Can it be? Howard Brennan saw nothing on the sixth floor?

donald willis

Nov 6, 2017, 1:07:35 PM11/6/17
Can it be? Howard Brennan saw nothing on the sixth floor?

"The Commission is satisfied that, at the least, Brennan saw a man in the
["sniper's nest"] window...." (Warren Report p146)

The Commission was easily satisfied. Brennan testifies, "I saw this one
man on the sixth floor which [sic] left the window, to my knowledge, a
couple of times" (v3p143). However, when confronted with CE 477, a photo
of the front of the depository, Brennan admits, "Well, I am confused here,
the way this shows. But I believe this is the sixth floor, but the way
those windows are built there, right at the present, I am confused whether
this is the same window." (p143)

He begins and ends his identification of the sixth-floor window in
confusion. Why? The sixth floor is still the "second row of windows from
the top," as he described it in his 11/22/63 affidavit. It hasn't
changed. And, most helpfully, the fifth-floor witnesses' windows which
were open then are open now, on CE 477, so that Brennan can at least find
the right floor, just above. He clarifies re the sixth-floor windows,
"The way this building is built, it seems like this is more or less a long
window with a divider in the middle." He is now talking about the whole
east-end twin window, which is actually two windows. But he now thinks
that it may be just one long window. Why? Because the "nest" window is
closed, in the photo, making it possible for someone UNFAMILIAR with the
sixth-floor windows to think that the "nest" window and the (also closed)
adjoining window are one big long window.

Supposedly, Brennan had seen these same two windows at 12:30pm on 11/22/63,
when the left-side window was closed, and the right-side window was half-open.
Brennan was looking at these two windows long enough to see "this one
man" leave the window and return at least twice. Further, he testifies
that "at one time, he came to the window and sat sideways on the window
sill" (p144). Indeed, this feat would seem more likely if the window WAS
longer, or open wider. Yet, he is now "confused whether this is the same
window." Wrong floor maybe? Wrong side of the building? Wrong building?
Stranger in a strange window....

Shouldn't be that strange, actually. Supposedly, Brennan also saw fellow
witness James Jarman in the fourth window from the east end on the fifth
floor. And the adjoining window was closed. So Brennan had two chances
to see how the building's casement windows operated. Brennan would seem
to have everything working for him to make a positive ID of the "nest"
window: the east-end window... the "second row of windows from the top"...
the wide-open fifth-floor windows. What then was the problem?

At first, he circles two windows. It doesn't seem like the "same window".
Poor baby. Brennan wants everything to be just right. But Belin does not
care about fine points. And he does, finally, it seems, get his window,
but in the context of a fresh problem. Brennan now testifies that the
*fifth-floor* windows are correct, on CE 481 (p152)--that is, wide open.
Then he throws Belin a wicked curve: "I believe that at the time he was
firing, [the "nest" window] was open just like this." Belin: "Just like
the windows on the fifth floor immediately below?" Brennan: "That is
right." (p153)

But the impatient Belin is tired of problems: "I wonder if you would mark
[the "nest" window] with the letter "A"." At this point, Belin would have
had Brennan mark a photo of a stained-glass window of the Last Supper if
it could get him through the man's impossible testimony. Long windows,
wide-open windows. Who cares where the sniper was? Just mark the damn
picture!

Wide-open windows.... It's a little too easy simply to say that Brennan
was just mis-remembering how wide the sniper's window was open. There may
have been something else at work here. After all, he did not mis-remember
how wide the comparison fifth-floor windows were open, just below. And
while he tacitly puts aside his "long window" notion (when he sees CE
481), his "wide open" idea is let stand: At this point, Brennan does not
realize that the photo of the window he is marking was taken just after
the shooting. He's clearly under the impression that the photo was taken
at some other, unspecified time. Unwittingly, he endorses a half-open
sniper's window, though he specifically rules that out. If his "A" says
"sixth floor", his testimony says "anything but the sixth floor"....

Well, whatever makes Belin happy. Brennan's baffling little "wide open"
bombshell, however, must have gotten under Belin's skin. He went on to
ask other witnesses how wide the window was open, and invariably got the
same "wrong" answer.

Anything but the sixth floor....

dcw

Ace Kefford

Nov 8, 2017, 7:33:54 PM11/8/17
No.

Anthony Marsh

Nov 9, 2017, 5:17:00 PM11/9/17
Silly. Brennan saw a man on the sixth floor, but it wasn't necessarily
Oswald. And he didn't see him shoot.

donald willis

Nov 9, 2017, 10:13:01 PM11/9/17
I knew I was setting up for an easy out for those who don't read
Commission testimony very closely. Just look at the "A"; forget what
Brennan actually said....

dcw

David Von Pein

Nov 10, 2017, 3:04:38 PM11/10/17
What are you getting at here, Don? The "A" window marked by Brennan is the
SIXTH-floor window (southeast corner). The "A" isn't on the fifth floor.
And Brennan is quite clear in his testimony what he saw in the "A"
window....

Mr. BELIN. Here is a marking pencil. Will you just mark the window that
you believe you saw the man. .... And do you want to put a letter "A", if
you would, by that. All right, now you have marked on Commission Exhibit
477 a circle with the letter "A" to show the window that you saw a man in,
I believe you said, at least two times come back and forth.

Mr. BRENNAN. Yes

CE477:
https://history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/html/WH_Vol17_0112a.htm

donald willis

Nov 10, 2017, 3:05:35 PM11/10/17
With the wide-open "nest" window which allowed the man to rest on the
window ledge and allowed Fischer to see just about his whole body, which
Fischer said he couldn't have done unless the window was wide-open.
Whatever, if anything, happened on the 6th floor, Brennan didn't see
it....

dcw

Steve M. Galbraith

Nov 10, 2017, 9:08:35 PM11/10/17
Where did Fischer say the man rested on the window ledge? And where did he
say he could see the man's "entire body"? Could you give us a cite?

Here is what he said (affidavit): "I looked up at the window and I noticed
that he seemed to be laying down there or in a funny position anyway,
because all I could see was his head."

"Seemed to be laying down." But all he "could see was his head." If the
man was laying on the window ledge then he could obviously see more than
just the man's head.

To my reading he is saying the man appeared to be laying down *inside* the
window, on the floor, since he could only see the head.

Again, where do you get he saw the man laying down on the window ledge?

Here is his testimony:

Mr. BELIN - Do you remember anything about the man? Could you describe his
appearance at all? First of all, how much of him could you see?
Mr. FISCHER - I could see from about the middle of his chest past the top
of his head.

So if he all he could see of the man was "from about the middle of his
chest past the top of his head" then obviously the man wasn't laying on
the window ledge since he could see more than just from the middle of the
chest to the head.

donald willis

Nov 10, 2017, 9:09:47 PM11/10/17
Mr. BELIN. All right. Let me ask you this. On Exhibit 481, does the condition
of the opening of the windows in the fifth floor appear to be that which
you saw on the afternoon of November 22?
Mr. BRENNAN. Yes. These do.
Mr. BELIN. You are pointing to the fifth-floor windows now?

152

Mr. BRENNAN. But I don't recall this window at the time of the shooting
being that low.
Mr. BELIN. Now, by this window you are pointing to the window on the sixth
floor?
Mr. BRENNAN. Right.
Mr. BELIN. On Exhibit 481. I wonder if you would mark that with the letter
"A"--if you would circle that window. And could you put an "A" on that, if
you would.
Now, window A, on Exhibit 481, when you saw it, how high do you believe it
was open?
Mr. BRENNAN. I believe that at the time he was firing, it was open just
like this.
Mr. BELIN. Just like the windows on the fifth floor immediately below?
Mr. BRENNAN. That is right.

Take that "A' out of context, and yes there's no problem, eh? But Brennan
clearly does not know that he's marking the window as it was at the time
of the shooting, which he testifies he did not think was that "LOW". Or
maybe he would not have marked it. But Belin wanted to get his man, in
this case Brennan....

dcw

donald willis

Nov 11, 2017, 4:10:31 PM11/11/17
Will take care of this now. Did not say that Fischer said that. Brennan
said that, though I think his phrase was "window sill". Rest, later....

BOZ

Nov 11, 2017, 7:38:15 PM11/11/17
> ten under Belin's skin. He went on to
> ask other witnesses how wide the window was open, and invariably got the
> same "wrong" answer.
>
> Anything but the sixth floor....
> Well, whatever makes Belin happy. Brennan's baffling little "wide open"
> bombshell, however, must have got
>
> dcw

There is only one word to describe this analysis. ASININE.

donald willis

Nov 11, 2017, 8:41:15 PM11/11/17
On Friday, November 10, 2017 at 6:08:35 PM UTC-8, Steve M. Galbraith wrote:
That "whole body" was not a quote, It was my interpretation of the
sheriff's office notes re Fischer's description of the man:0

"Med. complex, in his 20's, sport shirt AND SLACKS"....(v19 p526)

If Fischer could see the man's slacks, that's pretty much the whole body
that he's seeing. Brennan, meanwhile, testified that he could see
practically his whole body, from the hips up" (v3p144). Same thing,
essentially. Sounds like the man was just a decoy, drawing attention to
himself, doesn't it? Why would a shooter have to make himself so visible?
Testing the wind direction?

> Here is what he said (affidavit): "I looked up at the window and I noticed
> that he seemed to be laying down there or in a funny position anyway,
> because all I could see was his head."
>
> "Seemed to be laying down." But all he "could see was his head." If the
> man was laying on the window ledge then he could obviously see more than
> just the man's head.
>
> To my reading he is saying the man appeared to be laying down *inside* the
> window, on the floor, since he could only see the head.

The floor was some feet below the sill. No one on the outside could have
seen the suspect/decoy lying on the floor....

> Again, where do you get he saw the man laying down on the window ledge?
>
> Here is his testimony:
>
> Mr. BELIN - Do you remember anything about the man? Could you describe his
> appearance at all? First of all, how much of him could you see?
> Mr. FISCHER - I could see from about the middle of his chest past the top
> of his head.
>
> So if he all he could see of the man was "from about the middle of his
> chest past the top of his head" then obviously the man wasn't laying on
> the window ledge since he could see more than just from the middle of the
> chest to the head.

As I noted, it was *Brennan*, and he actually said "window sill", not
ledge. Sorry.

dcw

Anthony Marsh

Nov 12, 2017, 1:54:43 PM11/12/17
It was physically impossible to lay down on the window ledge with the
window barely open and those boxes in the way. Pareidolia.

So, did Brennan see his WHOLE body? Did he see his feet?

donald willis

Nov 12, 2017, 10:47:11 PM11/12/17
Bozzy has all the wit of Oscar Wilde. Not.

donald willis

Nov 12, 2017, 10:47:53 PM11/12/17
On Friday, November 10, 2017 at 12:04:38 PM UTC-8, David Von Pein wrote:
Even as Brennan marked the window "A" he ruled it out as the source of the
shooting. He said the window had not been THAT LOW. And he knew what he
was talking about -- he said the windows below had been open all the way,
and they were. 'Bout time you guys gave up the half-open-window ghost....
Fischer, Edwards, Couch and Jackson agreed with Brennan--the window was
open all the way.

dcw

donald willis

Nov 13, 2017, 3:24:05 PM11/13/17
And Ronald Fischer testified that he could not possibly have seen so much
of the suspect's body if the window had not been WIDE OPEN!

dcw

Anthony Marsh

Nov 13, 2017, 3:26:55 PM11/13/17
Slacks cover his WHOLE BODY? Them thars what we-un call OVERALLS.

> practically his whole body, from the hips up" (v3p144). Same thing,
> essentially. Sounds like the man was just a decoy, drawing attention to

Decoy? To draw attention to the sniper's nest? That sounds like a Lifton
theory. Decoys in the TSBD shooting blanks to draw attention away from
the real sniper hidden in a tree on the grassy knoll.

> himself, doesn't it? Why would a shooter have to make himself so visible?

Lifton theory.

> Testing the wind direction?

Did he stick his finger out the window?

>> Here is what he said (affidavit): "I looked up at the window and I noticed
>> that he seemed to be laying down there or in a funny position anyway,
>> because all I could see was his head."
>>
>> "Seemed to be laying down." But all he "could see was his head." If the
>> man was laying on the window ledge then he could obviously see more than
>> just the man's head.
>>
>> To my reading he is saying the man appeared to be laying down *inside* the
>> window, on the floor, since he could only see the head.
>
> The floor was some feet below the sill. No one on the outside could have
> seen the suspect/decoy lying on the floor....

Some feet? Whose feet? You don't know in inches, do you?
Please don't use metric measurements here.

http://www.the-puzzle-palace.com/Warren%20Commission%20Exhibit%201312.jpg

Anthony Marsh

Nov 14, 2017, 9:31:31 AM11/14/17
I don't know WHICH window he is talking about, but look at some photos
and films. You can NEVER see 100% of any person standing at the window.