A Witness To LHO's Being In The Paine Garage On 11/21/63?

David Von Pein

Sep 7, 2009, 12:06:25 PM9/7/09

Here's a bit of a bombshell, coming from a 9/7/09 newspaper story from
"The Dallas Morning News":

Per the DMN article, a man who lived near Ruth Paine's home in Irving,
Texas, actually says he saw Lee Harvey Oswald "fiddling with
something" while Oswald was in the Paine garage on the night of
November 21, 1963.

This is certainly the first time I've ever heard of a witness like
this. The man's name is Autry Lewis and he had moved in to a house
near Ruth Paine's home on Fifth Street a few months before JFK's
assassination.

I think a large grain of salt should be placed beside Mr. Lewis' story
about seeing Lee Oswald in the Paine garage on the night before the
assassination. But it certainly is interesting nonetheless.

Quoting from the DMN article (which appears on Dale Myers' "News"
blog, linked below):

"Autry Lewis stood in front of his Irving home on a November
morning waiting for a ride. The man who sometimes stayed at Ruth
Paine's house across the street was waiting for his ride, too.

"Lewis didn't see what the man grabbed from Paine's garage
before he hopped into a friend's car that Friday morning. But Lewis
learned from television broadcasts hours later that the man's name was
Lee Harvey Oswald. ....

"Lewis said he sat at his dining room table that night
[11/21/63] and looked out his home's front windows. He said he could
see Oswald fiddling with something in the Paine house garage. But he
couldn't see what exactly.

""Had I had a pair of binoculars ..." Lewis said. And when
Oswald grabbed something wrapped in shipping paper from the garage the
next morning, Lewis didn't think much of it. Until later that day."

Full article below:

www.jfkfiles.blogspot.com/2009/09/irving-buys-paine-house-made-infamous.html

Peter Fokes

Sep 7, 2009, 12:26:15 PM9/7/09
On 7 Sep 2009 12:06:25 -0400, David Von Pein <davev...@aol.com>
wrote:

>Here's a bit of a bombshell, coming from a 9/7/09 newspaper story from
>"The Dallas Morning News":

I'd say it's more of a dud.

>Per the DMN article, a man who lived near Ruth Paine's home in Irving,
>Texas, actually says he saw Lee Harvey Oswald "fiddling with
>something" while Oswald was in the Paine garage on the night of
>November 21, 1963.
>
>This is certainly the first time I've ever heard of a witness like
>this. The man's name is Autry Lewis and he had moved in to a house
>near Ruth Paine's home on Fifth Street a few months before JFK's
>assassination.
>
>I think a large grain of salt should be placed beside Mr. Lewis' story
>about seeing Lee Oswald in the Paine garage on the night before the
>assassination. But it certainly is interesting nonetheless.

Lol~

I'd say a large planetary object approximately the size of Jupiter
would be a more appropriate item to be placed beside Mr. Lewis' story.

http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/html/WH_Vol17_0092a.htm

There were no windows on the garage door.

The house across the street has small windows ... no large double
windows facing the garage.

Did anyone hear the Paine garage door being opened and closed?

Did Ruth Paine leave her garage door open all night?

Could Lewis see through solid objects?

bigdog

Sep 7, 2009, 2:04:18 PM9/7/09
> www.jfkfiles.blogspot.com/2009/09/irving-buys-paine-house-made-infamo...

Interesting, but probably doesn't contribute a lot to the case against
Oswald. We already had two witnesses who said he had a package that
morning so the third witness just adds a little corroboration. The only
part of the story that seems a bit odd is that it says Oswald was waiting
for his ride. My understanding is that Oswald walked to Frazier's house a
half a block away rather than being picked up by Frazier at the Paine
residence.

David Von Pein

Sep 7, 2009, 8:56:36 PM9/7/09

>>> "I'd say a large planetary object approximately the size of Jupiter
would be a more appropriate item to be placed beside Mr. Lewis' story."
<<<

I agree with you there, Peter.

www.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/02e6590d22381fff

tomnln

Sep 7, 2009, 8:59:19 PM9/7/09

I wouldn't pay too much attention to a guy who said he saw Oswald get into
a car in front of the Paine's Garage ! ! !

"David Von Pein" <davev...@aol.com> wrote in message

James K. Olmstead

Sep 7, 2009, 9:00:22 PM9/7/09
Odd that the article does not mention that
William F. Simmons, pianist, Carousel Club 9/17/63 lived across
the Paines as well..or Peasner and his "rifle".

jko

5. Commission Document 4 - FBI Clements Report of 30 Nov 1963 re: Ruby
Current Section: G. Night Clubs, Dallas

Page 545

William F. Simmons, pianist, Carousel Club 9/17/63

Anthony Marsh

Sep 7, 2009, 9:02:09 PM9/7/09

All interesting, but who says that Oswald would have closed the door or
stayed in the garage for more than a minute? Also, I didn't know he played
the violin. Learn something new every day.

Anthony Marsh

Sep 7, 2009, 9:03:33 PM9/7/09

Just the type of convenient and unreliable story that conspiracy believers
dredge up many years later to support their wacky theories. Seems you'll
believe anything if it supports YOUR theory.

tomnln

Sep 7, 2009, 9:32:39 PM9/7/09
BOTTOM POST;

"bigdog" <jecorb...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

THAT puts Autry Lewis in a BAD light don't it ! ! !

Are you sure it wasn't Autry's Horsie "Champion"?????

Or, at LEAST the "Back End".

David Von Pein

Sep 7, 2009, 11:02:57 PM9/7/09

>>> "My understanding is that Oswald walked to Frazier's house a half a
block away rather than being picked up by Frazier at the Paine residence."
<<<

He did. For the first time ever, LHO walked all the way down to Wes
Frazier's house (a half-block). Usually, Frazier met Oswald halfway, while
Oz was on the sidewalk between the two houses.

It sounds to me like that DMN article was a combination of things -- e.g.,
it has a guy (Mr. Lewis) telling a good-sized lie or two (no question
about that), coupled with the DMN wording the story in such a way to make
it seem like Lewis saw some things he obviously couldn't possibly have
seen (such as the thing you just mentioned--Oswald waiting for his ride in
front of the Paine house).

That's a very strange DMN article (the more I think about it).

David Von Pein

Sep 7, 2009, 11:03:12 PM9/7/09

>>> "Seems you'll believe anything if it supports YOUR theory." <<<

Yeah, right, Tony. That must be why I said the following (nine hours
before you posted the message I'm responding to now):

"Per [Thomas] Rossley, apparently the biggest "bombshell"
element to Autry Lewis' almost-certainly-fabricated story is the part
which has Oswald getting into Buell Frazier's car on the morning of
11/22." -- DVP

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/02e6590d22381fff

Peter Fokes

Sep 7, 2009, 11:23:17 PM9/7/09
On 7 Sep 2009 23:03:12 -0400, David Von Pein <davev...@aol.com>
wrote:

What was the address of Frazier's residence?

Regards,
Peter Fokes,
Toronto

Barb Junkkarinen

Sep 8, 2009, 12:33:19 PM9/8/09
On 7 Sep 2009 23:02:57 -0400, David Von Pein <davev...@aol.com>
wrote:

>block away rather than being picked up by Frazier at the Paine residence."
><<<
>
>He did. For the first time ever, LHO walked all the way down to Wes
>Frazier's house (a half-block). Usually, Frazier met Oswald halfway, while
>Oz was on the sidewalk between the two houses.

Oooo...sounds suspicious. Are you living in Posner's pocket? He made
the same suspicious reference. What you both have failed on here is
what Frazier himself testified to about that morning .... he, Frazier,
was running LATE and didn't realize what time it was til his sister
saw Oswald coming across the street.

FRAZIER WC testimony:
"Mr. FRAZIER - No, sir; it wasn't. I say, that is the first time he
had ever done that. I say. most times I would usually call him, you
know, I was already out in the car fixing to go out the driveway
there, and, you know, around to pick him up if he hadn't come down but
most times, once in a while I picked him up at the house and another
time he was already coming down the sidewalk to the house when I was
fixing to pick him up and I usually picked him up around the corner
there.
Representative FORD - Did this different method of him meeting you
raise any questions in your mind?
Mr. FRAZIER - No, sir; it didn't. I just thought maybe, you know, he
just left a little bit earlier but when I looked up and saw that the
clock was. I knew I was the one who was running a little bit late
because, as I say, I was talking, sitting there eating breakfast and
talking to the little nieces, it was later than I thought it was."

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/russ/testimony/frazierb1.htm

>It sounds to me like that DMN article was a combination of things -- e.g.,
>it has a guy (Mr. Lewis) telling a good-sized lie or two (no question
>about that), coupled with the DMN wording the story in such a way to make
>it seem like Lewis saw some things he obviously couldn't possibly have
>seen (such as the thing you just mentioned--Oswald waiting for his ride in
>front of the Paine house).
>
>That's a very strange DMN article (the more I think about it).

Obviously no fact checking involved!

Barb :-)

ShutterBun

Sep 8, 2009, 7:25:52 PM9/8/09
On Sep 7, 8:23 pm, Peter Fokes <pfo...@rogers.com> wrote:

> What was the address of Frazier's residence?

2439 West Fifth Street