Dealey Plaza Photo Gallery (Expanded)

David Von Pein

Jul 18, 2017, 7:40:38 PM7/18/17

Anthony Marsh

Jul 19, 2017, 3:28:28 PM7/19/17
More Polo.

claviger

Jul 19, 2017, 6:24:51 PM7/19/17
Excellent collection of photographs. Obviously a time consuming project.
Well done.

David Von Pein

Jul 19, 2017, 8:51:47 PM7/19/17
So, you hate Rugby then, right? Biased!

deke

Jul 20, 2017, 7:04:15 PM7/20/17
There's a photo in the first group dated July 20, 1972 showing a fire
truck running a ladder right into the alleged sniper's nest. What was that
all about? Was there a fire there?

Anthony Marsh

Jul 20, 2017, 8:33:28 PM7/20/17
Of course. And don't even mention Australian Rules Football.
They should be sued for using the word "football."

David Von Pein

Jul 21, 2017, 10:41:41 AM7/21/17

Anthony Marsh

Jul 21, 2017, 3:11:15 PM7/21/17
They needed to get a ladder to search the roof. Might be a sniper hiding
in the Hertz sign.

deke

Jul 21, 2017, 11:08:50 PM7/21/17
This is interesting and it gets better. I did a search and found there was
another fire ruled arson there in 1984.

http://www.nytimes.com/1984/08/24/us/building-that-hid-oswald-hit-by-fire.html

Anthony Marsh

Jul 22, 2017, 8:07:12 AM7/22/17
I think he was talking about the firemen RUNNING into the TSBD on
11/22/63, not a firetruck months later.

David Von Pein

Jul 22, 2017, 12:52:18 PM7/22/17
I recently found this excellent Dealey Plaza image (via a Facebook
acquaintance), which is a picture I've been trying to place a date on:

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-BATVtpoU9q0/WV-pEeXwzVI/AAAAAAABMTM/t3a7J997i0ULRJmkO35IWl4_owro2sZMgCLcBGAs/s5000/Dealey-Plaza-Dallas-Texas-Circa-Early-1960s.jpg

The person I got that photo from had a "1963" date attached to it, which
cannot possibly be accurate, because the TSBD building still has the
"Sexton Quality Foods" logos in place on the west side of the building
(7th floor). And it ceased being "The Sexton Building" sometime in 1961.

Plus, none of the three large high-rise buildings that were under
construction on 11/22/63 are anywhere to be seen in that photo. So I
determined it had to be taken prior to late '61, but later than 1959
(because in another pic I have from '59, the Hertz sign is not yet on top
of the TSBD).

If anyone spots any clues as to when that particular photograph might have
been taken, please let me know. At the present time, I'm captioning that
picture on one of my websites with a label of "Circa 1960", which is about
the best I can do without knowing the precise date.

An oddity in that photo is the fact that we find the "Old Charter"
billboard in that picture, which (I assume) is the very same billboard
that was still there on 11/22/63 (seen in the Mel McIntire photo [top link
below] taken near Stemmons). That seems odd, because billboards are
usually changed around quite often.

http://kennedy-photos.blogspot.com/2012/06/kennedy-gallery-043.html

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2017/07/dealey-plaza-videos-and-photos.html

Anthony Marsh

Jul 22, 2017, 7:18:00 PM7/22/17
Any clues from the cars?
Remember that 1964 models would be delivered and on the road in October
1963.

David Von Pein

Jul 23, 2017, 9:18:52 AM7/23/17
He was clearly talking about the *1972* incident, as he plainly wrote. It
would be nice if you (Tony M.) could READ. But apparently you can't.
~shrug~

Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Sep 2, 2017, 7:56:21 PM9/2/17