Who did Robert Adams speak to?

thali...@hotmail.com

Jun 28, 2008, 5:39:39 PM6/28/08
On October 15, the day before Oswald began work at the TSBD, Robert
Adams of the Texas Employment Commission phones the Paine residence
with a much better job prospect for Oswald. Adams spoke with someone
at the Paines' residence about his being prepared to give Oswald a
referral for permanent employment as a baggage handler at Trans Texas
Airways, for a salary $100 higher than that offered by the TSBD's only
temporary job. Adams told the WC, "I learned from the person who
answered the phone that Oswald was not there. I left a message with
that person that Oswald should contact me at the commission." Adams
tried calling the Paine residence about the higher paying job again
the next morning. He said he "learned from the person who answered
that Oswald was not there and he had in the meantime obtained
employment and was working." Adams accordingly cancelled Oswald as a
referall for the more lucrative job.

At first, Ruth Paine denied knowing anything about the job referral
when questioned at the WC by Albert Jenner [check out the "I don't
recall's" and the backtracking from not knowing anything about it to
recalling it vaguely, and finally remembering Lee told her about it]

JENNER: Did you ever hear anything by way of discussion or otherwise
by Marina or lee of the possibility of his having been tendered or at
least suggested to him a job at Trans_texas, as a cargo handler at
$310 per month?
PAINE: No, in Dallas?
JENNER: Yes.
PAINE: I do not recall that. $310.00 per month.
JENNER: Yes. This was right at the time that he obtained employment at
the TSBD.
PAINE: And he was definitely offered such a job?
JENNER: Well, I won't say it was offered - that he might have been
able to secure a job through the Texas Employment Commission as a
cargo handler at $310.00 per month
PAINE: I do recall some reference of that sort, which fell through -
that there was not that possibilty.
JENNER: Tell us what you know about it. Did you hear of it at any
time?
PAINE: Yes.
JENNER: How did it come about?
PAINE: From Lee, as I recall.
JENNER: And was it at that time, or just right -
PAINE: It was at the time, while he was yet unemployed.
JENNER: And about the time he obtained employment at the Texas School
Book Depository?
PAINE: It seems he went into town with some hopes raised by the
employment agency - whether a public or private agency I don't know -
but then reported that the job had been filled and not available to
him.
JENNER: But that was -
PAINE: That is my best recollection.
JENNER: Of his report to you and Marina?
PAINE: Yes.
JENNER: But do you recall his discussing it?
PAINE: I recall something of that nature. I do not recall the job
itself.

Talk about suspicious!!!!

Robert Adams concluded from his own efforts to notify Oswald of the
Trans Texas job by phoning the Paine residence: 'I do not know whether
he was ever advised of this referral, but under the circumstances I do
not see how he could have been."

What a conundrum for those who believe that the lovely Mrs Paine was
simply a harmless quaker. Who answered the phone at the Paine
residence? It could have only been Mrs Paine, Mr Paine, LHO or Marina.
Mr Paine had moved out so it is not likely him, Marina has an obvious
accent and this would have been remembered, LHO would probably have
jumped at the chance to secure higher paying work (after all it was
not yet PUBLICLY known what the parade route for JFK was going to be)
Lee Harvey's job at the TSBD was only a low paying temporary job,
surely Mrs Paine is the most obvious choice as the phone answerer, why
did she not pass the message on, and why did she then lie about it at
the WC?

It is my belief Mrs Paine is a manipulative liar.

Jean Davison

Jun 29, 2008, 4:07:31 PM6/29/08

<thali...@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> On October 15, the day before Oswald began work at the TSBD, Robert
> Adams of the Texas Employment Commission phones the Paine residence
> with a much better job prospect for Oswald. Adams spoke with someone
> at the Paines' residence about his being prepared to give Oswald a
> referral for permanent employment as a baggage handler at Trans Texas
> Airways, for a salary $100 higher than that offered by the TSBD's only
> temporary job.

Thalia,

The book you're quoting claims that Adams spoke with someone
at the Paine house about an offer for a permanent, higher-paying job.
But if you'll look at Adams' affidavit you'll see there's no evidence
that he mentioned any details about this job to Ruth. His affidavit
says only that he left a message for Oswald to contact him:

QUOTE:

My best recollection is that on that day I called [the Paines'
phone number]. I learned from the person who answered the phone that Oswald

was not there. I left a message with that person that Oswald should contact

me at the Commission. My further recollection is that the following morning
at 10:30 o'clock I again called ... and learned from the person who answered
that Oswald was not there and that he had in the meantime obtained
employment and was working.

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh11/html/WC_Vol11_0246a.htm

UNQUOTE

Everything else was the author's assumption -- or rather,
the assumption of whoever first made this allegation about Ruth
Paine.

>Adams told the WC, "I learned from the person who
> answered the phone that Oswald was not there. I left a message with
> that person that Oswald should contact me at the commission." Adams
> tried calling the Paine residence about the higher paying job again
> the next morning. He said he "learned from the person who answered
> that Oswald was not there and he had in the meantime obtained
> employment and was working." Adams accordingly cancelled Oswald as a
> referall for the more lucrative job.
>
> At first, Ruth Paine denied knowing anything about the job referral
> when questioned at the WC by Albert Jenner [check out the "I don't
> recall's" and the backtracking from not knowing anything about it to
> recalling it vaguely, and finally remembering Lee told her about it]
>
> JENNER: Did you ever hear anything by way of discussion or otherwise
> by Marina or lee of the possibility of his having been tendered or at
> least suggested to him a job at Trans_texas, as a cargo handler at
> $310 per month?
> PAINE: No, in Dallas?
> JENNER: Yes.
> PAINE: I do not recall that. $310.00 per month.

Again, there's no evidence that she ever heard these details,
so why should she recall them?

> JENNER: Yes. This was right at the time that he obtained employment at
> the TSBD.
> PAINE: And he was definitely offered such a job?
> JENNER: Well, I won't say it was offered - that he might have been
> able to secure a job through the Texas Employment Commission as a
> cargo handler at $310.00 per month
> PAINE: I do recall some reference of that sort, which fell through -
> that there was not that possibilty.

She's referring to a different job, I believe, one that "fell
through."

> JENNER: Tell us what you know about it. Did you hear of it at any
> time?
> PAINE: Yes.
> JENNER: How did it come about?
> PAINE: From Lee, as I recall.
> JENNER: And was it at that time, or just right -
> PAINE: It was at the time, while he was yet unemployed.
> JENNER: And about the time he obtained employment at the Texas School
> Book Depository?
> PAINE: It seems he went into town with some hopes raised by the
> employment agency - whether a public or private agency I don't know -
> but then reported that the job had been filled and not available to
> him.
> JENNER: But that was -
> PAINE: That is my best recollection.
> JENNER: Of his report to you and Marina?
> PAINE: Yes.
> JENNER: But do you recall his discussing it?
> PAINE: I recall something of that nature. I do not recall the job
> itself.

Her description fits the job under 5 (a) of Adams' affidavit:
http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh11/html/WC_Vol11_0245b.htm

It says that on October 7 Adams left a message at the Paine house.
Evidently Ruth told Oswald, because he applied for the job but wasn't hired.
It would've been a permanent job paying $350 a month.

Here's the agency record showing Oswald's job referrals. "NH"
in the Results column means "not hired." (Scroll down)

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh19/html/WH_Vol19_0209b.htm

> Talk about suspicious!!!!

Not really! I urge you to go to the original documents and
testimony instead of relying on secondary sources.
Jean

thali...@hotmail.com

Jun 29, 2008, 11:41:29 PM6/29/08
On Jun 30, 4:07 am, "Jean Davison" <jjdavison2000NO...@yahoo.com>
wrote:
> [...]

> > not see how he could have been."
>
> > What a conundrum for those who believe that the lovely Mrs Paine was
> > simply a harmless quaker. Who answered the phone at the Paine
> > residence? It could have only been Mrs Paine, Mr Paine, LHO or Marina.
> > Mr Paine had moved out so it is not likely him, Marina has an obvious
> > accent and this would have been remembered, LHO would probably have
> > jumped at the chance to secure higher paying work (after all it was
> > not yet PUBLICLY known what the parade route for JFK was going to be)
> > Lee Harvey's job at the TSBD was only a low paying temporary job,
> > surely Mrs Paine is the most obvious choice as the phone answerer, why
> > did she not pass the message on, and why did she then lie about it at
> > the WC?
>
> > It is my belief Mrs Paine is a manipulative liar.- Hide quoted text -

James Douglass does not state that Ruth Paine took the call, he only
states that a message was left at her residence. So, WHO did Robert Adam's
speak to? Presumably it was not Oswald who would not have taken a message
for himself. Marina had a strong accent, and Michael Paine had vacated the
premises. Robert Adams said he called twice. Oswald never returned the
message and therefore never got the job! Sorry, but I do find that
suspicious. Ruth Paine is the most likeliest one to have taken both calls
and according to her "helpfulness for the Oswalds" should have passed on
the message of a prospect of a much higher paying job for Oswald! I can
even believe she might have "accidently" forgeotten to pass on one phone
call, but two?

Jean Davison

Jun 30, 2008, 12:48:52 PM6/30/08

James Douglass does not state that Ruth Paine took the call, he only
states that a message was left at her residence. So, WHO did Robert Adam's
speak to? Presumably it was not Oswald who would not have taken a message
for himself. Marina had a strong accent, and Michael Paine had vacated the
premises. Robert Adams said he called twice. Oswald never returned the
message and therefore never got the job! Sorry, but I do find that
suspicious. Ruth Paine is the most likeliest one to have taken both calls
and according to her "helpfulness for the Oswalds" should have passed on
the message of a prospect of a much higher paying job for Oswald! I can
even believe she might have "accidently" forgeotten to pass on one phone
call, but two?

It's likely that Ruth took the call, certainly. But you're
still *assuming* that she was told there was a *higher-paying job available*
-- there's no evidence for that! Adams said the message
was to have Oswald return his call, nothing more.

It's possible that Ruth did tell Oswald about the call, and that
Oswald himself decided not to bother since he'd already started working
somewhere else. Don't people usually stop looking for work after they've
found a job?

Ruth apparently did pass on a lead to a different higher-paying job,
mentioned above. How does that fit into her nefarious plans for Oswald, in
your view? If he'd gotten that job, no 6th floor sniper's nest for him!

Jean