repair Dino Dudes cartridge

Wilson Lema

Nov 19, 2001, 12:03:22 PM11/19/01
Hello,
I don't know if this is the right place to ask, but I have a Dino
Dudes cartridge that all of a sudden stopped playing the music. I've
pressed the button that supposedly turns it on and off, but still I get
no music. The sound works.
Does anyone know if I could repair this? I've tried cleaning the
contacts with an eraser but this does not fix the problem.
If I open the cartridge is there something I should look for?

thanks,
Wilson

Andrew Seed

Nov 19, 2001, 3:12:29 PM11/19/01
What volume is the sound slider bars set to .. I think they go in the range
0 to 10 - just ramp them up. If this does not work then you are stuck. There
is nothing in the cart except a couple of chips. Try resetting the eeprom as
there is some buttons you can press at the start of any Jag game. This will
clear out rest any information in the eeprom - and any information about the
last level played - be warned.. After a while ( a certain number of read
/writes to the eeprom ) they wear out and if that happens it will default
to the inital settings - like when the game was fisrt loaded.

Andrew.

"Wilson Lema" <le...@nymc.edu> wrote in message