For DVP

bigdog

Nov 10, 2013, 11:45:16 PM11/10/13
David, I remember about a year or so ago you were lamenting the lack of
footage of the early parts of JFK's Texas trip. You might already be aware
of this but NatGeo is running a program, which I think is new, called JFK:
The Final Hours. There is a wealth of footage from the San Antonio,
Houston, and Ft. Worth portions of the trip. Much of it I have never seen
before. It will run at 2:00 AM Monday morning and also on Friday and
Saturday this week. I don't know if you can watch it through their website
or not. Well worth watching.

David Von Pein

Nov 11, 2013, 1:58:59 PM11/11/13
Hi bigdog,

Yes, I watched "The Final Hours" program. I thought it was quite good. And
it's funny you mentioned the rare San Antonio footage, because.....

http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=20632&page=2#entry280707

http://kennedy-photos.blogspot.com/2013/11/kennedy-gallery-358.html

----------

As a P.S., I might also add that some nutcase in Indiana got a screen
credit at the end of that program.... :-)

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-120rPzfo6DU/Un6ej4mO74I/AAAAAAAAwiQ/r36OGj9GgAs/s1600/DVP-Screen-Credit-On-The-2013-National-Geographic-Program--JFK-The-Final-Hours.jpg

(I'm just glad to know it's for a program that was really good....unlike
the awful "Killing Kennedy".)

Anthony Marsh

Nov 11, 2013, 10:21:08 PM11/11/13
Please, pretty please, start a thread on Killing Kennedy and entitle it
Killing History.

slats

Nov 11, 2013, 10:24:22 PM11/11/13
David Von Pein <davev...@aol.com> wrote in
You should sue them for placing your name so close to Palamara's.

bigdog

Nov 11, 2013, 10:29:38 PM11/11/13
On Monday, November 11, 2013 1:58:59 PM UTC-5, David Von Pein wrote:
> Hi bigdog,
>
> Yes, I watched "The Final Hours" program. I thought it was quite good. And
> it's funny you mentioned the rare San Antonio footage, because.....
>
> http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?showtopic=20632&page=2#entry280707
>
> http://kennedy-photos.blogspot.com/2013/11/kennedy-gallery-358.html
>
> As a P.S., I might also add that some nutcase in Indiana got a screen
> credit at the end of that program.... :-)

Since I didn't get to see the whole thing, I set my DVR for the next
broadcast which I think is Friday. I'll have to watch the final credits to
see what nutcase you are referring to, although I think I have a pretty
good idea. :)

> http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-120rPzfo6DU/Un6ej4mO74I/AAAAAAAAwiQ/r36OGj9GgAs/s1600/DVP-Screen-Credit-On-The-2013-National-Geographic-Program--JFK-The-Final-Hours.jpg
>
> (I'm just glad to know it's for a program that was really good....unlike
> the awful "Killing Kennedy".)

Have to agree with you on Killing Kennedy. I wouldn't say awful, just
disappointing. I thought Rob Lowe was well cast as JFK and I thought he
could pull it off but it was just flat. It really didn't give us any
insight that we didn't already know. As I commented earlier, it might be a
good primer for someone who was unaware of the history leading up to the
assassination, but for people who have studied it, it was pretty
boring.