It's Official Folks -- Jean/Joan Davison Is Really Two Persons At Once!

David Von Pein

May 26, 2007, 1:42:24 AM5/26/07
The author of the fabulous 1983 Lee Harvey Oswald biography ("Oswald's
Game") -- Jean Davison -- has done the seeming impossible....she has split
herself into two different people!

This info comes via Vincent Bugliosi's 2007 book "RECLAIMING HISTORY", in
which Vince (in the index of the book) credits Jean under TWO different
names -- her correct name, and also under "Joan Davison".

Vince, though, has very good things to say about Jean/(Joan), and
references her/her work on several pages within the massive text. (Which I
was glad to see, because Jean's work re. Oswald deserves to be highlighted
in a book like Bugliosi's, IMO.)

So, I guess Jean can be a tad upset at being called "Joan" in the book
(but just one time; all other times Vince gets it right)...but, at the
same time, she probably will be pleased at the many references (11 in
total) she receives in Mr. B.'s book (plus CD-ROM supplemental disc).

(Well, at least he didn't call her "Gene". I guess that's something to be
thankful for...huh "Joan"?) ~wink~

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.conspiracy.jfk/msg/9c2238388f0a72c3

Jean Davison

May 26, 2007, 5:36:26 PM5/26/07
David,

Joan Davison is actually my evil twin sister. ;-)

In a book of this size and scope there are bound to be errors, and
I'm glad to be mentioned at all. (Usually it's the last name that's
misspelled, and that doesn't bother me, either.)

Jean

"David Von Pein" <davev...@aol.com> wrote in message

Anthony Marsh

May 26, 2007, 5:37:13 PM5/26/07
David Von Pein wrote:
> The author of the fabulous 1983 Lee Harvey Oswald biography ("Oswald's
> Game") -- Jean Davison -- has done the seeming impossible....she has split
> herself into two different people!

As I said before, they had no money left over for proofreading.

tomnln

May 26, 2007, 10:54:17 PM5/26/07

Does Vince tell us in his book that Jean Davison's book "Oswald's Game" is
a Novel?

David Von Pein

May 27, 2007, 7:30:10 AM5/27/07
>>> "They had no money left over for proofreading." <<<

To the contrary....there are very, very few mistakes (i.e.,
misspellings of any kind) in the book. I was impressed by that very
much.

Of course, there are bound to be a few in a 2800-page mega-tome (as
Jean said). VB misspelled Jean's first name once, and he gets Barb's
name wrong too (the multiple Ks must've messed him up). ;)

And, oddly, he calls John Hinckley "William" (twice), which is
probably the biggest mistake I've seen so far.

Mike

May 27, 2007, 11:04:54 PM5/27/07

"Jean Davison" <walter.jeff...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> David,
>
> Joan Davison is actually my evil twin sister. ;-)

I reckon it's Joan who believes that "marxist salute" nonsense; Jean would
never be so silly!<GDR>

Mike :-)

Jean Davison

May 28, 2007, 1:08:26 AM5/28/07

"Mike" <mikere...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

Jean didn't call it a "marxist salute." Joan thinks he was just
showing off his handcuffs. :)
Jean

Mike

May 28, 2007, 10:40:54 AM5/28/07

> "Mike" <mikere...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jean Davison" <walter.jeff...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>> David,
>>>
>>> Joan Davison is actually my evil twin sister. ;-)
>>>

>> I reckon it's Joan who believes that "marxist salute" nonsense; Jean
>> would
>> never be so silly!<GDR>
>>

> Jean didn't call it a "marxist salute."

<g> True.

And let's face it: if he was gonna make some kind of "clenched-fist"
signal, how come it wasn't accompanied with a "Viva Fidel!" or "down with
America!"?

And the idea that he did something similar as he lay dying is REALLY out
there. Mel Ayton has even managed to get Billy Combest seeing this in the
ambulance on the way to Parkland. Just goes to show that it's not only CT
types who have their "factoids."

Joan thinks he was just
> showing off his handcuffs. :)

Maybe Joan's not so bad after all!<BG>

Mike :-)

> Jean

Mike

May 28, 2007, 2:05:10 PM5/28/07
P.S.

I'd like to wish all the Americans here a pleasant and reflective Memorial
Day.

Mike :-)

Jean Davison

May 28, 2007, 2:16:59 PM5/28/07

> "Jean Davison" <walter.jeff...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>
>> "Mike" <mikere...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Jean Davison" <walter.jeff...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

>>> I reckon it's Joan who believes that "marxist salute" nonsense; Jean
>>> would
>>> never be so silly!<GDR>
>>>

>> Jean didn't call it a "marxist salute."
>
> <g> True.
>
> And let's face it: if he was gonna make some kind of "clenched-fist"
> signal, how come it wasn't accompanied with a "Viva Fidel!" or "down with
> America!"?

Is that a rule? Can't have one without the other?

> And the idea that he did something similar as he lay dying is REALLY out
> there. Mel Ayton has even managed to get Billy Combest seeing this in the
> ambulance on the way to Parkland. Just goes to show that it's not only CT
> types who have their "factoids."

This probably comes from Anthony Summers, who interviewed Combest in
1978 and quoted him saying, "I got right down on the floor with him, just
literally on my hands and knees. And I asked him if he would like to make
any confession, any statement in connection with the assassination of the
President. ...Several times he responded to me by shaking his head in a
definite manner...." In a footnote Summers added that Combest said
that Oswald accompanied his head-shaking with "a definite clenched-fist
salute."
(Conspiracy, 137 & 547 n. 35)

Jean

Anthony Marsh

May 28, 2007, 2:17:41 PM5/28/07
Mike wrote:
> "Jean Davison" <walter.jeff...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> "Mike" <mikere...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
>>> "Jean Davison" <walter.jeff...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

>>> I reckon it's Joan who believes that "marxist salute" nonsense; Jean
>>> would
>>> never be so silly!<GDR>
>>>
>> Jean didn't call it a "marxist salute."
>
> <g> True.
>
> And let's face it: if he was gonna make some kind of "clenched-fist"
> signal, how come it wasn't accompanied with a "Viva Fidel!" or "down with
> America!"?

It is not necessary to say something to accompany the salute. Sometimes
it is a silent protest. You might remember the 2 black runners who used
the Black Power salute at the Olympics without needing to say anything,
which was misinterpreted as a Marxist salute.

> And the idea that he did something similar as he lay dying is REALLY out
> there. Mel Ayton has even managed to get Billy Combest seeing this in the
> ambulance on the way to Parkland. Just goes to show that it's not only CT
> types who have their "factoids."
>

> Joan thinks he was just
>> showing off his handcuffs. :)
>

> Maybe Joan's not so bad after all!<BG>

Don't ask Jean. She couldn't even see the cop next to Oswald in the photo.

> Mike :-)
>

>> Jean

tomnln

May 28, 2007, 2:18:55 PM5/28/07
BOTTOM POST;

"Jean Davison" <walter.jeff...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

tomnln sees Oswald "Showing Off" his Marine Corps Ring/I D Bracelet.

Glenn Sarlitto

May 28, 2007, 9:05:56 PM5/28/07
On May 28, 1:18 pm, "tomnln" <tom...@cox.net> wrote:
> BOTTOM POST;
>
> "Jean Davison" <walter.jeffriesZAPT...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> > "Mike" <mikeremove...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
>
> >> "Jean Davison" <walter.jeffriesZAPT...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> >> I reckon it's Joan who believes that "marxist salute" nonsense; Jean
> >> would
> >> never be so silly!<GDR>
>
> > Jean didn't call it a "marxist salute." Joan thinks he was just
> > showing off his handcuffs. :)
> > Jean

Tomnln,

Regarding your....

> tomnln sees Oswald "Showing Off" his Marine Corps Ring/I D Bracelet.<

Just curious,

Do you have documentation/verification as to how/when he communicated
this observation to you?

In person? telephone? e-mail? private letter? your chat sessions?
other?

Or is thus just hearsay, as is prevelant in David Talbot's latest
book, "BROTHERS".

FORE!

GS

Mike

May 28, 2007, 9:53:29 PM5/28/07

> "Mike" <mikere...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>> "Jean Davison" <walter.jeff...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>>
>>> "Mike" <mikere...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

>>> Jean didn't call it a "marxist salute."
>>
>> <g> True.
>>
>> And let's face it: if he was gonna make some kind of "clenched-fist"
>> signal, how come it wasn't accompanied with a "Viva Fidel!" or "down with
>> America!"?
>
> Is that a rule? Can't have one without the other?

Sure, but if he wanted to show off his Marxism would it not be logical to
proclaim such verbally also? And I also seem to recall photos of him in
the handcuffs with his fists clenched at waist level; would that be a
surreptitious salute of some kind?

>> And the idea that he did something similar as he lay dying is REALLY
>> out
>> there. Mel Ayton has even managed to get Billy Combest seeing this in the
>> ambulance on the way to Parkland. Just goes to show that it's not only CT
>> types who have their "factoids."
>
> This probably comes from Anthony Summers, who interviewed Combest in
> 1978 and quoted him saying, "I got right down on the floor with him, just
> literally on my hands and knees. And I asked him if he would like to make
> any confession, any statement in connection with the assassination of the
> President. ...Several times he responded to me by shaking his head in a
> definite manner...." In a footnote Summers added that Combest said
> that Oswald accompanied his head-shaking with "a definite clenched-fist
> salute."
> (Conspiracy, 137 & 547 n. 35)

Yes, though neither he nor anyone else (to my knowledge) mentioned
anything like that at the time. Isn't it vastly more likely (if the
clenched fist thing actually occurred) that a dying man, blood pressure
plummeting from internal injuries, was actually clenching his fist/s in
agony?

Mike :-)

Mike

May 28, 2007, 9:56:54 PM5/28/07

"Anthony Marsh" <anthon...@comcast.net> wrote in message

> Mike wrote:
>> "Jean Davison" <walter.jeff...@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>> "Mike" <mikere...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

>>> Jean didn't call it a "marxist salute."
>>
>> <g> True.
>>
>> And let's face it: if he was gonna make some kind of "clenched-fist"
>> signal, how come it wasn't accompanied with a "Viva Fidel!" or "down with
>> America!"?
>>

> It is not necessary to say something to accompany the salute. Sometimes it
> is a silent protest. You might remember the 2 black runners who used the
> Black Power salute at the Olympics without needing to say anything, which
> was misinterpreted as a Marxist salute.

Yeah, but I'm not sure the comparison is valid: standing on a podium on
the infield of a crowded stadium with the Star-Spangled Banner blasting
out -- who would've heard them?

Mike :-)

Jean Davison

May 28, 2007, 11:25:38 PM5/28/07

"Anthony Marsh" <anthon...@comcast.net> wrote in message

I can not only see the cop next to Oswald in the photo, I can see
that he is not "holding him by his elbow, thus causing his arm to go up in
the air."
Jean

tomnln

May 28, 2007, 11:26:18 PM5/28/07
Look for it on my "You Asked For It" Page on my Website tomorrow.
(you're welcome)

Thanks for Asking.

"Glenn Sarlitto" <gsar...@wi.rr.com> wrote in message

tomnln

May 28, 2007, 11:26:32 PM5/28/07
How many Commies do you know that would wear a Marine Corps
Ring/I D Bracelet to his Dying Day???

"Mike" <mikere...@hotmail.co.uk> wrote in message

Anthony Marsh

May 29, 2007, 9:17:01 PM5/29/07

No, you can't. You even claimed that you could not see the cop's arm and
could not see Oswald's elbow.

Anthony Marsh

May 29, 2007, 10:38:18 PM5/29/07

The point is that a salute does not require saying anything.

> Mike :-)

Anthony Marsh

May 29, 2007, 11:20:46 PM5/29/07
Mike wrote:
> P.S.
>
> I'd like to wish all the Americans here a pleasant and reflective Memorial
> Day.
>
> Mike :-)

Thanks. And most people forget what May 29th is. No celebrations. No
parades. No memorials.

Mike

May 30, 2007, 11:41:27 AM5/30/07

> Mike wrote:
>> P.S.
>>
>> I'd like to wish all the Americans here a pleasant and reflective
>> Memorial Day.
>>
>> Mike :-)
>>

> Thanks. And most people forget what May 29th is. No celebrations. No
> parades. No memorials.

Yeah. I have to admit that I only remembered halfway through the day.

Mike :-)

Mike

May 30, 2007, 11:41:57 AM5/30/07

"Anthony Marsh" <anthon...@comcast.net> wrote in message

True. And my point is that considering Oswald's raised cuffed hands as a
salute of some kind -- or even just defiance -- is reaching. And considering
a dying man's clenched fist as something similar is absurd.

The other point that I meant to make is that a clenched-fist salute would be
made with the fingers facing forward, not laterally.

Mike :-)

Jean Davison

May 30, 2007, 7:16:19 PM5/30/07

"Anthony Marsh" <anthon...@comcast.net> wrote in message

No, I said I don't see a cop "holding him by his elbow, thus
causing his arm to go up."

http://www.dallasnews.com/photostore/dmn.jfk.8.64.html

Jean

Anthony Marsh

May 30, 2007, 10:55:06 PM5/30/07
Mike wrote:
> "Anthony Marsh" <anthon...@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> Mike wrote:
>>> P.S.
>>>
>>> I'd like to wish all the Americans here a pleasant and reflective
>>> Memorial Day.
>>>
>>> Mike :-)
>>>
>> Thanks. And most people forget what May 29th is. No celebrations. No
>> parades. No memorials.
>>

> Yeah. I have to admit that I only remembered halfway through the day.

Several years ago the Kennedy family made their wishes known in The Boston
Globe that people should commemorate the date of his birth instead of the
date of his death. So, what did the Kennedy family do yesterday which made
all the newspapers and TV? Nothing. Lead by example, not rhetoric.