How much will Bugliosi make on his JFK book?

Peter Fokes

Apr 29, 2007, 1:04:36 AM4/29/07
Anyone guess?

PF

David Von Pein

Apr 29, 2007, 9:52:24 AM4/29/07
$49,778,909.84 (US$).*

* = Plus or minus $34,339.04 (US$).

Those are just rough guesses, of course, based on my own personal
computer calculations....but those are pert-near accurate....mainly
because I have personally pre-ordered $35,994,091.06 (US$) worth of
"RECLAIMING HISTORY" volumes.

I'm using up most of my lunch and haircut money for the next 6
years...but it'll be worth it. Because, as I've always said...you can
never have too much CS&L. Even if it is the same 1,632 pages of it,
over & over again. ;)

I sure wish VB would include a DVD copy of "ON TRIAL: LEE HARVEY
OSWALD" along with the book and CD-ROM for "Reclaiming History".
That'd be a nice bonus indeed. Watching Dr. Wecht get whacked on the
stand by Vince B. in full digital clarity would be most pleasant to
see. Oh, well, maybe some day.

~~~~~

"Mr. Spence will get a chance on cross-examination, Dr. Wecht....just
answer my questions....no Final Summation...I'M going to be doing
that." -- Vince Bugliosi

~~~~~

"I waive my objection, Your Honor. What the doctor is doing is totally
improper. He's giving a Final Summation to the jury....but I'll waive
my objection, Your Honor. Let Cyril enjoy himself." -- VB

(That one above was my favorite.) ;) ;)

~~~~~

MR. BUGLIOSI -- "Now, Doctor, if the bullet was coming on a downward
path as it entered the Presidential limousine, as you say it was, is
that correct?"

DR. WECHT -- "Yes."

MR. BUGLIOSI -- "Alright....and it MISSED Governor Connally....is that
correct...?"

DR. WECHT -- "Yes."

MR. BUGLIOSI -- "...Why didn't it hit the driver of the car or do any
damage to the car, Doctor?"

DR. WECHT -- "A couple of things. The straight line in that open
limousine could have taken it over the left side of the car; and as
the line shows, it would have and could have indeed missed the
driver."

MR. BUGLIOSI -- "Wait a minute....it's coming on a DOWNWARD path,
Cyril! It's coming on a downward path into the Presidential limousine,
goes through the President's body, misses Governor Connally, and
magically also misses the driver and doesn't do any damage to the
Presidential limousine."

DR. WECHT -- "Wait, just a moment! I did not say that THAT bullet
missed all of these people completely or that it missed the car! You
KNOW that there were fragments found in the car, Mr. Bugliosi!"

MR. BUGLIOSI -- "You said the bullet passed on a straight line through
the President's body..."

DR. WECHT -- "Absolutely."

MR. BUGLIOSI -- "...Passed through soft tissue. So that bullet came
out pristine..."

DR. WECHT -- "That's right."

MR. BUGLIOSI -- "The bullet fragments found in the front seat of this
car, Doctor, were bullet fragments....very, very damaged....very, very
small. What happened to that pristine bullet when it came through
President Kennedy's body?!! Who did it hit?!!"

DR. WECHT -- "What happened to the third bullet under the Warren
Commission theory, Mr. Bugliosi?!! Where is it?! You're asking ME to
be responsible for the bullets?!"

MR. BUGLIOSI -- "I want to know what happened to YOUR bullet, Doctor."

=====================

MR. BUGLIOSI -- "Well, Doctor, by definition, it seems to me that you
are saying, that if the other eight pathologists disagreed with you --
and they did -- is that correct...?"

DR. WECHT -- "Yes."

MR. BUGLIOSI -- "...Okay. Seems to me, Doctor, that by necessary
implication they are either hopelessly and utterly incompetent, or
they deliberately suppressed the truth from the American public. Is
that correct?"

DR. WECHT -- "There is a third alternative, which would be a hybrid to
some extent of the deliberate suppression, sir..."

MR. BUGLIOSI -- "So, of the nine pathologists, Dr. Wecht, you're the
only one that had the honor and the integrity and the professional
responsibility to tell the truth to the American people....is that
correct, Doctor?"

DR. WECHT -- "I'll prefer to put it this way....I'm the only one who
had the courage to say that the King was nude, and had no clothes
on....yes."

MR. BUGLIOSI -- "No further questions."

~~~~~

http://www.amazon.com/gp/discussionboard/discussion.html/ref=cm_rdp_st_rd/002-2065385-6525668?ie=UTF8&ASIN=B0007SAJYM&store=yourstore&cdThread=Tx2BAB5T1RKEXUH&reviewID=R1L4HTCKF0BNIU&displayType=ReviewDetail

Peter Fokes

Apr 29, 2007, 9:56:35 AM4/29/07
On 29 Apr 2007 09:52:24 -0400, David Von Pein <davev...@aol.com>
wrote:

>$49,778,909.84 (US$).*
>
>* = Plus or minus $34,339.04 (US$).
>
>Those are just rough guesses, of course, based on my own personal
>computer calculations....but those are pert-near accurate....mainly
>because I have personally pre-ordered $35,994,091.06 (US$) worth of
>"RECLAIMING HISTORY" volumes.

hehe

Wow.

Big Bucks In The JFK Assassination Publication Business!!

Be the author an LN or CT, it seems.

PF

Anthony Marsh

Apr 29, 2007, 3:39:43 PM4/29/07
David Von Pein wrote:
> $49,778,909.84 (US$).*
>
> * = Plus or minus $34,339.04 (US$).
>
> Those are just rough guesses, of course, based on my own personal
> computer calculations....but those are pert-near accurate....mainly
> because I have personally pre-ordered $35,994,091.06 (US$) worth of
> "RECLAIMING HISTORY" volumes.

Ridiculous. And all you have calculated is sales, not how much Bugliosi
gets.

David Von Pein

May 4, 2007, 10:02:04 AM5/4/07
>>> "Ridiculous. And all you have calculated is sales, not how much Bugliosi gets." <<<

Vince was only paid $1.25 an hour for his labors. He only wanted the
same wages that Oswald was getting in November 1963. <g>

Plus: VB also got a little bit of lunch money and he was also
reimbursed $394,575.99 for yellow legal pads.

Anthony Marsh

May 4, 2007, 11:10:10 AM5/4/07

It's shameful the way some celebrities are making money from tragedies.

playiso...@email.com

May 4, 2007, 11:13:16 AM5/4/07
On Apr 29, 1:04 am, Peter Fokes<j...@toronto.hm> wrote:
> Anyone guess?
>
> PF

the real question is how much was he paid in advance
many books by 'prestige' authors do not earn back their advance not
that that has any effect on the author's bottom line

at Barnes & Noble website they are only showing the abridged CD
edition

David Von Pein

May 5, 2007, 1:05:53 AM5/5/07
>>> "At Barnes & Noble website they are only showing the abridged CD
edition." <<<

Nope. The book version's there too. I thought it was absent for a while as
well, which perplexed me. But the silly-willy who punched in the book
title into the B&N database decided to call the book "Reclaiming Hist" for
some reason, so it's not showing up in a standard search for the title.

Here's the book page. ......

http://search.barnesandnoble.com/booksearch/isbnInquiry.asp?z=y&EAN=9780793045259&itm=1

David Von Pein

May 5, 2007, 1:45:31 AM5/5/07
>>> "It's shameful the way some celebrities are making money from
tragedies." <<<

Yeah -- like Groden, Fetzer, Lane, Marrs, Mellen, and people like that
there. (Or aren't they "celebrity" enough to suit you for this particular
silly argument of yours?)

Anthony Marsh

May 5, 2007, 4:59:46 PM5/5/07

Not what I meant by celebrities. Whether you think they are good or not,
they are researchers, not celebrities.

tomnln

May 5, 2007, 5:04:14 PM5/5/07
David   david   david