unrepresentative” graveyard epitaphs
and samples."
(https://www.verywellhealth.com/longevity-throughout-history-2224054)

Now, why should graveyard epitaphs and samples be unrepresentative of
populations as a whole? To start with, the only people who can leave
epitaphs behind are those who can afford to pay for chunks of heavy
stone, often transported some distance, then polished and carved by
craftsmen and placed, often on a tomb constructed by other craftsmen.
In other words, epitaphs are created for that segment of the
population that is well to do. Trust me, neither peasants nor the
urban poor lived as long as those who could afford good food, good
housing, and good medical care (good is something of a moveable feast
regarding the state of the art of medical knowledge, but still you
were better off with than without). Peasants tended to get buried in
or near the soil they ploughed, without much in the way of preserving
their identities for posterity; the urban poor ended up in potter's
fields with the same degree of anonymity. Were the life times of the
lower classes knowable, Mr. Finch's estimate would be significantly
lower.

By sneeringly correcting a regular member of this news group with your
ignorant quibble, you have qualified as Yet Another Troll here. If
you are like the rest of that tribe, you shall wear this distinction
as a badge of honor, an equally ignorant stance.

Fidei defensor (Hon. Antipodean)
Je pense, donc je suis Charlie.

kitw...@gmail.com

May 22, 2020, 11:16:48 AM5/22/20
On Friday, May 22, 2020 at 9:06:07 AM UTC-4, Don Martin wrote:
> On Thu, 21 May 2020 15:42:27 -0700 (PDT), kitw...@gmail.com wrote:

> >> And when it was written the average life expectancy was 35-37 years. No way the author of Matthew, or any of the other gospels, could have been a "witness."
> >>

> >That is the most outrageous statement I have seen in quite some time! Are you claiming that the mean life expectancy was only 35-37? Or are you claiming that the median life expectancy was only 35-37 years? And what ever became of the children of those who lived only some 35-37? They weren't even teenagers! How did they grow up? Please check your facts before posting.
>
> You would do well to check yours--life expectancy around 1900 in the
> civilized world was 45.

Ages of Presidents living around the turn of the 20th Century:
Grover Cleveland: 71 years
William McKinley: 58 years (he was assassinated)
Teddy Roosevelt: 63 years
William Taft: 72 years

Let us consider the ages of some of the Roman emperors:
Julius Caesar (b. 100 BC - d. 44 BC) age: 56 years
Julius was assassinated as evidence by his last words to Brutus, "Et tu, Brute."
Augustus (b. 63 BC - d. 14 AD) age: 76 years
Tiberius (b. 42 BC - d. 37 AD) age: 76 years
Claudius (b. 10 BC - d. 54 AD) age: 63 years
Claudius was poisoned by his niece, Agripinilla.

QED, People lived longer than 35-40 as claimed by the atheists.

SCORE: Kit 1, ATHEISTS 0.

Kit (W, 1-0)
SkyEyes (L, 0-1)
Don Martin (L, 0-1)

> By sneeringly correcting a regular member of this news group with your
> ignorant quibble, you have qualified as Yet Another Troll here. If
> you are like the rest of that tribe, you shall wear this distinction
> as a badge of honor, an equally ignorant stance.

"Let God be found true, though every man found a liar..." -- Romans 3:4 NWT

A bit of advice, Don Martin, be humble enough to admit your mistakes.

-- Kit (kitw...@gmail.com)

> --
> aa #2278 Never mind "proof." Where is your evidence?
> BAAWA Chief Assistant to the Assistant Chief Heckler
> Fidei defensor (Hon. Antipodean)
> Je pense, donc je suis Charlie.

I have proof and evidence. See above.

Don Martin

May 22, 2020, 11:45:47 AM5/22/20
Rich people always have: that's one of the benefits of being rich.

>SCORE: Kit 1 (obtained by skewed sample containing only Presidents and Emperors), ATHEISTS 0.
>
>Kit (W, 1-0)
>SkyEyes (L, 0-1)
>Don Martin (L, 0-1)
>>
>> By sneeringly correcting a regular member of this news group with your
>> ignorant quibble, you have qualified as Yet Another Troll here. If
>> you are like the rest of that tribe, you shall wear this distinction
>> as a badge of honor, an equally ignorant stance.
>>

>A bit of advice, Don Martin, be humble enough to admit your mistakes.

As soon as you become honest enough to avoid snipping presented
evidence. Your reply above leaves out a large chunk, with
attribution, following "life expectancy around 1900 in the civilized
world was 45":

=======
In the uncivilized parts, it was less. "In a 2010 article published
in the Proceedings of the National Academy of Sciences, gerontologist
and evolutionary biologist Caleb Finch describes the average life
spans in ancient Greek and Roman times as short at approximately of 20
to 35 years, though he laments these numbers are based on “notoriously
unrepresentative” graveyard epitaphs and samples."
(https://www.verywellhealth.com/longevity-throughout-history-2224054)

Now, why should graveyard epitaphs and samples be unrepresentative of
populations as a whole? To start with, the only people who can leave
epitaphs behind are those who can afford to pay for chunks of heavy
stone, often transported some distance, then polished and carved by
craftsmen and placed, often on a tomb constructed by other craftsmen.
In other words, epitaphs are created for that segment of the
population that is well to do. Trust me, neither peasants nor the
urban poor lived as long as those who could afford good food, good
housing, and good medical care (good is something of a moveable feast
regarding the state of the art of medical knowledge, but still you
were better off with than without). Peasants tended to get buried in
or near the soil they ploughed, without much in the way of preserving
their identities for posterity; the urban poor ended up in potter's
fields with the same degree of anonymity. Were the life times of the
lower classes knowable, Mr. Finch's estimate would be significantly
lower.
=======
>-- Kit (kitw...@gmail.com)

>I have proof and evidence. See above.

You have bullshit, and you demonstrate that you are every bit as
dishonest as the other shithead theist trolls we get in here. Do not
be so arrogant as to imagine you invented snipping the meat of the
post to which you reply. You are merely following in the same gutter
other theists have trodden smooth.

Like Doook, the Androol brothers, Triple Arsehole, et al., your
behavior degrades the reputation of christianity (not that it was ever
all that good to begin with).

Ivan The Terrible

May 22, 2020, 12:19:35 PM5/22/20
On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 1:32:35 AM UTC-7, Kevrob wrote:
> On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 4:07:15 AM UTC-4, Cloud Hobbit wrote:
> > On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 8:09:32 PM UTC-7, Ivan The Terrible wrote:
> > > The bible is evidence. It is witness testimony and in most cases, we know who wrote it. Shall we ignore evidence because the witness has died? How foolish! Using that standard, we would discard completely most libraries. All our history books would be rendered useless, as would most of our science books and math books. Isaac Newton is dead. Shall we therefore discard what he wrote?
> > > Galileo is dead. Shall we therefore discard what he wrote?
> > > Clarence Darrow is past on. Shall we discard what he wrote? How about Supreme Ct Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes?
> > >
> > > Shall we discard the Gettysburg Address because Abe Lincoln is dead?
> > > How about the Founding Fathers? Is our Constitution useless because they are all deceased?
> > >
> > > The Rules of evidence in all 50 states....
>
> Are irrelevant outside a court of law.

NYET. The standards are the same. Cut the crap, Lord Bullshit. You don't care about evidence or rules. All you want is to badmouth and discredit religion and you will say anything to achieve that. I have no faith in your credibility or your sincerity or your integrity.

Siri Cruise

May 22, 2020, 12:35:54 PM5/22/20
In article <fjrfcfh3bb1fbju8f...@4ax.com>,
Don Martin <drdon...@comcast.net> wrote:

> As soon as you become honest enough to avoid snipping presented
> evidence. Your reply above leaves out a large chunk, with
> attribution, following "life expectancy around 1900 in the civilized
> world was 45":

That's an average. Before vaccines most people died before 5.
After that it depended on having enough money and sense to avoid
mayhem: any cut in the skin was a potential death sentence. Death
by natural causes waits until mid 60s; between that and infant
disease it was mostly death by misfortune. Amputations were done
to stop infections in injured extremities.

Vaccines and antibiotics have saved so many lives.

'I desire mercy, not sacrifice.' /|\

ryno...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2020, 11:46:41 AM6/10/20
On Wednesday, May 20, 2020 at 8:09:32 PM UTC-7, Ivan The Terrible wrote:
> The bible is evidence. It is witness testimony and in most cases, we know who wrote it. Shall we ignore evidence because the witness has died? How foolish! Using that standard, we would discard completely most libraries. All our history books would be rendered useless, as would most of our science books and math books. Isaac Newton is dead. Shall we therefore discard what he wrote?
> Galileo is dead. Shall we therefore discard what he wrote?
> Clarence Darrow is past on. Shall we discard what he wrote? How about Supreme Ct Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes?
>
> Shall we discard the Gettysburg Address because Abe Lincoln is dead?
> How about the Founding Fathers? Is our Constitution useless because they are all deceased?
>
> The Rules of evidence in all 50 states allow the introduction of witness testimony. Of course, it is always wise to verify evidence with other testimony or cross examination, but that still leaves the original testimony for consideration by the judge or jury.
>
> We can verify evidence by examining the lives of the speaker to evaluate his credibility and this is useful for the bible. Was Moses an honest man? Were the apostles honest men? How about Matthew, John and Paul?

I have a question. Jesus is a faggot cause he wanted me to fuck him in the ass and I did. I guess that was a statement but here's the question Igor, Does that make me a faggot?

duckg...@cox.net

Jun 10, 2020, 2:59:19 PM6/10/20
You're a screaming idiot.
the dukester, American-American

Yap Honghor

Jun 10, 2020, 10:11:50 PM6/10/20
Don't worry, duke....jesus was just a dead Jew 2000 years ago!!!

kry...@gmail.com

Jun 10, 2020, 10:46:11 PM6/10/20
On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 6:09:32 AM UTC+3, Ivan The Terrible wrote:
> The bible is evidence. It is witness testimony and in most cases, we know who wrote it. Shall we ignore evidence because the witness has died? How foolish! Using that standard, we would discard completely most libraries. All our history books would be rendered useless, as would most of our science books and math books. Isaac Newton is dead. Shall we therefore discard what he wrote?
> Galileo is dead. Shall we therefore discard what he wrote?
> Clarence Darrow is past on. Shall we discard what he wrote? How about Supreme Ct Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes?
>
> Shall we discard the Gettysburg Address because Abe Lincoln is dead?
> How about the Founding Fathers? Is our Constitution useless because they are all deceased?
>
> The Rules of evidence in all 50 states allow the introduction of witness testimony. Of course, it is always wise to verify evidence with other testimony or cross examination, but that still leaves the original testimony for consideration by the judge or jury.
>
> We can verify evidence by examining the lives of the speaker to evaluate his credibility and this is useful for the bible. Was Moses an honest man? Were the apostles honest men? How about Matthew, John and Paul?

The Bible is a hearsay evidence at best,
and I will go further and say it is
a rumor passed on over a long chain
of men. As a witness testimony it has a lot
Of contradictions, making it unreliable evidence, with many unsupported claims.

The Bible is evidence of the beliefs of the people who wrote it and edited it. No more then that...

Your declaration of faith in the christian
claims and your lack of knowledge and rejection of the Jewish tradition
re an evidence that you are a Christian. Maybe with a Jewish origin.
You can believe in whatever you wish
No one can stop you on this.
The question which boggles me is
why do you pose as a Jew.
I guess only you know the answer for that for real.

May you find peace and happiness,

KRYOEL

%

Jun 10, 2020, 10:51:54 PM6/10/20
and don't apply today's model to a book over 2,000 years old ,
what you think is nothing now was a miracle to then

Melzzzzz

Jun 11, 2020, 12:25:58 AM6/11/20
On 2020-05-21, Ivan The Terrible <VTand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> The bible is evidence. It is witness testimony and in most cases, we know who wrote it.

Sanity check says, that there is no evidence in The Bible. There are
plenty of religious books out there, and we all know that they are full
of myths and legends. Bible is just most popular to criticize...

--
current job title: senior software engineer
skills: c++,c,rust,go,nim,haskell...

U ničemu ja ne uživam kao u svom statusu INVALIDA -- Zli Zec
Svi smo svedoci - oko 3 godine intenzivne propagande je dovoljno da jedan narod poludi -- Zli Zec
Na divljem zapadu i nije bilo tako puno nasilja, upravo zato jer su svi
bili naoruzani. -- Mladen Gogala

Andrew W

Jun 11, 2020, 12:37:16 AM6/11/20
"Ivan The Terrible" wrote in message

>The bible is evidence.

Evidence of what exactly?

>It is witness testimony

No, because the Bible has been edited for various reasons by various
parties, some with agendas.

>and in most cases, we know who wrote it.

No you don't. Many authors used pen names and added their own versions of
events and ideas.

>Shall we ignore evidence because the witness has died?

Yes, if thousands of years has passed and the originals are gone. The
writings must be seriously questioned.

>How foolish! Using that standard, we would discard completely most
>libraries. All our history books would be rendered useless, as would most
>of our science books and math books. Isaac Newton is dead. Shall we
>therefore discard what he wrote?
>Galileo is dead. Shall we therefore discard what he wrote?
>Clarence Darrow is past on. Shall we discard what he wrote? How about
>Supreme Ct Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes?
>
>Shall we discard the Gettysburg Address because Abe Lincoln is dead?
>How about the Founding Fathers? Is our Constitution useless because they
>are all deceased?
>
>The Rules of evidence in all 50 states allow the introduction of witness
>testimony. Of course, it is always wise to verify evidence with other
>testimony or cross examination, but that still leaves the original
>testimony for consideration by the judge or jury.
>
>We can verify evidence by examining the lives of the speaker to evaluate
>his credibility and this is useful for the bible. Was Moses an honest man?
>Were the apostles honest men? How about Matthew, John and Paul?

No, you would have to have a time machine and go back and talk to them to
determine that.

--
http://members.optusnet.com.au/ajwerner/

The golden rule with food - if it smells strange from the fridge then throw
it in the bin. With Christianity, if it sounds strange and it's from the
Bible then you must embrace it as the word of God.

A question to all Christians: Was the Bible inspired or dictated? Because if
it was just inspired then it can't be called God's word.

http://www.rumormillnews.com -- The best alternative news site.

Ivan The Terrible

Jun 11, 2020, 12:59:11 AM6/11/20
On Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 9:25:58 PM UTC-7, Melzzzzz wrote:
> On 2020-05-21, Ivan The Terrible <VTand...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > The bible is evidence. It is witness testimony and in most cases, we know who wrote it.
>
> Sanity check says, that there is no evidence in The Bible. There are
> plenty of religious books out there, and we all know

that they are full
> of myths and legends. Bible is just most popular to criticize...
>
> --
It's glaringly obvious that you don't know shit.

duckg...@cox.net

Jun 11, 2020, 1:20:52 PM6/11/20
On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 19:11:47 -0700 (PDT), Yap Honghor <hhya...@gmail.com>
wrote:
But he came back in resurrection. Satan won't let you do that.
the dukester, American-American

duckg...@cox.net

Jun 27, 2020, 1:19:56 PM6/27/20
On Wed, 10 Jun 2020 08:46:38 -0700 (PDT), ryno...@gmail.com wrote:

Not only a fag, but one headed for the fires of hell.
the dukester, American-American

Ivan The Terrible

Jun 27, 2020, 2:26:12 PM6/27/20
On Wednesday, June 10, 2020 at 7:46:11 PM UTC-7, kry...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, May 21, 2020 at 6:09:32 AM UTC+3, Ivan The Terrible wrote:
> > The bible is evidence. It is witness testimony and in most cases, we know who wrote it. Shall we ignore evidence because the witness has died? How foolish! Using that standard, we would discard completely most libraries. All our history books would be rendered useless, as would most of our science books and math books. Isaac Newton is dead. Shall we therefore discard what he wrote?
> > Galileo is dead. Shall we therefore discard what he wrote?
> > Clarence Darrow is past on. Shall we discard what he wrote? How about Supreme Ct Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes?
> >
> > Shall we discard the Gettysburg Address because Abe Lincoln is dead?
> > How about the Founding Fathers? Is our Constitution useless because they are all deceased?
> >
> > The Rules of evidence in all 50 states allow the introduction of witness testimony. Of course, it is always wise to verify evidence with other testimony or cross examination, but that still leaves the original testimony for consideration by the judge or jury.
> >
> > We can verify evidence by examining the lives of the speaker to evaluate his credibility and this is useful for the bible. Was Moses an honest man? Were the apostles honest men? How about Matthew, John and Paul?
>
> The Bible is a hearsay evidence at best,
> and I will go further and say it is
> a rumor passed on over a long chain
> of men. As a witness testimony it has a lot
> Of contradictions, making it unreliable evidence, with many unsupported claims.
>
> The Bible is evidence of the beliefs of the people who wrote it and edited it. No more then that...

YOU ARE IGNORANT

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Historical_method

Yap Honghor

Jun 27, 2020, 9:28:49 PM6/27/20
Wow, he came back?
You see bony skeleton up in the sky??????????

Yap Honghor

Jun 27, 2020, 9:30:22 PM6/27/20
It is not even close according to Jewish history, let alone anything to do with historical facts of the Whites in EU and US....

duckg...@cox.net

Jun 28, 2020, 1:22:28 PM6/28/20
On Sat, 27 Jun 2020 18:28:47 -0700 (PDT), Yap Honghor <hhya...@gmail.com>
Well, I know you were stupid but I didn't think you were that bad.
the dukester, American-American

Yap Honghor

Jun 28, 2020, 10:18:01 PM6/28/20
Just because you can't answer or you are being castrated?

Cloud Hobbit

Jun 28, 2020, 10:29:43 PM6/28/20
duke wrote:

>Not only a fag, but one headed for the fires of hell.
the dukester

Thank you for your confession.

duckg...@cox.net

Jun 29, 2020, 12:27:37 PM6/29/20
On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 19:17:58 -0700 (PDT), Yap Honghor <hhya...@gmail.com>
No, you are ultra stupid.
the dukester, American-American

duckg...@cox.net

Jun 29, 2020, 12:29:36 PM6/29/20
On Sun, 28 Jun 2020 19:29:41 -0700 (PDT), Cloud Hobbit
<youngbl...@gmail.com> wrote:

>duke wrote:
>
>>Not only a fag, but one headed for the fires of hell.

You are what you are. As you said, Jesus is a faggot cause he wanted me to
fuck him in the ass and I did
the dukester, American-American

Yap Honghor

Jun 29, 2020, 9:58:49 PM6/29/20
You are the ultra stupid theist, born to be in that state for whole life!
You are doomed because no research has been conducted to cure you!!!!

Ivan The Terrible

Jun 29, 2020, 10:18:11 PM6/29/20
He can't read or write English, either. My Russian born Grandmother took 4 months to be able to write letters in English. He hasn't learned in 15 years.

Cloud Hobbit

Jun 29, 2020, 10:27:18 PM6/29/20
Duke wrote:

>duke wrote:
>
>>Not only a fag, but one headed for the fires of hell.

>You are what you are. As >you said, Jesus is a faggot >cause he wanted me to
>fuck him in the ass and I >did
>the dukester

I never said that.
I think that was Tandy.

Odd that you didn't quote me.

Lying?

Yap Honghor

Jun 30, 2020, 5:06:18 AM6/30/20
Mad Joe grandma: "Joe, what else is new with your whine?"

duckg...@cox.net

Jun 30, 2020, 6:48:45 PM6/30/20
On Tue, 30 Jun 2020 02:06:15 -0700 (PDT), Yap Honghor <hhya...@gmail.com>
Good grief but yap is an ignorant.
the dukester, American-American

duckg...@cox.net

Jun 30, 2020, 6:49:10 PM6/30/20
On Mon, 29 Jun 2020 18:58:47 -0700 (PDT), Yap Honghor <hhya...@gmail.com>
It must be awful to know you're stuck where you are.

>You are doomed because no research has been conducted to cure you!!!!
the dukester, American-American

Yap Honghor

Jun 30, 2020, 8:41:48 PM6/30/20
Just because your grandma disliked you and never talked to you, I am not ignorant of the capability of grandmother of Mad Joe...

Yap Honghor

Jun 30, 2020, 8:43:33 PM6/30/20
We atheists are stuck with out happy lives with no worries, as compared to your misery in trying to seek a non-existent pixie....

Gronk

Jul 9, 2020, 12:57:13 AM7/9/20
Yes.