Discovering the sniper's nest

yeuhd

Feb 5, 2010, 8:59:00 AM2/5/10
I have long wondered why it took so long for police to find the 6th
floor sniper's nest. The sniper's nest was found after 1 p.m. One
would have thought that it would have been easily found within minutes
of the assassination, with Howard Brennan and Amos Euins both
reporting to police in less than ten minutes that they saw a man
shooting from that window.

However, reading through various accounts again, more closely, it's
now apparent why it took so long — miscommunications and
noncommunications.

Officer Marrion Baker is the first to enter the Depository Building,
within a minute of the last shot. But having seen a flock of pigeons
alight from the roof in reaction to the gunfire, he believes the shots
came from the roof, and spends his time looking there and on the 7th
floor below the roof, before he descends on the elevator.

At 12:35 p.m., Officer B.W. Hargis calls over police radio that a
witness said the shots came from the building, the first broadcast
naming that location.

A minute later, Amos Euins approaches Sgt. D.V. Harkness to say he saw
a man fire a rifle from a window in the building, on the floor "under
the ledge", which makes it the 6th floor — a decorative ledge goes
around the building between the 6th and 7th floors. But Harkness
mistakenly radios in that the witness said the shots came "from the
fifth floor of the Texas Depository Bookstore". Harkness also tells
Inspector Sawyer the 5th floor. Harkness goes in and takes the
elevator just inside the main entrance to its limit — the fourth
floor. As he is on that floor, he talks briefly with Office Baker, who
is coming down the rear elevator from the 7th floor. Finding nothing
on the 4th floor, Harkness returns to the first floor and the
entrance.

At about the same time, Howard Brennan approaches Officer W.E. Barnett
in front of the building to tell him he saw the man who fired the
rifle, "one window from the top," pointing to the southeasternmost
window on the sixth floor.

At 12:39, Motorcycle Officer E.D. Brewer, about 3/4 of a block from
the building, radios in, "We have a man here that saw [a gunman] pull
a weapon back through the window on the second floor on the southeast
corner of that Depository building," no doubt meaning to say second
floor from the top, since photos taken before, during, and after the
assassination show the 2nd floor windows on that corner were closed.
Another miscommunication.

Inspector Sawyer, at the front of the building, radios at 12:42 for
more officers. Officer Barnett brings Howard Brennan to Inspector
Sawyer. Brennan "pointed out the window which I now note to be the
sixth floor, but when I talked to him, I thought it was the fifth
floor." At 12:44, Sawyer broadcasts Brennan's description of the
shooter, but does not include what floor or window he was seen at.

At 12:45, Sgt. G.D. Henslee at the police radio dispatcher's office,
broadcasts in answer to an inquiry, "Well, all the information we have
receive … indicates that it did come from about the 5th or 4th floor
of that building."

At 12:50, Forrest Sorrels of the Dallas office of the Secret Service
talks to Brennan and Euins about the gunman they saw. Both specify the
6th floor window. As Brennan talks to Sorrels, James Jarman and Harold
Norman come out the entrance, and Brennan recognizes them from the 5th
floor windows below the shooter. Jarman and Norman are told to stay in
side the building, and they and their third companion on the 5th
floor, Bonnie Ray Williams, are not immediately interviewed.

Sorrels then escorts Brennan and Euins across the street to make
statements at the Sheriff's Office, intending not to stay long. But he
is stopped on his way out and told there is another witness in the
office whom Sorrels should talk to, Arnold Roland, whom Sorrels does
stay to interview. In any case, Sorrels' knowledge of the specific
window that Brennan and Euins pointed to is not shared with those at
the Depository building itself.

Police Captain Will Fritz arrives at the building at 12:58,
accompanied by two detectives and the Sheriff. Brennan, Euins and
Sorrels are not present. Fritz and company enter and go up the front
elevator to the 2nd floor, see officers stationed there, and proceed
to the 3rd and 4th floor, finding officers already stationed there
too. The elevator goes up no further, so they go to the back elevators
and up to the 5th floor. They make a quick search along the windows on
the front and west side, then go up to the sixth. Fritz and the two
detectives walk up to the 7th floor, while the rest begin inspecting
the 6th.

The 6th floor sniper's nest, with its empty cartridge cases and paper
bag, is discovered at 1:06 p.m.

David Von Pein

Feb 5, 2010, 1:10:52 PM2/5/10

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassination.jfk/browse_thread/thread/278fe47e9c57065a

Good stuff, yeuhd.

But I thought the Sniper's Nest was discovered at 1:12 PM, not 1:06.
And the rifle was discovered exactly 10 minutes later, at 1:22.

That's not a big difference (obviously), but the 1:12 time is stuck in
my mind.

Also:

To augment your analysis above,

I'm wondering if part of the delay in finding Oswald's shooting perch/
lair/nest was due to the fact that the police were still of the opinion
that the gunman might very well still be inside the building when it was
sealed off at 12:37 PM.

Therefore, the police were undoubtedly proceeding through the building at
a very cautious and deliberate pace AFTER the building was sealed off (vs.
barreling, full steam, from floor to floor during the time period after
12:37 PM).

For confirmation of what I just said (via the video linked below), we can
turn to a civilian witness who was on hand in the Book Depository--
WFAA-TV cameraman Tom Alyea.

Alyea literally accompanied the police, practically step-by-step, during
the floor-by-floor search of the Depository Building that day (because
Alyea and Kent Biffle were, in a sense, trapped in the building after
getting inside just before the sealing off of the TSBD).

Now, why on Earth the police didn't tell Alyea to just stay put on the
first floor (and hence, out of the police department's hair)....or why the
cops didn't simply open the front door for two seconds and escort Alyea
and Biffle out of this now-restricted building known as the Texas School
Book Depository is something that I will never understand at all.

But, anyway, Alyea and Biffle were allowed to stay in the building
(apparently for hours) after they got locked inside, with Alyea even being
permitted to film all kinds of activity on the sixth floor (aka: the crime
scene).

Alyea is featured in the following video from November 1993, with Tom
providing quite a bit of information about his actions right after the
assassination. And according to Mr. Alyea, the police were certainly
thinking in the first several minutes after the assassination that they
might have the shooter (or shooters) trapped inside the building.

So I'm thinking that that situation would account for at least a portion
of the delay in finding the location of Oswald's Sniper's Nest on the
sixth floor.

Let's listen to Alyea (the video starts at the point where Alyea is
introduced):

http://www.c-spanarchives.org/program/ID/121449&start=4167&end=7200

==================================

The complete 2-hour video:

http://www.c-spanarchives.org/program/ID/121449

==================================

Anthony Marsh

Feb 5, 2010, 1:15:10 PM2/5/10
On 2/5/2010 8:59 AM, yeuhd wrote:
> I have long wondered why it took so long for police to find the 6th
> floor sniper's nest. The sniper's nest was found after 1 p.m. One
> would have thought that it would have been easily found within minutes
> of the assassination, with Howard Brennan and Amos Euins both
> reporting to police in less than ten minutes that they saw a man
> shooting from that window.

Maybe because no one was precise in calling it the sixth floor. Maybe
because several people were confused about the numbering of the floors.

> However, reading through various accounts again, more closely, it's

> now apparent why it took so long � miscommunications and

> noncommunications.
>
> Officer Marrion Baker is the first to enter the Depository Building,
> within a minute of the last shot. But having seen a flock of pigeons
> alight from the roof in reaction to the gunfire, he believes the shots
> came from the roof, and spends his time looking there and on the 7th
> floor below the roof, before he descends on the elevator.

Not quite. He wasn't sure the shot came from the roof.

> At 12:35 p.m., Officer B.W. Hargis calls over police radio that a
> witness said the shots came from the building, the first broadcast
> naming that location.
>
> A minute later, Amos Euins approaches Sgt. D.V. Harkness to say he saw
> a man fire a rifle from a window in the building, on the floor "under

> the ledge", which makes it the 6th floor � a decorative ledge goes

> around the building between the 6th and 7th floors. But Harkness
> mistakenly radios in that the witness said the shots came "from the
> fifth floor of the Texas Depository Bookstore". Harkness also tells
> Inspector Sawyer the 5th floor. Harkness goes in and takes the

> elevator just inside the main entrance to its limit � the fourth

> floor. As he is on that floor, he talks briefly with Office Baker, who
> is coming down the rear elevator from the 7th floor. Finding nothing
> on the 4th floor, Harkness returns to the first floor and the
> entrance.
>
> At about the same time, Howard Brennan approaches Officer W.E. Barnett
> in front of the building to tell him he saw the man who fired the
> rifle, "one window from the top," pointing to the southeasternmost
> window on the sixth floor.

That would be the seventh floor. So maybe Brennan was correct and he
actually saw the guy who was shooting from the seventh floor.

> At 12:39, Motorcycle Officer E.D. Brewer, about 3/4 of a block from
> the building, radios in, "We have a man here that saw [a gunman] pull
> a weapon back through the window on the second floor on the southeast
> corner of that Depository building," no doubt meaning to say second
> floor from the top, since photos taken before, during, and after the
> assassination show the 2nd floor windows on that corner were closed.
> Another miscommunication.
>
> Inspector Sawyer, at the front of the building, radios at 12:42 for
> more officers. Officer Barnett brings Howard Brennan to Inspector
> Sawyer. Brennan "pointed out the window which I now note to be the
> sixth floor, but when I talked to him, I thought it was the fifth
> floor." At 12:44, Sawyer broadcasts Brennan's description of the
> shooter, but does not include what floor or window he was seen at.
>
> At 12:45, Sgt. G.D. Henslee at the police radio dispatcher's office,
> broadcasts in answer to an inquiry, "Well, all the information we have

> receive � indicates that it did come from about the 5th or 4th floor

Hey, what about the chicken bones? Everyone knows an assassin waiting
overnight eats fried chicken!

tomnln

yeuhd

Feb 5, 2010, 9:37:22 PM2/5/10
On Feb 5, 1:15 pm, Anthony Marsh <anthony_ma...@comcast.net> wrote:
> > At about the same time, Howard Brennan approaches Officer W.E. Barnett
> > in front of the building to tell him he saw the man who fired the
> > rifle, "one window from the top," pointing to the southeasternmost
> > window on the sixth floor.
>
> That would be the seventh floor. So maybe Brennan was correct and he
> actually saw the guy who was shooting from the seventh floor.

Brennan meant one window from the top floor, but it's easy to see how
he could be misunderstood to mean one window from the roof.

yeuhd

Feb 5, 2010, 9:38:03 PM2/5/10
On Feb 5, 1:10 pm, David Von Pein <davevonp...@aol.com> wrote:
> http://groups.google.com/group/alt.assassination.jfk/browse_thread/th...

> Good stuff, yeuhd.
>
> But I thought the Sniper's Nest was discovered at 1:12 PM, not 1:06.
> And the rifle was discovered exactly 10 minutes later, at 1:22.
>
> That's not a big difference (obviously), but the 1:12 time is stuck in
> my mind.

Officer Luke Mooney, who discovered the sniper's list while on the 6th
floor, testified that he didn't look at his watch, but said "it was
approaching 1 o'clock. It could have been 1 o'clock."

http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh3/html/WC_Vol3_0147a.htm

Captain Fritz in his testimony gives 1:22 for the discovery of the
rifle, but when asked when the shells were found, he said he did not
have that time:

http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh4/html/WC_Vol4_0107b.htm

The police report by Sims and Boyd says that the empty cartridges were
found about 1:15 p.m.:
http://www.aarclibrary.org/publib/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh24/html/WH_Vol24_0169a.htm

I'm getting the 1:06 time from Bugliosi, but where he got it from I
don't know.

Anthony Marsh

Feb 6, 2010, 8:37:42 PM2/6/10

So now you're a Harris, telling us what the witness actually meant.

yeuhd

Feb 6, 2010, 9:04:19 PM2/6/10

Brennan tells us what he actually meant. He uses the same method,
counting from the top, in his sheriff's affidavit (24 H 203), given
within an hour of the assassination:

"I take this building across the street to be about 7 stories anyway
in the east end of the building and the second row of windows from the
top I saw a man in this window."

claviger

Feb 7, 2010, 7:02:38 PM2/7/10

Yeuhd,

I have wondered the same thing. Excellent research that answers the
question. The DPD were completely unprepared to handle anything of this
magnitude. They were thinking of people on the street waving protest
signs.

What should have happened is surround and seal the building first, then
assemble as many officers as possible in teams to search floor by floor in
a methodical manner. Individual officers like Baker who went charging up
the stairs could have been shot dead, and would have been if LHO had not
left his pistol at home. One book claims the sheriff deputy on the roof
got off one shot at LHO that missed, but caused him to run. No evidence to
support that contention. Wonder why he didn't locate LHO after 3 shots?
And to leave the wooden fence unguarded is a major gap in security. As we
know, there was no one up there anyway, but at least one police officer
should have been posted there. The TSBD building with open windows was the
major problem. Either the closed window policy should have been enforced
or the parade never should have been allowed past such a building. All law
enforcement agencies share the blame on this tragedy for so many security
gaps. It tells me no one expected any serious problems that day, just a
few unruly protesters if anything and ironically none showed up.

yeuhd

Feb 7, 2010, 8:20:10 PM2/7/10
> The TSBD building with open windows was the
> major problem. Either the closed window policy should have been enforced
> or the parade never should have been allowed past such a building.

Main Street was one long series of multi-story buildings whose windows
opened. There was nothing exceptional about the Depository building.

http://tinyurl.com/y8zsbw7

Anthony Marsh

Feb 8, 2010, 12:39:43 AM2/8/10

The only thing different about the TSBD was that it was at the corner
where the limo would have to slow down to turn the corner.

dcwi...@yahoo.com

Feb 11, 2010, 9:44:15 AM2/11/10
Surprised that no one spotted, or at least reported, the obvious error
herein, in paragraph 5. It was *Sawyer* who testified that he went
into the building & went only as far as the 4th floor, not
*Harkness*. Transposed witnesses.... For other problems, see
below....

On Feb 5, 5:59 am, yeuhd <needleswax...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have long wondered why it took so long for police to find the 6th
> floor sniper's nest. The sniper's nest was found after 1 p.m. One
> would have thought that it would have been easily found within minutes
> of the assassination, with Howard Brennan and Amos Euins both
> reporting to police in less than ten minutes that they saw a man
> shooting from that window.

Euins told reporters, originally, that the man with the rifle was a
"colored man". Obviously, then, the man was not at "that window", but
at one of the windows below, whether he had a rifle or not....

A passage in Williams' testimony suggests that Brennan had no problem
identifying floors by number:
McCloy: When you came downstairs, do you remember seeing a man named
Brennan, & did a man named Brennan ID you downstairs?
W: No, sir, I don't remember that.
McCloy: No one that you know, no one said, "This is the man I have
seen on the 5th floor window"?
W: No, sir.
The grammar ("I have seen" "on the... window") suggests that the
speaker was indeed Brennan. And Williams was indeed on the 5th floor.

> At 12:39, Motorcycle Officer E.D. Brewer, about 3/4 of a block from
> the building, radios in, "We have a man here that saw [a gunman] pull
> a weapon back through the window on the second floor on the southeast
> corner of that Depository building," no doubt meaning to say second
> floor from the top

By the same token, when, at 1:12, Sawyer radios that the hulls were
found on the 3rd floor, he no doubt means the 3rd floor from the top.

, since photos taken before, during, and after the
> assassination show the 2nd floor windows on that corner were closed.
> Another miscommunication.
>
> Inspector Sawyer, at the front of the building, radios at 12:42 for
> more officers. Officer Barnett brings Howard Brennan to Inspector
> Sawyer. Brennan "pointed out the window which I now note to be the
> sixth floor, but when I talked to him, I thought it was the fifth
> floor." At 12:44, Sawyer broadcasts Brennan's description of the
> shooter, but does not include what floor or window he was seen at.
>
> At 12:45, Sgt. G.D. Henslee at the police radio dispatcher's office,
> broadcasts in answer to an inquiry, "Well, all the information we have
> receive … indicates that it did come from about the 5th or 4th floor
> of that building."
>
> At 12:50, Forrest Sorrels of the Dallas office of the Secret Service
> talks to Brennan and Euins about the gunman they saw. Both specify the
> 6th floor window. As Brennan talks to Sorrels, James Jarman and Harold
> Norman come out the entrance, and Brennan recognizes them from the 5th
> floor windows below the shooter.

Sorrels does not mention encountering Norman or Jarman, altho Brennan
testified that he introduced them to him!

Jarman and Norman are told to stay in
> side the building, and they and their third companion on the 5th
> floor, Bonnie Ray Williams, are not immediately interviewed.
>
> Sorrels then escorts Brennan and Euins across the street to make
> statements at the Sheriff's Office, intending not to stay long. But he
> is stopped on his way out and told there is another witness in the
> office whom Sorrels should talk to, Arnold Roland, whom Sorrels does
> stay to interview. In any case, Sorrels' knowledge of the specific
> window that Brennan and Euins pointed to is not shared with those at
> the Depository building itself.
>
> Police Captain Will Fritz arrives at the building at 12:58,
> accompanied by two detectives and the Sheriff. Brennan, Euins and
> Sorrels are not present. Fritz and company enter and go up the front
> elevator to the 2nd floor, see officers stationed there, and proceed
> to the 3rd and 4th floor, finding officers already stationed there
> too. The elevator goes up no further, so they go to the back elevators
> and up to the 5th floor. They make a quick search along the windows on
> the front and west side, then go up to the sixth. Fritz and the two
> detectives walk up to the 7th floor, while the rest begin inspecting
> the 6th.
>
> The 6th floor sniper's nest, with its empty cartridge cases and paper
> bag, is discovered at 1:06 p.m.

Mooney and Alyea both said the hulls were found before 1:00.

yeuhd

Feb 11, 2010, 3:27:29 PM2/11/10
On Feb 11, 9:44 am, dcwill...@yahoo.com wrote:
> On Feb 5, 5:59 am, yeuhd <needleswax...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > I have long wondered why it took so long for police to find the 6th
> > floor sniper's nest. The sniper's nest was found after 1 p.m. One
> > would have thought that it would have been easily found within minutes
> > of the assassination, with Howard Brennan and Amos Euins both
> > reporting to police in less than ten minutes that they saw a man
> > shooting from that window.
>
> Euins told reporters, originally, that the man with the rifle was a
> "colored man".  Obviously, then, the man was not at "that window", but
> at one of the windows below, whether he had a rifle or not....

Or Euins did indeed see Oswald, but his view was too shadowy to make
an identification.

> > At 12:39, Motorcycle Officer E.D. Brewer, about 3/4 of a block from
> > the building, radios in, "We have a man here that saw [a gunman] pull
> > a weapon back through the window on the second floor on the southeast
> > corner of that Depository building," no doubt meaning to say second
> > floor from the top
>
> By the same token, when, at 1:12, Sawyer radios that the hulls were
> found on the 3rd floor, he no doubt means the 3rd floor from the top.

Third floor?

Mr. BELIN. Now looking down on this log until the next time your
number appears, is 1:12 p.m. What does that say?
Mr. SAWYER. "We have found empty rifle hulls on the fifth floor and
from all indications the man had been there for some time."
Mr. BELIN. Then is there anything else?
Mr. SAWYER. This was reported to me by somebody inside the building.

> > The 6th floor sniper's nest, with its empty cartridge cases and paper
> > bag, is discovered at 1:06 p.m.
>
> Mooney and Alyea both said the hulls were found before 1:00.

Mooney not so certainly.

Mr. BALL. About what time of day was this?
Mr. MOONEY. Well, it was approaching 1 o'clock. It could have been 1
o'clock.
Mr. BALL. Did you look at your watch?
Mr. MOONEY. No, sir; I didn't. I should have, but I didn't look at my
watch at the time to see what time it was.

Can you quote Alyea?

tomnln

Feb 11, 2010, 4:55:53 PM2/11/10
SEE>>> http://whokilledjfk.net/testimony.htm

<dcwi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

Anthony Marsh

Feb 11, 2010, 5:25:04 PM2/11/10
On 2/11/2010 9:44 AM, dcwi...@yahoo.com wrote:
> [...]

>> entrance.
>>
>> At about the same time, Howard Brennan approaches Officer W.E. Barnett
>> in front of the building to tell him he saw the man who fired the
>> rifle, "one window from the top," pointing to the southeasternmost
>> window on the sixth floor.
>
> A passage in Williams' testimony suggests that Brennan had no problem
> identifying floors by number:
> McCloy: When you came downstairs, do you remember seeing a man named
> Brennan,& did a man named Brennan ID you downstairs?

> W: No, sir, I don't remember that.
> McCloy: No one that you know, no one said, "This is the man I have
> seen on the 5th floor window"?
> W: No, sir.
> The grammar ("I have seen" "on the... window") suggests that the
> speaker was indeed Brennan. And Williams was indeed on the 5th floor.

I won't mention him by name, but would you believe that there is actually
one kook who says all this proves that Williams was the real assassin,
firing Oswald's rifle from the fifth floor?

>> At 12:39, Motorcycle Officer E.D. Brewer, about 3/4 of a block from
>> the building, radios in, "We have a man here that saw [a gunman] pull
>> a weapon back through the window on the second floor on the southeast
>> corner of that Depository building," no doubt meaning to say second
>> floor from the top
>
> By the same token, when, at 1:12, Sawyer radios that the hulls were
> found on the 3rd floor, he no doubt means the 3rd floor from the top.
>
> , since photos taken before, during, and after the
>> assassination show the 2nd floor windows on that corner were closed.
>> Another miscommunication.
>>
>> Inspector Sawyer, at the front of the building, radios at 12:42 for
>> more officers. Officer Barnett brings Howard Brennan to Inspector
>> Sawyer. Brennan "pointed out the window which I now note to be the
>> sixth floor, but when I talked to him, I thought it was the fifth
>> floor." At 12:44, Sawyer broadcasts Brennan's description of the
>> shooter, but does not include what floor or window he was seen at.
>>
>> At 12:45, Sgt. G.D. Henslee at the police radio dispatcher's office,
>> broadcasts in answer to an inquiry, "Well, all the information we have

>> receive ? indicates that it did come from about the 5th or 4th floor

dcwi...@yahoo.com

Feb 12, 2010, 8:54:07 AM2/12/10
On Feb 11, 12:27 pm, yeuhd <needleswax...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Feb 11, 9:44 am, dcwill...@yahoo.com wrote:
>
> > On Feb 5, 5:59 am, yeuhd <needleswax...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > I have long wondered why it took so long for police to find the 6th
> > > floor sniper's nest. The sniper's nest was found after 1 p.m. One
> > > would have thought that it would have been easily found within minutes
> > > of the assassination, with Howard Brennan and Amos Euins both
> > > reporting to police in less than ten minutes that they saw a man
> > > shooting from that window.
>
> > Euins told reporters, originally, that the man with the rifle was a
> > "colored man".  Obviously, then, the man was not at "that window", but
> > at one of the windows below, whether he had a rifle or not....
>
> Or Euins did indeed see Oswald, but his view was too shadowy to make
> an identification.

You need a little speculation to get from "colored man" to "shadowy"
to Oswald.

> > > At 12:39, Motorcycle Officer E.D. Brewer, about 3/4 of a block from
> > > the building, radios in, "We have a man here that saw [a gunman] pull
> > > a weapon back through the window on the second floor on the southeast
> > > corner of that Depository building," no doubt meaning to say second
> > > floor from the top
>
> > By the same token, when, at 1:12, Sawyer radios that the hulls were
> > found on the 3rd floor, he no doubt means the 3rd floor from the top.
>
> Third floor?
>
> Mr. BELIN. Now looking down on this log until the next time your
> number appears, is 1:12 p.m. What does that say?
> Mr. SAWYER. "We have found empty rifle hulls on the fifth floor and
> from all indications the man had been there for some time."
> Mr. BELIN. Then is there anything else?
> Mr. SAWYER. This was reported to me by somebody inside the building.

Yes, third floor. From Trask's "Pictures of the Pain", p523:
"At 1:11 Insp JH Sawyer... called in...'On the third [sic] floor of
this book company down here, we found empty rifle hulls & it looked
like the man had been here for some time'." (from Trask's own
transcription of a DPD audio tape)

> > > The 6th floor sniper's nest, with its empty cartridge cases and paper
> > > bag, is discovered at 1:06 p.m.
>
> > Mooney and Alyea both said the hulls were found before 1:00.
>
> Mooney not so certainly.
>
> Mr. BALL. About what time of day was this?
> Mr. MOONEY. Well, it was approaching 1 o'clock. It could have been 1
> o'clock.
> Mr. BALL. Did you look at your watch?
> Mr. MOONEY. No, sir; I didn't. I should have, but I didn't look at my
> watch at the time to see what time it was.
>
> Can you quote Alyea?

Yes. From a 4/23/98 e-mail from Alyea to Tony Pitman: "The SN was
found at 12:55"

David Von Pein

Dec 4, 2014, 11:41:21 PM12/4/14
Upon looking over this discussion again today [12/4/2014], I again want to
commend yeuhd for the valuable timeline information provided here,
chronicling the things that many of the police officers and witnesses did
immediately after the shooting of President Kennedy.

Very nice job indeed. Thank you.