2012 The Official Countdown

1 view

2012 Official Countdown

Sep 3, 2009, 5:53:02 AM9/3/09

We will keep this short:

On December 21, 2012 The Sun, The Earth and The Milky WAY will align
for the first time in 26,000 years. Scientists all over the globe
agree that a cataclysmic event is undoubtedly going to happen.

After several years of study on various predictions for 2012 (http://
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_doomsday_prediction) , a heavily researched
information package is available now THAT WILL HELP MAN KIND.

For more information visit: http://www.2012theofficialcountdown.com/

Jimbo

Sep 3, 2009, 6:00:35 AM9/3/09
On Sep 3, 5:53 am, 2012 Official Countdown

<2012theofficialcountd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We will keep this short:
>
> On December 21, 2012 The Sun, The Earth and The Milky WAY will align
> for the first time in 26,000 years. Scientists all over the globe
> agree that a cataclysmic event is undoubtedly going to happen.

The guy down the street wearing the tinfoil covered stainless steel
soup strainer on his head hardly qualifies as a scientist.

> After several years of study on various predictions for 2012 (http://
> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_doomsday_prediction) , a heavily researched
> information package is available now THAT WILL HELP MAN KIND.
>
> For more information visit:http://www.2012theofficialcountdown.com/

All for the low cost of $19.95, I'm sure. The site claims that Gregg
Braden is a visionary scientist, but doesn't disclose his credentials
as a scientist. In fact, he probably has no personal credentials.

Nomen Publicus

Sep 3, 2009, 6:30:18 AM9/3/09
2012 Official Countdown <2012theoffic...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We will keep this short:
>
> On December 21, 2012 The Sun, The Earth and The Milky WAY will align
> for the first time in 26,000 years. Scientists all over the globe
> agree that a cataclysmic event is undoubtedly going to happen.

Name two.

> After several years of study on various predictions for 2012 (http://
> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_doomsday_prediction) , a heavily researched
> information package is available now THAT WILL HELP MAN KIND.

Money back guarentee?

--
'The Descent of Man' by Darwin is available for free from
Project Gutenberg http://www.gutenberg.org/etext/2300

martin

Sep 3, 2009, 7:26:54 AM9/3/09

What ever happened to Planet X?

The Chief Instigator

Sep 3, 2009, 7:52:51 AM9/3/09

Sorry, drugged Sri Lankan trying to make money from this sorry fantasy of
yours: We'll see if the world's around the day after my wife celebrates her
birthday. (Why is it that this has happened 158,400 and change times in the
last four billion years of this planet's existence, but almost nothing to
confirm your apparently drugged fantasy?)

--
Patrick L. "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey (pat...@io.com) Houston, Texas
www.io.com/~patrick/aeros.php (TCI's 2008-09 Houston Aeros) AA#2273

Larry

Sep 3, 2009, 8:00:03 AM9/3/09
2012 Official Countdown <2012theoffic...@gmail.com> wrote in

Quick! Before the Final Days! Sign over your worldly goods to me and I'll
take really good care of them!

SHOW YOUR FAITH! SEND ME YOUR DEEDS!

--
Larry

What a line of bullshit 2012 is....

Larry

Sep 3, 2009, 8:02:32 AM9/3/09

> http://www.2012theofficialcountdown.com/

JOIN NOW! SEND US ALL YOUR MONEY!!

--
Larry

Larry

Sep 3, 2009, 8:03:21 AM9/3/09
Jimbo <ckdb...@gmail.com> wrote in news:14e0db9a-dd2d-4bca-87f4-
3ca026...@m38g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:

> All for the low cost of $19.95, I'm sure. The site claims that Gregg
> Braden is a visionary scientist, but doesn't disclose his credentials
> as a scientist. In fact, he probably has no personal credentials.

I bet he has a degree in THEOLOGY....(c;]

--
Larry

Mr. B

Sep 3, 2009, 8:12:52 AM9/3/09
> We will keep this short:

Could you shorten it a bit more? Zero words would be nice.

-- B

The Chief Instigator

Sep 3, 2009, 8:20:21 AM9/3/09
Nomen Publicus <zza...@buffy.sighup.org.uk> writes:

>2012 Official Countdown <2012theoffic...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> We will keep this short:
>>
>> On December 21, 2012 The Sun, The Earth and The Milky WAY will align for
>> the first time in 26,000 years. Scientists all over the globe agree that a
>> cataclysmic event is undoubtedly going to happen.
>
>Name two.
>

>> After several years of study on various predictions for 2012 (http://
>> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_doomsday_prediction) , a heavily researched
>> information package is available now THAT WILL HELP MAN KIND.
>
>Money back guarentee?

James Michael Sayer needs to drastically cut back on his consumption of
hallucinogens.

The Chief Instigator

Sep 3, 2009, 8:24:10 AM9/3/09
martin <use...@etiqa.co.uk> writes:

It's a pitiful fantasy, since Sol III, the sun and the galactic center are in
this alignment every 26,000 years...so where's the geological evidence of the
158,000 and change times this alignment has occurred in the last four billion
years?

MarkA

Sep 3, 2009, 9:47:52 AM9/3/09

LOL. Good one.

--
MarkA
Keeper of the Butter Dish of Balshazar

MarkA

Sep 3, 2009, 9:49:59 AM9/3/09

So, what happened 26,000 years ago?

Reverand Heathen

Sep 3, 2009, 10:10:16 AM9/3/09
On Sep 3, 1:03 pm, Larry <no...@home.com> wrote:
> Jimbo <ckdbig...@gmail.com> wrote in news:14e0db9a-dd2d-4bca-87f4-
> 3ca026fcc...@m38g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:

> > All for the low cost of $19.95, I'm sure.   The site claims that Gregg
> > Braden is a visionary scientist, but doesn't disclose his credentials
> > as a scientist.  In fact, he probably has no personal credentials.
>
> I bet he has a degree in THEOLOGY....(c;]
>
> --
> Larry

It lists his stuff on the same page as Nostradamus, which speaks
volumes

Meteorite Debris

Sep 3, 2009, 10:29:05 AM9/3/09
Last time that great scribe 2012 Official Countdown
<2012theoffic...@gmail.com> chipped away at his/her stone these
gems of wisdom for posterity ...

I have a prediction for December 22 2012 - the next day. That the poster
will have egg on his face.

--

Remove both YOUR_SHOES before replying
apatriot #1, atheist #1417,

Apatriotism Yahoo Group

"Those who can make you believe absurdities can make
you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

Meteorite Debris

Sep 3, 2009, 10:36:16 AM9/3/09
Last time that great scribe MarkA <nob...@nowhere.com> chipped away at
his/her stone these gems of wisdom for posterity ...

> On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 02:53:02 -0700, 2012 Official Countdown wrote:

Well it was very significant. There were some mammoths, some saber tooth
cats, some giant ground sloths and a few million people painting
pictures of them in caves. Then the great alignment happened and the
universe didn't care. The effect on earth was underwhelming. A tree fell
in a forest but no one heard it.

Meteorite Debris

Nomen Publicus

Sep 3, 2009, 10:44:20 AM9/3/09

Seems like we survived. OHOH, as the world only existed for 6000 years,
this is our first time. I wish these idiots would have a conference or
something to establish a consistent insane view of world history.

--
Mel Gibson isn't known for being faithful to the original source.
His remake of The Life of Brian is rubbish. -- Michael C

Uncle Vic

Sep 3, 2009, 11:47:25 AM9/3/09
One fine day in alt.atheism, 2012 Official Countdown
<2012theoffic...@gmail.com> wrote:

> We will keep this short:
>
> On December 21, 2012 The Sun, The Earth and The Milky WAY will align
> for the first time in 26,000 years. Scientists all over the globe
> agree that a cataclysmic event is undoubtedly going to happen.

How do two celestial bodies align with something they are a part of? You
end-times whackos will stop at nothing to deceive the gullible and sway
the stupid. You don't fool me. Your stone-age "science" has no part in
the modern world. Nor does the bullshit mythology you call religion.

> After several years of study on various predictions for 2012 (http://
> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_doomsday_prediction) , a heavily researched
> information package is available now THAT WILL HELP MAN KIND.
>

> For more information visit: http://www.2012theofficialcountdown.com/

It's only a countdown to a multitude of laughter, idiot.

--
Uncle Vic
aa Atheist #2011

Uncle Vic

Sep 3, 2009, 11:50:42 AM9/3/09
One fine day in alt.atheism, Meteorite Debris
<epicurusboth@YOUR_SHOESaapt.net.au> wrote:

> Last time that great scribe 2012 Official Countdown
> <2012theoffic...@gmail.com> chipped away at his/her stone
> these gems of wisdom for posterity ...
>

>> We will keep this short:
>>
>> On December 21, 2012 The Sun, The Earth and The Milky WAY will align
>> for the first time in 26,000 years. Scientists all over the globe
>> agree that a cataclysmic event is undoubtedly going to happen.
>>
>> After several years of study on various predictions for 2012 (http://
>> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_doomsday_prediction) , a heavily
>> researched information package is available now THAT WILL HELP MAN
>> KIND.
>>

>> For more information visit: http://www.2012theofficialcountdown.com/
>
> I have a prediction for December 22 2012 - the next day. That the
> poster will have egg on his face.

And I will wake up and realize I'm way behind on my Xmas shopping.

Uncle Vic

Sep 3, 2009, 11:52:37 AM9/3/09

Planet Q fell into the sun, so it became Planet W.

panam...@hotmail.com

Sep 3, 2009, 11:56:10 AM9/3/09
On Sep 3, 5:53 am, 2012 Official Countdown
<2012theofficialcountd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We will keep this short:
>
> On December 21, 2012 The Sun, The Earth and The Milky WAY will align
> for the first time in 26,000 years. Scientists all over the globe
> agree that a cataclysmic event is undoubtedly going to happen.

So then, you'll give me your car?

-Panama Floyd, Atlanta.
aa#2015/Member Knights of BAAWA!

Syd

Sep 3, 2009, 12:40:53 PM9/3/09

It got zapped by the White Comet Empire before the Yamato could get
there.

PDW

2012 Official Countdown

Sep 3, 2009, 2:35:01 PM9/3/09

Ignorance is bliss for those who chose to be that way.

Credentials of the scientist: http://www.greggbraden.com/

Andy W

Sep 3, 2009, 3:09:02 PM9/3/09
On 3 Sep, 12:52, The Chief Instigator <patr...@io.com> wrote:

> 2012 Official Countdown <2012theofficialcountd...@gmail.com> writes:
>
> >We will keep this short:
>
> >On December 21, 2012 The Sun, The Earth and The Milky WAY will align for the
> >first time in 26,000 years. Scientists all over the globe agree that a
> >cataclysmic event is undoubtedly going to happen.
>
> >After several years of study on various predictions for 2012 (http://
> >en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_doomsday_prediction) , a heavily researched
> >information package is available now THAT WILL HELP MAN KIND.
>
> >For more information visit:http://www.2012theofficialcountdown.com/
>
> Sorry, drugged Sri Lankan trying to make money from this sorry fantasy of
> yours:  We'll see if the world's around the day after my wife celebrates her
> birthday.   (Why is it that this has happened 158,400 and change times in the
> last four billion years of this planet's existence, but almost nothing to
> confirm your apparently drugged fantasy?)

Wait... what? Your wife is immortal?

martin

Sep 3, 2009, 3:50:55 PM9/3/09

That's not the credentials of a frigging scientist, and you said lots of
'em, from all around the world.

Oh god, we got a new kook!

haiku jones

Sep 3, 2009, 4:00:21 PM9/3/09

Not only that, he's going to be with
us...lessee here...be with us 608
days longer than everybody's favorite
the-end-is-nigh kook, vivapadrepio.

Haiku Jones

Dr. Smartass, Troll Veterinarian

Sep 3, 2009, 8:37:29 PM9/3/09
2012 Official Countdown <2012theoffic...@gmail.com> wrote in

> We will keep this short:
>
> On December 21, 2012 The Sun, The Earth and The Milky WAY will align
> for the first time in 26,000 years. Scientists all over the globe
> agree that a cataclysmic event is undoubtedly going to happen.

By "scientists" you obviously mean "kooks."

Penn and Teller say it's bullshit, and so do all the legitimate sciency
people. And now I add my own voice: it's bullshit.

I'll see you Dec. 22, 2012 and you can explain yourself.

--
Doc Smartass, BAAWA Knight of Troll Medication
aa # 1939

Book reviews: http://jw-bookblog.blogspot.com/

Self-indulgent scribbles: http://pareidolia-global.blogspot.com/

Are Most Birthers Born Again? If So, Can They Prove It? (kitebro)

Dr. Smartass, Troll Veterinarian

Sep 3, 2009, 8:38:07 PM9/3/09
Jimbo <ckdb...@gmail.com> wrote in news:14e0db9a-dd2d-4bca-87f4-
3ca026...@m38g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:

> On Sep 3, 5:53�am, 2012 Official Countdown

> <2012theofficialcountd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> We will keep this short:
>>
>> On December 21, 2012 The Sun, The Earth and The Milky WAY will align
>> for the first time in 26,000 years. Scientists all over the globe
>> agree that a cataclysmic event is undoubtedly going to happen.
>

> The guy down the street wearing the tinfoil covered stainless steel
> soup strainer on his head hardly qualifies as a scientist.

>> After several years of study on various predictions for 2012 (http://
>> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_doomsday_prediction) , a heavily researched
>> information package is available now THAT WILL HELP MAN KIND.
>>
>> For more information visit:http://www.2012theofficialcountdown.com/
>

> All for the low cost of $19.95, I'm sure. The site claims that Gregg
> Braden is a visionary scientist, but doesn't disclose his credentials
> as a scientist. In fact, he probably has no personal credentials.

He probably has a PhD...in SCIENCE!

haiku jones

Sep 3, 2009, 8:49:57 PM9/3/09
On Sep 3, 5:37 pm, "Dr. Smartass, Troll Veterinarian"
<gek...@astroskivviesboymail.com> wrote:

> 2012 Official Countdown <2012theofficialcountd...@gmail.com> wrote innews:557014aa-6973-4f38...@r24g2000prf.googlegroups.com:
>

> > We will keep this short:
>
> > On December 21, 2012 The Sun, The Earth and The Milky WAY will align
> > for the first time in 26,000 years. Scientists all over the globe
> > agree that a cataclysmic event is undoubtedly going to happen.
>
> By "scientists" you obviously mean "kooks."
>
> Penn and Teller say it's bullshit, and so do all the legitimate sciency
> people. And now I add my own voice: it's bullshit.

To be scrupulously honest, only Penn Jillette said
that. Teller, for his own part, opined:

but that later proved too much for even the
loose language standards of the show, and
was edited out.

You heard it here first.

Haiku Jones

L.Roberts

Sep 3, 2009, 9:01:45 PM9/3/09
On Sep 3, 10:29 am, Meteorite Debris

<epicurusboth@YOUR_SHOESaapt.net.au> wrote:
> Last time that great scribe 2012 Official Countdown
> <2012theofficialcountd...@gmail.com> chipped away at his/her stone these

> gems of wisdom for posterity ...
>

> > We will keep this short:
>
> > On December 21, 2012 The Sun, The Earth and The Milky WAY will align
> > for the first time in 26,000 years. Scientists all over the globe
> > agree that a cataclysmic event is undoubtedly going to happen.
>
> > After several years of study on various predictions for 2012 (http://
> > en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_doomsday_prediction) , a heavily researched
> > information package is available now THAT WILL HELP MAN KIND.
>
> > For more information visit:http://www.2012theofficialcountdown.com/
>
> I have a prediction for December 22 2012 - the next day. That the poster
> will have egg on his face.

Nope, the latest rumor has it that the world will end a bit sooner
than that prediction. It will end on 090909, mark my words.

L.Roberts
aa #2258

btw, I here and now refuse forevermore to apologize to anyone just
beshit their britches.

> --
>
> Remove both YOUR_SHOES before replying
> apatriot #1, atheist #1417,
> Chief EAC prophet
> Jason Gastrich prayed for me on 8 January 2009 and nothing happened.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Sep 3, 2009, 9:02:17 PM9/3/09
Larry <no...@home.com> wrote in

More likely, he has a degree in MARKETING.

--
Terry Austin

Terry Austin: like the polio vaccine, only with more asshole. - David
Bilek

Yeah, I had Terry confused with Hannibal Lecter. - Mike Schilling

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Sep 3, 2009, 9:06:01 PM9/3/09
2012 Official Countdown <2012theoffic...@gmail.com> wrote
in
om:

> Ignorance is bliss for those who chose to be that way.

Ignorance can be cured with education. Stupidity is forever.

> Credentials of the scientist: http://www.greggbraden.com/

What credentials? There isn't one single word there about any
degrees, published papers, or *anything* that a non-retard would call
a "credential."

Looks to me like he spent 22 years hitchhiking around the world
bumming off of gullible people.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Sep 3, 2009, 9:08:37 PM9/3/09
Uncle Vic <add...@withheld.com> wrote in

> It's only a countdown to a multitude of laughter, idiot.

It's Y2K again. Remember Y2K? The world-wide financial meltdown, the
complete failure of all utilities, with literal explosions at nuclear
power plants, water and sewer systems failing, dogs and cats living
together, etc?

Rembember Y2K?

Free Lunch

Sep 3, 2009, 9:20:01 PM9/3/09
On Fri, 04 Sep 2009 01:02:17 GMT, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
<taus...@gmail.com> wrote in alt.atheism:

>Larry <no...@home.com> wrote in
>
>> Jimbo <ckdb...@gmail.com> wrote in
>> 3ca026...@m38g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:
>>
>>> All for the low cost of $19.95, I'm sure. The site claims
>>> that Gregg Braden is a visionary scientist, but doesn't
>>> disclose his credentials as a scientist. In fact, he probably
>>> has no personal credentials.
>>>

>> I bet he has a degree in THEOLOGY....(c;]
>>
>More likely, he has a degree in MARKETING.

Read _Elmer Gantry_, you'll come to the conclusion that there is no
difference in those two degrees.

Uncle Vic

Sep 3, 2009, 9:42:09 PM9/3/09
One fine day in alt.atheism, panam...@hotmail.com wrote:

> On Sep 3, 5:53�am, 2012 Official Countdown
> <2012theofficialcountd...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> We will keep this short:
>>
>> On December 21, 2012 The Sun, The Earth and The Milky WAY will align
>> for the first time in 26,000 years. Scientists all over the globe
>> agree that a cataclysmic event is undoubtedly going to happen.
>
> So then, you'll give me your car?

What if he has a Mustang II, or a Chevy Vega?

Uncle Vic

Sep 3, 2009, 9:46:25 PM9/3/09
One fine day in alt.atheism, 2012 Official Countdown
<2012theoffic...@gmail.com> wrote:

"Building a New Wisdom Through Science and Spirituality"

<blink>

BWAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
BWAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
HAAAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Idiot...

The Chief Instigator

Sep 3, 2009, 10:03:46 PM9/3/09
Meteorite Debris <epicurusboth@YOUR_SHOESaapt.net.au> writes:

>Last time that great scribe 2012 Official Countdown
><2012theoffic...@gmail.com> chipped away at his/her stone these gems
>of wisdom for posterity ...
>

>> We will keep this short:
>>
>> On December 21, 2012 The Sun, The Earth and The Milky WAY will align for
>> the first time in 26,000 years. Scientists all over the globe agree that a
>> cataclysmic event is undoubtedly going to happen.
>>
>> After several years of study on various predictions for 2012 (http://
>> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_doomsday_prediction) , a heavily researched
>> information package is available now THAT WILL HELP MAN KIND.
>>

>> For more information visit: http://www.2012theofficialcountdown.com/
>
>I have a prediction for December 22 2012 - the next day. That the poster
>will have egg on his face.

The odds are on that morning, my wife will have enjoyed her birthday the
preceding day...and the doomscreamers will have learned to shut up.

--
Patrick L. "The Chief Instigator" Humphrey (pat...@io.com) Houston, Texas
www.io.com/~patrick/aeros.php (TCI's 2008-09 Houston Aeros) AA#2273
LAST GAME: Manitoba 3, Houston 1 (May 25: Moose advance, 4-2)
NEXT GAME: Saturday, October 2 at Manitoba, 7:35

The Chief Instigator

Sep 3, 2009, 10:06:40 PM9/3/09
Andy W <vor...@mailinator.com> writes:

Not that anyone knows of...all I stated was that her birthday is on December
21, and she'll have her 61st in 2012.

Mike Painter

Sep 3, 2009, 10:55:38 PM9/3/09
haiku jones wrote:
<snip>

> To be scrupulously honest, only Penn Jillette said
> that. Teller, for his own part, opined:
>

> but that later proved too much for even the
> loose language standards of the show, and
> was edited out.
>
> You heard it here first.

"That's not the way I heard it sonny."

Thus responding and seeing who else is old enough to know the quote.

Larry

Sep 3, 2009, 11:50:56 PM9/3/09

>> I bet he has a degree in THEOLOGY....(c;]
>>
> More likely, he has a degree in MARKETING.

I always thought marketing was an important part of any degree in
theology...i.e. marketing property acquired by "saving" dad on his death
bed, of course, Fundraising for Jesus to atone for sin and shift guilt,
church property management (which need not include tax avoidance,
obviously), religious advertising, radio/TV station management and
operation, satellite uplink management, etc.

Maybe the major is theology and the minor is business management and
marketing.....

--
Larry

Larry

Sep 3, 2009, 11:51:55 PM9/3/09

> Looks to me like he spent 22 years hitchhiking around the world
> bumming off of gullible people.

He's an apostle, too?!

--
Larry

Larry

Sep 3, 2009, 11:53:20 PM9/3/09
Uncle Vic <add...@withheld.com> wrote in news:Xns9C7BBFDC7CA3Dvicman@
216.196.97.131:

> What if he has a Mustang II, or a Chevy Vega?

The city here picks up the big trash on Thursdays.....

--
Larry

Thurisaz, Germanic barbarian

Sep 4, 2009, 12:29:15 AM9/4/09
Moron "2012 Official Countdown":

> On December 21, 2012 The Sun, The Earth and The Milky WAY will align
> for the first time in 26,000 years.

Here's a task for you.
How many times did this happen already (assuming the claim is true) since
the earth exists?

Those "cataclysms" must be pathetically irrelevant for not ONE of them left
any traces.

Now get lost and do something useful with your time. Like attending
elementary school.

--
"To his friend a man a friend shall prove, and gifts with gifts requite;
But men shall mocking with mockery answer, and fraud with falsehood meet."

My personal judgment of monotheism:
http://www.carcosa.de/nojebus

Nosterill

Sep 4, 2009, 4:01:38 AM9/4/09
On Sep 3, 2:49 pm, MarkA <nob...@nowhere.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 02:53:02 -0700, 2012 Official Countdown wrote:
>
> > We will keep this short:
>
> > On December 21, 2012 The Sun, The Earth and The Milky WAY will align
> > for the first time in 26,000 years. Scientists all over the globe

> > agree that a cataclysmic event is undoubtedly going to happen.
>
> > After several years of study on various predictions for 2012 (http://
> > en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_doomsday_prediction) , a heavily researched
> > information package is available now THAT WILL HELP MAN KIND.
>
> > For more information visit:http://www.2012theofficialcountdown.com/
>
> So, what happened 26,000 years ago?

The Neanderthal rapture?

Meteorite Debris

Sep 4, 2009, 4:04:35 AM9/4/09
Last time that great scribe Nosterill <flad...@hotmail.com> chipped
away at his/her stone these gems of wisdom for posterity ...

> On Sep 3, 2:49 pm, MarkA <nob...@nowhere.com> wrote:

LOL. But some of them were kind enough to leave their skeletons behind.

martin

Sep 4, 2009, 6:31:33 AM9/4/09
L.Roberts wrote:
> On Sep 3, 10:29 am, Meteorite Debris

>>> We will keep this short:

>>> On December 21, 2012 The Sun, The Earth and The Milky WAY will align
>>> for the first time in 26,000 years. Scientists all over the globe
>>> agree that a cataclysmic event is undoubtedly going to happen.
>>> After several years of study on various predictions for 2012 (http://
>>> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_doomsday_prediction) , a heavily researched
>>> information package is available now THAT WILL HELP MAN KIND.
>>> For more information visit:http://www.2012theofficialcountdown.com/
>> I have a prediction for December 22 2012 - the next day. That the poster
>> will have egg on his face.
>
> Nope, the latest rumor has it that the world will end a bit sooner
> than that prediction. It will end on 090909, mark my words.

Thank god. That's before my finals, could you imagine how peed off I'd
be if it ended the day after

haiku jones

Sep 4, 2009, 12:11:37 PM9/4/09
On Sep 3, 6:01 pm, "L.Roberts" <ozzcat2...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sep 3, 10:29 am, Meteorite Debris
>

> <epicurusboth@YOUR_SHOESaapt.net.au> wrote:
> > Last time that great scribe 2012 Official Countdown
> > <2012theofficialcountd...@gmail.com> chipped away at his/her stone these
> > gems of wisdom for posterity ...
>
> > > We will keep this short:
>
> > > On December 21, 2012 The Sun, The Earth and The Milky WAY will align
> > > for the first time in 26,000 years. Scientists all over the globe
> > > agree that a cataclysmic event is undoubtedly going to happen.
>
> > > After several years of study on various predictions for 2012 (http://
> > > en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_doomsday_prediction) , a heavily researched
> > > information package is available now THAT WILL HELP MAN KIND.
>
> > > For more information visit:http://www.2012theofficialcountdown.com/
>
> > I have a prediction for December 22 2012 - the next day. That the poster
> > will have egg on his face.
>

> Nope, the latest rumor has it that the world will end a bit sooner
> than that prediction. It will end on 090909, mark my words.

"090909" pfffft! Big deal. That leaves us plen...wait!
Holy shit!! We've only got five days to get the
Earth aligned with the Milky Way!

(and you remember what a disaster that turned
out to be last time)

Haiku Jones

Jimbo

Sep 4, 2009, 12:52:35 PM9/4/09
On Sep 3, 7:26 am, martin <use...@etiqa.co.uk> wrote:
> 2012 Official Countdown wrote:
> > We will keep this short:
>
> > On December 21, 2012 The Sun, The Earth and The Milky WAY will align
> > for the first time in 26,000 years. Scientists all over the globe
> > agree that a cataclysmic event is undoubtedly going to happen.
>
> > After several years of study on various predictions for 2012 (http://
> > en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_doomsday_prediction) , a heavily researched
> > information package is available now THAT WILL HELP MAN KIND.
>
> > For more information visit:http://www.2012theofficialcountdown.com/
>
> What ever happened to Planet X?

Still lurking about... :D

Jimbo

Sep 4, 2009, 12:53:33 PM9/4/09
On Sep 3, 8:03 am, Larry <no...@home.com> wrote:
> Jimbo <ckdbig...@gmail.com> wrote in news:14e0db9a-dd2d-4bca-87f4-
> 3ca026fcc...@m38g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:

> > All for the low cost of $19.95, I'm sure.   The site claims that Gregg
> > Braden is a visionary scientist, but doesn't disclose his credentials
> > as a scientist.  In fact, he probably has no personal credentials.
>
> I bet he has a degree in THEOLOGY....(c;]
>
> --
> Larry

It wouldn't surprise me... Koolaide anyone? :D The next asteroid
will be by to pick us up in three months!! ;)

Jimbo

Sep 4, 2009, 12:55:26 PM9/4/09
On Sep 3, 10:40 am, Meteorite Debris

<epicurusboth@YOUR_SHOESaapt.net.au> wrote:
> Last time that great scribe 2012 Official Countdown
> <2012theofficialcountd...@gmail.com> chipped away at his/her stone these
> gems of wisdom for posterity ...
>

> > We will keep this short:
>
> > On December 21, 2012 The Sun, The Earth and The Milky WAY will align
> > for the first time in 26,000 years. Scientists all over the globe
> > agree that a cataclysmic event is undoubtedly going to happen.
>
> > After several years of study on various predictions for 2012 (http://
> > en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_doomsday_prediction) , a heavily researched
> > information package is available now THAT WILL HELP MAN KIND.
>
> > For more information visit:http://www.2012theofficialcountdown.com/
>
> I have a prediction for December 22 2012 - the next day. That the poster
> will have egg on his face.
>
> --
>
> Remove both YOUR_SHOES before replying
> apatriot #1, atheist #1417,
> Chief EAC prophet
> Jason Gastrich prayed for me on 8 January 2009 and nothing happened.

> "Those who can make you believe absurdities can make
> you commit atrocities." - Voltaire

With doomsday predictors, it doesn't phase them to be wrong. They
just drop back, pick a new date, and punt out the same garbage again.

Jimbo

Sep 4, 2009, 12:56:09 PM9/4/09
On Sep 3, 10:44 am, Nomen Publicus <zzas...@buffy.sighup.org.uk>
wrote:

> MarkA <nob...@nowhere.com> wrote:
> > On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 02:53:02 -0700, 2012 Official Countdown wrote:
>
> >> We will keep this short:
>
> >> On December 21, 2012 The Sun, The Earth and The Milky WAY will align
> >> for the first time in 26,000 years. Scientists all over the globe
> >> agree that a cataclysmic event is undoubtedly going to happen.
>
> >> After several years of study on various predictions for 2012 (http://
> >> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_doomsday_prediction) , a heavily researched
> >> information package is available now THAT WILL HELP MAN KIND.
>
> >> For more information visit:http://www.2012theofficialcountdown.com/
>
> > So, what happened 26,000 years ago?
>
> Seems like we survived.  OHOH, as the world only existed for 6000 years,
> this is our first time.  I wish these idiots would have a conference or
> something to establish a consistent insane view of world history.
>
> --
> Mel Gibson isn't known for being faithful to the original source.
> His remake of The Life of Brian is rubbish. -- Michael C- Hide quoted text -

LOL! Exactly. Or at least publish programs. You can't tell one
nutcase from another without a program.... :D

Jimbo

Sep 4, 2009, 12:59:16 PM9/4/09
On Sep 3, 2:35 pm, 2012 Official Countdown

<2012theofficialcountd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3 Sep, 21:40, Syd <pdwrigh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > What ever happened to Planet X?
>
> > It got zapped by the White Comet Empire before the Yamato could get
> > there.
>
> > PDW
>
> Ignorance is bliss for those who chose to be that way.
>
> Credentials of the scientist:http://www.greggbraden.com/- Hide quoted text -

?!?!? There are no credentials for a scientist at your link. Just
more pseudo spiritual psychobabble.

Jimbo

Sep 4, 2009, 1:00:37 PM9/4/09
On Sep 3, 8:38 pm, "Dr. Smartass, Troll Veterinarian"

<gek...@astroskivviesboymail.com> wrote:
> Jimbo <ckdbig...@gmail.com> wrote in news:14e0db9a-dd2d-4bca-87f4-
> 3ca026fcc...@m38g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:
>

> > On Sep 3, 5:53 am, 2012 Official Countdown
> > <2012theofficialcountd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> We will keep this short:
>
> >> On December 21, 2012 The Sun, The Earth and The Milky WAY will align
> >> for the first time in 26,000 years. Scientists all over the globe
> >> agree that a cataclysmic event is undoubtedly going to happen.
>
> > The guy down the street wearing the tinfoil covered stainless steel
> > soup strainer on his head hardly qualifies as a scientist.
>
> >> After several years of study on various predictions for 2012 (http://
> >> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_doomsday_prediction) , a heavily researched
> >> information package is available now THAT WILL HELP MAN KIND.
>
> >> For more information visit:http://www.2012theofficialcountdown.com/
>
> > All for the low cost of $19.95, I'm sure.   The site claims that Gregg
> > Braden is a visionary scientist, but doesn't disclose his credentials
> > as a scientist.  In fact, he probably has no personal credentials.
>
> He probably has a PhD...in SCIENCE!

If he does, it is not listed at the sites quoted.

Jimbo

Sep 4, 2009, 1:02:59 PM9/4/09
On Sep 3, 9:02 pm, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
<tausti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Larry <no...@home.com> wrote innews:Xns9C7B51F3D6...@74.209.131.13:

> > Jimbo <ckdbig...@gmail.com> wrote in
> > 3ca026fcc...@m38g2000yqd.googlegroups.com:
>
> >> All for the low cost of $19.95, I'm sure.   The site claims
> >> that Gregg Braden is a visionary scientist, but doesn't
> >> disclose his credentials as a scientist.  In fact, he probably
> >> has no personal credentials.
>
> > I bet he has a degree in THEOLOGY....(c;]
>
> More likely, he has a degree in MARKETING.

The website says that he's a former Engineer, that has built bridges
between science and spirituality. My guess is that he got fired after
his gig on Palin's Bridge-To-Nowhere because he took that quite
literally.

Jimbo

Sep 4, 2009, 1:05:04 PM9/4/09
On Sep 3, 9:08 pm, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
<tausti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Uncle Vic <addr...@withheld.com> wrote innews:Xns9C7B5B05...@216.196.97.131:

> > It's only a countdown to a multitude of laughter, idiot.
>
> It's Y2K again. Remember Y2K? The world-wide financial meltdown, the
> complete failure of all utilities, with literal explosions at nuclear
> power plants, water and sewer systems failing, dogs and cats living
> together, etc?
>
> Rembember Y2K?
>
> --
> Terry Austin

The difference is that Y2K actually had a basis in reality. We had a
decade of redesigning and patching software to avoid Y2K to circumvent
the problems that would have occurred. This doomsday crap has no
such basis.

Jimbo

Sep 4, 2009, 1:06:15 PM9/4/09
On Sep 3, 10:03 pm, The Chief Instigator <patr...@io.com> wrote:
> Meteorite Debris <epicurusboth@YOUR_SHOESaapt.net.au> writes:
> >Last time that great scribe 2012 Official Countdown
> ><2012theofficialcountd...@gmail.com> chipped away at his/her stone these gems

> >of wisdom for posterity ...
>
> >> We will keep this short:
>
> >> On December 21, 2012 The Sun, The Earth and The Milky WAY will align for
> >> the first time in 26,000 years. Scientists all over the globe agree that a
> >> cataclysmic event is undoubtedly going to happen.
>
> >> After several years of study on various predictions for 2012 (http://
> >> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_doomsday_prediction) , a heavily researched
> >> information package is available now THAT WILL HELP MAN KIND.
>
> >> For more information visit:http://www.2012theofficialcountdown.com/
>
> >I have a prediction for December 22 2012 - the next day. That the poster
> >will have egg on his face.
>
> The odds are on that morning, my wife will have enjoyed her birthday the
> preceding day...and the doomscreamers will have learned to shut up.

Not likely. They'll just pick a new date, claim that it is the
absolute one and true end of the Earth, and doggedly push on again.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Sep 4, 2009, 1:26:53 PM9/4/09
Jimbo <ckdb...@gmail.com> wrote in
om:

> On Sep 3, 9:08�pm, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
> <tausti...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Uncle Vic <addr...@withheld.com> wrote

>> innews:Xns9C7B5B0561BF0vicman@216.

> 196.97.131:
>>
>> > It's only a countdown to a multitude of laughter, idiot. �
>>
>> It's Y2K again. Remember Y2K? The world-wide financial
>> meltdown, the complete failure of all utilities, with literal
>> explosions at nuclear power plants, water and sewer systems
>> failing, dogs and cats living together, etc?
>>
>> Rembember Y2K?
>>
>> --
>> Terry Austin
>>

> The difference is that Y2K actually had a basis in reality.

No, it really didn't.

> We
> had a decade of redesigning and patching software to avoid Y2K
> to circumvent the problems that would have occurred. This
> doomsday crap has no such basis.

And during that decade, most of that equipment would have been
replaced anyway, because computer equipment wears out. I *did* the
Y2K work for my job, and had to replace, IIRC, four out of three or
four dozen PCs, which were overdue for replacement anyway.

--
Terry Austin

-- David Bilek

Syd

Sep 4, 2009, 3:35:19 PM9/4/09
On Sep 3, 2:35 pm, 2012 Official Countdown

<2012theofficialcountd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3 Sep, 21:40, Syd <pdwrigh...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > What ever happened to Planet X?
>
> > It got zapped by the White Comet Empire before the Yamato could get
> > there.
>
> > PDW
>
> Ignorance is bliss for those who chose to be that way.
>
> Credentials of the scientist:http://www.greggbraden.com/

No.
The only ignorant one in this thread is you.

PDW

The Chief Instigator

Sep 4, 2009, 4:56:42 PM9/4/09
"Thurisaz, Germanic barbarian" <MAILTOs...@carcosa.de> writes:

>Moron "2012 Official Countdown":
>
>> On December 21, 2012 The Sun, The Earth and The Milky WAY will align
>> for the first time in 26,000 years.
>
>Here's a task for you.
>How many times did this happen already (assuming the claim is true) since
>the earth exists?
>
>Those "cataclysms" must be pathetically irrelevant for not ONE of them left
>any traces.
>
>Now get lost and do something useful with your time. Like attending
>elementary school.

You're assuming he's mentally old enough for that lofty height.

haiku jones

Sep 4, 2009, 4:59:08 PM9/4/09

I hereby place that in nomination for Snark of the Month.

Well done.

Haiku Jones

Jimbo

Sep 4, 2009, 5:24:17 PM9/4/09
On Sep 4, 1:26 pm, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
<tausti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jimbo <ckdbig...@gmail.com> wrote innews:f20436c3-ed63-40fa...@t2g2000yqn.googlegroups.c

> om:
>

> > On Sep 3, 9:08 pm, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
> > <tausti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Uncle Vic <addr...@withheld.com> wrote
> >> innews:Xns9C7B5B0561BF0vicman@216.
> > 196.97.131:

> >> It's Y2K again. Remember Y2K? The world-wide financial
> >> meltdown, the complete failure of all utilities, with literal
> >> explosions at nuclear power plants, water and sewer systems
> >> failing, dogs and cats living together, etc?
>
> >> Rembember Y2K?
>
> >> --
> >> Terry Austin
>
> > The difference is that Y2K actually had a basis in reality.
>
> No, it really didn't.

Actually, it really did. I worked in the IT field during the time,
and believe me if the flurry of activity to avoid Y2K hadn't taken
place, there would have been huge problems.

> > We
> > had a decade of redesigning and patching software to avoid Y2K
> > to circumvent the problems that would have occurred.   This
> > doomsday crap has no such basis.
>
> And during that decade, most of that equipment would have been
> replaced anyway, because computer equipment wears out.

The equipment wasn't the problem in the vast majority of cases, the
software running it was.

L.Roberts

Sep 4, 2009, 6:58:02 PM9/4/09
> > > you commit atrocities." - Voltaire- Hide quoted text -

And where did I say aught about an Earth/galaxy alignment? There are
other ways in which the world can come to an end, for instance, if all
that is is generated from All That Is, and that entity commits
suicide, then, all that is, ends. Now, 090909, is a sinister, ominous
looking number. Take the zeros and arrange them in a triangle to
represent the three ciphers, take the three nines and turn them on
their heads to make 666, and what more could anybody want to start a
rumor that the world will end on that date? Isn't my nonsense as valid
as the last guy's?

L.Roberts
aa #2258

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Sep 4, 2009, 7:03:06 PM9/4/09
Jimbo <ckdb...@gmail.com> wrote in
com:

> On Sep 4, 1:26�pm, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
> <tausti...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jimbo <ckdbig...@gmail.com> wrote

>> innews:f20436c3-ed63-40fa-85b4-02c8c6e3
> c7...@t2g2000yqn.googlegroups.c

>> om:

>> > 196.97.131:

>> > The difference is that Y2K actually had a basis in reality.
>>
>> No, it really didn't.
>
> Actually, it really did.

No, really, it didn't. There were exceptions, but there always are.

> I worked in the IT field during the
> time, and believe me if the flurry of activity to avoid Y2K
> hadn't taken place, there would have been huge problems.

Like what?

>> > We
>> > had a decade of redesigning and patching software to avoid
>> > Y2K to circumvent the problems that would have occurred. �
>> > This doomsday crap has no such basis.
>>
>> And during that decade, most of that equipment would have been
>> replaced anyway, because computer equipment wears out.
>
> The equipment wasn't the problem in the vast majority of cases,
> the software running it was.

And that, too, was outdated and overdue for replacement, for the
most part. Our software was ready for Y2K years before it even
occured to us to care.

haiku jones

Sep 4, 2009, 7:07:48 PM9/4/09

And tidily done too, I might add. No need even
for a suicide note, let alone a clean-up crew.

> Now, 090909, is a sinister, ominous
> looking number. Take the zeros and arrange them in a triangle to
> represent the three ciphers, take the three nines and turn them on
> their heads to make 666, and what more could anybody want to start a
> rumor that the world will end on that date?

Oh, it's even worse. Turning your 090909 upside down,
we see that you have symbols for the god Mars,
avatar of war and destruction and farting and
all things male -- these three being carefully
separated by three '0's, obviously a symbol
for the feminine. Taking these out to get
your `666' is not unlike pulling the moderating
rods out of a fission reactor -- the three
Mars, now fully exposed to one another, will
annihilate the universe in an enormous fountaining
of neutrons and gamma rays and muscle car parts.

Yep, you're definitely on to something here. But
you've only got a few days to set up a cheesy
website and go viral with it.

Haiku Jones

Jimbo

Sep 4, 2009, 8:41:33 PM9/4/09
On Sep 4, 7:03 pm, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
<tausti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jimbo <ckdbig...@gmail.com> wrote innews:969e0bac-0734-4895...@g19g2000yqo.googlegroups.

> com:
>

> > On Sep 4, 1:26 pm, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
> > <tausti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Jimbo <ckdbig...@gmail.com> wrote
> >> innews:f20436c3-ed63-40fa-85b4-02c8c6e3
> > c...@t2g2000yqn.googlegroups.c

> >> om:

> >> No, it really didn't.
>
> > Actually, it really did.
>
> No, really, it didn't. There were exceptions, but there always are.
>
> > I worked in the IT field during the
> > time, and believe me if the flurry of activity to avoid Y2K
> > hadn't taken place, there would have been huge problems.
>
> Like what?

Any system that was still accepting two digit dates "98" instead of
"1998" would not have been able to disginquish 1898 from 1998. Your
credit bill may have you 100 years in arrears. LOL! C'mon, these
issues were discussed ad-auseum in the news.

A simple example, a hospital's dialysis machine which is designed to
filter X amount of fluid, over a given time, say one hour, or two
hours. Suddenly the machine thinks that it is 12:00:00 AM 1900,
instead of 12:00:00 AM 2000. The onboard chip shuts the machine down.

The medical field alone was highly vulnerable prior to bringing it to
public attention.

> >> And during that decade, most of that equipment would have been
> >> replaced anyway, because computer equipment wears out.
>
> > The equipment wasn't the problem in the vast majority of cases,
> > the software running it was.
>
> And that, too, was outdated and overdue for replacement, for the
> most part.

But may or may not have been without a spotlight on the problem.
Companies tend to keep software that is doing the job that it was
intended to do for them.

> Our software was ready for Y2K years before it even
> occured to us to care.

Yes, and I'm certain your experience MUST define the whole. Like I
said, the bulk of the impetus behind these upgrades came when IT
professionals and others brought it to public attention.

Mike Painter

Sep 4, 2009, 8:46:19 PM9/4/09
haiku jones wrote:
><snip>

>> The website says that he's a former Engineer, that has built bridges
>> between science and spirituality.
>
>> My guess is that he got fired after
>> his gig on Palin's Bridge-To-Nowhere because he took that quite
>> literally.
>

> I hereby place that in nomination for Snark of the Month.
>
> Well done.

Bob and Ray, a radio show from the old days did a skit where a person is
being interviewed about an unfinished bridge. Fairly serious but in the
background you hear cars, then silence, then a splash.

Jimbo

Sep 4, 2009, 8:58:48 PM9/4/09
> Haiku Jones- Hide quoted text -

Thanks! I wonder what the Golden Snark Award would look like? :D

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Sep 4, 2009, 9:31:10 PM9/4/09
Jimbo <ckdb...@gmail.com> wrote in
om:

> On Sep 4, 7:03�ソスpm, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

> <tausti...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jimbo <ckdbig...@gmail.com> wrote

>> innews:969e0bac-0734-4895-8972-12a99a2e
> fb...@g19g2000yqo.googlegroups.
>> com:

>> > c...@t2g2000yqn.googlegroups.c

>> > Actually, it really did. �ソス

>> No, really, it didn't. There were exceptions, but there always
>> are.
>>
>> > I worked in the IT field during the
>> > time, and believe me if the flurry of activity to avoid Y2K
>> > hadn't taken place, there would have been huge problems.
>>
>> Like what?
>
> Any system that was still accepting two digit dates "98" instead
> of "1998" would not have been able to disginquish 1898 from
> 1998. Your credit bill may have you 100 years in arrears.
> LOL! C'mon, these issues were discussed ad-auseum in the news.

Indeed. The hysterical bullshit from the end-of-the-world crowd was
discussed ad-nauseum in the news.

Banks, however, who handle credit card bills, had a *lot* of
advance warning on Y2K. Friend of mine, his parents had a 27 1/2
year mortagage on their house, for example, because of Y2K. Do the
(date) math. That's quite a bit longer than the life cycle of even
mainframes, and they simply *couldn't* wait until 1999 to fix it
anyway (since nobody is going to be interested in a 1 year, or five
year, or 10 year, mortgage).

And, believe it or not, and you're probably stupid enough that you
don't, when you call your bank and tell them there's an obvious
error in your bill that looks like a hundred years of interest,
they will look at it and agree, and go fix it. Really.

> A simple example, a hospital's dialysis machine which is
> designed to filter X amount of fluid, over a given time, say one
> hour, or two hours. Suddenly the machine thinks that it is
> 12:00:00 AM 1900, instead of 12:00:00 AM 2000. The onboard chip
> shuts the machine down.

So you set the clock back a few years, and cope, until the firmware
upgrade is ready.

> The medical field alone was highly vulnerable prior to bringing
> it to public attention.

Assuming that *everyone* involved in supporting the equipment is an
incompetent idiot. Yeah, there's some workaround needed, but they
were both obvious and widely known where needed. And needing a
workaround with a cranky piece of equipment is hardly unique to
Y2K. Especially in fields where failures can kill people. Your
entire scenario is based on a very insulting assumption that people
who work with such equipment are too stupid or malicious to deal
with issues.

>> > The equipment wasn't the problem in the vast majority of
>> > cases, the software running it was.
>>
>> And that, too, was outdated and overdue for replacement, for
>> the most part.
>
> But may or may not have been without a spotlight on the problem.
> Companies tend to keep software that is doing the job that it
> was intended to do for them.

And the impending problems were obvious, and well known, and could
not possibly *not* have been, since the problems were less well
known, but equally obvious, *decades* earlier.

>> Our software was ready for Y2K years before it even
>> occured to us to care.
>

> Yes, and I'm certain your experience MUST define the whole.
> Like I said, the bulk of the impetus behind these upgrades came
> when IT professionals and others brought it to public attention.

Every place that it actually mattered, IT was staffed by competent,
conscienctious people who knew Y2K was coming years in advance,
and, for the most part, folded the ugprades (hardware and software)
in to regularly scheduled upgrades. It added an additional step in
choosing new equipment, and that was about it. As for "the
public," there were zero issues of importance for them. OK, so your
email says it arrived on Jan 1, 19101 insteadl of Jan 1, 2000. Big
deal. The dog isn't going to die because of it.

--
Terry Austin

Terry Austin: like the polio vaccine, only with more asshole. -

David Bilek

Yeah, I had Terry confused with Hannibal Lecter. - Mike Schilling

Smiler

Sep 4, 2009, 10:50:23 PM9/4/09
"MarkA" <nob...@nowhere.com> wrote in message

> On Thu, 03 Sep 2009 02:53:02 -0700, 2012 Official Countdown wrote:
>

>> We will keep this short:
>>
>> On December 21, 2012 The Sun, The Earth and The Milky WAY will align
>> for the first time in 26,000 years. Scientists all over the globe
>> agree that a cataclysmic event is undoubtedly going to happen.
>>
>> After several years of study on various predictions for 2012 (http://
>> en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_doomsday_prediction) , a heavily researched
>> information package is available now THAT WILL HELP MAN KIND.
>>

>> For more information visit: http://www.2012theofficialcountdown.com/
>
> So, what happened 26,000 years ago?

Exactly the same as what will happen on 21/12/2012.... nothing out of the
ordinary.

--
Smiler
The godless one

Mike Painter

Sep 5, 2009, 12:59:30 AM9/5/09
>>> Like what?
>>
>> Any system that was still accepting two digit dates "98" instead
>> of "1998" would not have been able to disginquish 1898 from
>> 1998. Your credit bill may have you 100 years in arrears.
>> LOL! C'mon, these issues were discussed ad-auseum in the news.

Any system that dealt with dates that went back to 1898 or so would have
kept the date in a proper format.
I'm certainly not aware of anybody having any great worry about it until the
press got it.
Even in the late 70's when memory and storage was expensive and limited
there were solutions available and I still have a book that deals with
It was as most who'd been in the business expected, a non event.

Tim McGaughy

Sep 5, 2009, 1:10:53 AM9/5/09
Jimbo wrote:
> On Sep 4, 1:26 pm, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
> <tausti...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jimbo <ckdbig...@gmail.com> wrote innews:f20436c3-ed63-40fa...@t2g2000yqn.googlegroups.c
>> om:

>>> 196.97.131:
>>> The difference is that Y2K actually had a basis in reality.
>> No, it really didn't.
>
> Actually, it really did. I worked in the IT field during the time,
> and believe me if the flurry of activity to avoid Y2K hadn't taken
> place, there would have been huge problems.

No.

There would have been minor problems, like the senior citizen who got
the computer generated notice that he would have to report to kindergarden.

There would have been problems with computerized billing. Nothing epic.

As it turned out, elevators, pacemakers, cars, etc. really don't give a
fuck whether it's 1900 or 2000.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Sep 5, 2009, 1:11:34 AM9/5/09
"Mike Painter" <md.pa...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in

>>> Any system that was still accepting two digit dates "98"
>>> instead of "1998" would not have been able to disginquish 1898
>>> from 1998. Your credit bill may have you 100 years in
>>> arrears. LOL! C'mon, these issues were discussed ad-auseum
>>> in the news.
>>
> Any system that dealt with dates that went back to 1898 or so
> would have
> kept the date in a proper format.

Actually, more common in my experience was system that would assume
that the year that comes after 99 is 100, and the year had a 19 in
front of it. So the year after 1999 is 19100. This could cause
problems in systems where the year was forced to two digits (and
would obviously cause problems regardless.

> I'm certainly not aware of anybody having any great worry about
> it until the press got it.
> Even in the late 70's when memory and storage was expensive and
> limited there were solutions available and I still have a book
> that deals with It was as most who'd been in the business
> expected, a non event.

Yeah, as I noted, any place where it mattered, it was thought of,
and made ready for, years in advance. Only an *idiot* would think
that banks would not be ready for something that could cost them
millions, or billions, when they knew about it 30 or 40 years in
advance (and they *did*). Only and *idiot* would think that their
IT people would have the slightest problem convincing the money
guys to cough up the dough to fixe it, either. Medical equipment?
Yeah, doctors are going to completely ignore the possibility, and
just let patients die, because the manufacturer didn't send them an
update or something.

In other words, as I said originally, Y2K was a complete non-event,
and was *always* going to be a complete non-event. Software and
equipment get upgraded on a continuous basis anyway. It's just
another item on the list.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Sep 5, 2009, 1:15:29 AM9/5/09
Tim McGaughy <tee...@toast.net> wrote in

> Jimbo wrote:
>> On Sep 4, 1:26 pm, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
>> <tausti...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Jimbo <ckdbig...@gmail.com> wrote
>>> innews:f20436c3-ed63-40fa...@t2g2000yqn.googlegr

>>> oups.c om:

>>> No, it really didn't.
>>
>> Actually, it really did. I worked in the IT field during the
>> time, and believe me if the flurry of activity to avoid Y2K
>> hadn't taken place, there would have been huge problems.
>
> No.
>
> There would have been minor problems, like the senior citizen
> who got the computer generated notice that he would have to
> report to kindergarden.

And that sort of thing happens *anyway*. Infants (or pets) given
credit cards, old people told to report to something only children
would have to do, etc.

> There would have been problems with computerized billing.
> Nothing epic.

And that happens a *lot*, like the *trillion* dollar phone bill a
few months ago. Did the phone company send out armed goons to
collect or else? No, they looked at it, said, "Yeah, that's
obviously an error, let's look in to that" and that was that.

> As it turned out, elevators, pacemakers, cars, etc. really don't
> give a fuck whether it's 1900 or 2000.

That, too. Medical equipment is usually designed to "fail safe" to
the extent it can be. And anything that doesn't *need* the date
doesn't usually track it at all.

Complete non-event.

As will be 2012, which is base not only on superstition, but
outright fabrications.

--
Terry Austin

Terry Austin: like the polio vaccine, only with more asshole. -
David Bilek

Yeah, I had Terry confused with Hannibal Lecter. - Mike Schilling

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Thurisaz, Germanic barbarian

Sep 5, 2009, 1:01:37 AM9/5/09
The Chief Instigator:

>>Now get lost and do something useful with your time. Like attending
>>elementary school.
> You're assuming he's mentally old enough for that lofty height.

Normally those who aren't old enough for elementary school wouldn't be able
to use the internet without he... ermmm... crap I did it again. I
said "normally". :P

--
"To his friend a man a friend shall prove, and gifts with gifts requite;
But men shall mocking with mockery answer, and fraud with falsehood meet."
(The Poetic Edda)
Must have been written with fundies in mind...

My personal judgment of monotheism:
http://www.carcosa.de/nojebus

Tim McGaughy

Sep 5, 2009, 1:19:09 AM9/5/09

So you call the bank, and they straighten out a very obvious error.

> A simple example, a hospital's dialysis machine which is designed to
> filter X amount of fluid, over a given time, say one hour, or two
> hours. Suddenly the machine thinks that it is 12:00:00 AM 1900,
> instead of 12:00:00 AM 2000. The onboard chip shuts the machine down.

Name a single brand of dialysis machine that would have had this
problem. I would expect a dialysis machine to have a timer or clock, not
a clock/calendar.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Sep 5, 2009, 2:17:38 AM9/5/09

> Jimbo wrote:
>> On Sep 4, 7:03 pm, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
>> <tausti...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>> Jimbo <ckdbig...@gmail.com> wrote
>>> innews:969e0bac-0734-4895...@g19g2000yqo.googleg

>>> roups. com:

Oh, but all Y2K worshippers *know*, and how can you doubt, that
banks literally *worship* their computers (and sacrifice small
children to them) and believe the the fundamental structure of all
creation says that the computers can *never* be wrong, and if you
doubt that, they'll send *bad* *men* to your home to beat you, take
your money, and kidnap your children for the next full moon
sacrifice.

>> A simple example, a hospital's dialysis machine which is
>> designed to filter X amount of fluid, over a given time, say
>> one hour, or two hours. Suddenly the machine thinks that it
>> is 12:00:00 AM 1900, instead of 12:00:00 AM 2000. The onboard
>> chip shuts the machine down.
>
> Name a single brand of dialysis machine that would have had this
> problem. I would expect a dialysis machine to have a timer or
> clock, not a clock/calendar.

And if there is/was one, name one that could not simply have its
date reset to 1980 to fix it.

--
Terry Austin

Terry Austin: like the polio vaccine, only with more asshole. -
David Bilek

Yeah, I had Terry confused with Hannibal Lecter. - Mike Schilling

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

The Chief Instigator

Sep 5, 2009, 11:33:44 AM9/5/09
On Sat, 05 Sep 2009 07:01:37 +0200, Thurisaz, Germanic barbarian <MAILTOs...@carcosa.de> wrote:
> The Chief Instigator:
>
>>>Now get lost and do something useful with your time. Like attending
>>>elementary school.
>> You're assuming he's mentally old enough for that lofty height.
>
> Normally those who aren't old enough for elementary school wouldn't be
> able to use the internet without he... ermmm... crap I did it again. I
> said "normally". :P

True enough, though he'll never figure it out. (When I started in school,
the beginnings of the Internet were around a decade ahead.)

Jimbo

Sep 5, 2009, 5:06:05 PM9/5/09
On Sep 5, 2:17 am, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
<tausti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tim McGaughy <tee...@toast.net> wrote innews:SOadnSQqTI9LaTzX...@posted.toastnet:

Having fixed this problem in the medical field the issue was that the
machine's software was not designed to accept a four digit year to
begin with.

Jimbo

Sep 5, 2009, 5:08:14 PM9/5/09

Lexon, Cabrini, and Polar, just to name a few of the ones I worked
with.

I would expect a dialysis machine to have a timer or clock, not

> a clock/calendar.- Hide quoted text -

They do, but used a two digit year field instead of a four, which was
the problem. Patches had to be developed to fix this issue. Did you
not pick up a newspaper at all during the 1990's?

Jimbo

Sep 5, 2009, 5:10:27 PM9/5/09
On Sep 5, 12:59 am, "Mike Painter" <md.pain...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
>   >>> Like what?
>
> >> Any system that was still accepting two digit dates "98" instead
> >> of "1998" would not have been able to disginquish 1898 from
> >> 1998.   Your credit bill may have you 100 years in arrears.
> >> LOL!   C'mon, these issues were discussed ad-auseum in the news.
>
>  Any system that dealt with dates that went back to 1898 or so would have
> kept the date in a proper format.

Not before these problems began to be fixed in the 1990's

Jimbo

Sep 5, 2009, 5:11:26 PM9/5/09
On Sep 4, 9:31 pm, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
<tausti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jimbo <ckdbig...@gmail.com> wrote innews:cb0ed7c0-ad68-4af3...@r5g2000yqi.googlegroups.c
> om:
>

> > On Sep 4, 7:03 pm, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

> > <tausti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Jimbo <ckdbig...@gmail.com> wrote
> >> innews:969e0bac-0734-4895-8972-12a99a2e
> > f...@g19g2000yqo.googlegroups.
> >> com:

> >> And that, too, was outdated and overdue for replacement, for
> >> the most part.
>
> > But may or may not have been without a spotlight on the problem.
> > Companies tend to keep software that is doing the job that it
> > was intended to do for them.
>
> And the impending problems were obvious, and well known, and could
> not possibly *not* have been, since the problems were less well
> known, but equally obvious, *decades* earlier.
>
> >> Our software was ready for Y2K years before it even
> >> occured to us to care.
>
> > Yes, and I'm certain your experience MUST define the whole.
> > Like I said, the bulk of the impetus behind these upgrades came
> > when IT professionals and others brought it to public attention.
>
> Every place that it actually mattered, IT was staffed by competent,
> conscienctious people who knew Y2K was coming years in advance,

Exactly the people I was talking about. Who do you think it was that
prevented the major problems?

Jimbo

Sep 5, 2009, 5:14:45 PM9/5/09
On Sep 5, 1:19 am, Tim McGaughy <tee...@toast.net> wrote:
> a clock/calendar.- Hide quoted text -

Dialysis machines record the dialysis session, date, time, heart rate,
blood pressure, amount of blood filtered, etc. There is far more
than just a simple timer.

Rusty Sites

Sep 5, 2009, 5:33:23 PM9/5/09

Sure. They could just let 10 million erroneous notices go out and then
fix them one at a time. How much trouble could that be? This would
only be a problem if they relied on computers. Why couldn't they just
ditch the computers and start doing everything by hand?

MORON.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Sep 5, 2009, 6:24:50 PM9/5/09
Jimbo <ckdb...@gmail.com> wrote in
com:

> On Sep 5, 2:17�am, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
> <tausti...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Tim McGaughy <tee...@toast.net> wrote

>> innews:SOadnSQqTI9LaTzXnZ2dnUVZ_qKd
> nZ...@posted.toastnet:

And? You seem to have admitted there were not problems that were
not trivial to work around.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Sep 5, 2009, 6:25:45 PM9/5/09
Jimbo <ckdb...@gmail.com> wrote in
com:

> On Sep 5, 1:19�am, Tim McGaughy <tee...@toast.net> wrote:
>> Jimbo wrote:

> a2e...@g19g2000yqo.googlegroups.

What prevented the medical folks from simply resetting the date to
20 years earlier to keep things working? You won't answer that,
will you?

--
Terry Austin

Terry Austin: like the polio vaccine, only with more asshole. -
David Bilek

Yeah, I had Terry confused with Hannibal Lecter. - Mike Schilling

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Sep 5, 2009, 6:26:53 PM9/5/09
Jimbo <ckdb...@gmail.com> wrote in
com:

> On Sep 4, 9:31�pm, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
> <tausti...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> Jimbo <ckdbig...@gmail.com> wrote

>> innews:cb0ed7c0-ad68-4af3-a4db-28eab024
> a4...@r5g2000yqi.googlegroups.c

What makes you think there was any chance in hell of *major*
problems.

You sound *exactly* like the loons who predicted - literally - the
end of western civilization over Y2K: stupid.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Sep 5, 2009, 6:27:43 PM9/5/09
Jimbo <ckdb...@gmail.com> wrote in
com:

> On Sep 5, 1:19�am, Tim McGaughy <tee...@toast.net> wrote:
>> Jimbo wrote:

> a2e...@g19g2000yqo.googlegroups.

I'm still waiting for an explanation of why you couldn't just set
the date back 20 years until the patch is available. I'll be
waiting a long, long time.

--
Terry Austin

Terry Austin: like the polio vaccine, only with more asshole. -
David Bilek

Yeah, I had Terry confused with Hannibal Lecter. - Mike Schilling

Jesus forgives sinners, not criminals.

Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy

Sep 5, 2009, 6:29:39 PM9/5/09
Rusty Sites <Spame...@spamex.com> wrote in

> Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
>> Tim McGaughy <tee...@toast.net> wrote in

Or they could have one of their programmers take care of them all
at once. You don't really know much about this, do you?

> How much trouble could that
> be? This would only be a problem if they relied on computers.
> Why couldn't they just ditch the computers and start doing
> everything by hand?
>
> MORON.

You certainly are, yes.

Free hint, retard: Banks send out mass errors on a regular basis.
It happens. Every month. They deal with it. Because, unlike you,
their IT people are retards. Y2K was no different. Yes, it could
have caused major problems, in the same way that not having your
car services when the Check Engine light comes on. Yes, it's
*possible*, but it only happens to retards. Like you.

fur...@mail.croydon.ac.uk

Sep 5, 2009, 6:32:31 PM9/5/09
On 3 Sep, 10:53, 2012 Official Countdown

<2012theofficialcountd...@gmail.com> wrote:
> We will keep this short:

Thank you

> On December 21, 2012 The Sun, The Earth and The Milky WAY will align
> for the first time in 26,000 years. Scientists all over the globe
> agree that a cataclysmic event is undoubtedly going to happen.

Would you care to name any of these scientists?

Jimbo

Sep 5, 2009, 6:57:20 PM9/5/09

Exactly. Suddenly your receiving 10 million irate customers wondering
why they've been charged for 100 years of late fees and interest.
It's not as simple as some would have you believe.

Jimbo

Sep 5, 2009, 7:00:45 PM9/5/09
On Sep 5, 6:24 pm, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
<tausti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jimbo <ckdbig...@gmail.com> wrote innews:cb0936ca-f852-462d...@g31g2000yqc.googlegroups.

> com:
>

> > On Sep 5, 2:17 am, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
> > <tausti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Tim McGaughy <tee...@toast.net> wrote
> >> innews:SOadnSQqTI9LaTzXnZ2dnUVZ_qKd
> > n...@posted.toastnet:

And without a patch to correct that issue, it could have caused huge
problems.

> You seem to have admitted there were not problems that were
> not trivial to work around.

What I said, precisely, was that had this issue not been brought to
the fore during the 1990's, it could have cause problems that would
not have been easy to work around after the fact of the year 2000.
That is why the issue had to be driven home as soundly as it was.
Governments, hospitals, and corporate administrators are not always
eager to spend the money on such things unless it is shown that it is
essential.

Jimbo

Sep 5, 2009, 7:02:03 PM9/5/09
On Sep 5, 6:25 pm, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
<tausti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jimbo <ckdbig...@gmail.com> wrote innews:562ed5c0-0073-45c0...@s31g2000yqs.googlegroups.

> com:

> > a2ef...@g19g2000yqo.googlegroups.

So... Your solution was to keep inaccurate medical records rather
than fix the problem before hand? I doubt that you would get a
hospital administrator to agree to that, particularly when you are
trying to bill for a service your computer said happened 20 years ago.

Are you serious?

Jimbo

Sep 5, 2009, 7:03:35 PM9/5/09
On Sep 5, 6:26 pm, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
<tausti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jimbo <ckdbig...@gmail.com> wrote innews:5562d7fd-07bb-48b9...@c37g2000yqi.googlegroups.

> com:
>

> > On Sep 4, 9:31 pm, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
> > <tausti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> Jimbo <ckdbig...@gmail.com> wrote
> >> innews:cb0ed7c0-ad68-4af3-a4db-28eab024
> > a...@r5g2000yqi.googlegroups.c

I have already explained this a few times. Had the problem not been
addressed and fixed, there would have been very major problems.

Jimbo

Sep 5, 2009, 7:05:52 PM9/5/09
On Sep 5, 6:27 pm, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
<tausti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jimbo <ckdbig...@gmail.com> wrote innews:54093d4b-74b9-46fd...@w36g2000yqm.googlegroups.

> com:

> > a2ef...@g19g2000yqo.googlegroups.

You send a bill out to your customer and the bill says that the cost
was incurred 20 years ago. You'd certainly be waiting a long time
before I'd send you any money.

My guess is that you've become religious in your belief that Y2K was
simply made up to scare the kiddies. The fact of the matter was that
it took a whole lot of dedicated people a whole lot of man hours to
prevent major problems so you can feel comfortable in your denial.
"See!! Nothing wrong here! All is well!"

Idiot.

Jimbo

Sep 5, 2009, 7:06:33 PM9/5/09
On Sep 5, 6:29 pm, Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy
<tausti...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Rusty Sites <SpameYou...@spamex.com> wrote innews:Tb2dnTw9EKe4RD_X...@supernews.com:

LOL! You have no real understanding of programming, do you?

Mike Painter

Sep 5, 2009, 7:33:07 PM9/5/09

So you claim that no program that tracked historical data kept a date in a
suitable format prior to the 1990's.

Odd. '1234567890' is the Unix time stamp that represents February 13, 2009
at exactly 23:31:30.
It is the number of seconds since 00:00:00 UTC on January 1 1970.
Pick (the far superior OS) has a similar method and I'm sure there are
others since even dBase II used a yyyy mm dd format. and it's timestamp
marked the date is the number of days since 01/01/4713 BC

Jimbo

Sep 5, 2009, 7:40:43 PM9/5/09
On Sep 5, 7:33 pm, "Mike Painter" <md.pain...@sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> Jimbo wrote:

> >> Any system that dealt with dates that went back to 1898 or so would
> >> have kept the date in a proper format.
>
> > Not before these problems began to be fixed in the 1990's
>
> So you claim that no program that tracked historical data kept a date in a
> suitable format prior to the 1990's.

I wouldn't say that none did, but most anything microsoft, NT, etc...
and older DOS and DR Dos programs and LINUX prior to 1994 all carried
the two digit date format.

> Odd. '1234567890' is the Unix time stamp that represents  February 13, 2009
> at exactly 23:31:30.

At the beginning of the 1990's, UNIX represented about 14% of the
total server usage, and none of the personal computing market. I
agree though, UNIX was ahead of the game where this issue was
concerned.

Mike Painter

Sep 5, 2009, 7:46:20 PM9/5/09

>> .
>>>
>>> Name a single brand of dialysis machine that would have had
>>> this problem. I would expect a dialysis machine to have a timer
>>> or clock, not a clock/calendar.- Hide quoted text -

>> Dialysis machines record the dialysis session, date, time, heart
>> rate, blood pressure, amount of blood filtered, etc. There is
>> far more than just a simple timer.
>>
> I'm still waiting for an explanation of why you couldn't just set
> the date back 20 years until the patch is available. I'll be
> waiting a long, long time.

I'd also want to know why the machine would shut down because of an earlier
date as well as which machines did this.
Why would a company design a system that would stop rather than sound an
alarm if something like this happened?
What happens to the patient when the machine stops since a bit of his blood
is sitting in a machine?

Mike Painter

Sep 5, 2009, 7:52:08 PM9/5/09
Gutless Umbrella Carrying Sissy wrote:
<snip>

> What makes you think there was any chance in hell of *major*
> problems.
>
> You sound *exactly* like the loons who predicted - literally - the
> end of western civilization over Y2K: stupid.

THERE WAS A MAJOR PROBLEM AND I JUST FOUND OUT ABOUT IT!!!

"On Saturday, January 1, Godiva Chocolates was experiencing business as
usual. Yesterday, however, the first day of the fiscal week for Godiva, they
discovered that everything including cash registers, was down in their New
York City, NY store. They located the problem at 9 AM, downloaded a patch by
noon and were back up and operational. Due to Godiva's unique
hardware/software configuration, the company believes that each individual
store will need to perform the correction patch for business operations
today."
http://www.direct.ca/trinity/Y2K.html
Sob, a day without,...
wait a minute, I don't think I've ever tried any.
Never mind.

It is loading more messages.