Book Review: "Oswald's Game"

David Von Pein

Jun 27, 2009, 3:16:47 PM6/27/09

Review of Jean Davison's 1983 book "OSWALD'S GAME", plus some
additional assassination discussion:

=====================================

www.HomeTheaterForum.com/htf/after-hours-lounge/289377-book-review-oswalds-game.html

=====================================

j leyden

Jun 27, 2009, 9:22:59 PM6/27/09
On Jun 27, 3:16 pm, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:
> Review of Jean Davison's 1983 book "OSWALD'S GAME", plus some
> additional assassination discussion:

Jean, who has posted here occasionally in weak moments, pretty much
described in her book what goes on in the NGs, especially ACJ.
Commenting on Mark Lane’s tactic of misrepresenting evidence, she
wrote: “Evidently, the Warren Commission records were like a vast
lumberyard. By picking up a few pieces here and there and doing some
cutting and fitting, any theory could be built for which someone had a
blueprint.” Sound like anyone(s) we know?

JGL

> =====================================
>
> www.HomeTheaterForum.com/htf/after-hours-lounge/289377-book-review-os...
>
> =====================================

jbarge

Jun 27, 2009, 11:16:30 PM6/27/09

The author most likely does have some important ideas to add BUT...
"When these men visited [Sylvia] Odio's apartment [in September 1963],
Kennedy's trip to Dallas had not even been scheduled, let alone
announced. ... "

is false, correct?
I do believe the White House announced a visit to Dallas on April 23,
and further the Dallas Morning News announced a motorcade in late
September as well.

"No one on earth could have known that Oswald would ultimately land a
job in a building that would overlook a Kennedy motorcade."
This is ultmately irrelevant, correct?
There is nothing to stop LHO taking his rifle across town during lunch
and firing it if he so desired, at least as far as I can see.
Perhaps someone could explain that if the motorcade didn't go by the
TSBD, then LHO wouldn't be allowed to fire a rifle from another
location - maybe there's a force field or something I don't know about.

Peter Makres

Jun 28, 2009, 12:28:19 PM6/28/09

"jbarge" <anjb...@gmail.com> wrote in message

According to WC, the basic decision for the Texas trip was made in June
1963.

I don't think the exact motorcade route was announced until just a few days
before the
assassination, when the Dallas Times-Herald published it-on November 19, I
believe.

On your last point, this is actually a good point. What's to stop a
determined assassin?
However, this was largely a crime of opportunity for Oswald. Not only would
the
President visit Dallas, his car would drive right by, directly in front of
the building
where he worked. His place of employment provided him an excellent means to
plan his attack, in such a way as to conceal it-obtaining materials to wrap
the rifle, to
bring it into the building and hide it. He may not have known for sure if he
could actually pull it off-but a series of correct conditions enabled him
to. To
carry his rifle across town and try it elsewhere would have been much more
brazen-and with much less chance of success. The way things actually
happened
could not have provided a much better opportunity for Oswald.

Peter

j leyden

Jun 28, 2009, 10:57:08 PM6/28/09
> location - maybe there's a force field or something I don't know about.-

JB, I have no idea what you're talking about.

JGL

David Von Pein

Jun 28, 2009, 11:12:27 PM6/28/09

>>> "To carry his [Oswald's] rifle across town and try it [shooting at JFK] elsewhere would have been much more brazen--and with much less chance of success. The way things actually happened could not have provided a much better opportunity for Oswald." <<<

Exactly, Peter.

You took the words right off of my keyboard.

Nobody can know for certain, of course, whether or not Oswald would
have still attempted the assassination if he hadn't been employed in
the TSBD. But my guess is --- He would not have.

Oswald could be pretty "brazen" at times, however. For example ---
Holding on to the rifle with which he shot at General Walker. Oswald,
incredibly, apparently actually felt no need or desire to get rid of
the weapon with which he took that potshot at Walker.

For more than SEVEN MONTHS he held onto it, even though he almost
certainly had to know that the bullet that he fired into Walker's
house WAS recovered and could conceivably (for all Oswald knew) be
linked to Carcano Rifle #C2766.

I've often wondered why in the world Oswald didn't toss Rifle C2766 in
the trash after he shot at Walker on April 10, 1963 (or dispose of it
in some other fashion). He ran a fearful risk by keeping that rifle in
his possession for all those months.

Perhaps it was a sign of Oswald's miserly and penny-pinching ways.
Maybe he just hated the idea of spending $21.45 for a weapon he would
only be using once.

I also wonder this --- Would Oswald have disposed of his rifle if he
had succeeding in killing General Edwin A. Walker in April 1963?

And I also sometimes wonder this --- If Oswald HAD trashed his Carcano
rifle after the Walker shooting, would he have purchased another rifle
at some point in time to use in another "assassination attempt"?

It's possible, of course, that even if Oswald had disposed of the
C2766 Carcano, he could have still purchased another gun to use on
President Kennedy. Oswald had enough time to get himself another gun
between the time he could have learned for certain that JFK would be
passing by the front door of the Depository and November 22 itself.

Which begs the follow-up question (which has been asked by many people
too) --- Since Oswald had more than $170 and since he had at least 2
to 3 days to get himself another gun (possibly a non-traceable one in
a gunshop someplace), why did LHO decide to use his traceable mail-
order Mannlicher-Carcano rifle to shoot the President?

Food for thought anyway.

In summary:

We can never know the answers to all these questions relating to Lee
Harvey Oswald, his rifle, and the thoughts that might have been
floating around in his warped brain. But the one thing that we do know
beyond all REASONABLE DOUBT is this --- Lee Oswald took Mannlicher-
Carcano rifle #C2766 to work with him on 11/22/63 and fired three
shots from that weapon at President Kennedy from the sixth floor of
the Book Depository Building.

www.DavidVonPein.blogspot.com

d.wigg

Jun 28, 2009, 11:22:03 PM6/28/09
On Jun 28, 11:28 am, "Peter Makres" <pmakr...@msn.com> wrote:
> "jbarge" <anjba...@gmail.com> wrote in message

more brazen-and with much less chance of success." Been there, done that.
April 10,1963.

jbarge

Jun 28, 2009, 11:23:17 PM6/28/09
On Jun 28, 12:28 pm, "Peter Makres" <pmakr...@msn.com> wrote:
> "jbarge" <anjba...@gmail.com> wrote in message

I keep running across references to an April 23 White House
announcement of the Dallas trip.

I believe the Dallas Morning News confirmed the trip on Sept. 23rd.

> I don't think the exact motorcade route was announced until just a few days
> before the
> assassination, when the Dallas Times-Herald published it-on November 19, I
> believe.
>
> On your last point, this is actually a good point.

Well, hey, thanks!

What's to stop a
> determined assassin?
> However, this was largely a crime of opportunity for Oswald.

And perhaps others as well, specifically the Odio participants. But the
whole "There couldn't be a conspiracy because they couldn't have known
about LHO's future employment at the TSBD" argument is basically
meaningless.

Not only would
> the
> President visit Dallas, his car would drive right by, directly in front of
> the building
> where he worked. His place of employment provided him an excellent means to
> plan his attack, in such a way as to conceal it-obtaining materials to wrap
> the rifle, to
> bring it into the building and hide it. He may not have known for sure if he
> could actually pull it off-but a series of correct conditions enabled him
> to. To
> carry his rifle across town and try it elsewhere would have been much more
> brazen-and with much less chance of success.

Actually if it had happened from a parking garage or even a sewer grate,
he would have a much higher chance of escaping - no roll call to notice
his missing presence.

And with many co-workers walking aroiund he had a great risk of being
interrupted - one imagines someone walking in with the sound of a rifle
shot echoing around the 6th floor.

The motorcade was chaotic and noisy with the crowds prior to Dealey Plaza.

A shooting would have been even more confusing - perhaps gunfire would
barely have been noticed at first, unlike quiet Dealey Plaza. "Much" less
chance of success?

I'm not so sure.

It was a crime of opportunity, yes - but that doesn't mean it wasn't being
planned prior to employment at the TSBD.

The way things actually
> happened
> could not have provided a much better opportunity for Oswald.
>

> Peter- Hide quoted text -

Peter Makres

Jun 29, 2009, 12:28:01 AM6/29/09

"d.wigg" <doug.w...@gmail.com> wrote in message

On Jun 28, 11:28 am, "Peter Makres" <pmakr...@msn.com> wrote:
> "jbarge" <anjba...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> On Jun 27, 9:22 pm, j leyden <JLeyden...@aol.com> wrote:
>

> > On Jun 27, 3:16 pm, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:
>
> > > Review of Jean Davison's 1983 book "OSWALD'S GAME", plus some
> > > additional assassination discussion:
>
> > Jean, who has posted here occasionally in weak moments, pretty much
> > described in her book what goes on in the NGs, especially ACJ.
> > Commenting on Mark Lane?s tactic of misrepresenting evidence, she
> > wrote: ?Evidently, the Warren Commission records were like a vast

> > lumberyard. By picking up a few pieces here and there and doing some
> > cutting and fitting, any theory could be built for which someone had a
> > blueprint.? Sound like anyone(s) we know?

> > JGL
>
> > > =====================================
>
> > >www.HomeTheaterForum.com/htf/after-hours-lounge/289377-book-review-os...

> The author most likely does have some important ideas to add BUT...
> "When these men visited [Sylvia] Odio's apartment [in September 1963],
> Kennedy's trip to Dallas had not even been scheduled, let alone
> announced. ... "
>
> is false, correct?
> I do believe the White House announced a visit to Dallas on April 23,
> and further the Dallas Morning News announced a motorcade in late
> September as well.

That a motorcade through Dallas would take place was announced in
September, but not the exact route.

True, Oswald did take the shot at Walker, and this was a brazen act in
itself, not to even mention the fact that Oswald then held onto the weapon
which he used in the attempt, as DVP points out.

But the attempt on Walker was very different, no crowds, no Secret
Service, and he could make his attempt with a reasonable chance of getting
away from the scene.

An attempt on the President would be a wholly different ball game. He
would need cover, which the TSBD provided. He worked there, so he could go
about some advance preparations, and if done carefully enough, he could do
so without arousing suspicion. (remember the curtain rod story, for
example). And once he knew that the President's (likely open) automobile
would pass directly under the windows of the building where he worked, he
could not resist putting some sort of plan in place. Again, he may not
have been at all sure he could actually pull it off, but he was going to
try. The circumstances had just enough going in favor for such a plan,
that he couldn't resist. And, after all, he had gotten away with this sort
of thing in the past......

Peter

Peter Makres

Jun 29, 2009, 9:41:21 AM6/29/09

"jbarge" <anjb...@gmail.com> wrote in message

These early announcements wouldn't help Oswald much without knowing the
particulars of the route.

Well, hey, thanks!

But Oswald wouldn't need to fire from a parking garage or a sewer grate.
The President would drive right by his place of employ in an open car. Kind
of like having the prize fish practically jump right into the fisherman's
boat.

I've always had the feeling that Oswald didn't have a clear
post-assassination
plan. Indeed, he may not have expected to escape as he did. I don't think
the
roll call meant much to Oswald in the grand scheme of things. Pulling off
the
assassination itself did, however.

And with many co-workers walking aroiund he had a great risk of being
interrupted - one imagines someone walking in with the sound of a rifle
shot echoing around the 6th floor.

No one has said that Oswald's plan did not involve risk-or that Oswald
hadn't
considered the risks.

The motorcade was chaotic and noisy with the crowds prior to Dealey Plaza.

A shooting would have been even more confusing - perhaps gunfire would
barely have been noticed at first, unlike quiet Dealey Plaza. "Much" less
chance of success?

I'm not so sure.

More confusing, but much more problematic from the practical standpoint.
The way things turned out, it was extremely convenient for Oswald. And, he
wouldn't really be missed at his place of employ until after the
assassination itself,
if he did in fact escape the building, as he did.

carl mack

Jun 29, 2009, 10:46:25 AM6/29/09

It is doubtful that Oswald shot at Walker. According to Marina he took
the rifle and cased Walker's home 3 days before the shooting and buried
the rifle in field near the home. on the night of the shooting he
retrieved the the rifle took the shot and then buried the rifle again. 3
days later he went and retrieved the rifle covering it with his green
military raincoat. She said he took different buses to get from his
house to Walker's. It's unbelievable that he rode at least 4 buses
carrying a rifle and no one reported seeing him. surely the Dallas PD
would have searched the area looking for suspicious people in an
affluent area. How did he know that the rifle hadn't been found before
the shooting and afterwards. It could have been staked out by the police.
According to the 1963 Dallas bus schedule the buses in Walker's area
stopped running at9pm, the time of the shooting on April 10th.
Further it makes no sense that Oswald would use his rifle to shoot at
Walker or Kennedy when anyone could buy a rifle from any gun store or
pawn shop without identification or any record. Oswald was no dummy,
even a dummy would know that since his rifle was bought through mail
order, sent to his post office box and signed for byhim that it would
immediately be traced back to him.
As far as the Kennedy travel route and Oswald being at the right place
and time, this could have been easily set up by some agency IF there was
a conspiracy. All they would need is the starting point and the
destination. Then plot the possible routes for the motorcade. For
example assume there were 3 possible routes, then have 3 shooters or
patsies, one for each route. So it wouldn't matter which route. The
White House acknowledged that the trip was scheduled in June 1963
leaving plenty of time to arrange employment or anything else that would
have been needed.

Anthony Marsh

Jun 29, 2009, 4:13:20 PM6/29/09

Very naive. Just as naive that Oswald could not have taken his rifle
into the TSBD without anyone seeing it.

> would have searched the area looking for suspicious people in an
> affluent area. How did he know that the rifle hadn't been found before
> the shooting and afterwards. It could have been staked out by the police.

I don't follow you here? The police could have staked out the rifle?
They couldn't even figure out what type of bullet it was they pulled
from the wall.

> According to the 1963 Dallas bus schedule the buses in Walker's area
> stopped running at9pm, the time of the shooting on April 10th.

So, what are you saying? That Oswald was lucky to catch the last bus and
that his timing was impeccable or that Oswald could not have caught the
last bus?

> Further it makes no sense that Oswald would use his rifle to shoot at
> Walker or Kennedy when anyone could buy a rifle from any gun store or
> pawn shop without identification or any record. Oswald was no dummy,

Oswald was paranoid about being followed around by law enforcement and
would not risk just walking into a store and buying a rifle in his own
name. That's why he bought it via mail order using an alias.
And if he has one rifle why should he go out and buy another one?
THAT makes no sense.

> even a dummy would know that since his rifle was bought through mail
> order, sent to his post office box and signed for byhim that it would
> immediately be traced back to him.

No. He used an alias. It took a few hours to trace it to him. His false
identification in his pocket cinched the ID. But after the Walker
shooting the DPD did not even know what type of rifle was used.

jbarge

Jun 29, 2009, 4:14:02 PM6/29/09

> JGL-

Sure, let me try to make things comprehensible.
When the author says, "No one on earth could have known that Oswald

would ultimately land a job in a building that would overlook a

Kennedy motorcade.".....
This is irrelevant.
A theoritical conspiracy wouldn't need LHO to get a job at the TSBD.
LHO could leave work at lunch and fire a rifle from a parking garage,
if so desired, correct?
Unless there's something to stop him, like, say, a force field or an
invisible shield.
Thus that argument is meaningless.
Though the book does look good - I'll have to get a copy, for sure.

jbarge

Jun 29, 2009, 4:19:25 PM6/29/09
On Jun 28, 11:12 pm, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:

> Exactly, Peter.
>
> You took the words right off of my keyboard.
>
> Nobody can know for certain, of course, whether or not Oswald would
> have still attempted the assassination if he hadn't been employed in
> the TSBD. But my guess is --- He would not have.

This is all well and good.
But the idea that there could not be a conspiracy plotted because no
one could have known LHO would be employed at the TSBD is meaningless.
Unless I'm missing something here, LHO could have read the September
23 Dallas Morning News and contemplated assassinating JFK, come "heck"
or high water - or theoritical co-conspirators, specifically the
individuals who showed up at Odio's door.
And the author was incorrect about no Dallas trip being scheduled at
the time of the Odio incident as well, I've noticed.
Sloppy, sloppy.

tomnln

Jun 29, 2009, 4:20:34 PM6/29/09
Proof that Oswald did NOT shoot sat Walker>>>
http://whokilledjfk.net/Walker.htm

"carl mack" <sid7...@msn.com> wrote in message

Anthony Marsh

Jun 29, 2009, 11:47:49 PM6/29/09
On 6/29/2009 9:41 AM, Peter Makres wrote:
> "jbarge"<anjb...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Jun 28, 12:28 pm, "Peter Makres"<pmakr...@msn.com> wrote:
>> "jbarge"<anjba...@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> Jean, who has posted here occasionally in weak moments, pretty much
>>> described in her book what goes on in the NGs, especially ACJ.
>>> Commenting on Mark Lane?s tactic of misrepresenting evidence, she
>>> wrote: ?Evidently, the Warren Commission records were like a vast

>>> lumberyard. By picking up a few pieces here and there and doing some
>>> cutting and fitting, any theory could be built for which someone had a
>>> blueprint.? Sound like anyone(s) we know?

The particulars of the route were not established until November 16,
1963 and shortly thereafter published in the newspaper.

Excuse me. He didn't ESCAPE. He was caught by the police and then let go.

> But Oswald wouldn't need to fire from a parking garage or a sewer grate.

The storm drain is possible, but a lousy shot.

> The President would drive right by his place of employ in an open car. Kind
> of like having the prize fish practically jump right into the fisherman's
> boat.

The President's limo drove right past hundreds of places of employment.
It also drove past the grassy knoll.

> I've always had the feeling that Oswald didn't have a clear
> post-assassination
> plan. Indeed, he may not have expected to escape as he did. I don't think
> the
> roll call meant much to Oswald in the grand scheme of things. Pulling off
> the
> assassination itself did, however.

Maybe because he wasn't the shooter.

> And with many co-workers walking aroiund he had a great risk of being
> interrupted - one imagines someone walking in with the sound of a rifle
> shot echoing around the 6th floor.

Wouldn't that be true of any assassin? Well, no, not actually. Because a
professional might have a back-up man who flashes SS identification and
tells the person to get lost.

> No one has said that Oswald's plan did not involve risk-or that Oswald
> hadn't
> considered the risks.

Doesn't any assassination plan involve risks?

> The motorcade was chaotic and noisy with the crowds prior to Dealey Plaza.

So? There were also reports of backfires so maybe that is why so many
people did not think the first sound was a gun shot.

> A shooting would have been even more confusing - perhaps gunfire would
> barely have been noticed at first, unlike quiet Dealey Plaza. "Much" less
> chance of success?

Unlike quiet Dealey Plaza? That does not follow the WC defender
playbook. They claim that it was SO noisy that you can't expect to hear
any shots on the DPD tape.

> I'm not so sure.
>
> More confusing, but much more problematic from the practical standpoint.
> The way things turned out, it was extremely convenient for Oswald. And, he
> wouldn't really be missed at his place of employ until after the
> assassination itself,
> if he did in fact escape the building, as he did.

It was extremely convenient for the conspirators that spectators were
supposed to be kept off the grassy knoll, but they were allowed to be there.

> It was a crime of opportunity, yes - but that doesn't mean it wasn't being
> planned prior to employment at the TSBD.

Planned by whom? How long before that? Since 1900?

Anthony Marsh

Jun 29, 2009, 11:48:35 PM6/29/09

And remember that it was Bring Your Rifle to Work Week at the TSBD so
bringing a rifle into the TSBD would not have aroused any suspicion.

Anthony Marsh

Jun 29, 2009, 11:52:10 PM6/29/09
On 6/28/2009 11:12 PM, David Von Pein wrote:

JFK] elsewhere would have been much more brazen--and with much less chance
of success. The way things actually happened could not have provided a
much better opportunity for Oswald."<<<

> Exactly, Peter.
>
> You took the words right off of my keyboard.
>
> Nobody can know for certain, of course, whether or not Oswald would
> have still attempted the assassination if he hadn't been employed in
> the TSBD. But my guess is --- He would not have.

Yeah right. Like Oswald didn't try shooting Walker because he did not
work in the building next to him?

> Oswald could be pretty "brazen" at times, however. For example ---
> Holding on to the rifle with which he shot at General Walker. Oswald,
> incredibly, apparently actually felt no need or desire to get rid of
> the weapon with which he took that potshot at Walker.

He can't get rid of the rifle. More Fascists to hunt.

> For more than SEVEN MONTHS he held onto it, even though he almost
> certainly had to know that the bullet that he fired into Walker's
> house WAS recovered and could conceivably (for all Oswald knew) be
> linked to Carcano Rifle #C2766.

No. The DPD were so stupid they couldn't even tell what type of bullet
it was and what type of rifle fired it.

> I've often wondered why in the world Oswald didn't toss Rifle C2766 in
> the trash after he shot at Walker on April 10, 1963 (or dispose of it
> in some other fashion). He ran a fearful risk by keeping that rifle in
> his possession for all those months.
>
> Perhaps it was a sign of Oswald's miserly and penny-pinching ways.
> Maybe he just hated the idea of spending $21.45 for a weapon he would
> only be using once.

And left $179 for Marina?

> I also wonder this --- Would Oswald have disposed of his rifle if he
> had succeeding in killing General Edwin A. Walker in April 1963?
>
> And I also sometimes wonder this --- If Oswald HAD trashed his Carcano
> rifle after the Walker shooting, would he have purchased another rifle
> at some point in time to use in another "assassination attempt"?

Silly. There were lots of Fascists yet to hunt.

> It's possible, of course, that even if Oswald had disposed of the
> C2766 Carcano, he could have still purchased another gun to use on
> President Kennedy. Oswald had enough time to get himself another gun

Ah, excuse me? Oswald also bought a revolver.
Did Princip use a rifle?

> between the time he could have learned for certain that JFK would be
> passing by the front door of the Depository and November 22 itself.
>
> Which begs the follow-up question (which has been asked by many people
> too) --- Since Oswald had more than $170 and since he had at least 2
> to 3 days to get himself another gun (possibly a non-traceable one in
> a gunshop someplace), why did LHO decide to use his traceable mail-
> order Mannlicher-Carcano rifle to shoot the President?

Oswald could not risk being identified as buying the weapons.
Hence the use of aliases.

> Food for thought anyway.

Recycled garbage.

pamela

Jun 29, 2009, 11:56:13 PM6/29/09

It is an interesting book, but is narrow in focus in that it seems to
open doors to conspiracy and then stop and expect the reader to
believe LHO acted alone.

Jean

Jun 30, 2009, 11:53:56 AM6/30/09

All,
Just to clarify a bit.... Various dates have been given, so
I've rechecked the Dallas Morning News online archive. The
announcement that JFK was visiting Dallas didn't appear in the DMN
until September 26, a day or two after the Odio incident supposedly
took place. On September 24 the News had quoted press secretary
Pierre Salinger saying that a visit to Texas had been under discussion
"but definitely nothing has been scheduled." The following day
Governor Connally also denied that plans had been made for a JFK trip
to Texas. The motorcade wasn't planned or announced until November,
after Oswald got the TSBD job.

My argument wasn't that Oswald couldn't have killed JFK at
some other location, or that plotters had to know he'd be in the
TSBD. Rather, I was arguing against the idea that the Odio incident
was an attempt to frame Oswald for JFK's death. At the time, Oswald
was about to go to Mexico City to seek a visa to Cuba, and JFK's plans
to visit Dallas hadn't been announced. Without knowing the future,
it was uncertain whether JFK and Oswald would even be in the same city
at the same time. I'm not sure what the Odio incident was all about,
but I think it's unlikely to have been a "frame-up" attempt, for that
and other reasons. Just my opinion, folks.
Jean

tomnln

Jun 30, 2009, 11:17:40 PM6/30/09
JBC worked for a Year and a Half to get JFK to come to Texas.

Read his testimony.

JBC selected the luncheon site.

THAT determines the motorcade route

EXCEPT, that motorcades usually went up or down Main Street.

SEE>>> http://whokilledjfk.net/catch_of_the_day.htm
(Exhibit #4)

"Jean" <jean.d...@gmail.com> wrote in message

jbarge

Jul 1, 2009, 12:08:53 PM7/1/09
On Jun 30, 11:17 pm, "tomnln" <tom...@cox.net> wrote:
> JBC worked for a Year and a Half to get JFK to come to Texas.
>
> Read his testimony.
>
> JBC selected the luncheon site.
>
> THAT determines the motorcade route
>
> EXCEPT, that motorcades usually went up or down Main Street.

>                  (Exhibit #4)
>
> "Jean" <jean.davis...@gmail.com> wrote in message
>                                                              Jean- Hide quoted text -

Actually the Odio incident probably occured on October 3rd - check out
the WC landlord testimony about extending the move out date for the
Odios.
This also explains the seeming conflict with the Embassies in Mexico
City, and the post-September article in the paper.
Hi Jean - it's truly a pleasure to discourse with people intelligent
and organized enough to write a book about his subject.
Over and out.

tomnln

Jul 1, 2009, 12:08:59 PM7/1/09

"David Von Pein" <davev...@aol.com> wrote in message

David continues to quote himself because nobody else WILL ! ! !

Peter Makres

Jul 1, 2009, 11:41:47 PM7/1/09
BOTTOM POST

"tomnln" <tom...@cox.net> wrote in message

To quote Davin Von Pein:

"Conspiracists have too often (almost always, in fact) totally ignored the
type of manipulative and scheming person Lee Harvey Oswald HIMSELF was in
the months and years leading up to November 22nd, 1963."

I couldn't have said this better myself, David.

Peter

pamela

Jul 2, 2009, 1:04:32 AM7/2/09

The Odio incident represents a sighting of a false LHO. We would then
want to know how such an incident came about and who was involved in
planning it. Claiming that it is not significant because it couldn't
be used to 'frame' LHO is just a strawman.

Jean

Jul 2, 2009, 3:50:49 PM7/2/09
> be used to 'frame' LHO is just a strawman.- Hide quoted text -

I didn't claim that the Odio incident was not significant.
How do you know a "false LHO" was
involved?
Jean

ShutterBun

Jul 2, 2009, 4:04:43 PM7/2/09

Admittedly, I haven't been following the whole thread here...but if
the Odio
incident was a "fake Oswald" wouldn't it be peculiar for the following
reasons:

1. Oswald was (by all accounts) supposed to be in Mexico City at the
time (wouldn't
his handlers have prevented such a slip-up from occuring? Or were
they simply
advertising to future investigators: "yes! we have duplicate
Oswalds!")

2. If the "Oswald" Odio met was a fake, how accurate must he have been
for her
to recognize him from pictures on television? (WC XI) Apart from the
obvious kooks,
most other "false sightings" of Oswald seemed to center around his
known behavior,
but Odio specifically mentions she recognized him on sight.

Could there really be such an accurate imposter who would A: make
enough of an impression
after a brief visit that people would specifically remember his FACE,
and B:accomplish
little more than intimidating a most unlikely, and inconsequential
witness,
during a period when the real Oswald's whereabouts were SURELY to be
known?

Seems to me that if "they" had such a convincing Oswald double, he
could have been
put to far more usefull purposes than this. (which, I'm certain,
y'all will provide me
with; I know I'm a newbie here)

pamela

Jul 4, 2009, 9:51:56 AM7/4/09
> Jean- Hide quoted text -

The WC did not weigh the Odio statements heavily because LHO was
thought to have been en route to MC at that time. If we follow their
logic, it was not LHO at Odio's, but it was someone who resembled him
closely enough for Odio to collapse when she saw LHO's photo on the
news after the assassination. Of course, this could have been some
sort of innocent coincidence, but the added inflammatory statements
made by this person would tend to not support that.

If it were LHO at Odio's then the WC would have to acknowledge that he
traveled by car from NOLA to Dallas in the company of others. It
would be difficult not to acknowledge that the door is opened to the
fact that there are serious conflicts with the MC timetable and that
others were involved with LHO at least to some extent. As the WC
said, their purpose was to shut doors, not open them.

While the weighing of existing evidence is subjective, it seems that
it is more likely that LHO was on a bus to MC than in Dallas with
Odio. Thus, whomever was there qualifies as a false Oswald.