JFK Trivia Game

David Von Pein

Apr 27, 2017, 9:56:06 PM4/27/17
If other people want to chime in with their own JFK trivia questions,
please feel free.

FIRST QUESTION:

What was the first network radio or television media outlet to provide a
bulletin concerning the shooting of President Kennedy on November 22,
1963? And what was the name of the reporter whose voice we hear in that
first bulletin?

Edward Bauer

Apr 28, 2017, 8:16:45 PM4/28/17
He later became famous for very different announcing work.

David Von Pein

Apr 28, 2017, 8:49:12 PM4/28/17
QUESTION:

Despite the fact that conspiracy theorists have knowledge of Secret
Service Agent John Howlett's reconstruction times of 78 seconds and 74
seconds, how many times have conspiracy believers nevertheless asserted
(incorrectly) that Lee Harvey Oswald didn't have enough time to make the
journey from the sixth floor to the second floor of the Book Depository in
order to encounter Dallas policeman Marrion L. Baker in the lunchroom
approximately 90 seconds after the assassination of President Kennedy?

David Von Pein

Apr 28, 2017, 11:18:16 PM4/28/17
QUESTION:

Exactly how many days did John F. Kennedy serve as President of the United
States?

David Von Pein

Apr 28, 2017, 11:18:32 PM4/28/17
QUESTION:

How many shots did Dealey Plaza eyewitness Bill Newman say he heard when
he was interviewed by Jay Watson on WFAA-TV in Dallas very shortly after
the assassination?

David Von Pein

Apr 28, 2017, 11:18:48 PM4/28/17
QUESTION:

Exactly how much money did Jack Ruby owe the IRS in back taxes as of
December 9, 1963?

David Von Pein

Apr 28, 2017, 11:18:58 PM4/28/17
QUESTION:

Where was JFK's estate "Wexford" located?

David Von Pein

Apr 28, 2017, 11:19:16 PM4/28/17
QUESTION:

When was the detailed street-by-street route for JFK's motorcade through
Dallas first made available to the public?

David Von Pein

Apr 29, 2017, 8:36:26 AM4/29/17
QUESTION:

How many speeches did JFK make on the last day of his life?

Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Apr 29, 2017, 8:37:29 AM4/29/17
QUESTION:

Despite the fact that conspiracy theorists have knowledge of SS Agent John
Howlett's reconstruction times, how many times have conspiracy believers

David Von Pein

Apr 29, 2017, 8:37:59 AM4/29/17
QUESTION:

On what date was President Kennedy's new 1961 Lincoln Continental
limousine (the "SS-100-X") delivered to the White House?

David Von Pein

Apr 29, 2017, 8:38:28 AM4/29/17
QUESTION:

What are the names of the two newsmen who reported on the arrival of
President Kennedy at Love Field Airport in Dallas, Texas, on the morning
of November 22, 1963? One of these reporters covered JFK's Love Field
arrival for the local Dallas television audience; the other newsman
covered the event on radio.

bigdog

Apr 29, 2017, 3:22:44 PM4/29/17
On Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 9:56:06 PM UTC-4, David Von Pein wrote:
The first one I was aware of was CBS and Walter Cronkite although I'm
guessing that is too obvious to be the right answer. About 25 years ago
another buff sent be a VCR tape of CBS' same day coverage. There were a
number of things that stood out to me about those early bulletins. First
of all there was no video. Just the banner that said BULLETIN as Cronkite
read what I believe was verbatim the wire service story. After reading the
bulletin, CBS went back to the soap opera that was on. Several more
bulletins were read before Cronkite finally went on the air to stay. TV
news just wasn't equipped to immediately go live with a breaking story.
The cameras were big and bulky and had to be moved into position in the
studio and the vacuum tubes had to warm up before the camera became
functional. I'm guessing it was ten to fifteen minutes after the first
bulletin that CBS finally went live to stay.

bigdog

Apr 29, 2017, 3:47:47 PM4/29/17
How many times? How many stars in the sky? I many grains of sand on the
beach?

Before I even learned of the recreations I found this comical because I
knew no one would have been running a stopwatch so there is no way anyone
could accurately say how long after the last shot the encounter between
Oswald and Baker took place. Even with the recreations, the time could
only be estimated. The truth is no one knows how long it took either
Oswald or Baker to reach the second floor. It seems likely it took Oswald
just a few seconds less since he was spotted by Baker having just entered
the lunchroom. I don't believe Oswald planned to go to the lunchroom. I
think when he reached the second floor landing he heard the footsteps of
Baker and Truly racing up the stairs and tried to duck into the lunchroom
to escape detection by Baker caught a glimpse of him through the window in
the lunchroom door.

bigdog

Apr 29, 2017, 7:36:28 PM4/29/17
Counting his first day in office and his last day as a half day, 1035. If
you count both of them as a full day, 1036.

bigdog

Apr 29, 2017, 7:37:01 PM4/29/17
It would be cheating to look it up so I'll go from memory. Two.

bigdog

Apr 29, 2017, 7:37:25 PM4/29/17
Monday, 11/18/63. It would probably not have appeared in the newspapers
until the following day.

Edward Bauer

Apr 29, 2017, 8:11:54 PM4/29/17
Newman heard 1 shot less than Watson heard.

The telling bit is when Watson asked about the 2nd and 3rd shots,
“they were almost simultaneously, weren’t they?”
Newman replied “Yes, sir, they were probably ten seconds
apart.” If a typical witness calls 10 seconds apart
“simultaneous,” how far apart would “closely
bunched” be? Certainly far enough apart to be fired by a single
experienced gunman.

bigdog

Apr 29, 2017, 8:20:25 PM4/29/17
On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 8:36:26 AM UTC-4, David Von Pein wrote:
> QUESTION:
>
> How many speeches did JFK make on the last day of his life?

Two. One inside and one outside the Ft. Worth Hotel.

Anthony Marsh

Apr 30, 2017, 2:36:26 PM4/30/17
June 15, 1961.

http://www.the-puzzle-palace.com/JFK-Limousine-6-15-61--02.jpg

I think it was only Knudsen who took the official delivery photos.
Maybe only Stoughton who took photos of the installation of the
electronics. Pamela may have some photos that I don't.

Anthony Marsh

Apr 30, 2017, 2:36:57 PM4/30/17
On 4/29/2017 8:37 AM, David Von Pein wrote:
We call that low hanging fruit.

So don't you like my theory that Oswald invented parkouring to jump down
in 20 seconds?

WHile drinking a Coke?

Anthony Marsh

Apr 30, 2017, 2:37:09 PM4/30/17
On 4/29/2017 8:36 AM, David Von Pein wrote:
> QUESTION:
>
> When attempting to re-create Lee Harvey Oswald's post-assassination
> movements for the Warren Commission, how long did it take Secret Service
> agent John Howlett to travel from Oswald's Sniper's Nest on the sixth
> floor of the Texas School Book Depository to the lunchroom located on the
> second floor of that same building? (He made two run-throughs. Give the
> time for each.)

Do you mean the lie or truth?
They rounded it out to 90 seconds.

Anthony Marsh

Apr 30, 2017, 2:39:38 PM4/30/17
What about the fake KBOX tape?

David Von Pein

Apr 30, 2017, 2:42:02 PM4/30/17
On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 3:47:47 PM UTC-4, bigdog wrote:
> On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 8:49:12 PM UTC-4, David Von Pein wrote:
> > QUESTION:
> >
> > Despite the fact that conspiracy theorists have knowledge of Secret
> > Service Agent John Howlett's reconstruction times of 78 seconds and 74
> > seconds, how many times have conspiracy believers nevertheless asserted
> > (incorrectly) that Lee Harvey Oswald didn't have enough time to make the
> > journey from the sixth floor to the second floor of the Book Depository in
> > order to encounter Dallas policeman Marrion L. Baker in the lunchroom
> > approximately 90 seconds after the assassination of President Kennedy?
>
> How many times? How many stars in the sky? I many grains of sand on the
> beach?

Indeed, John. This question was, of course, a "Poking Fun At The CTers"
type of inquiry. The official answer is:

Too many times to count.

:)

David Von Pein

Apr 30, 2017, 5:20:35 PM4/30/17
Nope. That's incorrect. It's 1037, when counting 1/20/61 and 11/22/63 as
full days.

David Von Pein

Apr 30, 2017, 5:20:43 PM4/30/17
Yes. Appearing in the Dallas papers on Tues., Nov. 19.

David Von Pein

Apr 30, 2017, 5:20:51 PM4/30/17

David Von Pein

Apr 30, 2017, 5:20:58 PM4/30/17
Correct.

Anthony Marsh

Apr 30, 2017, 10:22:36 PM4/30/17
Ever hear of Leading the Witness?

David Von Pein

Apr 30, 2017, 10:48:05 PM4/30/17
On Sunday, April 30, 2017 at 2:36:26 PM UTC-4, Anthony Marsh wrote:
> On 4/29/2017 8:37 AM, David Von Pein wrote:
> > QUESTION:
> >
> > On what date was President Kennedy's new 1961 Lincoln Continental
> > limousine (the "SS-100-X") delivered to the White House?
> >

> June 15, 1961.

Correct.

Pics:
http://kennedy-photos.blogspot.com/2012/06/kennedy-gallery-165.html

David Von Pein

Apr 30, 2017, 10:54:10 PM4/30/17
What about it?

Anthony Marsh

Apr 30, 2017, 10:58:43 PM4/30/17
On 4/30/2017 2:42 PM, David Von Pein wrote:
> On Saturday, April 29, 2017 at 3:47:47 PM UTC-4, bigdog wrote:
>> On Friday, April 28, 2017 at 8:49:12 PM UTC-4, David Von Pein wrote:
>>> QUESTION:
>>>
>>> Despite the fact that conspiracy theorists have knowledge of Secret
>>> Service Agent John Howlett's reconstruction times of 78 seconds and 74
>>> seconds, how many times have conspiracy believers nevertheless asserted
>>> (incorrectly) that Lee Harvey Oswald didn't have enough time to make the
>>> journey from the sixth floor to the second floor of the Book Depository in
>>> order to encounter Dallas policeman Marrion L. Baker in the lunchroom
>>> approximately 90 seconds after the assassination of President Kennedy?
>>
>> How many times? How many stars in the sky? I many grains of sand on the
>> beach?
>>

> Indeed, John. This question was, of course, a "Poking Fun At The CTers"
> type of inquiry. The official answer is:
>
> Too many times to count.
>
> :)

The CORRECT answer is: The WC lied.

;]>

bigdog

May 1, 2017, 10:40:55 AM5/1/17
Let me double check my arithmetic.

Subtract 19 days from 1961 when JFK was not President. The gives us 346.
All 365 days in 1962 takes us to 711.

For 1963
January--------31
February-------28
March----------31
April----------30
May------------31
June-----------30
July-----------31
August---------31
September------30
October--------31
November-------22

1963 total----326

Plus----------711

Grand total--1037

SONOFABITCH!!!

OHLeeRedux

May 1, 2017, 4:32:41 PM5/1/17
Ever hear of keeping your trap shut?

David Von Pein

May 1, 2017, 10:45:42 PM5/1/17
On Sunday, April 30, 2017 at 10:58:43 PM UTC-4, Anthony Marsh wrote:
> On 4/30/2017 2:42 PM, David Von Pein wrote:

> >> How many times? How many stars in the sky? I many grains of sand on the
> >> beach?
> >>

> > Indeed, John. This question was, of course, a "Poking Fun At The CTers"
> > type of inquiry. The official answer is:
> >
> > Too many times to count.
> >
> > :)
> >

> The CORRECT answer is: The WC lied.

So, Tony, that means you can PROVE that Agent Howlett really took much
LONGER than 74 and 78 seconds to descend to the 2nd Floor during his two
re-enactments for the WC in 1964, correct?

Please provide that "PROOF". I want to see what you've got to show that
"The WC lied".

David Von Pein

May 1, 2017, 10:51:11 PM5/1/17
The way I did it was a tad bit easier....

365 x 3 years (for 1961, 1962, and 1963) = 1095

Subtract 19 for Jan. '61 = 1076

Subtract 8 for last 8 days in Nov. '63 = 1068

Subtract 31 days for Dec. '63 = 1037

Anthony Marsh

May 1, 2017, 11:04:57 PM5/1/17
Wait a minute, you're counting half days as full days?
That's cheating. Try counting the hours. Watch out for Daylight savings
time. Was JFK sworn in at exactly 12:30PM? Did he die exactly at 12:31
PM? Don't forget to correct for the difference in time zones.
Gee, this is fun. Not off-topic at all. Very important.

PF

May 1, 2017, 11:14:35 PM5/1/17
On Thursday, April 27, 2017 at 9:56:06 PM UTC-4, David Von Pein wrote:
> If other people want to chime in with their own JFK trivia questions,
> please feel free.
>
> FIRST QUESTION:
>
> What was the first network radio or television media outlet to provide a
> bulletin concerning the shooting of President Kennedy on November 22,
> 1963? And what was the name of the reporter whose voice we hear in that
> first bulletin?

It wasn't Vince Scully. Swing and a miss!

Anthony Marsh

May 2, 2017, 10:54:17 AM5/2/17
Why don't you tell everyone about it? Doesn't that qualify as FAKE NEWS?

Anthony Marsh

May 2, 2017, 10:54:48 AM5/2/17
Very nice. Thanks. But I still suspect that Pamela has more photos that
we have never seen.
BTW I have that die-cast model.
The jump seats flip up, but the rear seat does not lift hydraulically.

David Von Pein

May 2, 2017, 9:10:00 PM5/2/17
So, does this mean that you, Anthony Marsh, think that JFK's first day in
office was NOT January 20, 1961? Was 1/20/61 day #0.5 of JFK's Presidency?

It's silly, of course, to count the days in such a manner. 1/20/61 was Day
#1; and 11/22/63 was Day #1037. ~Mark VII~

David Von Pein

May 2, 2017, 9:46:46 PM5/2/17
The Answer:

ABC Radio Network (@ 12:36 PM CST). The announcer was Don Gardiner.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2ERm-cucsE0ZUFvSmJPaE96Um8/view

David Von Pein

May 2, 2017, 9:54:07 PM5/2/17
Already have. This page has been on my site for 5 years....

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2012/06/kbox-radio.html

Anthony Marsh

May 3, 2017, 11:04:48 AM5/3/17
On 5/1/2017 10:45 PM, David Von Pein wrote:
> On Sunday, April 30, 2017 at 10:58:43 PM UTC-4, Anthony Marsh wrote:

>>> Indeed, John. This question was, of course, a "Poking Fun At The CTers"
>>> type of inquiry. The official answer is:
>>>
>>> Too many times to count.
>>>
>>> :)
>>>

>> The CORRECT answer is: The WC lied.
>>

> So, Tony, that means you can PROVE that Agent Howlett really took much
> LONGER than 74 and 78 seconds to descend to the 2nd Floor during his two
> re-enactments for the WC in 1964, correct?

No, I didn't say that. Stop putting words in my mouth.
It took him LESS than 74 seconds.

> Please provide that "PROOF". I want to see what you've got to show that
> "The WC lied".

The WC lied all the time. You know that and sill you defend it. Changing
Upper Back to Neck just to make the Single-Bullet plausible. And you stick
up for them BECAUSE they lied.

David Von Pein

May 3, 2017, 9:40:15 PM5/3/17
ANTHONY MARSH SAID:

The WC lied all the time. .... Changing Upper Back to Neck just to make
the Single-Bullet plausible.

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

That's total bullshit, Tony, and you HAVE to know why. Does CE903 put the
wound in the NECK or in the BACK? Let's see....

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2010/06/gerald-ford-and-sbt.html

David Von Pein

May 3, 2017, 9:44:29 PM5/3/17
LOL. So Howlett REALLY made it to the lunchroom in less than 74 seconds on
each of his run-throughs, but the WC decided to say (for some idiotic
reason) that it took him much LONGER to get there, eh? That's nuts. And
you surely know it's nuts. (But you just don't care.)

Of course, Marsh is just making up shit from whole cloth. He's decided (on
a whim) to invent some new re-enactment times for Agent Howlett. Marsh has
absolutely NO PROOF that Howlett's 74- and 78-second times were wrong, but
Anthony has decided to pretend to know that they were anyway. Even though
everybody here *knows* he's FOS. But he doesn't give a damn, do you Marsh?

Anthony Marsh

May 3, 2017, 9:45:05 PM5/3/17
So you're saying that this is all you know?
Please. We all know you well enough to know you're not THAT stupid.
Tell them about Bell Labs and Kerta.

http://www.jfkassassinationforum.com/index.php?topic=5582.0;wap2

Make sure you cover up this information. Can't have 6 shots.
Oswald's clip only had 4 rounds in it.
OOPS!

David Emerling

May 3, 2017, 11:16:14 PM5/3/17
On Sunday, April 30, 2017 at 9:58:43 PM UTC-5, Anthony Marsh wrote:

> The CORRECT answer is: The WC lied.

Lied about what - that SA Howlett got to the 2nd floor in 74 and 78
seconds?

Or, are you just making a general statement that only applies in awkward
(for you) situations where you cannot resolve the evidence with your view
of the assassination?

When you say "the WC lied" - Commissions don't lie. People lie! EVERYBODY
on the Commission was lying? All their conclusions were lies - not just by
the Commissioners ... but also the staff of attorneys ... investigators
... and witnesses?

Your comment is so general that it is meaningless.

David Emerling
Memphis, TN

Anthony Marsh

May 5, 2017, 12:22:21 AM5/5/17
What are you babbling about?
What the Warren Commission wrote are lies.
And yes, commissions lie as do people.
Agencies lie. Governments lie. You can excuse government lies by blaming
on some under-secretary.

Anthony Marsh

May 5, 2017, 12:24:22 AM5/5/17
Just stop the cover-up. We have the page where Ford changed BACK to NECK.

http://www.jfklancer.com/docs.maps/ford1.gif

And don't bring up CE 903. You know it was a hoax.
The rod does not go through the back wound.

David Emerling

May 6, 2017, 10:36:13 PM5/6/17
You forgot to take into account the Coriolis Effect. Whenever I'm wrong, I
always blame it on the Coriolis Effect.

David Emerling
Memphis, TN

Anthony Marsh

May 7, 2017, 10:56:14 PM5/7/17
Why can't you blame Congress? Maybe they hadn't passed Daylight savings
time yet. Or blame it on the scientists who miscalculated the orbit of
the Earth.

> David Emerling
> Memphis, TN

David Von Pein

Apr 8, 2020, 10:47:32 AM4/8/20
QUESTION:

President Kennedy spent the last night of his life at the Hotel Texas in
Fort Worth. What room number did he occupy that night?

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2017/04/jfk-trivia-page.html

David Von Pein

Jan 15, 2021, 6:16:13 PM1/15/21
QUESTION:

What were the top headlines in The Boston Globe ["Extra" edition]
newspaper on the day of JFK's birth (May 29, 1917)?

(To obtain the answer, click the link below.)

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0sUR0NRA6EY/YAIUsK31jfI/AAAAAAABXS0/JYXZA1pqNAIpEgdFfr4_4zZD8ZqyTqDrwCLcBGAsYHQ/s3000-h/The-Boston-Daily-Globe-May-29-1917.jpg

Jason Burke

Jan 16, 2021, 12:49:51 AM1/16/21
More importantly, how the Sox do the day before? (Or were they the
Beaneaters that year? Oh, never mind, that was the NL team...)

David Von Pein

Jan 16, 2021, 10:04:02 AM1/16/21
On Saturday, January 16, 2021 at 12:49:51 AM UTC-5, Jason Burke wrote:
> More importantly, how [did] the Sox do the day before?

That info is on Page 1 of the 5/29/1917 Globe. A rare thing occurred on
May 28th --- every major league game was rained out. All 5 of them. Check
the headline "Rain Shuts Off All Major League Ball"....
https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-0sUR0NRA6EY/YAIUsK31jfI/AAAAAAABXS0/JYXZA1pqNAIpEgdFfr4_4zZD8ZqyTqDrwCLcBGAsYHQ/s3000-h/The-Boston-Daily-Globe-May-29-1917.jpg

Hank Sienzant (AKA Joe Zircon)

Jan 16, 2021, 10:04:09 AM1/16/21
Wasn't 1960 a leap year, hence 366 days?

When subtracting the 19 days he wasn't president, that leaves 347, not
346, doesn't it?

Hank

John Corbett

Jan 16, 2021, 3:28:20 PM1/16/21
On Saturday, January 16, 2021 at 12:49:51 AM UTC-5, Jason Burke wrote:
I could look this up but that would be cheating. I believe Babe Ruth still
played for the Red Sox that year. I noticed that one of their Senators was
named Lodge so I'm guessing that was Henry Cabot Lodge's father. I could
look that up too but as I said, that would be cheating. And I'm lazy. He
had no idea that the man who would unseat his son was being born that day.

Also interesting is that draft dodging was happening even in WWI. In fact
the practice goes back to the Civil War.

John Corbett

Jan 16, 2021, 3:28:22 PM1/16/21
Evidently 6 teams had scheduled days off because there were 16 teams so a
full slate would have been 8 games. May 28 was a Monday so that would not
be unusual to have an off day. Normally Mondays and Thursdays were travel
days in the era when teams traveled by train. They could schedule games on
that day if the teams didn't have far to travel.

The year I was born, there were still 16 teams located in just 10 cities,
none farther west than St. Louis. 5 cities had teams in both leagues, New
York having three teams, and 5 cities had just a single team. I believe
the St. Louis Browns were the first to relocate moving to Baltimore
followed by the Boston Braves moving to Milwaukee, and the Philadelphia
Athletics moving to Kansas City. It wasn't until 1957 when the Dodgers and
the Giants relocated to the west coast that major league baseball was
played all the way across the country.

John Corbett

Jan 16, 2021, 3:28:25 PM1/16/21
JFK wasn't in office until 1961 so the leap year wouldn't matter to the
calculation.

David Von Pein

Jan 16, 2021, 3:28:39 PM1/16/21
On Saturday, January 16, 2021 at 10:04:09 AM UTC-5, Hank Sienzant (AKA Joe Zircon) wrote:
But JFK wasn't President for any of 1960, Hank. So the '60 Leap Day is not
relevant. (And '62 wasn't a leap year.)

Hank Sienzant (AKA Joe Zircon)

Jan 16, 2021, 6:44:55 PM1/16/21
On Saturday, January 16, 2021 at 10:04:09 AM UTC-5, Hank Sienzant (AKA Joe Zircon) wrote:
Nevermind!

Anthony Marsh

Jan 16, 2021, 6:44:58 PM1/16/21
Shh, you're not supposed to know that. Just don't mention Zero Factor or
you might get a visit from the Secret Service, who have a lot of free
time on their hands now because there is not rnough work to do this
month protecting our elected officials.

John Corbett

Jan 16, 2021, 9:28:34 PM1/16/21
Hank should take the same advice you gave me in 2017. Blame the Coriolis
Effect, whatever the hell that is.