Question for David Von Pein

John McAdams

Mar 27, 2019, 9:38:19 PM3/27/19

YouTube used to have an interview with Domingo Benevides.

It was in color, and done by Eddie Barker, if I remember correctly.

I found the 1964 CBS recording on your site, but I can't find later
CBS documentaries.

Am I missing something?

.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

John McAdams

Mar 27, 2019, 9:47:46 PM3/27/19
On Wed, 27 Mar 2019 20:38:19 -0500, John McAdams
<john.m...@marquette.edu> wrote:

>YouTube used to have an interview with Domingo Benevides.
>
>It was in color, and done by Eddie Barker, if I remember correctly.
>
>I found the 1964 CBS recording on your site, but I can't find later
>CBS documentaries.
>
>Am I missing something?

Update: I found this, but remember seeing a better quality version.

https://youtu.be/qpO0a6gRceo?t=6594

.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

Steve M. Galbraith

Mar 27, 2019, 10:23:42 PM3/27/19
John: I believe this is what you're looking for. Go to the one hour and 59
minutes. Cronkite introduces the segment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpO0a6gRceo

David Von Pein

Mar 27, 2019, 10:24:16 PM3/27/19
Hi John....

Here's my archived version of the 1967 interview with Domingo Benavides:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KFei3W7bGOX2xpV3F3MmFuaGc/view

FYI Note --- Almost everything I have in my A/V collection can be located
by searching for the pertinent keyword(s) at my Master Index webpage....

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html

BTW, the reason why the Benavides interview can't be found at my JFK
YouTube channel is because it's a "CBS-TV" video, and I've had lots of
copyright problems when posting CBS material. So I generally just don't
bother uploading any "CBS-TV" videos any longer.

But you can find a fairly good quality version of the entire 4-part CBS
"Warren Report" (1967) special on my own websites....

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2012/03/cbs-news-inquiry-warren-report-1967.html

John McAdams

Mar 27, 2019, 10:25:34 PM3/27/19
On 27 Mar 2019 22:23:41 -0400, "Steve M. Galbraith"
<stevemg...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>On Wednesday, March 27, 2019 at 9:38:19 PM UTC-4, John McAdams wrote:
>> YouTube used to have an interview with Domingo Benevides.
>>
>> It was in color, and done by Eddie Barker, if I remember correctly.
>>
>> I found the 1964 CBS recording on your site, but I can't find later
>> CBS documentaries.
>>
>> Am I missing something?
>
>John: I believe this is what you're looking for. Go to the one hour and 59
>minutes. Cronkite introduces the segment.
>
>https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpO0a6gRceo

Thanks for the quick response.

.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

John McAdams

Mar 27, 2019, 10:34:36 PM3/27/19
On 27 Mar 2019 22:24:15 -0400, David Von Pein <davev...@aol.com>
wrote:
Yea, I expected you to have that, in the best quality available at
this late date, and you did. :-)

If there is any problem with the splendid collection of resources you
have on the web, it's finding things.

I notice you have the 1988 PBS NOVA documentary. I have a copy in 3/4
inch tape. Fat lot of good that is. :-(

You also have Frontline "Who Was Lee Harvey Oswald" with the material
that has been *cut out* of the DVD currently sold, and also on the
current PBS online version.

Really impressive resources.

.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

David Von Pein

Mar 28, 2019, 11:11:28 PM3/28/19
On Wednesday, March 27, 2019 at 10:34:36 PM UTC-4, John McAdams wrote:
> On 27 Mar 2019 22:24:15 -0400, David Von Pein <davev...@aol.com>
> wrote:
>
> >Hi John....
> >
> >Here's my archived version of the 1967 interview with Domingo Benavides:
> >
> >https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KFei3W7bGOX2xpV3F3MmFuaGc/view
> >
> >FYI Note --- Almost everything I have in my A/V collection can be located
> >by searching for the pertinent keyword(s) at my Master Index webpage....
> >
> >http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html
> >
> >BTW, the reason why the Benavides interview can't be found at my JFK
> >YouTube channel is because it's a "CBS-TV" video, and I've had lots of
> >copyright problems when posting CBS material. So I generally just don't
> >bother uploading any "CBS-TV" videos any longer.
> >
> >But you can find a fairly good quality version of the entire 4-part CBS
> >"Warren Report" (1967) special on my own websites....
> >
> >http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2012/03/cbs-news-inquiry-warren-report-1967.html
>
> Yea, I expected you to have that, in the best quality available at
> this late date, and you did. :-)
>
> If there is any problem with the splendid collection of resources you
> have on the web, it's finding things.

Which is the precise reason I created this page in 2016....

http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html

John McAdams

Mar 28, 2019, 11:12:16 PM3/28/19
On 28 Mar 2019 23:11:27 -0400, David Von Pein <davev...@aol.com>
wrote:

>On Wednesday, March 27, 2019 at 10:34:36 PM UTC-4, John McAdams wrote:
>> On 27 Mar 2019 22:24:15 -0400, David Von Pein <davev...@aol.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>> >Hi John....
>> >
>> >Here's my archived version of the 1967 interview with Domingo Benavides:
>> >
>> >https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KFei3W7bGOX2xpV3F3MmFuaGc/view
>> >
>> >FYI Note --- Almost everything I have in my A/V collection can be located
>> >by searching for the pertinent keyword(s) at my Master Index webpage....
>> >
>> >http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html
>> >
>> >BTW, the reason why the Benavides interview can't be found at my JFK
>> >YouTube channel is because it's a "CBS-TV" video, and I've had lots of
>> >copyright problems when posting CBS material. So I generally just don't
>> >bother uploading any "CBS-TV" videos any longer.
>> >
>> >But you can find a fairly good quality version of the entire 4-part CBS
>> >"Warren Report" (1967) special on my own websites....
>> >
>> >http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2012/03/cbs-news-inquiry-warren-report-1967.html
>>
>> Yea, I expected you to have that, in the best quality available at
>> this late date, and you did. :-)
>>
>> If there is any problem with the splendid collection of resources you
>> have on the web, it's finding things.
>
>Which is the precise reason I created this page in 2016....
>
>http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html

My advice would be to put the link at the top of each of your pages.

.John
-----------------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

Anthony Marsh

Mar 28, 2019, 11:29:35 PM3/28/19
Could they be on YouTube?

David Von Pein

Mar 29, 2019, 12:44:36 PM3/29/19
I did --- more than 2 years ago.

I guess you just never noticed.

:-)

> .John
> -----------------------
> http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

Mitch Todd

Mar 29, 2019, 12:46:33 PM3/29/19
On 3/28/2019 10:11 PM, David Von Pein wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 27, 2019 at 10:34:36 PM UTC-4, John McAdams wrote:
>> On 27 Mar 2019 22:24:15 -0400, David Von Pein <davev...@aol.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Hi John....
>>>
>>> Here's my archived version of the 1967 interview with Domingo Benavides:
>>>
>>> https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KFei3W7bGOX2xpV3F3MmFuaGc/view
>>>
>>> FYI Note --- Almost everything I have in my A/V collection can be located
>>> by searching for the pertinent keyword(s) at my Master Index webpage....
>>>
>>> http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html
>>>
>>> BTW, the reason why the Benavides interview can't be found at my JFK
>>> YouTube channel is because it's a "CBS-TV" video, and I've had lots of
>>> copyright problems when posting CBS material. So I generally just don't
>>> bother uploading any "CBS-TV" videos any longer.
>>>
>>> But you can find a fairly good quality version of the entire 4-part CBS
>>> "Warren Report" (1967) special on my own websites....
>>>
>>> http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2012/03/cbs-news-inquiry-warren-report-1967.html
>>
>> Yea, I expected you to have that, in the best quality available at
>> this late date, and you did. :-)
>>
>> If there is any problem with the splendid collection of resources you
>> have on the web, it's finding things.
>
> Which is the precise reason I created this page in 2016....
>
> http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html

Have you ever thought of putting your website onto a more
modern content management system, like Wordpress? That should
make it easier for people to find what they're looking for.

CAMPBE...@yahoo.com

Mar 30, 2019, 1:38:03 PM3/30/19
I really appreciate your website David! The broadcast recordings,the
pictures (before and after Dealey Plaza assassination pictures,films) DPD
radio recordings,discussions pages. All of it is so informative! How were
you able to acquire all the different radio and tv coverage footage?
You've probably already have contacted the Dallas Historical Society about
any other pictures of Dealey Plaza prior to 11/22/63 but,if not,check
their resources. I've seen pictures of when they were shooting JFK here in
Dallas,don't know if those would be something you'd want in your
collection. How did you first start your interest in the assassination?

David Von Pein

Mar 30, 2019, 6:34:43 PM3/30/19
So you're saying Wordpress is better than Blogger.com?

I've been very happy with Blogger. I think it's excellent.

Can you provide an example of how Wordpress is a "more modern content
management system" than is Blogger.com?

Or were you implying that maybe I should stop using "Google Drive" and
start using Wordpress for storing and sharing videos?

I've got to tell you, though, that it would take a lot of heavy persuasion
to talk me out of using Google Drive. I love that service as much as I do
Blogger.

bigdog

Mar 30, 2019, 8:53:45 PM3/30/19
On Thursday, March 28, 2019 at 11:11:28 PM UTC-4, David Von Pein wrote:
> On Wednesday, March 27, 2019 at 10:34:36 PM UTC-4, John McAdams wrote:
> > On 27 Mar 2019 22:24:15 -0400, David Von Pein <davev...@aol.com>
> > wrote:
> >
> > >Hi John....
> > >
> > >Here's my archived version of the 1967 interview with Domingo Benavides:
> > >
> > >https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B0KFei3W7bGOX2xpV3F3MmFuaGc/view
> > >
> > >FYI Note --- Almost everything I have in my A/V collection can be located
> > >by searching for the pertinent keyword(s) at my Master Index webpage....
> > >
> > >http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html
> > >
> > >BTW, the reason why the Benavides interview can't be found at my JFK
> > >YouTube channel is because it's a "CBS-TV" video, and I've had lots of
> > >copyright problems when posting CBS material. So I generally just don't
> > >bother uploading any "CBS-TV" videos any longer.
> > >
> > >But you can find a fairly good quality version of the entire 4-part CBS
> > >"Warren Report" (1967) special on my own websites....
> > >
> > >http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2012/03/cbs-news-inquiry-warren-report-1967.html
> >
> > Yea, I expected you to have that, in the best quality available at
> > this late date, and you did. :-)
> >
> > If there is any problem with the splendid collection of resources you
> > have on the web, it's finding things.
>
> Which is the precise reason I created this page in 2016....
>
> http://dvp-video-audio-archive.blogspot.com/2016/12/dvp-audio-video-master-index.html

Just bookmarked it. Thank you.

David Von Pein

Mar 31, 2019, 2:00:16 PM3/31/19
On Saturday, March 30, 2019 at 1:38:03 PM UTC-4, CAMPBE...@yahoo.com wrote:
> I really appreciate your website David! The broadcast recordings,the
> pictures (before and after Dealey Plaza assassination pictures,films) DPD
> radio recordings,discussions pages. All of it is so informative! How were
> you able to acquire all the different radio and tv coverage footage?

1. My own collection of things (DVD, VHS, CDs, etc.).

2. Trades with some other people.

3. The JFK Library website (where virtually every word ever uttered by JFK
in public [as POTUS] is archived on audio files).

4. The Internet as a whole. (Utilizing various "word search" terms to try
and find more stuff.)

5. And (sometimes) people will---out of the blue---just up and send me
files via e-mail. (Which is really cool if it's something I've never
seen before.)

If you find some stuff I don't have, let me know. (Such as the *thousands*
of hours of 11/22/63 Radio & TV footage that simply *MUST* exist in many
old vaults around the country---somewhere! E.G., Miami stations, San
Francisco stations, plus Newark, Phoenix, St. Louis, Pittsburgh, etc. The
list is almost endless.)

> You've probably already have contacted the Dallas Historical Society about
> any other pictures of Dealey Plaza prior to 11/22/63 but,if not,check
> their resources. I've seen pictures of when they were shooting JFK here in
> Dallas,don't know if those would be something you'd want in your
> collection.

Thanks. I will.

> How did you first start your interest in the assassination?

http://jfk-archives.blogspot.com/2012/07/dvp-interview-about-television-and-jfk.html

Mitch Todd

Mar 31, 2019, 5:35:34 PM3/31/19
Blogger was designed from day one to be simple and easy to use. It does
that part well, but It's limited as to how far you can customize a site.

Wordpress was originally written as an extensible software platform allows
for a lot of customization. Hosting at wordpress.com came later. Most WP
installs are on private hosting, rather than at the WP hosting site. It
features APIs and a massive number of plugins that let you extend its
functionality quite a bit. And if you want to get adventurous, you can
code your own extensions.

Anthony Marsh

Apr 1, 2019, 10:08:31 PM4/1/19
On 3/31/2019 2:00 PM, David Von Pein wrote:
> On Saturday, March 30, 2019 at 1:38:03 PM UTC-4, CAMPBE...@yahoo.com wrote:
>> I really appreciate your website David! The broadcast recordings,the
>> pictures (before and after Dealey Plaza assassination pictures,films) DPD
>> radio recordings,discussions pages. All of it is so informative! How were
>> you able to acquire all the different radio and tv coverage footage?
>
> 1. My own collection of things (DVD, VHS, CDs, etc.).
>
> 2. Trades with some other people.
>
> 3. The JFK Library website (where virtually every word ever uttered by JFK
> in public [as POTUS] is archived on audio files).

Define "in pubiic." You know that they still are withholding 5 Dictabelts.
Are they private? Did they ever prove that they were private? Were those
the ones that contained conversations with Marylin?

bigdog

Apr 1, 2019, 11:46:36 PM4/1/19
Back in 2003 on the 40th anniversary of the assassination, the History
Channel replayed NBC's entire as-it-happened coverage from the first
bulletin to the burial at Arlington. I tried to record it (on VHS no less)
because I thought it would be of great historical significance. Given the
nuances of programming recordings in those days and the need load a new
tape every 6 hours, my effort failed miserably. I gave up halfway through.
I know you have the entire day of assassination available in 3 parts but
the History Channel played all four days. How much of the entire four day
coverage do you have?

David Von Pein

Apr 2, 2019, 4:50:46 PM4/2/19
I don't have nearly *all* of even the Nov. 22 NBC-TV coverage. I have 6.5
hours from 11/22 and 7 minutes from 11/24. Nothing else from NBC (except
for 20 more minutes from 11/24 in audio only [with Tom Pettit reporting
from the DPD basement after Oswald was shot]).

CAMPBE...@yahoo.com

Apr 3, 2019, 8:58:09 PM4/3/19
I have,recorded on VHS,CBS's Four Days Of November from 1988. It is a 2
hour program with highlights of CBS's coverage of the breaking news on
Friday thru to the funeral on Monday. It's interesting on this program to
see how CBS edits it to make it look like they captured all of Oswald's
shooting live while actually,CBS was late in switching from the Rotunda in
Washington D.C. to the basement of the city jail in Dallas and how the
announcer (Harry Reasoner?) was the one who said something about there
being "a scuffle" while Bob Huffaker,who was actually in the basement, had
to wait a few seconds to be able to describe what had happened live.