God created the Big Bang

BURT

Sep 15, 2010, 9:24:12 PM9/15/10
Science has to bow to that truth that religion could use as a valid
argument against it.

Mitch Raemsch

John Locke

Sep 15, 2010, 10:11:44 PM9/15/10
On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 18:24:12 -0700 (PDT), BURT <macro...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>Science has to bow to that truth that religion could use as a valid
>argument against it.

There's no truth in region and certainly no answers. That's why we
have science.

""All national institutions of churches, whether Jewish, Christian,
or Turkish, appear to me no other than human inventions, set up to
terrify and enslave mankind, and monopolize power and profit."
-- Thomas Paine

Inertial

Sep 15, 2010, 10:27:45 PM9/15/10
"BURT" wrote in message

>Science has to bow to that truth that religion could use as a valid
>argument against it.

Keep your religious claptrap out of physics forums. And you statement above
makes no sense

Uncle Vic

Sep 15, 2010, 10:43:12 PM9/15/10

Square god, round hole. Deal.

--
Uncle Vic
aa Atheist #2011

"REAL science is proving what the Bible has said all along."
--AllSeeing-I 9/12/10

Davej

Sep 15, 2010, 11:45:42 PM9/15/10
On Sep 15, 8:24 pm, BURT <macromi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Science has to bow to that truth that religion could use as a valid
> argument against it.

Try reading Exodus 20-31. GAWD supposedly said all that stupid crap.
Religion is a reeking load of shit.

Olrik

Sep 16, 2010, 12:15:21 AM9/16/10

Fruit Salad

Fresh summer fruits go perfectly with the Fruit Cream Dressing, making a
luscious dessert that's easier on the waistline than traditional fat
loaded cakes or pies.

Ingredients:

2 cups fresh seedless grapes , whole or cut depending on size
4 cups melon balls, cantaloupe or honeydew
4 cups nectarines or peaches, peeled & sliced
2 cups fresh blueberries
2 cups fresh strawberries
2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
1 cup sliced kiwi fruit

Directions:

1. Combine all fruits and chill.

2. Serve with Fruit Cream Dressing (recipe below).

Fruit Cream Dressing:

Ingredients:

1 (8-ounce) package cream cheese, softened
1 cup powdered sugar
1 cup whipping cream
1/4 cup granulated sugar
Juice from 1 lemon
Pineapple juice

Directions:

1. Soften cream cheese, whip with powdered sugar.

2. In a separate bowl, combine whipping cream and sugar together, whip
until it forms soft peaks.

3. Combine beaten cream cheese, whipped cream, and lemon juice; continue
to beat, adding just enough pineapple juice to achieve desired consistency.

4. Serve with fresh fruit salad.

BURT

Sep 16, 2010, 12:21:42 AM9/16/10

I guess you're the fruit.

Mitch Raemsch

Steve Knight

Sep 16, 2010, 12:34:44 AM9/16/10
wrote:

>Science has to bow to that truth that religion could use as a valid

>argument against it.
>
>Mitch Raemsch

But, but, but... Hawking said it was bullshit. He's the SMARTEST man
in the world! So 'your' wrong.

Warlord Steve
BAAWA

BURT

Sep 16, 2010, 12:39:42 AM9/16/10
On Sep 15, 9:34 pm, Steve Knight <sknigh...@cox.net> wrote:
> On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 18:24:12 -0700 (PDT), BURT <macromi...@yahoo.com>

> wrote:
>
> >Science has to bow to that truth that religion could use as a valid
> >argument against it.
>
> >Mitch Raemsch
>
>  But, but, but... Hawking said it was bullshit. He's the SMARTEST man
> in the world! So 'your' wrong.
>
> Warlord Steve
> BAAWA

That guy never followed up with the few things in physics he got
right.

Prove that I am not the smartest man in the world now!
Relgion didn't loose.

Mitch Raemsch - Twice Nobel Laureate for this year in physics

Uncle Vic

Sep 16, 2010, 12:41:25 AM9/16/10
One fine day in alt.atheism, BURT <macro...@yahoo.com> wrote:

Please taste it first.

Olrik

Sep 16, 2010, 12:41:50 AM9/16/10
Le 2010-09-16 00:21, BURT a écrit :
> On Sep 15, 9:15 pm, Olrik<olrik...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Fruit Salad

> I guess you're the fruit.

Glad you acknowledge your original post was meaningless. Thanks.

> Mitch Raemsch

Uncle Vic

Sep 16, 2010, 12:53:45 AM9/16/10
One fine day in alt.atheism, BURT <macro...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> On Sep 15, 9:34 pm, Steve Knight <sknigh...@cox.net> wrote:
>> On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 18:24:12 -0700 (PDT), BURT <macromi...@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Science has to bow to that truth that religion could use as a valid
>> >argument against it.
>>
>> >Mitch Raemsch
>>
>>  But, but, but... Hawking said it was bullshit. He's the SMARTEST man
>> in the world! So 'your' wrong.
>>
>> Warlord Steve
>> BAAWA
>
> That guy never followed up with the few things in physics he got
> right.

But he rides a wheelchair. How can you go wrong if you ride a
wheelchair?

> Prove that I am not the smartest man in the world now!

Can't prove a negative. Prove that I'm not the richest man in the world.

> Relgion didn't loose.

Religion didn't loose what? Did it not loose arrows? What did it not
loose? Or did you mean "LOSE"?

Religion always loses. Have you ever read the bible?

> Mitch Raemsch - Twice Nobel Laureate for this year in physics

...yet cannot discern the difference between "loose" and "lose".

Bwaaaaahahahahaha!

--
Uncle Vic
aa Atheist #2011

EAC looser of losers

BURT

Sep 16, 2010, 12:53:46 AM9/16/10
> > Mitch Raemsch- Hide quoted text -

Religion didn't loose the argument on God.

Mitch Raemsch

Olrik

Sep 16, 2010, 12:59:10 AM9/16/10

Another meaningless post. Sue your parents.

> Mitch Raemsch

Uncle Vic

BURT

Sep 16, 2010, 1:08:35 AM9/16/10

Hawking didn't win.

Mitch Raemsch

Olrik

Sep 16, 2010, 1:16:06 AM9/16/10

Just pray for yourself and leave science alone. It does not concern you.

Mickey

Sep 16, 2010, 1:34:17 AM9/16/10

I see. You are going to disagree with anyone who
doesn't agree with you about anything, even if you
are wrong about everything or simply here to make
trouble. My guess would be that you just want to
make trouble. How fundie of you to troll alt.atheism
and to cross-post to a physics newsgroup that
obviously wants nothing to do with a fool like you.

BURT

Sep 16, 2010, 1:39:07 AM9/16/10

Then I must of done something right.

Mitch Raemsch

BURT

Sep 16, 2010, 1:44:16 AM9/16/10
> Just pray for yourself and leave science alone. It does not concern you.- Hide quoted text -

Olrik? I am a two time Nobel Prize winner for this year
Science cannot get rid of me. The announcements are comming soon!
Maybe you can look down on me until then!

Mitch Raemsch

Mickey

Sep 16, 2010, 2:19:47 AM9/16/10
On Sep 16, 12:15 am, Olrik <olrik...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Fruit Salad
>
> Fresh summer fruits go perfectly with the Fruit Cream Dressing, making a
> luscious dessert that's easier on the waistline than traditional fat
> loaded cakes or pies.
>
> Ingredients:
>
> 2 cups fresh seedless grapes , whole or cut depending on size
> 4 cups melon balls, cantaloupe and honeydew
> 4 cups nectarines and peaches, sliced

> 2 cups fresh pineapple chunks
> 1 cup sliced kiwi fruit
>
> Directions:
>
> 1. Combine all fruits and chill.

Come on, Olric! I just found out I'm diabetic. No
strawberries and blueberries (I'm allergic to
fresh strawberries) and, definitely no fruit
cream dressing. But the rest of the fruit salad
sounds delicious. And, none of this 'or' stuff.
I want them all! And, I've changed the ingredients
so my doctor won't bite my head off next time she
checks my blood sugar.

Mickey

Sep 16, 2010, 2:20:53 AM9/16/10

Thank you for proving what a bigotted son of a trash
heap you are.

Mickey

Sep 16, 2010, 2:44:26 AM9/16/10
On Sep 16, 1:08 am, BURT <macromi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sep 15, 9:59 pm, Olrik <olrik...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> > > Religion didn't loose the argument on God.

> > Another meaningless post. Sue your parents.
>
> > > Mitch Raemsch
>

> Hawking didn't win.
>
> Mitch Raemsch

And, you are so desperate for attention that you
constantly have to brag about Nobel Prizes that
can't be found on the Internet. First in
2008 and now in 2010. How odd.

Velociraptor

Sep 16, 2010, 9:20:36 AM9/16/10
On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 21:39:42 -0700 (PDT), BURT <macro...@yahoo.com>
wrote:

>On Sep 15, 9:34 pm, Steve Knight <sknigh...@cox.net> wrote:

>> On Wed, 15 Sep 2010 18:24:12 -0700 (PDT), BURT <macromi...@yahoo.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Science has to bow to that truth that religion could use as a valid
>> >argument against it.
>>
>> >Mitch Raemsch
>>
>>  But, but, but... Hawking said it was bullshit. He's the SMARTEST man
>> in the world! So 'your' wrong.
>>
>> Warlord Steve
>> BAAWA
>
>That guy never followed up with the few things in physics he got
>right.
>
>Prove that I am not the smartest man in the world now!

OK
You said recently:

-- Science has to bow to that truth that religion could use as a valid
-- argument against it.

That does not make sense. Maybe you left out a few words, or perhaps
you intended to type 2 different sentences and they got mixed up.

>Relgion didn't loose.
>
>Mitch Raemsch - Twice Nobel Laureate for this year in physics

Well I've got four Nobel prizes!
--
velociraptor_nice_reptile @NO_SPAM yahoo.co.uk

Igor

Sep 16, 2010, 10:17:00 AM9/16/10
On Sep 15, 9:24 pm, BURT <macromi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

What truth is that? And science doesn't have to "bow" to anything.
Something is either falsifiable or it isn't. God isn't. Therefore
science has nothing to say about your silly beliefs.

archie dux

Sep 16, 2010, 11:07:00 AM9/16/10

Apparently these are the Covert Nobel Prizes,
or as those on the inside refer to them,
the "Real" Nobel Prizes.

Sadly, what with my having told you this,
you may expect a knock on your door
presently.

archie

archie dux

Sep 16, 2010, 11:08:09 AM9/16/10

Really! They've started giving out more than one
Prize for physics per year?

When did this start?

archie

BURT

Sep 16, 2010, 3:00:38 PM9/16/10

In three weeks. But you will have to wait until then!

> archie- Hide quoted text -

default

Sep 16, 2010, 3:55:45 PM9/16/10
wrote:

>Science has to bow to that truth that religion could use as a valid
>argument against it.
>
>Mitch Raemsch

The big bang (a theory) happened therefore god dunnit?

Hmm - how do you know? Were you there? Did you see the almighty
smiter screwing around in space or nothingness?

How do you know it is a Universe, could this be part of a Multiverse?

That sounds redundant to me, maybe there's a "verse" with unlimited
"uni"verses?

Syd M.

Sep 16, 2010, 4:22:03 PM9/16/10
On Sep 15, 9:24 pm, BURT <macromi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Science has to bow to that truth that religion could use as a valid
> argument against it.
>
> Mitch Raemsch

No.
It has to do no such thing.

PDW

Smiler

Sep 16, 2010, 7:14:06 PM9/16/10

From the guys in the black EAC (ntie) helicopters!

--
Smiler,
The godless one. a.a.# 2279

JohnN

Sep 16, 2010, 7:35:45 PM9/16/10

Meanwhile, three weeks later on Oct 8th: chirp, chirp, chirp

JohnN

BURT

Sep 16, 2010, 7:38:29 PM9/16/10
> JohnN- Hide quoted text -

Bye Bye.

Steve Knight

Sep 16, 2010, 8:38:31 PM9/16/10
wrote:

>On Sep 15, 9:34 pm, Steve Knight <sknigh...@cox.net> wrote:

They don't choose the winners until October.

Whoops!

I should know. I have nine or ten of them.. no twenty! I have
twenty. Wanna buy a Tux?

Warlord Steve
BAAWA

Darwin123

Sep 16, 2010, 8:47:06 PM9/16/10
On Sep 16, 1:08 am, BURT <macromi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> Hawking didn't win.
>
> Mitch Raemsch

Hawking didn't win or lose. Hawking wasn't even playing.

Darwin123

Sep 16, 2010, 8:52:13 PM9/16/10
On Sep 16, 1:07 am, Uncle Vic <addr...@withheld.com> wrote:
> > Religion didn't loose the argument on God.
>
> > Mitch Raemsch
>
> Yet another internet "LOOSE" LOSER!!!
Burt won two Noobel priizes.

DanielSan

Sep 16, 2010, 9:14:13 PM9/16/10

I can't get any more. I have too many Pulitzers.

--
DanielSan -- alt.atheism #2226
EAC Warden - Occam Asylum

BURT

Sep 16, 2010, 9:26:09 PM9/16/10

Hawking said science would win. And told the world we don't need God.

Mitch Raemsch

Olrik

Sep 17, 2010, 12:42:45 AM9/17/10

And Hawking's right. What's your problem ?

Olrik

> Mitch Raemsch

Mickey

Sep 17, 2010, 11:57:12 AM9/17/10

That should be 'I must have'. So, you did
something wrong. Plus, you never did win
a Nobel Prize.

Mickey

Sep 17, 2010, 11:59:58 AM9/17/10
Oh. I thought you meant the guys in the white coats.

Mickey

Sep 17, 2010, 12:01:47 PM9/17/10
On Sep 16, 7:38 pm, BURT <macromi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sep 16, 4:35 pm, JohnN <jnorri...@hotmail.com> wrote:

> > > In three weeks. But you will have to wait until then!
>
> > Meanwhile, three weeks later on Oct 8th: chirp, chirp, chirp
>
> Bye Bye.

Giving up already?

Mickey

Sep 17, 2010, 12:03:52 PM9/17/10
He's right. So?

Christopher A. Lee

Sep 17, 2010, 12:07:08 PM9/17/10

Because science models reality consistently, predictably and
predictively. Its explanations are expected to work, and do. Religion
plucks non-explanations for questions only it has, out of thin air and
expects them to be taken seriously.

BURT

Sep 17, 2010, 2:39:52 PM9/17/10
On Sep 17, 9:07 am, Christopher A. Lee <ca...@optonline.net> wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 09:03:52 -0700 (PDT), Mickey
>
> <hypati...@comcast.net> wrote:

> >> Hawking said science would win. And told the world we don't need God.
>
> >He's right. So?

Not at all. Science can't win that argument.

Mitch Raemsch

Smiler

Sep 17, 2010, 10:46:47 PM9/17/10

They're too busy with BURT to bother with you. And, you being #1, I'd have
thought you *knew* about the black helicopters.

BURT

Sep 17, 2010, 10:58:19 PM9/17/10
> fit the prejudices of their believers.- Hide quoted text -

Hawking says he's going to prove that the universe created itself.
Of course he lost that argument to religion.

Mitch Raemsch

Smiler

Sep 18, 2010, 7:05:25 PM9/18/10
On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 19:58:19 -0700, BURT wrote:

> On Sep 17, 7:46 pm, Smiler <Smi...@JoeKing.com> wrote:

>> > Oh. I thought you meant the guys in the white coats.
>>
>> They're too busy with BURT to bother with you. And, you being #1, I'd
>> have thought you *knew* about the black helicopters.
>>
>> --
>> Smiler,
>> The godless one. a.a.# 2279
>> All gods are bespoke. They're all made to exactly fit the prejudices of
>> their believers.- Hide quoted text -

> Hawking says he's going to prove that the universe created itself. Of
> course he lost that argument to religion.

Nope.

BURT

Sep 18, 2010, 7:23:08 PM9/18/10
On Sep 18, 4:05 pm, Smiler <Smi...@JoeKing.com> wrote:
> On Fri, 17 Sep 2010 19:58:19 -0700, BURT wrote:

> fit the prejudices of their believers.- Hide quoted text -

How is Hawking going to win that argument?
Religon didn't lose.

Mitch Raemsch

Smiler

Sep 19, 2010, 7:41:55 PM9/19/10
On Sat, 18 Sep 2010 16:23:08 -0700, BURT wrote:

> On Sep 18, 4:05 pm, Smiler <Smi...@JoeKing.com> wrote:

>> > Hawking says he's going to prove that the universe created itself. Of
>> > course he lost that argument to religion.
>>
>> Nope.
>>

> How is Hawking going to win that argument? Religon didn't lose.

Try reading his exact words, not the spin you put on them.

BURT

Sep 19, 2010, 8:42:59 PM9/19/10

I am responding to "Science will win."
But that would be foolish to believe.

Mitch Raemsch

> --
> Smiler,
> The godless one. a.a.# 2279
> All gods are bespoke. They're all made to exactly

> fit the prejudices of their believers.- Hide quoted text -

Smiler

Sep 20, 2010, 7:15:37 PM9/20/10

Which is not mentioned in this thread.

> But that would be foolish to believe.

Yep. It's always foolish to believe...without evidence.

BURT

Sep 20, 2010, 7:28:31 PM9/20/10
- Which is not mentioned in this thread.

You say that I must use Hawking's very own words. And because I made
them exact
and now they are in this thread.

> > But that would be foolish to believe.

> Yep. It's always foolish to believe...without evidence.

Hawking cannot say there is No God without absolute evidence.
Relgion didn't lose.

Mitch Raemsch

> --
> Smiler,
> The godless one. a.a.# 2279
> All gods are bespoke. They're all made to exactly

archie dux

Sep 20, 2010, 7:39:32 PM9/20/10

Which of the tens of thousands of religion
"didn't lose"?

Which of the tens of thousands of
cresation stories was right?

archie

BURT

Sep 20, 2010, 7:43:46 PM9/20/10

All that believe in God.

> Which of the tens of thousands of
> cresation stories was right?

The one that includes the Big Bang.

> archie
>

> > Mitch Raemsch
>
> > > --
> > > Smiler,
> > > The godless one. a.a.# 2279
> > > All gods are bespoke. They're all made to exactly
> > > fit the prejudices of their believers.- Hide quoted text -

God is the Creator of the Big Bang.

Mitch Raemsch

Free Lunch

Sep 20, 2010, 7:48:01 PM9/20/10
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 16:43:46 -0700 (PDT), BURT <macro...@yahoo.com>
wrote in alt.atheism:

>On Sep 20, 4:39 pm, archie dux <architeuthis0...@gmail.com> wrote:

>> Which of the tens of thousands of religion
>> "didn't lose"?
>
>All that believe in God.
>

>> Which of the tens of thousands of
>> cresation stories was right?
>
>The one that includes the Big Bang.

>God is the Creator of the Big Bang.

We have no reason to accept that claim, though nothing shows that it is
wrong, either. One can substitute any noun for God and be equally
correct in that statement.

BURT

Sep 20, 2010, 7:50:29 PM9/20/10
On Sep 20, 4:48 pm, Free Lunch <lu...@nofreelunch.us> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 16:43:46 -0700 (PDT), BURT <macromi...@yahoo.com>

God has no reason to prove that He exists.

Mitch Raemsch

AZ Nomad

Sep 20, 2010, 7:52:07 PM9/20/10
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 16:43:46 -0700 (PDT), BURT <macro...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>God is the Creator of the Big Bang.

Kermit the frog created your god.

BURT

Sep 20, 2010, 7:59:41 PM9/20/10
On Sep 20, 4:52 pm, AZ Nomad <aznoma...@PremoveOBthisOX.COM> wrote:

> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 16:43:46 -0700 (PDT), BURT <macromi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> >God is the Creator of the Big Bang.
>
> Kermit the frog created your god.

Jim Henson was a gentle genius.
And God Created Himself.

Mitch Raemsch

archie dux

Sep 20, 2010, 8:06:00 PM9/20/10

Indeed.

Not only that, God seems to have gone to
rather extreme lengths to convince any
intelligent and reflective person that
He does not exist.

Rather an odd practice, but who am I
to tell God He's going about it all wrong?

archie

> Mitch Raemsch

BURT

Sep 20, 2010, 8:07:55 PM9/20/10
> > Mitch Raemsch- Hide quoted text -

There is Intelligent Design but you have to be intelligent to see it.

Mitch Raemsch

Free Lunch

Sep 20, 2010, 8:24:16 PM9/20/10
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 16:50:29 -0700 (PDT), BURT <macro...@yahoo.com>
wrote in alt.atheism:

>On Sep 20, 4:48 pm, Free Lunch <lu...@nofreelunch.us> wrote:
>> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 16:43:46 -0700 (PDT), BURT <macromi...@yahoo.com>
>> wrote in alt.atheism:

>> >All that believe in God.

>> >The one that includes the Big Bang.

>> >God is the Creator of the Big Bang.
>>
>> We have no reason to accept that claim, though nothing shows that it is
>> wrong, either. One can substitute any noun for God and be equally
>> correct in that statement.
>
>God has no reason to prove that He exists.

God is indistinguishable from nothing.

Free Lunch

Sep 20, 2010, 8:25:09 PM9/20/10
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:07:55 -0700 (PDT), BURT <macro...@yahoo.com>
wrote in alt.atheism:

How arrogant your self-praise.

Sincerely,

Dunning-Krueger

BURT

Sep 20, 2010, 8:32:47 PM9/20/10
On Sep 20, 5:24 pm, Free Lunch <lu...@nofreelunch.us> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 16:50:29 -0700 (PDT), BURT <macromi...@yahoo.com>

> wrote in alt.atheism:
>

> >On Sep 20, 4:48 pm, Free Lunch <lu...@nofreelunch.us> wrote:

> >> We have no reason to accept that claim, though nothing shows that it is
> >> wrong, either. One can substitute any noun for God and be equally
> >> correct in that statement.
>
> >God has no reason to prove that He exists.
>
> God is indistinguishable from nothing.- Hide quoted text -

He does not have to prove that He exists or does not exist.
Neither does He exist nor does He not exist.

Mitch Raemsch

Free Lunch

Sep 20, 2010, 8:58:54 PM9/20/10
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:32:47 -0700 (PDT), BURT <macro...@yahoo.com>
wrote in alt.atheism:

There's no evidence that any gods exist. Why do you assume otherwise?

BURT

Sep 20, 2010, 9:16:41 PM9/20/10
On Sep 20, 5:58 pm, Free Lunch <lu...@nofreelunch.us> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:32:47 -0700 (PDT), BURT <macromi...@yahoo.com>
> There's no evidence that any gods exist. Why do you assume otherwise?- Hide quoted text -

I can see it for myself. There is Intelligent Design with an Absolute
Beginning at the Big Bang. There is no universe without God.

Mitch Raemsch

DanielSan

Sep 20, 2010, 9:47:30 PM9/20/10
> God is the Creator of the Big Bang.

No evidence of that.

--
DanielSan -- alt.atheism #2226
EAC Warden - Occam Asylum
"The way to see by faith is to shut the eye
of reason: The Morning Daylight appears
plainer when you put out your Candle."
--Benjamin Franklin, 1758

BURT

Sep 20, 2010, 10:23:19 PM9/20/10

God does not need to prove that He exists.

> --
>       DanielSan -- alt.atheism #2226
>         EAC Warden - Occam Asylum
> "The way to see by faith is to shut the eye
> of reason: The Morning Daylight appears
> plainer when you put out your Candle."
>                    --Benjamin Franklin, 1758

DanielSan

Sep 21, 2010, 12:26:41 AM9/21/10

That makes no sense.

HTH.

--
DanielSan -- alt.atheism #2226

EAC Warden - Occam Asylum

"There is never enough time to do or say all
the things that we would wish. The thing is
to try to do as much as you can in the time
that you have. Remember, time is short, and
suddenly, you're not here any more."
--Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge, 1970

DanielSan

Sep 21, 2010, 1:13:45 AM9/21/10

No, but atheists can dismiss the concept if there's no evidence for it.

--
DanielSan -- alt.atheism #2226

EAC Warden - Occam Asylum

BURT

Sep 21, 2010, 1:29:21 AM9/21/10

Yes you can but you would not win the war against religion that way.

Mitch Raemsch

> --
>        DanielSan -- alt.atheism #2226
>          EAC Warden - Occam Asylum
> "There is never enough time to do or say all
> the things that we would wish. The thing is
> to try to do as much as you can in the time
> that you have. Remember, time is short, and
> suddenly, you're not here any more."
>   --Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge, 1970

DanielSan

Sep 21, 2010, 1:39:31 AM9/21/10

And since we're not in any "war against religion".....

BURT

Sep 21, 2010, 3:16:10 PM9/21/10
- And since we're not in any "war against religion".....

Stephen Hawking is.

Mitch Raemsch

> --
>        DanielSan -- alt.atheism #2226
>          EAC Warden - Occam Asylum
> "There is never enough time to do or say all
> the things that we would wish. The thing is
> to try to do as much as you can in the time
> that you have. Remember, time is short, and
> suddenly, you're not here any more."
>   --Ghost of Christmas Present, Scrooge, 1970

DanielSan

Sep 21, 2010, 3:26:53 PM9/21/10

No, he isn't.

--
DanielSan -- alt.atheism #2226

EAC Warden - Occam Asylum

BURT

Sep 21, 2010, 3:56:35 PM9/21/10

When he said science would win what was he talking about?

Mitch Raemsch

> --
>       DanielSan -- alt.atheism #2226
>         EAC Warden - Occam Asylum
> "The way to see by faith is to shut the eye
> of reason: The Morning Daylight appears
> plainer when you put out your Candle."
>                    --Benjamin Franklin, 1758

DanielSan

Sep 21, 2010, 3:57:26 PM9/21/10

Provide some context, if you would.

BURT

Sep 21, 2010, 3:59:31 PM9/21/10

"Science will win." Stephen Hawking

> --
>       DanielSan -- alt.atheism #2226
>         EAC Warden - Occam Asylum
> "The way to see by faith is to shut the eye
> of reason: The Morning Daylight appears
> plainer when you put out your Candle."
>                    --Benjamin Franklin, 1758

DanielSan

Sep 21, 2010, 4:07:28 PM9/21/10

You just repeated the claim. Now provide the *CONTEXT*.

BURT

Sep 21, 2010, 4:09:24 PM9/21/10

Please then prove that Stepehen Hawking did not say this
to the public.

Mitch Raemsch

DanielSan

Sep 21, 2010, 4:15:21 PM9/21/10
> Please then prove that Stepehen Hawking did not say this
> to the public.

I didn't claim that he never said that. I'm asking you to provide context.

AZ Nomad

Sep 21, 2010, 4:19:07 PM9/21/10

>That makes no sense.

>HTH.

Sense is the antithesis to religion.
BVT demonstrates his brain damage every time he posts.

BURT

Sep 21, 2010, 4:20:48 PM9/21/10

Then it's fairly obvious what the argument is about.

Mitch Raemsch

> I'm asking you to provide context.
>
> --
>       DanielSan -- alt.atheism #2226
>         EAC Warden - Occam Asylum
> "The way to see by faith is to shut the eye
> of reason: The Morning Daylight appears
> plainer when you put out your Candle."
>                    --Benjamin Franklin, 1758

DanielSan

Sep 21, 2010, 4:34:04 PM9/21/10

Then it should be easy to provide the context.

BURT

Sep 21, 2010, 4:51:33 PM9/21/10

Nothing more is neccesary for my argument that Stephen Hawking
tried to get rid of God. That is the only context that is needed.

Mitch Raemsch

Michael Gordge

Sep 21, 2010, 4:52:59 PM9/21/10
On Sep 16, 10:24 am, BURT <macromi...@yahoo.com> wrote:

> God created the Big Bang

So where was god existing while creating the big bang, in a place that
didn't go bang and didn't need banging? Sooo what went bang?

MG

BURT

Sep 21, 2010, 4:57:13 PM9/21/10

The absolute beginning of creation. But that does't relate to the word
"bang."
God had an infinite beginning and created us at the beginning of time.

Mitch Raemsch

Michael Gordge

Sep 21, 2010, 5:00:20 PM9/21/10
On Sep 22, 5:57 am, BURT <macromi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sep 21, 1:52 pm, Michael Gordge <mikegor...@xtra.co.nz> wrote:
>
> > On Sep 16, 10:24 am, BURT <macromi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> > > God created the Big Bang
>
> > So where was god existing while creating the big bang, in a place that
> > didn't go bang and didn't need banging? Sooo what went bang?
>
> > MG
>
> The absolute beginning of creation. But that does't relate to the word
> "bang."

But anyway, you didn't answer, where was god when all this banging was
going on?

> God had an infinite beginning and created us at the beginning of time.

So it was where exactly, just prior to the bang it created?

MG

BURT

Sep 21, 2010, 5:04:41 PM9/21/10

Nothingness doesn't exist.

Michael Gordge

Sep 21, 2010, 5:18:59 PM9/21/10

Oh so god didn't begin it all?

MG

huge

Sep 21, 2010, 5:24:49 PM9/21/10
On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 14:18:59 -0700, Michael Gordge posted:

We know that extremely simple things,
combined with rules that are also extremely simple, will
often evolve into complex things -- and this does
not just apply to life.

A look at cellular automata demonstrates this:

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/UniversalCellularAutomaton.html

which is implimented by this simple rule:

http://mathworld.wolfram.com/Rule110.html

Unlikely theory:
1) extremely complex sentient being first _somehow_ exists,
2) that extremely complex being then creates the complex things we see.

Likely theory:
1) the complex things we see come into their complexity by way of simple
rules.

The unlikely theory contains an extra middle-man, in
need of explanation like any other complex thing.
It is simply much more likely that complexity
just happens -- without an unexplained
middle man.

The unlikely explanation is nothing more than a
Rube Goldberg explanation: a comically involved,
complicated invention, laboriously contrived to
perform a simple operation. If you are unfamiliar
with this reference, have a look here:

http://www.rubegoldberg.com/

Here is Rube's
"Mail your wife's letter reminder."

http://globalmoxie.com/bm~pix/rube-goldberg~s600x600.gif

So, until you can explain a god's organization and
complexity you have absolutely no good argument to insist that
other complex things can as likely be explained by a 'creator.'
Indeed it is *highly* unlikely.

--
Not on my time you don't.

BURT

Sep 21, 2010, 5:29:24 PM9/21/10
> MG- Hide quoted text -

What do you mean?
God is my point. He Created Himself then the universe.
Hypersphere cosmology reveals the Beginning of the universe.

Mitch Raemsch

Buddythunder

Sep 21, 2010, 5:49:15 PM9/21/10
On Sep 21, 12:32 pm, BURT <macromi...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Sep 20, 5:24 pm, Free Lunch <lu...@nofreelunch.us> wrote:
>

> > On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 16:50:29 -0700 (PDT), BURT <macromi...@yahoo.com>
> > wrote in alt.atheism:

> > >God has no reason to prove that He exists.
>
> > God is indistinguishable from nothing.- Hide quoted text -

> He does not have to prove that He exists or does not exist.
> Neither does He exist nor does He not exist.
>
> Mitch Raemsch

Fair enough, but to hold people eternally accountable for their non-
belief arising from living in a world that really doesn't look
designed at all is tyrannical, capricious and petulant. Is this the
God you believe in?

Buddythunder

Sep 21, 2010, 5:50:38 PM9/21/10

Neither does the Great Green Arkleseizure, the point is that there's
no sensible reason to believe in either.

Buddythunder

Sep 21, 2010, 5:58:36 PM9/21/10

Do you not understand the word "context"?

Buddythunder

Sep 21, 2010, 6:00:54 PM9/21/10

Maybe to the magically-minded twice Nobel laureate, but sane folks are
aware that less scrupulous-types often selectively quote authorities
to twist their original meaning to support their favourite delusions.

BURT

Sep 21, 2010, 6:05:29 PM9/21/10
> Do you not understand the word "context"?- Hide quoted text -

What Hawking said in public was that we don't need God.
That is the context I am speaking of.

Mitch Raemsch

Free Lunch

Sep 21, 2010, 7:26:05 PM9/21/10
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 18:16:41 -0700 (PDT), BURT <macro...@yahoo.com>
wrote in alt.atheism:

>On Sep 20, 5:58 pm, Free Lunch <lu...@nofreelunch.us> wrote:
>> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 17:32:47 -0700 (PDT), BURT <macromi...@yahoo.com>

>> wrote in alt.atheism:

>> >He does not have to prove that He exists or does not exist.
>> >Neither does He exist nor does He not exist.
>>

>> There's no evidence that any gods exist. Why do you assume otherwise?- Hide quoted text -

>I can see it for myself. There is Intelligent Design with an Absolute
>Beginning at the Big Bang. There is no universe without God.

Yes, you make assertions. Anyone can do that. I notice that you don't
actually back up your assertions with evidence or valid logical
arguments.

Free Lunch

Sep 21, 2010, 7:26:59 PM9/21/10
On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 19:23:19 -0700 (PDT), BURT <macro...@yahoo.com>
wrote in alt.atheism:

>On Sep 20, 6:47 pm, DanielSan <daniel...@speakeasy.net> wrote:

>> > All that believe in God.

>> > The one that includes the Big Bang.
>>

>> > God is the Creator of the Big Bang.
>>

>> No evidence of that.
>
>God does not need to prove that He exists.

You keep saying that.

Why don't you need to show that He exists when you claim that He does?

BURT

Sep 21, 2010, 8:07:50 PM9/21/10
On Sep 21, 4:26 pm, Free Lunch <lu...@nofreelunch.us> wrote:
> On Mon, 20 Sep 2010 19:23:19 -0700 (PDT), BURT <macromi...@yahoo.com>
> Why don't you need to show that He exists when you claim that He does?- Hide quoted text -

No one needs to prove He exists. If you think that you are a
matterialist.

Mitch Raemsch

Free Lunch

Sep 21, 2010, 9:28:11 PM9/21/10
On Tue, 21 Sep 2010 17:07:50 -0700 (PDT), BURT <macro...@yahoo.com>
wrote in alt.atheism:

The universe exists as it exists. There's no reason to delude yourself
that there is a metaphysical level to it.

It is loading more messages.