Updated Tabulation of Earwitness Testimony

John McAdams

Mar 26, 2013, 12:19:58 PM3/26/13

http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/shots.htm

Thanks to some posts here by David Von Pein and John Reagor King, I've
added several Depository witnesses. I've also reduced the number of
"two location" witnesses. Some of then were not bona fide "two
location" witnesses, but merely witnesses who were uncertain as
between two locations.

.John

--
The Kennedy Assassination Home Page
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

Anthony Marsh

Mar 26, 2013, 2:51:55 PM3/26/13
Then why don't you mark every witness as uncertain because they all said
things like they couldn't tell for sure where the shots came from?
Isn't that the type of thing you did with Zapruder?

John McAdams

Mar 26, 2013, 2:57:58 PM3/26/13
On 26 Mar 2013 14:51:55 -0400, Anthony Marsh
<anthon...@comcast.net> wrote:

>On 3/26/2013 12:19 PM, John McAdams wrote:
>> http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/shots.htm
>>
>> Thanks to some posts here by David Von Pein and John Reagor King, I've
>> added several Depository witnesses. I've also reduced the number of
>> "two location" witnesses. Some of then were not bona fide "two
>> location" witnesses, but merely witnesses who were uncertain as
>> between two locations.
>>

>Then why don't you mark every witness as uncertain because they all said
>things like they couldn't tell for sure where the shots came from?

But they didn't all say that.

>Isn't that the type of thing you did with Zapruder?

He is marked as uncertain.

Robert Harris

Mar 26, 2013, 5:45:02 PM3/26/13

The Warren Commission did a tabulation too, john. This is what they
concluded,

"a substantial majority of the witnesses stated that the shots were not
evenly spaced. Most witnesses recalled that the second and third shots
were bunched together."

Why do you even care about the percentages who reported shots from one
end of DP or the other?

We already know that there was more than one shooter involved. I guess
it just takes a bit more courage to admit it, than some people have.

Robert Harris

Canuck

Mar 26, 2013, 5:47:36 PM3/26/13
On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:19:58 AM UTC-7, John McAdams wrote:
> http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/shots.htm Thanks to some posts here by David Von Pein and John Reagor King, I've added several Depository witnesses. I've also reduced the number of "two location" witnesses. Some of then were not bona fide "two location" witnesses, but merely witnesses who were uncertain as between two locations. .John -- The Kennedy Assassination Home Page http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

One of the most important "earwitnesses" was Mary Woodward, a reporter for
the DMN, who was standing next to the sign on the north side of Elm, along
with several colleagues from the paper. None of them were interviewed by
the WC. You can read my article about Mary at Prof. Emeritus Ken Rahn's
site: http://karws.gso.uri.edu/jfk/the_critics/Whitmey/Witness.html. His
site also
includes an article written by Mary for the 20th anniversary published in
an Albany, NY paper (where she lived at that time), provided to me by lawyer
Mark Zaid, who was studying law in Albany and had met Mary. I had met
Mark at a conference in Chicago. It is available at:
http://karws.gso.uri.edu/jfk/the_critics/Whitmey/Knickerbocker%20News.html.

Mary was also interviewed by the mini-series "The Men Who Killed Kennedy"
in the mid-1980s, in which she repeated her original impressions of where
one or more shots originated. However, in the early 1990s, a conference
of reporters was held in Dallas, which included Mary, who by then had
decided none of the shots came from behind her and to her right (around
the time "JFK" came out). But her original impression, written by her
within a half-hour of the event (although not published until the next
morning in the DMN), clearly indicates that she believed at least one shot
came from the grassy knoll, consistent with the conclusions of the HSCA 16
years later. - prwhitmey (Canuck)

Bud

Mar 26, 2013, 8:03:19 PM3/26/13
On Mar 26, 5:45 pm, Robert Harris <bobharri...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> The Warren Commission did a tabulation too, john. This is what they
> concluded,
>
> "a substantial majority of the witnesses stated that the shots were not
> evenly spaced. Most witnesses recalled that the second and third shots
> were bunched together."
>
> Why do you even care about the percentages who reported shots from one
> end of DP or the other?
>
> We already know that there was more than one shooter involved. I guess
> it just takes a bit more courage to admit it, than some people have.

Some people have the courage to say that Elvis is still alive.

Anthony Marsh

Mar 26, 2013, 8:03:30 PM3/26/13
You should also SHOW readers her original story before it was rewritten:

http://the-puzzle-palace.com/Woodward_11-22-63_0001a.gif

Anthony Marsh

Mar 26, 2013, 8:03:41 PM3/26/13
On 3/26/2013 2:57 PM, John McAdams wrote:
> On 26 Mar 2013 14:51:55 -0400, Anthony Marsh
> <anthon...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
>> On 3/26/2013 12:19 PM, John McAdams wrote:
>>> http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/shots.htm
>>>
>>> Thanks to some posts here by David Von Pein and John Reagor King, I've
>>> added several Depository witnesses. I've also reduced the number of
>>> "two location" witnesses. Some of then were not bona fide "two
>>> location" witnesses, but merely witnesses who were uncertain as
>>> between two locations.
>>>

>> Then why don't you mark every witness as uncertain because they all said
>> things like they couldn't tell for sure where the shots came from?
>
> But they didn't all say that.
>
>> Isn't that the type of thing you did with Zapruder?
>>

> He is marked as uncertain.

I suggest you mark ALL the witnesses as uncertain.

John Fiorentino

Mar 27, 2013, 8:35:27 PM3/27/13
Of course you do Tony. The CT's need the wiggle room.

John F.

"Anthony Marsh" <anthon...@comcast.net> wrote in message

Anthony Marsh

Mar 28, 2013, 8:09:59 PM3/28/13
On 3/27/2013 8:35 PM, John Fiorentino wrote:
> Of course you do Tony. The CT's need the wiggle room.
>

> John F.

I guess my sarcasm was a little too dry for you to understand.

mainframetech

Mar 29, 2013, 9:13:11 AM3/29/13
Bud,
Thank you for pointing out that the last 2 shots were probably too
close together to be fired from the same bolt action rifle, especially
one in such bad condition as the MC...:)

Chris

timstter

Mar 30, 2013, 10:38:29 PM3/30/13
On Mar 28, 11:35 am, "John Fiorentino" <jefiorent...@optimum.net>
wrote:
> Of course you do Tony. The CT's need the wiggle room.
>
> John F.
>
> "Anthony Marsh" <anthony.ma...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> > On 3/26/2013 2:57 PM, John McAdams wrote:

> >> But they didn't all say that.

> >> He is marked as uncertain.
>
> > I suggest you mark ALL the witnesses as uncertain.
>
> >> .John
>
> >> --
> >> The Kennedy Assassination Home Page
> >>http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

LOL! Good one John!

Regards,

Tim Brennan
Sydney, Australia
*Newsgroup(s) Commentator*

*...NOT ONE of the three experts was able to strike the head or the
neck of the target EVEN ONCE.* (Emphasis added).
Mark Lane, Rush to Judgment, page 129, footnoted as: XVII 261-262.

And yet here IS WC XVII 261-262, showing hits to the head...
http://www.history-matters.com/archive/jfk/wc/wcvols/wh17/html/WH_Vol17_0144a.htm

X marks the spot where Mark Lane lied!

John McAdams

Apr 1, 2013, 10:46:08 PM4/1/13
On 26 Mar 2013 20:03:30 -0400, Anthony Marsh
From Peter Whitmey's article:

<Quote on>

According to her interview in 1988, Woodward�s immediate
recollection of hearing shots from somewhere other than the TSBD did
not sit well with the managing editor and city officials, since it
strongly suggested the possibility of more than one gunman being
involved. However, there is no evidence that it was removed in that
the microfiche copy of the page I received from the Dallas Public
Library is a five star (*****) edition. Certainly the content of her
article gave no hints of shots being fired from behind the motorcade,
except for the first being described as sounding like a firecracker,
which Miss Woodward believed had missed its target altogether. Both in
her report and during the 1988 interview, Mary was quite emphatic that
three shots had been fired, with the last shot �rapidly� following the
second.

<Quote off>

http://karws.gso.uri.edu/jfk/the_critics/Whitmey/Witness.html

So this seems to be yet another conspiracy factoid.

.John
--------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

claviger

Apr 2, 2013, 12:59:42 PM4/2/13
On Mar 26, 4:47 pm, Canuck <prwhit...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:19:58 AM UTC-7, John McAdams wrote:
> >http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/shots.htmThanks to some posts here by David Von Pein and John Reagor King, I've added several Depository witnesses. I've also reduced the number of "two location" witnesses. Some of then were not bona fide "two location" witnesses, but merely witnesses who were uncertain as between two locations. .John -- The Kennedy Assassination Home Pagehttp://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
>
> One of the most important "earwitnesses" was Mary Woodward, a reporter for
> the DMN, who was standing next to the sign on the north side of Elm, along
> with several colleagues from the paper.  None of them were interviewed by
> the WC.  You can read my article about Mary at Prof. Emeritus Ken Rahn's
> site:http://karws.gso.uri.edu/jfk/the_critics/Whitmey/Witness.html.  His
> site also
> includes an article written by Mary for the 20th anniversary published in
> an Albany, NY paper (where she lived at that time), provided to me by lawyer
> Mark Zaid, who was studying law in Albany and had met Mary. I had met
> Mark at a conference in Chicago.  It is available at:http://karws.gso.uri.edu/jfk/the_critics/Whitmey/Knickerbocker%20News....
>
> Mary was also interviewed by the mini-series "The Men Who Killed Kennedy"
> in the mid-1980s, in which she repeated her original impressions of where
> one or more shots originated.  However, in the early 1990s, a conference
> of reporters was held in Dallas, which included Mary, who by then had
> decided none of the shots came from behind her and to her right (around
> the time "JFK" came out).  But her original impression, written by her
> within a half-hour of the event (although not published until the next
> morning in the DMN), clearly indicates that she believed at least one shot
> came from the grassy knoll, consistent with the conclusions of the HSCA 16
> years later. - prwhitmey (Canuck)

But inconsistent with witnesses actually situated on or behind the Grassy
Knoll. They heard no shots from the knoll nor saw anyone with a weapon in
that area. In the photo below we can see Mary Woodward still smiling
after the second shot that wounded the President in the back. Both the
President and Governor are in distress but the crowd doesn't realize it
yet. The way Woodward is positioned her back is parallel to the front of
the TSBD and her head is turned facing the Limousine that has already
passed her by. She is looking southwest. Therefore the shots fired at the
Limousine from the 6th floor window would have come from behind her.
What we do know witnesses on top of the Grassy Knoll did not hear any
shots coming from that direction. As the motorcade proceeded down Elm
street the last shot from the 6th floor window would have come from almost
over her head. If there was an echo effect off the front of the TSBD it
may have sounded more to her right because her right ear was now turned to
the building. Whatever auricular impression Woodward had we know from
witnesses standing on the GK there were no shots fired from up there.

http://www.jfkassassinationgallery.com/displayimage.php?album=2&pos=4

mainframetech

Apr 2, 2013, 1:10:14 PM4/2/13
On Apr 1, 10:46 pm, John McAdams <john.mcad...@marquette.edu> wrote:
> On 26 Mar 2013 20:03:30 -0400, Anthony Marsh
>

> <anthony.ma...@comcast.net> wrote:
>
> >> One of the most important "earwitnesses" was Mary Woodward, a reporter for
> >> the DMN, who was standing next to the sign on the north side of Elm, along
> >> with several colleagues from the paper.  None of them were interviewed by
> >> the WC.  You can read my article about Mary at Prof. Emeritus Ken Rahn's
> >> site:http://karws.gso.uri.edu/jfk/the_critics/Whitmey/Witness.html.  His
> >> site also
> >> includes an article written by Mary for the 20th anniversary published in
> >> an Albany, NY paper (where she lived at that time), provided to me by lawyer
> >> Mark Zaid, who was studying law in Albany and had met Mary. I had met
> >> Mark at a conference in Chicago.  It is available at:
> >>http://karws.gso.uri.edu/jfk/the_critics/Whitmey/Knickerbocker%20News....
Hmm. If the last shot 'rapidly followed the second', was there
time for a bolt action rifle to be operated?

Chris

Anthony Marsh

Apr 2, 2013, 8:06:56 PM4/2/13
> According to her interview in 1988, Woodward?s immediate
> recollection of hearing shots from somewhere other than the TSBD did
> not sit well with the managing editor and city officials, since it
> strongly suggested the possibility of more than one gunman being
> involved. However, there is no evidence that it was removed in that
> the microfiche copy of the page I received from the Dallas Public
> Library is a five star (*****) edition. Certainly the content of her
> article gave no hints of shots being fired from behind the motorcade,
> except for the first being described as sounding like a firecracker,
> which Miss Woodward believed had missed its target altogether. Both in
> her report and during the 1988 interview, Mary was quite emphatic that
> three shots had been fired, with the last shot ?rapidly? following the
> second.
>
> <Quote off>
>
> http://karws.gso.uri.edu/jfk/the_critics/Whitmey/Witness.html
>
> So this seems to be yet another conspiracy factoid.

What part of that is a factoid? I have discussed this with Peter. Have you
watched her appearance at the Journalists Remember Symposium where she
said she got into trouble for saying the shot came from the grassy knoll?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TvM73IPULlg

So, I guess you think it must have been some conspiracy kook who put that
on YouTube so you can ignore it. Better yet, don't even click on it.
YouTube may be offline by the time you read this.

> .John
> --------------
> http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

claviger

Apr 2, 2013, 8:16:33 PM4/2/13
On Apr 2, 12:10 pm, mainframetech <mainframet...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Apr 1, 10:46 pm, John McAdams <john.mcad...@marquette.edu> wrote:
>

> > On 26 Mar 2013 20:03:30 -0400, Anthony Marsh
>
> > <anthony.ma...@comcast.net> wrote:
Chris,

Since there were no shots fired from the GK if there ware double shots
they must have come from somewhere else. The autopsy found only two
entrance wounds on back of the President's head and torso. So these two
wounds were caused by weapons fired from behind the Limousine. If there
were simultaneous shots then the Donahue theory must be correct. Based on
terminal ballistics LHO missed his third try but the accidental shot
struck the President. One witness claimed to see a bullet hit the
pavement at the time of the last shot.

Anthony Marsh

Apr 3, 2013, 6:14:09 PM4/3/13
Yes.

> Chris

Anthony Marsh

Apr 3, 2013, 11:37:27 PM4/3/13
Silly. Neither did Mary Woodward see the rifle. Most people did not see
the rifle in the sniper's nest.
How are Zapruder or Sitzman going to see the rifle behind them when they
are watching the limo? Zapruder said the shooter was behind him.

> after the second shot that wounded the President in the back. Both the

Most of the witnesses did not realize it was an assassination at first.

> President and Governor are in distress but the crowd doesn't realize it
> yet. The way Woodward is positioned her back is parallel to the front of
> the TSBD and her head is turned facing the Limousine that has already
> passed her by. She is looking southwest. Therefore the shots fired at the
> Limousine from the 6th floor window would have come from behind her.

Nonsense. She said "grassy knoll."

> What we do know witnesses on top of the Grassy Knoll did not hear any
> shots coming from that direction. As the motorcade proceeded down Elm
> street the last shot from the 6th floor window would have come from almost
> over her head. If there was an echo effect off the front of the TSBD it
> may have sounded more to her right because her right ear was now turned to
> the building. Whatever auricular impression Woodward had we know from
> witnesses standing on the GK there were no shots fired from up there.

So you pull out the old hackneyed echo theory. Maybe all the shots came
from the grassy knoll and the echoes made them seem to come from the TSBD.

> http://www.jfkassassinationgallery.com/displayimage.php?album=2&pos=4

Canuck

Apr 4, 2013, 7:26:40 AM4/4/13
> Actually, Mary said "...an ear-shattering noise coming from behind us and little to our right", implying it was from the knoll. - prwhitmey

John McAdams

Apr 4, 2013, 10:21:09 PM4/4/13
On 2 Apr 2013 20:06:56 -0400, Anthony Marsh
You were claiming her story was censored.

But in fact, the 5 star edition (probably the very last one) still had
the language about "behind and to the right" that the first account
did.

So you were wrong saying it was "rewritten."

.John
--------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

John McAdams

Apr 4, 2013, 10:27:40 PM4/4/13
On 2 Apr 2013 20:06:56 -0400, Anthony Marsh
She didn't say "trouble," she said "controversy."

She also said that Mark Lane lied in claiming to have talked to her.

.John
--------------
http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

Walt

Apr 5, 2013, 6:18:12 PM4/5/13
On Apr 4, 9:27 pm, John McAdams <john.mcad...@marquette.edu> wrote:
> On 2 Apr 2013 20:06:56 -0400, Anthony Marsh
>

> <anthony.ma...@comcast.net> wrote:
> >On 4/1/2013 10:46 PM, John McAdams wrote:
> >> On 26 Mar 2013 20:03:30 -0400, Anthony Marsh
When comparing Mary Woodward's newspaper article with the speech she
gave twenty years later, it's very clear that she originally knew what
her own good God given senses had delivered to her brain, but she
couldn't cope with that truth, and she has accepted the official lie,
so that she may live in peace.

> .John
> --------------http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm

Walt

Apr 5, 2013, 8:40:32 PM4/5/13
On Mar 26, 4:47 pm, Canuck <prwhit...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:19:58 AM UTC-7, John McAdams wrote:
> >http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/shots.htmThanks to some posts here by David Von Pein and John Reagor King, I've added several Depository witnesses. I've also reduced the number of "two location" witnesses. Some of then were not bona fide "two location" witnesses, but merely witnesses who were uncertain as between two locations. .John -- The Kennedy Assassination Home Pagehttp://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
>
> One of the most important "earwitnesses" was Mary Woodward, a reporter for
> the DMN, who was standing next to the sign on the north side of Elm, along
> with several colleagues from the paper.  None of them were interviewed by
> the WC.  You can read my article about Mary at Prof. Emeritus Ken Rahn's
> site:http://karws.gso.uri.edu/jfk/the_critics/Whitmey/Witness.html.  His
> site also
> includes an article written by Mary for the 20th anniversary published in
> an Albany, NY paper (where she lived at that time), provided to me by lawyer
> Mark Zaid, who was studying law in Albany and had met Mary. I had met
> Mark at a conference in Chicago.  It is available at:http://karws.gso.uri.edu/jfk/the_critics/Whitmey/Knickerbocker%20News....
>
> Mary was also interviewed by the mini-series "The Men Who Killed Kennedy"
> in the mid-1980s, in which she repeated her original impressions of where
> one or more shots originated.  However, in the early 1990s, a conference
> of reporters was held in Dallas, which included Mary, who by then had
> decided none of the shots came from behind her and to her right (around
> the time "JFK" came out).  But her original impression, written by her
> within a half-hour of the event (although not published until the next
> morning in the DMN), clearly indicates that she believed at least one shot
> came from the grassy knoll, consistent with the conclusions of the HSCA 16
> years later. - prwhitmey (Canuck)

Thank you for posting the links to Mary Woodward's story...... Naturally
I'm disappointed that she believes that her hero John Kennedy was killed
by a nut with a rusty old Mannlicher Carcano. It's very clear that she
knows that the shots she heard came from the picket fence area on the
Grassy Knoll....but has been unable to cope with the truth. Since she had
been only a few feet from JFK at the time he was murdered and had ran back
to the DMN offic and wrote an account of what she'd seen and heard, she
says in her article, that she can't understand why she wasn't called upon
by the Warren Commission to testify . If she had examined her eye
wittness account of the murder, the reason she wasn't called upon is
obvious......Her account is in direct conflict with the official lie...
Which is the shots were fired from the sixth floor of the TSBD.

Walt

Apr 5, 2013, 8:41:09 PM4/5/13
On Mar 26, 7:03 pm, Anthony Marsh <anthony.ma...@comcast.net> wrote:
> On 3/26/2013 5:47 PM, Canuck wrote:
>

> > On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:19:58 AM UTC-7, John McAdams wrote:
> >>http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/shots.htmThanks to some posts here by David Von Pein and John Reagor King, I've added several Depository witnesses. I've also reduced the number of "two location" witnesses. Some of then were not bona fide "two location" witnesses, but merely witnesses who were uncertain as between two locations. .John -- The Kennedy Assassination Home Pagehttp://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
>
> > One of the most important "earwitnesses" was Mary Woodward, a reporter for
> > the DMN, who was standing next to the sign on the north side of Elm, along
> > with several colleagues from the paper.  None of them were interviewed by
> > the WC.  You can read my article about Mary at Prof. Emeritus Ken Rahn's
> > site:http://karws.gso.uri.edu/jfk/the_critics/Whitmey/Witness.html.  His
> > site also
> > includes an article written by Mary for the 20th anniversary published in
> > an Albany, NY paper (where she lived at that time), provided to me by lawyer
> > Mark Zaid, who was studying law in Albany and had met Mary. I had met
> > Mark at a conference in Chicago.  It is available at:
> >http://karws.gso.uri.edu/jfk/the_critics/Whitmey/Knickerbocker%20News....
>
> > Mary was also interviewed by the mini-series "The Men Who Killed Kennedy"
> > in the mid-1980s, in which she repeated her original impressions of where
> > one or more shots originated.  However, in the early 1990s, a conference
> > of reporters was held in Dallas, which included Mary, who by then had
> > decided none of the shots came from behind her and to her right (around
> > the time "JFK" came out).  But her original impression, written by her
> > within a half-hour of the event (although not published until the next
> > morning in the DMN), clearly indicates that she believed at least one shot
> > came from the grassy knoll, consistent with the conclusions of the HSCA 16
> > years later. - prwhitmey (Canuck)
>
> You should also SHOW readers her original story before it was rewritten:
>
> http://the-puzzle-palace.com/Woodward_11-22-63_0001a.gif

Mary Woodward wrote: " apparently the bullets had whizzed directly over
their heads"

Mary was referring to the Newman's who she saw laying on the ground and
covering the children with their own bodies to protect them from the
flying bullets.

Anybody who knows the basics of this case knows that any bullets that
"whizzed directly over" the Newman's heads could NOT have been fired from
the TSBD, because the Newman's were standing with their children along an
imaginary line between the picket fence on the GK and JFK's Lincoln
convertible.

Walt

Apr 5, 2013, 8:41:44 PM4/5/13
On Apr 2, 11:59 am, claviger <historiae.fi...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Mar 26, 4:47 pm, Canuck <prwhit...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>

> > On Tuesday, March 26, 2013 9:19:58 AM UTC-7, John McAdams wrote:
> > >http://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/shots.htmThanksto some posts here by David Von Pein and John Reagor King, I've added several Depository witnesses. I've also reduced the number of "two location" witnesses. Some of then were not bona fide "two location" witnesses, but merely witnesses who were uncertain as between two locations. .John -- The Kennedy Assassination Home Pagehttp://mcadams.posc.mu.edu/home.htm
Lame ...very lame attempt to discredit Mary's account. You completely
neglected that she said that she saw the a young couple on the ground
protecting their children from the bullets that had "whizzed directly over
their heads". She obviously knew that the bullets had been fired from
behind the picket fence when she wrote that story only about a half hour
after the murder.

Anthony Marsh

Apr 6, 2013, 11:32:35 PM4/6/13
Directly over their heads could be from either the TSBD or the grassy
knoll. But maybe they were reacting quickly to the first shot which came
from the TSBD.

Anthony Marsh

Apr 6, 2013, 11:32:45 PM4/6/13
On 4/5/2013 8:41 PM, Walt wrote: