DVP's New Master Video Index

David Von Pein

Dec 6, 2016, 8:50:31 PM12/6/16
FYI....

I just completed a new "Master" index for my audio/video collection,
utilizing links to the "Google Drive" file storage service. Each file is
available for streaming, downloading, and embedding....

http://DVP-Video-Audio-Archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html

If anybody finds a broken link or a misspelled word (or some other
mistake), please let me know.

Thanks.

DVP

bigdog

Dec 7, 2016, 10:54:01 PM12/7/16
Thanks, David. I've bookmarked this one. Hopefully next time I want to
check out a related video, I'll remember to go to your library first.

David Von Pein

Dec 10, 2016, 2:33:23 PM12/10/16
http://educationforum.ipbhost.com/index.php?/topic/23259-dvps-new-master-videoaudio-index/

CHRIS BENNETT SAID:

Thanks, DVP. I've watched dozens of hours of material that you have
collected. Always appreciated.

HUGO LANGENDOEN SAID:

Thanks for this great list of resources. It is wonderful to have so many
items in one place!

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

That's what I was thinking when I started to put that catalog of links
together. I wanted something comprehensive, fast-loading, and text
searchable. And the new index meets all of those criteria. It took me ten
days to create just that one page (working on it 13-15 hours a day). And
I'll be adding to the index many more times in the future.

In addition to JFK stuff, the index also includes my collected material on
the RFK and MLK assassinations, the O.J. Simpson case, the 9/11 attacks,
Apollo 11 coverage, entertainment links from radio and TV, hundreds of
baseball games (including various no-hitters as well as the Cubs amazing
win in the 2016 World Series), and many other topics that are of interest
to this writer.

Thank you, Hugo and Chris [and BigDog], for your comments (and your
interest).

Allan G. Johnson

Dec 10, 2016, 11:41:42 PM12/10/16
On Tuesday, December 6, 2016 at 8:50:31 PM UTC-5, David Von Pein wrote:
I don't know if it's my new laptop or the new windows 10 OS, but the
videos and audio on your site are awesome. They are quick to access and
run flawlessly. Your site is still the best one stop resource for both
original and latest material on this subject, as well as everything else
you post on it.

Well done.

Jean Davison

Dec 11, 2016, 2:57:04 PM12/11/16
Great work, David, as usual. Thanks for putting that online.

Jean

Anthony Marsh

Dec 12, 2016, 10:34:56 AM12/12/16
Higher quality resolution on your screen (1920x1080) plus better Codecs
nowadays.

David Von Pein

Dec 12, 2016, 5:45:23 PM12/12/16
Thank you (all)!

P.S./FYI -- I have added dozens of additional links to the Index in the
last few days (re: movies, more baseball games, another JFK speech [from
10/26/63], a rare interview with Johnny Bench [when he was just 20 yrs.
old], and other miscellaneous items.

David Von Pein

Dec 12, 2016, 8:30:48 PM12/12/16

David Von Pein

Dec 13, 2016, 8:40:51 AM12/13/16
Here are several family films of JFK, Jackie, and the First Family that
I've embedded on one of my sites (via the JFK Library's embed codes), but
I've never found a way to download these videos to my computer (which I'd
like to do). All of these films are in the public domain (per the JFK
Library notes), so there's no problem with any copyrights. If anyone knows
a way to download these videos, please let me know. I'd appreciate it.
Thanks....

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/06/candid-kennedy-films.html

John McAdams

Dec 13, 2016, 8:43:42 AM12/13/16
On 13 Dec 2016 08:40:50 -0500, David Von Pein <davev...@aol.com>
wrote:
I've fooled around with this a bit, with some success, but never used
it a lot.

https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/video-downloadhelper/

There are probably other apps that do the same thing.

.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

Anthony Marsh

Dec 13, 2016, 10:27:01 PM12/13/16
I think his point was that Firefox has the best add-ons to do it. But
there are derivatives of Firefox which can also use the same add-ons
depending on which computer you use. Waterfox, Pale Moon, even Vivaldi.
You also sometimes need to ask if he's using a PC or a Mac.

> .John
> -----------------------
> http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

Anthony Marsh

Dec 13, 2016, 10:27:15 PM12/13/16
Depends on which computer you use. Obviously Firefox with its add-ons,
but there are other browsers that also have add-ons.

Please never use Chrome or Edge or Internet Explorer.

Anthony Marsh

Dec 14, 2016, 9:26:15 AM12/14/16
Oh goody. Do you have the baseball game with JFK?
Or JFK skeet shooting?
You should sort them by sports.

David Von Pein

Dec 14, 2016, 4:24:40 PM12/14/16
Thanks, John! I've never tried that one before.

bigdog

Dec 14, 2016, 11:52:05 PM12/14/16
WOW. One more thing to thank you for, David. That is an awesome collection
of baseball audio and videos you have there including one that is near and
dear to my heart, game 7 of the 1968 World Series in which Mickey Lolich
on two days rest outdueled Bob Gibson to complete a Tiger comeback from
being down 3 games to 1. As a lifelong fan of the Tigers, that game is in
my top 3 favorite sporting events of all time. I was a high school senior
at the time and the game began while I was in class. Fortunately I had a
late afternoon study hall and they allowed those of us who wanted to go
across the hall to the gym where they had the game on TV and I got to see
the game from about the 6th inning on. It was still tied 0-0 when I began
watching and remained that way until Curt Flood misplayed Jim Northrup's
line drive into a two out two run triple that proved to be the difference
in the game which Detroit won 4-1. I made it home in time to see the last
inning. Now I'll be able to watch that game from the start.

I'm going out on a limb and guessing you are a fan of the Cincinnati Reds.
I'm very interested in that interview with Johnny Bench. My family moved
to Columbus, OH in 1966 and I believe it was about a year later he made
his first appearance with the Reds. I never became a Reds fan but you
couldn't help but be impressed by how good Bench was. You just couldn't
steal second base on him when he first came up. As great as he was for
most of his career I think he lost a little after he had that surgery to
remove a spot on his lung. He was still a great catcher but he seemed to
lose a little zip in his throwing arm after that. Still if I was putting
together a team of the greatest players of all time, he would be my
catcher.

I have a challenge for you. If you remember a few years ago you asked why
there weren't more video clips of other visits JFK made to other cities. I
pointed out that typically such videos weren't saved because storage space
cost money. I pointed out that even videos of great sporting events were
not saved except for highlights and I pointed out as an example game 7 of
the 1960 World Series in which the Pirates beat the Yankees on Mazeroski's
lead off 9th inning home run. Even though it was one of the iconic games
in the history of baseball, nobody thought to save a tape of it other than
the highlights. At least that was what was believe for years. Then
somebody discovered a film in Bing Crosby's vault of that game. Crosby was
part owner of the Pirates at the time but he couldn't attend the World
Series because he was booked to perform in Paris at the same time. He was
able to listen to the game on Armed Forces radio. Back home he had someone
film the TV broadcast of the game. It turned out to be the only footage of
one of the greatest baseball games played. When it was discovered, ESPN
acquired the rights to it and played the entire game in a special
broadcast. If you could somehow score a copy of that game it would be a
great addition to your library. Maybe you already have and I just
overlooked it. If so, let me apologize now. In any case I will be looking
at some of those old broadcasts, particularly the 1968 World Series game.

David Von Pein

Dec 15, 2016, 11:09:23 AM12/15/16
I've got various clips (within documentaries) of JFK playing sports
(football, golf, skeet shooting, sailing). Plus, a video of him throwing
out the first pitch of the 1961 American League baseball season at
Griffith Stadium in Washington. It was a tremendous heave, too. Probably
the longest "first pitch" toss ever made by a POTUS. [See video below.]

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxZ7UPWuNPdkbzZyZUJyQjY1S1E/view

David Von Pein

Dec 15, 2016, 11:11:15 AM12/15/16
Now I know why. That Firefox add-on download helper is lousy. Yuck! :-)

Anthony Marsh

Dec 15, 2016, 10:05:34 PM12/15/16
Make sure you download the correct version. If you are using Windows, is
your computer a 32-bit or a 64-bit? You may also need to upgrade your
video plugin like Abode Player.

David Von Pein

Dec 15, 2016, 10:51:24 PM12/15/16
Hi John/bigdog!

Yes, I'm a Reds fan. (Although I don't follow too much baseball these
days, except for the Cubs' amazing win in the 2016 World Series.) But back
in the late 1970s and early 1980s, I kept track of every Reds' game and
every Reds' player. I would keep track of all the stats by hand (via my
pocket calculator and a manual Olympia typewriter with sticky keys). How's
*that* for dedication? :-)

And it was during those years when I was unbelievably obsessed with
Cincinnati Reds baseball (the 1970s and '80s) that enabled me to also
record many Reds' radio highlights on audio cassette tapes, which in
recent years I've transferred to digital copies for my computer, and I've
now added those recordings to my audio/video index too:

https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B-rcjDGNFEH_OE05Nk9RVVkxVUU

And I want to say "Thanks" to you, BigDog, for bringing up the rare TV
broadcast of Game 7 of the 1960 World Series. It's been available on
YouTube for two years now, and I've watched it twice. But until you coaxed
me today to add it to my own Index of programs, I had not yet done so (and
I'm not quite sure why I hadn't). I had been satisfied, instead, to stick
with the last two innings of the radio broadcast of that classic game.

But after reading your "challenge", John, I've now added the complete
television broadcast of that 1960 game to my archives too, right here:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0CWGpD0zVmCSnhYekJqSlpfbU0/view

David Von Pein

Dec 15, 2016, 10:51:37 PM12/15/16
A Curious Lack Of Pre-11/22/63 JFK TV Coverage....

https://groups.google.com/d/msg/alt.assassination.jfk/1DeEVtrR5LM/Q1AksTVPZroJ

Allan G. Johnson

Dec 16, 2016, 11:42:23 AM12/16/16
Ditto on that BD. I am from Detroit and was stationed at Ft Bliss at
the time of the World Series in 1968. I had to listen to the game on
radio, along with just about everyone else in the company, while working
on my MOS during the day (Nike Missile System). Tigers were having a
great season with many come from behind victories. They trailed the
series 3 games to 1. Lolich pitched 3 complete game victories and
outpitched Gibson in the end, and even outpitched 31 game winner and Cy
Younger Denny McLain. I just knew (believe it or not) that they would
somehow win that final game and put an exclamation point on that season.
To this day, Lolich's performance is one of the best of all time, yet it
doesn't get the attention it deserves. I'll be watching the entire game
also, thanks to Dave.

Anthony Marsh

Dec 16, 2016, 3:10:23 PM12/16/16
That's what I was hoping for. Do you have any of Nixon throwing out the
first pitch? How about some footage of Castro when he played?

> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxZ7UPWuNPdkbzZyZUJyQjY1S1E/view

bigdog

Dec 16, 2016, 8:38:06 PM12/16/16
Good job. After I issued the challenge the thought hit me to see if I
could find it on YouTube which I did but I'm glad you added it to your
library. It's nice to have these classic games in one place and not have
to hunt for them. Some interesting facts about that game and the Series.
No one on either team struck out during the final game of the series. That
is almost unheard of. The other anomaly was they Yankees outscored the
Pirates 55-27 in the 7 games but still managed to lose the series 4 games
to 3. All their wins were by double digits and they lost all the close
games.

Game 7 of the series was the last one Casey Stengel managed for the
Yankees. He was fired shortly after that series and replaced by Ralph
Houk. Houk managed for 3 seasons winning 3 pennants and two world series
before becoming general manager. Yogi Berra retired as a player and became
the Yankee manager in 1964, winning the pennant and losing the World
Series in 7 games to the Cardinals. Yogi was fired and replaced by the
Cardinals manager Johnny Keane. It was the end of the old Yankee dynasty.
Two years later they finished dead last in the American League despite
Ralph Houk firing Keane early in the 1966 season and returning to manage
the team itself. It would be another 10 years before the Yankees got back
to postseason.

I took a look at your video and enjoyed it quite a bit. I like the way
they use to throw out the first pitch with the President throwing it from
his box and the players on both teams scrambling for the ball and the
honor of shaking hands with the President. I guess the owners figure the
ballplayers these days are too expensive to risk getting them hurt in a
scramble for the baseball.

It was interesting to see who was there with the President at the game.
LBJ of course and later they were joined by Hubert Humphrey and Everett
Dirksen (smoking a cigarette). Behind them it looks like Larry O'Brien and
Carl Albert, future Speaker of the House during the Nixon years.

Anthony Marsh

Dec 16, 2016, 8:41:40 PM12/16/16
I'm from Boston. Please don't mention Billy Buckner.

bigdog

Dec 16, 2016, 8:51:51 PM12/16/16
I wasn't as optimistic as you going into game 7. Gibson looked unbeatable
in game 1 and they barely scratched him in game 4. I remember seeing an
interview Bob Costas did with Tim McCarver on the MLB Network a few years
ago in which they talked about the 1968 WS. For most of the season it was
clear Detroit and St. Louis were going to face each other in the WS. Roger
Maris who had just come to the Cardinals the year before from the Yankees
told the team that Lolich was the guy they needed to be concerned with,
not McLain. Before the Series the anticipation was about the match up
between Gibson and McLain. Lolich ended up stealing their thunder with his
remarkable pitching performance. Even more amazing was his hitting. In
Game 2 he hit the only home run of his long professional career. In Game 5
he started the come from behind rally in the 7th with a lead off base hit.
Then of course he came back on two days rest in game 7 and shutout the
Cardinals until Mike Shannon hit a meaningless home run with 2 out in the
9th. I still remember Shannon going into the dugout and throwing his
batting helmet against the wall knowing that it was likely too little two
late. McCarver was the next up and popped up to Freehan for the final out.
I get a chuckle now days when I hear analysts talk about pitchers coming
back on short rest in the postseason which in this era is considered 3
days rest. Back in those days many teams used 4 man rotations which means
pitchers pitched the entire season on 3 days rest and as Lolich did in
1968 and Koufax did in 1965 would pitch on just two days rest in the WS if
need be. Not only that starting pitchers weren't routinely yanked in the
7th. If they were pitching well they would be left in to complete the
game. Denny McLain had 28 complete games in 1968.

David Von Pein

Dec 17, 2016, 10:53:07 PM12/17/16
JFK's only tree-lighting ceremony (December 17, 1962):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0CWGpD0zVmCeXJzTVRoTGRiM2s/view

(LBJ substituted for JFK at the tree-lighting event in 1961.)

Allan G. Johnson

Dec 17, 2016, 11:06:49 PM12/17/16
Also, Lolich completed 40% of his starts over his entire career, unheard
of today in the era of the relief pitchers. Mclain had one more good year
in 1969 and was ineffective after that (self destruct). Lolich went on
into the 70's leading the league in strikeouts many times. I actually met
him while he was operating his donut shop in Lake Orion after he retired.
All around good guy.

BOZ

Dec 18, 2016, 8:55:35 PM12/18/16
Pete Rose was a great player but he deserves to banned from the Hall of
Fame

BOZ

Dec 18, 2016, 8:55:47 PM12/18/16
Bill Buckner was a very good hitter.

bigdog

Dec 19, 2016, 11:39:28 AM12/19/16
Lolich proved the 1968 WS was no fluke coming down the stretch in 1972
winning game after game carrying the Tigers to their first division
championship. He was 0-1 in the ALCS but he pitched well enough to win
both games. He pitched 19 innings in his two starts and gave up only 3
earned runs, a 1.42 ERA. He was victimized by a lack of run support and
some costly errors in the field. His best years were 1971-72 when he won a
total of 47 games with 52 complete games, ERAs of 2.85 and 2.80 and 308
strikeouts in 1971. I'm not a big sabermetrics guy but his WAR in those
two seasons was 8.6 and 7.4. Those would put you in the MVP conversation
today. It's true his career stats weren't Hall of Fame numbers but when
you talk about the great money pitchers of that era, he belongs in the
conversation.

One interesting bit of trivia regarding the 1972 division championship.
The start of the season was delayed by a strike and it was decided that
the missed games would not be made up. That resulted in teams playing a
different number of games. Detroit won the division tile over Boston by
1/2 game, I believe the only time in history that happened.

David Von Pein

Dec 22, 2016, 10:29:44 PM12/22/16

David Von Pein

Dec 26, 2016, 8:49:55 PM12/26/16

David Von Pein

Dec 28, 2016, 8:33:34 PM12/28/16
Reds vs. Mets....
May 21, 1975....
Billingham vs. Seaver....
1st ever HR for Doug Flynn....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0CWGpD0zVmCSUJRZy1VOE1faDQ/view

David Von Pein

Dec 29, 2016, 9:35:34 PM12/29/16
WBAP-Radio coverage of JFK's assassination:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2ERm-cucsE0S0hvb2lpOEh2SE0

David Von Pein

Jan 1, 2017, 2:36:13 PM1/1/17

David Von Pein

Jan 2, 2017, 9:03:27 PM1/2/17

David Von Pein

Jan 4, 2017, 9:19:00 PM1/4/17
How about this one for an old-time baseball goodie? ---

The 1934 All-Star Game....

Featuring such greats as Ruth, Gehrig, Hubbell, Frisch, Medwick, Foxx, and
Dickey....

This is the game which had Carl Hubbell striking out 5 straight future
Hall-of-Famers....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzWAr91aL-BEM09CNGQ3R2REc1U/view

bigdog

Jan 5, 2017, 9:27:24 AM1/5/17
On Thursday, December 29, 2016 at 9:35:34 PM UTC-5, David Von Pein wrote:
> WBAP-Radio coverage of JFK's assassination:
>
> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B2ERm-cucsE0S0hvb2lpOEh2SE0

Whether radio or TV, I find these as-it-happened reports fascinating. At
the time I was in school and the information we were getting second hand
was very sketchy until our teacher turned on her radio. It was just a
short time later they announced he had died. By the time I got home and
began watching on TV, Oswald was already in custody. Those first few hours
were largely a mystery to me until fairly recently when thanks to you and
others I've been able to see and hear the live coverage.

Jason Burke

Jan 5, 2017, 1:44:39 PM1/5/17
Now *that* was worthwhile.

Anthony Marsh

Jan 5, 2017, 1:50:14 PM1/5/17
Very much on topic and approved by McAdams.
Maybe he was such a great pitcher that he hit JFK in the forehead with
his 120 MPH fastball and knocked him BACK and to the LEFT.
BACK and to the LEFT. BACK and to the LEFT.

bigdog

Jan 5, 2017, 1:56:44 PM1/5/17
Now that is one hell of a find. I didn't even know there were complete recordings of old radio broadcasts of baseball games. I knew certain highlights have been saved (The Giants win the pennant, the Giants win the pennant).

bigdog

Jan 5, 2017, 11:20:49 PM1/5/17
Where the hell am I going to find the time to watch/listen to all these
great old broadcasts of classic baseball games that DVP has given us.
Maybe if we get a crippling snowstorm in the Midwest that forces us all to
cocoon for about a week I might be able to get to them.

Just kidding, David. This is much appreciated.

David Von Pein

Jan 6, 2017, 12:07:53 PM1/6/17
I recently discovered this YouTube channel ("Classic Baseball On The
Radio")....

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCVSJblsQs4cOylK64l-medA

And here's the complete 1951 "The Giants Win The Pennant" game....
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0CWGpD0zVmCay1CcVVDcm0wSkU/view

bigdog

Jan 6, 2017, 11:17:05 PM1/6/17
This is a gold mine. There goes my free time for the next few months.

Thanks again.

David Von Pein

Jan 7, 2017, 1:19:47 PM1/7/17

David Von Pein

Jan 7, 2017, 1:21:20 PM1/7/17
NEW (LONGER) "NBC-TV 11/22/63 HIGHLIGHTS" VIDEO (IN HIGHER QUALITY):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzEbCwH8buS1aGhvbnhYRXVheTg/view

bigdog

Jan 7, 2017, 8:55:53 PM1/7/17
On Saturday, January 7, 2017 at 1:19:47 PM UTC-5, David Von Pein wrote:
> An addendum (just for BigDog)....
>
> http://otrrlibrary.org/OTRRLib/Library%20Files/B%20Series/Baseball%20Broadcasts/

WOW, that is one great collection. The one that has me baffled though is
the Cubs/Mets from 1966. That was the first year the Mets didn't finish
dead last in the National League. They finished 9th. The Cubs finished
10th. I'm trying to figure out why someone would save that broadcast.
Maybe it was a rabid Mets fan and the game and that was the game they move
out of the cellar. Maybe it was considered historic back then.

PS. The Mets were back in last place in 1967, back up to 9th in 1968,
followed by the Miracle Mets in 1969. 1969 was also the year the leagues
split into two divisions for the first time, adding a playoff round to the
post season.

Anthony Marsh

Jan 7, 2017, 8:59:31 PM1/7/17
On 1/7/2017 1:21 PM, David Von Pein wrote:
> NEW (LONGER) "NBC-TV 11/22/63 HIGHLIGHTS" VIDEO (IN HIGHER QUALITY):
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzEbCwH8buS1aGhvbnhYRXVheTg/view

OPEN WITH?

Javascripts don't work.
Not AUTHORIZED

Anthony Marsh

Jan 8, 2017, 1:49:54 PM1/8/17
On 1/7/2017 1:21 PM, David Von Pein wrote:
> NEW (LONGER) "NBC-TV 11/22/63 HIGHLIGHTS" VIDEO (IN HIGHER QUALITY):
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzEbCwH8buS1aGhvbnhYRXVheTg/view

MALWARE
Never use CHROME

David Von Pein

Jan 8, 2017, 10:44:44 PM1/8/17
Just ignore the "Open With" choices. That's what I always do. No reason to
use them as far as I can see. I wish that option wasn't there at all. All
it does is shrink down my video title, forcing the need for the proverbial
mouse-over in order to see the whole title. ~sigh~

David Von Pein

Jan 8, 2017, 10:46:12 PM1/8/17
JOHN CORBETT SAID:

The one that has me baffled though is the Cubs/Mets from 1966. .... I'm
trying to figure out why someone would save that broadcast.

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Well, I saved a bunch of Reds' radio highlights from 1982, '83, and '84 --
three of the worst years ever for the Big Red Machine. I saved them
because that just happened to be the point in time in my life when I was
closely following the team every day (and keeping all the stats , etc.).

Fortunately, though, 1985 was much much better for Cincinnati when I was
still in my "baseball obsessed" mode---an exciting 2nd-place finish in '85
plus Pete Rose chasing down and passing Ty Cobb (and we should have had
the NL MVP that year too, IMO--Dave Parker--but he lost out to Willie
McGee).

I started keeping track of Reds' games in 1972, but my stat sheets were
much thinner and didn't include very much. I wish I had been able to tape
a lot of games off the radio in '72 and '73 (with Al Michaels), but I was
just a small tot back then (and I couldn't afford to buy the tapes or the
tape recorder either).

I was recently able to download and save one regular-season Reds' TV game
from 1972 (below). It's game that was played just 4 days after I
personally obtained 13 Reds' autographs (including Johnny Bench's) in the
Riverfront Stadium parking garage. I'm hoping I can find more Reds' games
from this era in the future:

http://dvp-potpourri.blogspot.com/2016/05/cincinnati-reds-baseball-july-8-1972.html

Allan G. Johnson

Jan 9, 2017, 5:14:51 PM1/9/17
Why on earth did the Reds decide to fire Sparky in 1979? It was very
fortunate for my Tigers, they fired their recently hired manager, Les
Moss, and immediately hired Sparky. He absolutely was the right person to
lead the young Tigers in the 80's, coming close to winning the pennant in
1983 and 1987 and winning it all in a virtually perfect season in 1984.
Do you think the Reds would have been better off keeping him?

bigdog

Jan 9, 2017, 5:17:05 PM1/9/17
1967 and 1968 were the years when I became baseball obsessed. My family
moved from Omaha to Columbus in 1966. In Omaha the only TV baseball was
the networks and in 1965 they got scaled way back. Prior to that both NBC
and CBS carried a game on Saturday AND Sunday. ABC replaced NBC in 1965
and only carried a Saturday game and CBS which owned the Yankees only
carried their home games. I looked forward to being able to see Reds and
Indians games on local TV and we certainly got that. About midway through
the 1967 season I discovered I could pick up WJR in Detroit and the late
great Ernie Harwell. I followed the Tigers daily through the four team
American League race only to see the Tigers lose to the Red Sox on the
last day of the season. 1968 was the year Detroit ran away with the race
and I listened to almost every game on radio except for the ones on TV. It
goes without saying my social life took a hit as a result.

Anthony Marsh

Jan 9, 2017, 10:12:03 PM1/9/17
The reason why they put that Javascript in is to automatically detect
which browser you use. It may work very easily if you use CHROME. Don't
use CHROME. CHROME is for teenagers who don't know any better. BTW, some
better browsers allow you to INSPECT the ELEMENTS of the web page and spot
the errors in the Javascripts. When I wrote my own pages I would have to
test them with 5-10 different browsers to make sure that they looked OK
with all browsers. As I explained and demonstrated to the 2 Secret Service
agents IE did not handle WORD WRAP around images very well and had
problems with line length and hard carriage returns. Edge is not that much
better.

BTW, do you know what a Clickthrough-trap is?

David Von Pein

Jan 10, 2017, 1:17:32 AM1/10/17
I've been asking myself that question since they fired him.

> It was very
> fortunate for my Tigers, they fired their recently hired manager, Les
> Moss, and immediately hired Sparky. He absolutely was the right person to
> lead the young Tigers in the 80's, coming close to winning the pennant in
> 1983 and 1987 and winning it all in a virtually perfect season in 1984.
> Do you think the Reds would have been better off keeping him?

Well, overall, yes, I think so. Sparky Anderson was an excellent "players"
manager. But as far as the 1979 season specifically is concerned, it would
be hard for Sparky to have done any better than his replacement (John
McNamara) did during the '79 regular season. McNamara led the Reds to the
N.L. West championship that year.

Hindsight is always perfect, though. If the Reds had been able to see into
the future, I kind of doubt they would have let Frank Robinson get away
after the 1965 season either. (No trade could possibly have been worse
than that one.)

If John McAdams wants us to stop talking about baseball here, I couldn't
blame him. We've been off-topic with the baseball talk for several posts
now. So, I apologize to .John for that. (But I *have* enjoyed the
discussions.)

John McAdams

Jan 10, 2017, 1:20:52 AM1/10/17
On 10 Jan 2017 01:17:31 -0500, David Von Pein <davev...@aol.com>
wrote:
Carry on.

I sometimes clamp down on discussions that are off topic, consume a
lot of bandwidth, and are highly contentious (requiring a lot of
rejections).

But it has to be all three.

Lacking those things, I would rather just let people discuss what they
want to discuss, so long as the board remains *mostly* JFK.

.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

David Von Pein

Jan 10, 2017, 1:23:56 AM1/10/17
Just one more baseball post (if I may)....

John C. and others should enjoy these 26 TV episodes of "Home Run Derby"
from 1960, featuring the likes of Mantle, Mays, Aaron, Banks, Snider,
Killebrew, Mathews, and more....

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B9E6ed_4-hx6TlBTRUxtWkNBTDg

bigdog

Jan 10, 2017, 11:31:34 AM1/10/17
On Monday, January 9, 2017 at 5:14:51 PM UTC-5, Allan G. Johnson wrote:
My sentiments exactly. Wasn't it Bob Howsam who fired Sparky. A lot of
Reds fans never forgave him for that.

David Von Pein

Jan 10, 2017, 6:00:37 PM1/10/17
Okay, John. Thanks. (That's exactly what I was hoping you were going to
say.) :-)

To get things back on the "JFK" track, allow me to offer up this 8-part
audio/video series that I made a few years ago to combat Jim DiEugenio's
non-stop nonsense....

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B294SBAT_oH6THZCT1I4YkIzR28

bigdog

Jan 10, 2017, 9:45:49 PM1/10/17
I remember the original Home Run Derby well. I believe it was a syndicated
program and in Omaha it aired on Wednesday nights after the late night
news which meant 10:30. We didn't discover it right away and so I didn't
see the earliest shows. I think the first episode I saw was when Hank
Aaron defeated Ken Boyer to become the new champion of the show and he
began the longest run as the reigning champ. Classic Sports which became
ESPN Classic aired the series in its entirety about 25 years ago and I saw
all the early episodes. A few of the sluggers got invited back for a
second chance.

It was filmed in the off season following the 1959 season. I think Rocky
Colavito appeared in his Indians uniform so apparently that was before he
had been traded to the Tigers. The ballpark was Wrigley Field in Los
Angeles which became the home of the Los Angeles Angels their first
season. I think later they shared Dodger Stadium until their present
ballpark in Anaheim was built which is now one of the oldest parks in the
major leagues. Fairly recently I learned that Mark Scott, who was both
producer and announcer for the show died of a heart attack near the end of
the program's run so there would be no second season.

One last memory of the show. Late in the run of that first season it got
preempted because the Republican Convention ran late and I believe it was
the night Nixon got nominated. It was the first time I saw or even heard
about Nixon and so right away I didn't like him.

Anthony Marsh

Jan 11, 2017, 6:35:57 PM1/11/17
On 1/10/2017 1:20 AM, John McAdams wrote:
> On 10 Jan 2017 01:17:31 -0500, David Von Pein <davev...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
>> On Monday, January 9, 2017 at 5:14:51 PM UTC-5, Allan G. Johnson wrote:
>>> On Sunday, January 8, 2017 at 10:46:12 PM UTC-5, David Von Pein wrote:
>>
>>> It was very
>>> fortunate for my Tigers, they fired their recently hired manager, Les
>>> Moss, and immediately hired Sparky. He absolutely was the right person to
>>> lead the young Tigers in the 80's, coming close to winning the pennant in
>>> 1983 and 1987 and winning it all in a virtually perfect season in 1984.
>>> Do you think the Reds would have been better off keeping him?
>>
>> Well, overall, yes, I think so. Sparky Anderson was an excellent "players"
>> manager. But as far as the 1979 season specifically is concerned, it would
>> be hard for Sparky to have done any better than his replacement (John
>> McNamara) did during the '79 regular season. McNamara led the Reds to the
>> N.L. West championship that year.
>>
>> Hindsight is always perfect, though. If the Reds had been able to see into
>> the future, I kind of doubt they would have let Frank Robinson get away
>> after the 1965 season either. (No trade could possibly have been worse
>> than that one.)
>>
>> If John McAdams wants us to stop talking about baseball here, I couldn't
>> blame him. We've been off-topic with the baseball talk for several posts
>> now. So, I apologize to .John for that. (But I *have* enjoyed the
>> discussions.)

Say it ain't so Joe.

> Carry on.
>
> I sometimes clamp down on discussions that are off topic, consume a
> lot of bandwidth, and are highly contentious (requiring a lot of
> rejections).

Especially when you lose the argument.

> But it has to be all three.

Go ahead, try to pick a topic, any topic that isn't contentious.
I double dare you. I know people here who would love to have heated
argument about unicorns.

> Lacking those things, I would rather just let people discuss what they
> want to discuss, so long as the board remains *mostly* JFK.

It's actually fun to think of some connections between current events
and JFK. Sometimes it gives me a chance to slip in some clever insults.
I'll try one tonight.

> .John
> -----------------------
> http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

David Von Pein

Jan 15, 2017, 9:03:29 PM1/15/17

bigdog

Jan 16, 2017, 6:58:08 PM1/16/17
On Sunday, January 15, 2017 at 9:03:29 PM UTC-5, David Von Pein wrote:
> VOICE OF AMERICA BULLETINS (11/22/63):
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B294SBAT_oH6WmdSWGdIa1IwcGM/view

The fog-of-war syndrome.

Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Jan 21, 2017, 3:44:02 PM1/21/17

David Von Pein

Jan 22, 2017, 10:36:09 PM1/22/17

David Von Pein

Jan 29, 2017, 5:31:18 PM1/29/17
"GERALDO" (11/22/1988)....

Wecht, Belin, Leavelle, Jean Hill, Tague, and more....

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzEbCwH8buS1RWJ2TXJhVVNDWVk/view

David Von Pein

Feb 4, 2017, 8:02:12 PM2/4/17
Back to baseball for just a moment (sorry)....

Hey John C. (bigdog)! At Amazon.com today, I came across the following
excellent 2012 review for the Season One DVD of "This Week In Baseball"
(the classic baseball highlights TV show hosted by Mel Allen), and I was
wondering if you were the "John Corbett" who wrote it?....

https://www.amazon.com/review/R1D06DCRUY33NJ

The reason I bumped into that review is because I was doing some research
on "This Week In Baseball", in order to try and verify the exact dates
when the episodes were first aired (although I know it was a syndicated
program, which means the shows might have aired on different days in
different cities).

Anyhow, I've now added some of the "TWIB" episodes to my Video Index
(which is why I wanted to confirm the air dates, since I hate inaccurate
data on my webpages).

These "TWIB" shows are fun to see 40 years later (see link below).
Remember Mark "The Bird" Fidrych of the Tigers? (Sadly, I just learned
today that Fidrych was killed in 2009 in a freak accident involving a dump
truck he owned. He was only 54.)

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B56lqh-7-SzQRGlGcHFTcEtnVFE

bigdog

Feb 7, 2017, 11:25:59 PM2/7/17
On Saturday, February 4, 2017 at 8:02:12 PM UTC-5, David Von Pein wrote:
> Back to baseball for just a moment (sorry)....
>
> Hey John C. (bigdog)! At Amazon.com today, I came across the following
> excellent 2012 review for the Season One DVD of "This Week In Baseball"
> (the classic baseball highlights TV show hosted by Mel Allen), and I was
> wondering if you were the "John Corbett" who wrote it?....

No but I wish I was. I'll check it out.

> https://www.amazon.com/review/R1D06DCRUY33NJ
>
> The reason I bumped into that review is because I was doing some research
> on "This Week In Baseball", in order to try and verify the exact dates
> when the episodes were first aired (although I know it was a syndicated
> program, which means the shows might have aired on different days in
> different cities).

You answered my next question. I remember seeing TWIB episodes quite a bit
and who could forget the great Mel Allen but I couldn't remember who aired
it. My first thought was that it was an ESPN property but in reading the
review it stated it predated ESPN so my next though was it must have been
a syndicated program.

My wheelhouse for base is the late 1950s and through the 1960s. I could
name more players from that era as well as regular lineups than I could
for today.

> Anyhow, I've now added some of the "TWIB" episodes to my Video Index
> (which is why I wanted to confirm the air dates, since I hate inaccurate
> data on my webpages).
>
> These "TWIB" shows are fun to see 40 years later (see link below).
> Remember Mark "The Bird" Fidrych of the Tigers? (Sadly, I just learned
> today that Fidrych was killed in 2009 in a freak accident involving a dump
> truck he owned. He was only 54.)
>
> https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/0B56lqh-7-SzQRGlGcHFTcEtnVFE

I not only remember Mark "The Bird" Fidrych, I was the home plate umpire
for the first pitch he ever through in professional baseball (1974). It
was for the Bristol Tigers of the Appalachian League (rookie league). I
think he was drafted in about the 19th round by the Tigers and generally
players drafted that low aren't considered major league prospects. He was
a surprise. He started out as a short reliever for Bristol (they weren't
called closers back then). It was the first series of the season and I
remember the Bristol first base coach (last name Hogan but don't ask me
his first name) walking past me between innings and asking me if I ever
watched Sesame Street. I told him I didn't but he asked me if I knew who
Big Bird was and said I did. He told me to take a look at the relief
pitcher they were bringing in and see if I thought he looked like Big
Bird. Sure enough, he was tall and gangly with a Harpo Marx hairstyle and
he looked every bit like Big Bird. I looked over at the dugout and Hogan
and I both started laughing. Hogan was the one who nicknamed him Big Bird
and it eventually got changed to The Bird. That's how his manager would
call for him. "Bring me The Bird". He was every bit as flaky in Bristol as
he was in Detroit so it wasn't an act. He was genuine. What I remember
about him was he threw hard and always kept the ball down but you thought
more about how flaky he was rather than how good he was. I never expected
him to go to the big leagues. Next spring I was working at the Tigers
training camp in Lakeland and I was walking past the s tadium to the
practice fields where the minor league games were played and I saw The
Bird warming up in the bullpen and his catcher was Lance Parrish who had
been Bristol's third baseman the previous year. I thought what are those
two Z-ballers doing in the big league uniforms. I would never guess that
just a year later The Bird would be the starting pitcher in the All Star
game and President Ford would be in the locker room before the game
wanting to meet him. Parrish of course became the Tigers regular catcher
for about a decade in the Sparky Anderson era.

David Von Pein

Feb 8, 2017, 4:02:49 PM2/8/17
Wow! What an amazing "Mark Fidrych" story, John. Thanks. (I'm glad I
brought "The Bird's" name up in the conversation. It was worth it to hear
that great true baseball story.) :-)

bigdog

Feb 9, 2017, 7:35:42 PM2/9/17
It was sad when he died so tragically. I remember hearing about it when it
happened. As I understand it he had jacked up his pick up truck to work
underneath it and some how the jack gave way and the truck crushed him.
Around the turn of the century ESPN had a channel called ESPN Classic and
they did a series of one hour biographies on various sports figures and
one of them was about The Bird. He had a meteoric rise and flamed out
almost as quickly due to arm trouble. The year after he was Rookie of the
Year he injured his knee horsing around while shagging fly balls in the
outfield. He came back to make the All Star team and had a decent year but
nothing like his rookie season. I remember early the following spring
(1978) the NBC Game of the Week was at Tiger Stadium and The Bird was
scheduled to pitch so naturally NBC was making a big deal of it. Bryant
Gumbel was still working sports for NBC and he was there with the regular
broadcast team. While warming up, something popped in his shoulder and he
was scratched much to the disappointment of the sellout crowd and the TV
audience. He went on the DL and was never again an effective pitcher.
Eventually the Tigers released him and he was picked up by the Red Sox and
assigned to their Triple AAA team. He was from Worcester, MA. I remember
seeing him in Columbus, OH but he wasn't pitching. Back then many minor
league teams only had a manager, no coaches, so the first base coach would
usually be a pitcher who wasn't going to throw that day. As best I
remember that was what he was doing. I think it was just a few years later
the Red Sox released him ending his career. I remember him talking about
it when he was a guest on Tom Snyder's late night show.

Years later after the final game played at Tiger Stadium there was a
celebration and many of the past Tiger stars were brought back. Of all the
Tiger stars, The Bird got the biggest cheer, even bigger than Al Kaline,
World Series hero Mickey Lolich, and hometown favorite Willie Horton. He
made that big an impression in just the two seasons he spent in a Tiger
uniform.

A few other tidbits about The Bird. He is still the only baseball player
to ever appear on the cover of the Rolling Stone. After his rookie season
he was at a show in Las Vegas and Frank Sinatra asked him to come on
stage. Later the Beach Boys asked him to go along on their tour which he
did until it was time to report to spring training.

After writing all this I decided to fact check it against the record to
make sure I wasn't having any false memories. The record pretty much lines
up with the way I remember it.

http://www.baseball-reference.com/players/f/fidryma01.shtml

https://www.bing.com/images/search?view=detailV2&ccid=FPc2pKB3&id=A7EB235B9FBD637A7B415C44364C043E76980143&q=mark+fidrych+rolling+stone+magazine&simid=608036051834700529&selectedIndex=1

bigdog

Feb 10, 2017, 4:00:26 PM2/10/17
On Thursday, February 9, 2017 at 7:35:42 PM UTC-5, bigdog wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 8, 2017 at 4:02:49 PM UTC-5, David Von Pein wrote:
> >
> > Wow! What an amazing "Mark Fidrych" story, John. Thanks. (I'm glad I
> > brought "The Bird's" name up in the conversation. It was worth it to hear
> > that great true baseball story.) :-)
>
> It was sad when he died so tragically. I remember hearing about it when it
> happened. As I understand it he had jacked up his pick up truck to work
> underneath it and some how the jack gave way and the truck crushed him.

I probably should have fact checked this part of my post as well instead
of relying on memory. While his death was a tragic accident, it was
beneath a dump truck he used in his gravel hauling business. Apparently he
was working under the dump truck and his shirt got caught in the drive
shaft and began to wrap around it. Apparently he could not free himself
and ended up being asphyixiated. Sounds like just a freak accident. I
think when it happened all these details weren't yet known and I formed an
impression of what happened based on sketchy earlier reports. I guess this
is a good example of how false memories are formed.

Anthony Marsh

Feb 11, 2017, 9:37:55 AM2/11/17
I don't seriously think we can add that to Charnin's list of mysterious
deaths. And I doubt the KGB would be interested. Maybe we can pin it on
the Cigarette Smoking Man. <cue Mark Snow music>

David Von Pein

Feb 11, 2017, 10:54:25 PM2/11/17
GERALD FORD ASSASSINATION ATTEMPT #2 (SEP. 22, 1975) (including a radio
recording of the shooting as it occurred, with the gunshot clearly
audible, which I had never heard before):

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzEbCwH8buS1NEoyWFN2aVg0UE0/view

David Von Pein

Feb 14, 2017, 6:29:01 PM2/14/17
A couple of "new" audio files on the RFK shooting. (They're new to me
anyway.)....

NBC RADIO:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B56lqh-7-SzQeGhKeXJTS18tNTQ/view

KNX RADIO:
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B56lqh-7-SzQRlRjVDJnc0xabW8/view

David Von Pein

Feb 16, 2017, 5:53:13 PM2/16/17
DAN RATHER'S LIVE CBS-TV REPORTS FROM DEALEY PLAZA ON 11/23/63:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzEbCwH8buS1RGFyS2R6X2Y5UXM/view

Anthony Marsh

Feb 17, 2017, 9:12:34 PM2/17/17
On 2/16/2017 5:53 PM, David Von Pein wrote:
> DAN RATHER'S LIVE CBS-TV REPORTS FROM DEALEY PLAZA ON 11/23/63:
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzEbCwH8buS1RGFyS2R6X2Y5UXM/view

Live? Sure sure. Is this the one where he said the assassination
happened on 11/23/63?

David Von Pein

Feb 18, 2017, 9:19:44 PM2/18/17
Tony,

You actually want to dispute whether or not Dan Rather was reporting
"live" from Dealey Plaza on Sat., 11/23 in those video clips I provided?

Why would you attempt to dispute such a thing? ~DVP shrug time~

Allan G. Johnson

Feb 19, 2017, 6:11:05 PM2/19/17
For what it's worth, I can verify that it was live on the 23rd, I saw
it on TV myself that day, and most of the reports that entire weekend. I
always watched CBS and looked forward to when they aired the reports from
Dallas with Dan Rather. I thought he was the standout reporter, even when
he made obvious errors like saying the shots came from the 4th floor while
the camera was showing the 6th floor.

Anthony Marsh

Feb 19, 2017, 6:18:17 PM2/19/17
On 2/18/2017 9:19 PM, David Von Pein wrote:
> On Friday, February 17, 2017 at 9:12:34 PM UTC-5, Anthony Marsh wrote:
>> On 2/16/2017 5:53 PM, David Von Pein wrote:
>>> DAN RATHER'S LIVE CBS-TV REPORTS FROM DEALEY PLAZA ON 11/23/63:
>>>
>>> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BzEbCwH8buS1RGFyS2R6X2Y5UXM/view
>>>

>> Live? Sure sure. Is this the one where he said the assassination
>> happened on 11/23/63?
>
> Tony,
>
> You actually want to dispute whether or not Dan Rather was reporting
> "live" from Dealey Plaza on Sat., 11/23 in those video clips I provided?

No, silly. I'm talking about the show where he said the President was
assassinated on November 23, 1963. Do you have that one?

> Why would you attempt to dispute such a thing? ~DVP shrug time~

Do I think Dan Rather is a liar? I know he is.
YOu want to talk about fake news. Tell everyone about KBOX.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoMx9uSPxYk

All of this segment is a recreation, done for the Colpix album "Four
Days That Shocked The World" which was released in '64. Sam Pate himself
says it was all recorded after the fact. Both Sam Pate and Ron Jenkins
have acknowledge the recreations...including the sirens in Pate's
"report" which if you listen closely, are of much high fidelity than the
voice report which is supposed to be coming over a two-way radio.

David Von Pein

Feb 20, 2017, 7:20:17 PM2/20/17
On Sunday, February 19, 2017 at 6:18:17 PM UTC-5, Anthony Marsh wrote:
> On 2/18/2017 9:19 PM, David Von Pein wrote:

> >> Live? Sure sure. Is this the one where he said the assassination
> >> happened on 11/23/63?
> >
> > Tony,
> >
> > You actually want to dispute whether or not Dan Rather was reporting
> > "live" from Dealey Plaza on Sat., 11/23 in those video clips I provided?
> >

> No, silly.

Then why did you start off your previous post with the comment "Live? Sure
sure"? Just to start an argument?

I'm talking about the show where he said the President was
> assassinated on November 23, 1963. Do you have that one?
>
> > Why would you attempt to dispute such a thing? ~DVP shrug time~
> >

> Do I think Dan Rather is a liar? I know he is.
> YOu want to talk about fake news. Tell everyone about KBOX.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IoMx9uSPxYk
>

> All of this segment is a recreation, done for the Colpix album "Four
> Days That Shocked The World" which was released in '64. Sam Pate himself
> says it was all recorded after the fact. Both Sam Pate and Ron Jenkins
> have acknowledge the recreations...including the sirens in Pate's
> "report" which if you listen closely, are of much high fidelity than the
> voice report which is supposed to be coming over a two-way radio.

I already have discussed the KBOX re-creation---several times:

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2012/06/kbox-radio.html

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2015/08/jfk-assassination-arguments-part-997.html

Plus, that's MY video you linked to, for Pete sake! Couldn't you tell
that?

David Von Pein

Feb 20, 2017, 7:23:02 PM2/20/17

Anthony Marsh

Feb 21, 2017, 9:02:25 AM2/21/17
Of course I noticed. That's what's known as sharpening the barb. Using
something you can't deny. So, do you accept that the KBOX tape was fake?
Please explain to everyone how and why.

David Von Pein

Mar 2, 2017, 8:26:28 PM3/2/17
DVP's Audio/Video Master Index....

Category Breakdown (with anchor links now available for instant access to these specific sub-topics within the Master Index)....

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html#JFK-Assassination-Media-Coverage

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html#JFK-Speeches

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html#JFK-Press-Conferences

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html#Misc-JFK-Related-Programs

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html#Kennedy-Era-News-Capsules

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html#On-Trial-Lee-Harvey-Oswald

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html#JFK-Phone-Calls

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html#More-Video-Files-And-Folders

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html#A&E-Biography-Episodes

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html#Aviation-Programs

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html#Baseball-Games-And-Highlights

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html#Donald-Trump

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html#Movies-And-Movie-Trailers

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html#Music

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html#The-1995-OJ-Simpson-Murder-Trial

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html#Old-Time-Radio

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html#Radio-Airchecks

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html#The-Assassination-Of-Robert-F-Kennedy

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html#September-11-2001

David Von Pein

Mar 2, 2017, 9:17:17 PM3/2/17

David Von Pein

Mar 14, 2017, 8:03:54 PM3/14/17
Commentary and interviews from the original TV broadcast of "On Trial: Lee
Harvey Oswald" on November 22, 1986:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B66zFAvTgxxISVl2Uzc0T0pvdWs/view

bigdog

Mar 17, 2017, 9:32:20 AM3/17/17
I remember seeing this program a few years later when it was hosted by
Geraldo Rivera. I can't remember which network carried it but I don't
think it was commercial free. Do you know who broadcast it after it had
run its course on Showtime?

PS. I think this was shortly before Geraldo did his lame show about
opening Al Capone's recently discovered hidden vault on live TV. It turned
out to be a real bust. I think the only thing left in it was a couple
bottles of wine.

David Von Pein

Mar 20, 2017, 8:57:41 PM3/20/17

BOZ

Mar 24, 2017, 1:17:55 PM3/24/17
Rather was a jerk.

David Von Pein

Apr 5, 2017, 1:00:40 AM4/5/17
Note for John McAdams....

I've made some changes to one of my websites that you have been nice
enough to feature at your "Best Of" webpage at your site....

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/bestof.htm

This link below....

http://YouTube-Playlists.blogspot.com

....needs to be changed to this link instead....

http://DVP-Video-Audio-Archive.blogspot.com

Thanks in advance for making this change.

Regards & Godspeed,

DVP

John McAdams

Apr 5, 2017, 1:09:40 AM4/5/17
On 5 Apr 2017 01:00:39 -0400, David Von Pein <davev...@aol.com>
wrote:
OK, made it to the master copy. It will be uploaded and online in a
day or two.

I suppose this is a good occasion to offer my thinks for the
absolutely splendid assassination video (and audio, and other)
resources you have put online.

.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
Message has been deleted

David Von Pein

Apr 18, 2017, 9:14:13 PM4/18/17

David Von Pein

Apr 30, 2017, 10:42:49 PM4/30/17

bigdog

May 2, 2017, 8:21:29 PM5/2/17
On Sunday, April 30, 2017 at 10:42:49 PM UTC-4, David Von Pein wrote:
> JFK IN NEBRASKA (AND IN COLOR!)....
>
> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B66zFAvTgxxIdERlWWpqVjlSZG8/view

It's amazing that even though I lived in Omaha at the time which is just
north of Offut AFB I have no memory whatsoever of that visit. I'm sure it
would have been a big deal in the media since presidents coming to a small
state like Nebraska is not a common occurrence but I must not have been
paying attention at the time. I usually have a pretty good memory about
things like that. I do remember LBJ coming to town to campaign for the
Democrat candidate for Congress, Tom Bonner, in the 1962 midterms. The
reason I remember his name is my mother recruited me to go door to door
putting small postcard sized campaign leaflets in mailboxes. He did what
most Democrats do in Nebraska. He lost.

In looking at the video, I found it curious that the enlisted men standing
at attention were carrying a sidearms. I wonder what the security rules
for that were. Were these guys MPs who were part of the security detail
much as local police are used to aid the SS. Was this an honor unit and
the weapons were unloaded and just for show. I would think that the SS
would be concerned that a disgruntled service man could pose as much of a
threat as a civilian.

A couple other interesting things. JFK carried his hat in his hand but
never put it on. He rarely wore hats. The only time I remember seeing him
with a hat on was leaving the Chicago hotel during the Cuban Missile
Crisis when they used the cover story that he had a bad cold as the reason
for him cutting the trip short. I was wondering in your vast archives if
you have many photos of JFK actually wearing a hat.

LBJ was on the ground to greet JFK as he disembarked from the plane. Then
as now I don't believe they would ever have the POTUS and the Veep fly in
the same plane.

The short motorcade used a standard white Lincoln convertible which I
believe was the back up car during the Texas trip. It was used on 11/21/63
as well as in Ft. Worth the next day. It was followed by a whole string of
Ford Galazy convertibles. Apparently Ford had a contract to supply
auxiliary vehicles for such events.

David Von Pein

May 3, 2017, 4:55:10 PM5/3/17
JOHN CORBETT SAID:

I was wondering in your vast archives if you have many photos of JFK
actually wearing a hat.

DAVID VON PEIN SAID:

Yes. A couple. Here:

http://kennedy-photos.blogspot.com/2012/06/kennedy-gallery-163.html

http://kennedy-photos.blogspot.com/2013/11/kennedy-gallery-355.html

bigdog

May 4, 2017, 1:39:34 PM5/4/17
Maybe it's just my fuzzy memories but it seems to me that it was quite
common for men in suits to wear a hat as well in the 1950s but in the
1960s after JFK became President, hats fell out of favor with most men. I
know looking at photos of the crowds at baseball games in the 1950s that
most of the men wore suits and there were lots of hat as well. Now who
goes to a ballgame wearing a suit other than the commissioner and the
owners.

Anthony Marsh

May 5, 2017, 1:26:42 PM5/5/17
This is certainly the most important subject to be discussing here. Maybe
you think it will solve the case. Maybe you think that if JFK had only
been wearing a bullet proof hat he would have survived.

David Von Pein

May 6, 2017, 10:35:25 PM5/6/17

slats

May 6, 2017, 10:38:20 PM5/6/17
bigdog <jecorb...@yahoo.com> wrote in news:21b00fef-d146-4f11-a5ac-
f8ea7b...@googlegroups.com:
clipped from a German documentary. probably very early on in his
administration.

https://youtu.be/jPCpySYuPnY

---
http://www.avg.com