A new Discovery Channel documentary?

John Schwanik

Nov 14, 2009, 10:07:49 AM11/14/09

Robert Harris

Nov 14, 2009, 9:51:37 PM11/14/09
In article
<735f66de-857b-4cfa...@b2g2000yqi.googlegroups.com>,
John Schwanik <jsch...@gmail.com> wrote:

> http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/11/12/was-there-an-oswaldruby-cover-up-did-the-
> mob-kill-jfk-premieres-november-22/33492

This will be another disinformation piece, like the Discovery Channel has
become famous for. I'm betting they will claim that Ruby went to the
Western Union office to send money to Karen Carlin, but forget to mention
what she said that same day when she was interrogated by the Secret
Service.

"At the beginning of the above interview Mrs. Carlin was highly agitated
and was reluctant to make any statement to me. She stated to me that she
was under the impression that Lee Harvey Oswald, Jack Ruby and other
individuals unkown to her, were involved in a plot to assassinate
President Kennedy and that she would be killed if she gave any information
to the authorities. It was only through the aid of her husband that she
would give any information at all. She twisted in her chair, stammered in
her speech, and seemed on the point of hysteria."

Robert Harris

David Von Pein

Nov 15, 2009, 11:59:06 AM11/15/09

>>> "I'm betting they will claim that Ruby went to the Western Union office to send money to Karen Carlin, but forget to mention what she said that same day when she was interrogated by the Secret Service. .... "At the beginning of the above interview Mrs. Carlin was highly agitated and was reluctant to make any statement to me. She stated to me that she was under the impression that Lee Harvey Oswald, Jack Ruby and other individuals unknown to her were involved in a plot to assassinate President Kennedy and that she would be killed if she gave any information to the authorities. It was only through the aid of her husband that she would give any information at all. She twisted in her chair, stammered in her speech, and seemed on the point of hysteria." " <<<

So?

What do Karen Carlin's erroneous "impressions" about a Ruby/Oswald
connection have to do with anything at all?

Answer: Nothing.

Carlin's nervous and agitated state on 11/24/63 when she spoke with
the authorities doesn't change any of the following facts (which are
facts that certainly do not lead down the road marked "JACK RUBY
KILLED LEE HARVEY OSWALD AS PART OF A PRE-PLANNED CONSPIRACY PLOT"):

1.) In order to obtain a $25 advance from her employer, Karen Carlin
called Jack Ruby at Ruby's apartment after 10:00 AM CST on 11/24/63.

2.) Ruby, as a result of Carlin's phone call, went to the Western
Union office in downtown Dallas, a very short distance from the Dallas
City Hall where Oswald was being held.

3.) Ruby took his "wife" (his dog, Sheba) with him when he went
downtown.

4.) Ruby wired $25 to Karen Carlin at 11:17 AM CST.

5.) Ruby then strolled to the nearby City Hall (DPD) basement after
exiting the Western Union office.

6.) Ruby couldn't have been inside the DPD basement garage for more
than one minute (tops) before he shot and killed Oswald.

None of the above occurrences change in any way (or suddenly take on
any kind of a "conspiratorial" meaning) just because the person who
made the telephone call to Jack Ruby on the morning of November 24th
was "highly agitated" and was "reluctant to make any statement" to the
authorities after Ruby killed Oswald.

And none of the above six facts change in any way at all just because
Mrs. Carlin was "under the impression that Lee Harvey Oswald, Jack
Ruby and other individuals unknown to her were involved in a plot to
assassinate President Kennedy".

It's quite obvious that Karen Carlin was merely taking a wild stab in
the dark when she said she was "under the impression" that Ruby and
Oswald were "involved in a plot to assassinate President Kennedy".

But it's only AFTER Ruby kills Oswald that Carlin gets scared and
starts to think that Ruby might have been involved in the killing of
JFK.

But so what? A whole lot of people around the world had the very same
kind of "impressions" and thoughts going through their heads right
after the assassin of the President was himself murdered. Who WOULDN'T
have had such thoughts of conspiracy at that point in time?

But how does Carlin's being scared and afraid to talk CHANGE THE ABOVE
SIX FACTS?

Or would Robert Harris now like to slap handcuffs on Mrs. Karen
Bennett Carlin and pretend that she, too, was a co-conspirator in the
murders of both JFK and Lee Oswald?

Some conspiracy theorists have, indeed, pointed an accusing finger of
guilt at Carlin. In fact, they are almost FORCED to point a finger of
guilt at Carlin....because if they don't, and if Carlin was merely an
innocent stripper who needed 25 bucks to pay her rent, then Jack
Ruby's actions on November 24, 1963, begin to look more and more like
exactly what they really were -- the spontaneous actions of a man (who
happened to own a .38 snub-nosed revolver) who was distraught over the
murder of a President he greatly admired, with those actions playing
out in a manner that can only be deemed pure happenstance, not
conspiratorial planning.

"The "happenstance" and "mere coincidence" trail is significant
here. It's either happenstance, or the most remarkable hunk of
conspiratorial coordination I've ever encountered (including little
Sheba being left in the car to make things look spontaneous in
nature)." -- DVP; March 2007

www.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/77edb3f67ec3350a

www.The-JFK-Assassination.blogspot.com

jfk...@gmail.com

Nov 15, 2009, 3:06:31 PM11/15/09
On Nov 14, 9:07 am, John Schwanik <jschw...@gmail.com> wrote:
> http://tvbythenumbers.com/2009/11/12/was-there-an-oswaldruby-cover-up...

Based on their prior JFK shows, including ITTC, these shows will be trolls
to lure the CTs in and then try to demolish that position with
'conclusive' proof that LHO acted alone which consists only of re- quoting
the WC.

Pamela McElwain-Brown
IN BROAD DAYLIGHT: the JFK Presidential Limousine SS-100-X and the
Crime of the Century
www.in-broad-daylight.com

Robert Harris

Nov 16, 2009, 12:13:55 AM11/16/09
In article
<1322e174-4f88-4cd9...@r5g2000yqb.googlegroups.com>,

David Von Pein <davev...@aol.com> wrote:

> So?
>
> What do Karen Carlin's erroneous "impressions" about a Ruby/Oswald
> connection have to do with anything at all?
>
> Answer: Nothing.

I'm afraid you are wrong again, David. She was obviously afraid to give
out "any information to the authorities", so the question that raises is,
what information was she afraid to give out?

She should have laughed off the notion that Ruby intended to murder
Oswald, because she knew the real reason he went to the WU office was to
send her money. Therefore, she should have believed the murder was a
fluke.

But it doesn't sound like she was laughing, does it Dave?

The other proof we have that her statement to the SS was a enormously
important is, that Mcadams omitted it in his article about Ruby and
Carlin.

David, the reason Ruby told her to call him had nothing to do with the
conspiracy. It was because Texas had lenient laws regarding crimes of
passion. You should read the transcript of Ruby's trial sometime if you
really want to know about whether that murder was premeditated or not.

Robert Harris