Molecular Machines and the Death of Darwinism

Bob

Nov 15, 2016, 6:43:27 PM11/15/16

William Dembski is Associate Research Professor, Baylor University;
Senior Fellow, Discovery Institute; and Executive Director for the
International Society for Complexity, Information and Design. He holds a
Ph.D. in Math and a Ph.D. in Philosophy, both from the University of
Illinois, Chicago. Dr. Dembski is known for his book, Intelligent
Design: The Bridge Between Science and Philosophy. Jonathan Wells is
Senior Fellow, Discovery Institute, and holds a Ph.D. in Molecular and
Cell Biology, from U. C. Berkeley, and a Ph.D. in Religious Studies,
Yale University. He is well-known for his book Icons of Evolution: Why
much of what we teach about evolution is wrong. Paul Nelson holds a
Ph.D. in Philosophy, from the University of Chicago and has published
articles in Biology & Philosophy, Zygon, Rhetoric and Public Affairs,
and Touchstone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-D2ng2mvyes

Davej

Nov 15, 2016, 7:17:27 PM11/15/16
On Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 5:43:27 PM UTC-6, Bob wrote:
> William Dembski is...

...an idiot.

Melzzzzz

Nov 15, 2016, 7:18:35 PM11/15/16
With title or not crank is still crank...

--
press any key to continue or any other to quit

John Locke

Nov 15, 2016, 8:06:46 PM11/15/16
...and yet another non-credible Creationist pseudoscience video.
Here we have William Dembski at RationalWiki:
http://rationalwiki.org/wiki/William_Dembski

William Dembski is one of the main pushers of the pseudoscience of
intelligent design, specifically his unfalsifiable concept of
"specified complexity".

Unusually for a creationist, he does in fact have some actual
credentials: a Ph.D in mathematics from the University of Chicago, a
Ph.D in philosophy from the University of Illinois at Chicago, and a
Masters of Divinity from Princeton Theological Seminary. Now, if only
one those fine institutions recognized Intelligent Design as being
anything but an absolute hodgepodge of nonsense, he'd be set.
In 2012, he taught as the Phillip E. Johnson Research Professor of
Science and Culture at the Southern Evangelical Seminary in North
Carolina. As of 2013, Dembski serves as a senior fellow of the
Discovery Institute's Center for Science and Culture or "CSC".
Thus; despite having been educated at real universities, he "lectures"
and "does research" at institutions that are at the very deep end of
overtly faith-driven pseudoscience.

John Locke

Nov 15, 2016, 8:26:45 PM11/15/16
On Tue, 15 Nov 2016 16:17:25 -0800 (PST), Davej <gal...@hotmail.com>
wrote:

>On Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 5:43:27 PM UTC-6, Bob wrote:
>> William Dembski is...
>

>...an idiot.

...but pretty well educated and a descent mathematician. Dembski
is one guy who really should know better then to bury his nose in
pseudo-science.

Andrew

Nov 16, 2016, 5:44:54 AM11/16/16
"Davej" wrote in message news:089d85d7-865d-4538...@googlegroups.com...
> Bob wrote:
>> William Dembski is...
>

> ...an idiot.

Insults are the last resort of insecure people
with a crumbling position trying to appear
confident. http://alturl.com/3n7cj

Malcolm McMahon

Nov 16, 2016, 6:11:32 AM11/16/16
On Tuesday, 15 November 2016 23:43:27 UTC, Bob wrote:

I was just reading today that the basic theory of evolution (including that humans evolved from animals) goes back to about 600 years BCE.

So "Darwinism" looks more feeble than ever as a designation.

Christopher A. Lee

Nov 16, 2016, 6:18:13 AM11/16/16
wrote:

>On Tuesday, November 15, 2016 at 5:43:27 PM UTC-6, Bob wrote:
>> William Dembski is...
>

>...an idiot.

A transparently dishonest idiot who prostitutes his scientific
credentials to pose as an authority when he spews his nonsense.

Christopher A. Lee

Nov 16, 2016, 7:22:06 AM11/16/16
On Wed, 16 Nov 2016 03:11:29 -0800 (PST), Malcolm McMahon
<malcol...@googlemail.com> wrote:

>On Tuesday, 15 November 2016 23:43:27 UTC, Bob wrote:
>
>I was just reading today that the basic theory of evolution (including
>that humans evolved from animals) goes back to about 600 years BCE.

Anaximander, born circa 610 BCE.

>So "Darwinism" looks more feeble than ever as a designation.

The idiots imagine Darwin came up with it, but his contribution was
the first scientifically derived explanation for what was already
known among those studying wildlife and geology.

His publication of Origin in 1859 brought it to the attention of the
general public because the recently invented steam-operated printing
press meant it was published in much larger numbers than it would have
been a couple of decades earlier, and the rapidly expanding railway
system meant it was distributed far and wide.

Bob

Nov 16, 2016, 9:13:32 AM11/16/16
Oh yes. You should watch the video that I posted the link to right
after I posted "Molecular Machines and the Death of Darwinism".

That's "The Pagan Roots of The Philosophy of Evolution" at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqFChgeSJGA

You guys go way back.

You're welcome.

Malcolm McMahon

Nov 16, 2016, 9:29:17 AM11/16/16
I don't think Democratus was pagan. He was an Atheist.

Pagan implies the worship of rural gods.

Of course during the Christian era vast amounts of scientific knowledge was lost or hidden.

Bob

Nov 16, 2016, 9:36:09 AM11/16/16
On 11/16/2016 9:29 AM, Malcolm McMahon wrote:
> On Wednesday, 16 November 2016 14:13:32 UTC, Bob wrote:
>> On 11/16/2016 6:11 AM, Malcolm McMahon wrote:
>>> On Tuesday, 15 November 2016 23:43:27 UTC, Bob wrote:
>>>
>>> I was just reading today that the basic theory of evolution
>>> (including that humans evolved from animals) goes back to about
>>> 600 years BCE.
>>>
>>> So "Darwinism" looks more feeble than ever as a designation.
>>>

>> Oh yes. You should watch the video that I posted the link to
>> right after I posted "Molecular Machines and the Death of
>> Darwinism".
>>
>> That's "The Pagan Roots of The Philosophy of Evolution" at
>> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cqFChgeSJGA
>>
>> You guys go way back.
>>
>> You're welcome.
>
> I don't think Democratus was pagan. He was an Atheist.
>
> Pagan implies the worship of rural gods.

Yeah, I know, I know. Read my next post to you.

> Of course during the Christian era vast amounts of scientific
> knowledge was lost or hidden.

Thanks for that unsupported opinion.