The Life Aquatic / Bill Murray's epic

Will Dockery

Mar 2, 2018, 12:34:44 PM3/2/18
Bill Murray in some of the memorable moments from The Life Aquatic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPSqRmk3WSk

Yes, the red cap is cool as hell, and the beard is better with a little trim...

"But are we not men?"

Beards do grow every day on grown men living the epic.

Michael Pendragon

Mar 2, 2018, 12:45:57 PM3/2/18
On Friday, March 2, 2018 at 12:34:44 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> Bill Murray in some of the memorable moments from The Life Aquatic.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPSqRmk3WSk
>
> Yes, the red cap is cool as hell, and the beard is better with a little trim...
>
> "But are we not men?"

Interesting that you would choose this quote from H.G. Wells' "The Island of Dr. Moreau," as the speaker is not a man.

> Beards do grow every day on grown men living the epic.

Yes, and most of us either shave or keep them neatly trimmed.

Will Dockery

Mar 2, 2018, 12:50:26 PM3/2/18
Yes, I love the elder Wells, as well.

Peter J Ross wrote a poem in which his father was a Morlock.

Probably my favorite of his poems, I will admit.

😀
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Mar 3, 2018, 5:32:38 AM3/3/18
I've tried to, as have many others, to get Dave to follow through on some new looks, but he follows his own concept of how he wants to "look", and rejects suggestions like that. He doors trim and shave, but that's his look, take it or leave it.

I think the pants comments and so on are a bit silly, but that's just me, and the Braves jacket is a collector's item from their winning season in the 1990s.

The red cap is Dave's homage to Bill Murray, his favorite actor, in "The Life Aquatic".

A great film, if you haven't seen it, look for it.

😀

Will Dockery

Mar 3, 2018, 5:38:21 AM3/3/18
On Friday, March 2, 2018 at 11:43:15 AM UTC-5, Michael Pendragon wrote:

> > The red cap is Dave's homage to Bill Murray, his favorite actor, in "The Life Aquatic".
> >
> > A great film, if you haven't seen it, look for it.
>
> I googled

I did, also, here's

https://www.etsy.com/listing/123487108/bill-murray-as-steve-zissou-print-life

Description

"Bill Murray is the most epic human. That's just the way it is.

And Steve Zissou is a brilliant character in every way..."

Will Dockery

Mar 5, 2018, 12:16:32 PM3/5/18
"Michael Pendragon" wrote in message
> On Friday, March 2, 2018 at 12:34:44 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:

>> Bill Murray in some of the memorable moments from The Life Aquatic.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPSqRmk3WSk
>
> Yes, the red cap is cool as hell, and the beard is better with a little
> trim...
>
> "But are we not men?"

> Interesting that you would choose this quote from H.G. Wells' "The Island
> of Dr. Moreau," as the speaker is not a man.

Yes, that was what's called a joke.

> Beards do grow every day on grown men living the epic.

Yes, and most of us either shave or keep them neatly trimmed.

That's just it, you're judging Dave on a misrepresentation, since he does
trim and shave, or he'd have a much longer beard.

So, he doesn't match the way you want to look, that's you... and if you want
to go through life looking like Frank Sutton, so be it.

:)

Michael Pendragon

Mar 5, 2018, 12:56:33 PM3/5/18
On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 12:16:32 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> "Michael Pendragon" wrote in message
> > On Friday, March 2, 2018 at 12:34:44 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
>
> >> Bill Murray in some of the memorable moments from The Life Aquatic.
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPSqRmk3WSk
> >
> > Yes, the red cap is cool as hell, and the beard is better with a little
> > trim...
> >
> > "But are we not men?"
>
> > Interesting that you would choose this quote from H.G. Wells' "The Island
> > of Dr. Moreau," as the speaker is not a man.
>
> Yes, that was what's called a joke.

It's an odd joke in that it hints that your brother is subhuman.

> > Beards do grow every day on grown men living the epic.
>
> Yes, and most of us either shave or keep them neatly trimmed.

> That's just it, you're judging Dave on a misrepresentation, since he does
> trim and shave, or he'd have a much longer beard.

Most hair (facial or otherwise) only grows to a certain length. Dave's beard looks like it belongs to a homeless man. Dave's wardrobe looks like it belongs to a homeless man. In fact, I passed three dead ringers for Dave lying in puddles of urine on 42nd Street this morning.

> So, he doesn't match the way you want to look, that's you... and if you want
> to go through life looking like Frank Sutton, so be it.

That's my Summer look. Right now my hair is shoulder length, my face clean shaven, and I'm wearing a black suit with a black turtleneck, and black fedora.

Will Dockery

Mar 5, 2018, 1:05:33 PM3/5/18
No, I was at the famous steak house in Auburn with Brother Dave sitting across the table from me, last night. In fact, I made a post or two from there on the mobile gizmo.

Dave's mustache and some beard looked fine to me, cool, even.

It reminds me of a photograph of a person from the old West or Civil War days... and yes, probably trimmed since that photo.

So, that style doesn't meet your personal approval, Pendragon... in no way does that make his choice of look "wrong".

In my opinion.

Michael Pendragon

Mar 5, 2018, 2:18:31 PM3/5/18
Okay. That speaks volumes.

nancygene...@gmail.com

Mar 5, 2018, 2:25:05 PM3/5/18
"Dress for the job you want, not for the job you have." If people don't want a job, they dress so that no one will hire them. For the Dockery family, that seems to have worked.

Chafetz Chayim benAvraham

Mar 5, 2018, 2:31:53 PM3/5/18

> "Dress for the job you want, not for the job you have." If people don't want a job, they dress so that no one will hire them. For the Dockery family, that seems to have worked.

Shalom & Boker tov, Will...interesting that a cyberstalker liar, hiding behind an alias with her cohorts writing material, would think he knows anything about the Dockery family. He knows nothing about the working Dockery family.
STEPHAN PICKERING / חפץ ח"ם בן אברהם
Torah אלילה Yehu'di Apikores / Philologia Kabbalistica Speculativa Researcher
לחיות זמן רב ולשגשג...לעולם לא עוד
THE KABBALAH FRACTALS PROJECT

Will Dockery

Mar 5, 2018, 2:53:47 PM3/5/18
I thought so, as well.

:)

Will Dockery

Mar 5, 2018, 3:05:51 PM3/5/18
On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 2:31:53 PM UTC-5, Chafetz Chayim benAvraham wrote:

> Shalom & Boker tov, Will...interesting that a cyberstalker liar, hiding behind an alias with her cohorts writing material, would think he knows anything about the Dockery family. He knows nothing about the working Dockery family.
> STEPHAN PICKERING / חפץ ח"ם בן אברהם
> Torah אלילה Yehu'di Apikores / Philologia Kabbalistica Speculativa Researcher
> לחיות זמן רב ולשגשג...לעולם לא עוד
> THE KABBALAH FRACTALS PROJECT

Yes, this is a poetry group, there's no place for discussions of the personal life of my brother here.

Michael Pendragon

Mar 5, 2018, 3:10:39 PM3/5/18
On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 2:31:53 PM UTC-5, Chafetz Chayim benAvraham wrote:
> > "Dress for the job you want, not for the job you have." If people don't want a job, they dress so that no one will hire them. For the Dockery family, that seems to have worked.
>
> Shalom & Boker tov, Will...interesting that a cyberstalker liar, hiding behind an alias with her cohorts writing material, would think he knows anything about the Dockery family. He knows nothing about the working Dockery family.

We've all seen enough photos to recognize the Dockery family on the street. And we've all read Will's autobiography (in all of its manifestations). And we've all been made privy to Will's resume on LinkedIn. So I think it's a safe bet to say that we all have a pretty fair idea of what "the working Dockery family" works at.

Will Dockery

Mar 5, 2018, 3:19:08 PM3/5/18
You know what I allow you to know, Pen.

Most of my personal life will remain personal.

Chafetz Chayim benAvraham

Mar 5, 2018, 4:27:33 PM3/5/18
On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 12:19:08 PM UTC-8, Will Dockery wrote:
> You know what I allow you to know, Pen.
>
> Most of my personal life will remain personal.

Will, the troll knows NOTHING...that is why he is so deperately baiting you for information. NaziGene does not know either.

Michael Pendragon

Mar 5, 2018, 8:23:47 PM3/5/18
On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 3:19:08 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> You know what I allow you to know, Pen.
>
> Most of my personal life will remain personal.

Wow. Considering what details of your life you have revealed, it really makes one wonder what you're holding back.

But that's okay. Enquiring minds *don't* want to know.

Will Dockery

Mar 5, 2018, 8:41:51 PM3/5/18
On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 8:23:47 PM UTC-5, Michael Pendragon wrote:
> On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 3:19:08 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
>
> > You know what I allow you to know, Pen.
> >
> > Most of my personal life will remain personal.
>
> Wow. Considering what details of your life you have revealed, it really makes one wonder what you're holding back.

You can probably use your imagination just as easiiy.

> But that's okay. Enquiring minds *don't* want to know.

Well, that's good to know... but not everyone can make a statement such as that, Pen.

:)

Will Dockery

Mar 6, 2018, 5:55:39 AM3/6/18
The details I give are those that fall into the chronology of the Shadowville Mythos... they form the core of my art, of course.

Will Dockery

Mar 6, 2018, 6:44:09 AM3/6/18
That's why I wrote it.

:)

Will Dockery

Mar 6, 2018, 10:15:23 PM3/6/18
"Michael Pendragon" wrote in message

> Yes, and most of us either shave or keep them neatly trimmed.

You don't get out much, do you?

Wild beards are quite fashionable these days.

Michael Pendragon

Mar 6, 2018, 10:47:33 PM3/6/18
Okay. That explains it.

I thought all those guys with knit caps and unruly beards lying in what looks like a puddle of urine were ... bums. Now that I know they're "homeless chic" hipsters, I won't be so quick to walk away from them.

Will Dockery

Mar 6, 2018, 10:51:51 PM3/6/18
Okay, so you don't know what I'm talking about, Pen... I'm really not
interested in an endless argument over fashion.

Why don't we just let this one end, how my brother wears his beard and
dresses is not anyone's business, and certainly not the business of a poetry
group.

Sound like a plan?

mydemon...@gmail.com

Mar 6, 2018, 11:31:29 PM3/6/18
Fine by me. You're the one who'd started this thread (comparing your brother's outfit to Bill Murray).

Will Dockery

Mar 6, 2018, 11:34:42 PM3/6/18
On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 11:31:29 PM UTC-5, mydemon...@gmail.com wrote:

> Fine by me. You're the one who'd started this thread

No I was the one who asked you to leave the personal business and family members out of this poetry group, remember?

Usenet Editor

Mar 7, 2018, 12:31:45 AM3/7/18
And then you go starting a thread pointing out how "fashionable" your bum brother is. You're a lying, dishonest fuck. And Dave is a pissbum and supports you.

Will Dockery

Mar 7, 2018, 12:38:23 AM3/7/18
"Usenet Editor" wrote in message
> On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 11:34:42 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
>> On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 11:31:29 PM UTC-5, mydemon...@gmail.com
>> wrote:
> >
>> > Fine by me. You're the one who'd started this thread
>
>> No I was the one who asked you to leave the personal business and family
>> members out of this poetry group, remember?
>
> And then you go

<snip>

Hush now, stalking fool.

:)

Will Dockery

Mar 7, 2018, 6:30:13 AM3/7/18
Thanks, Pendragon.

I think this one has run its course.

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Mar 7, 2018, 9:37:05 AM3/7/18
Usenet Editor <usenet...@gmail.com> wrote in
Dreckster takes mooching to a whole new level. How many generations of
mooches are in that family anyway?

"I never said such an idiotic thing." - Ed demonstrates his
short-term memory loss.

drive-by

Mar 7, 2018, 9:40:24 AM3/7/18
Think pre-moonshine.

Cujo DeSockpuppet

Mar 7, 2018, 9:42:01 AM3/7/18
drive-by <blackpo...@gmail.com> wrote in

> On Wednesday, March 7, 2018 at 9:37:05 AM UTC-5, Cujo DeSockpuppet
> wrote:
>> Usenet Editor <usenet...@gmail.com> wrote in

>> > And then you go starting a thread pointing out how "fashionable"
>> > your bum brother is. You're a lying, dishonest fuck. And Dave is
>> > a pissbum and supports you.
>>
>> Dreckster takes mooching to a whole new level. How many generations
>> of mooches are in that family anyway?
>>
> Think pre-moonshine.

I was thinking somewhere around the Louisiana Purchase.

"My arguments are not defective or fallacious. Learn some logic."
- Edmo wins another argument by decree.

Will Dockery

Mar 7, 2018, 10:06:54 AM3/7/18
On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 10:47:33 PM UTC-5, Michael Pendragon wrote:
> On Tuesday, March 6, 2018 at 10:15:23 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
>
> > Wild beards are quite fashionable these days.
>
> Okay. That explains it.
>
> I thought all those guys with knit caps and unruly beards

Hipster beards:

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22hipster%22+%22beard%22&safe=off&rlz=1CASMAI_enUS742US742&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwipqtbqvdrZAhVS0GMKHT-cC_kQ_AUICigB&biw=1242&bih=572

Will Dockery

Mar 7, 2018, 12:07:54 PM3/7/18
Have you seen the movie "The Florida Project"?

Appears to be a good one.

Will Dockery

Mar 10, 2018, 6:54:06 PM3/10/18

Bill Murray in some of the memorable moments from The Life Aquatic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPSqRmk3WSk

Great soundtrack, as well.

Will Dockery

Mar 14, 2018, 4:29:48 AM3/14/18
On Monday, March 5, 2018 at 3:10:39 PM UTC-5, Michael Pendragon wrote:

> We've all seen enough photos to recognize the Dockery family on the street.

Getting back to the topic, the Bill Murray movie "he Life Aquatic with Steve Zissou", I just fund the deluxe edition from the Criterion Collection, a $40 package... for five bucks last night, and that is a blast to have on my table beside me right now as I type these immortal words.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10156386092429363&set=pcb.1603520099697329&type=3&theater&ifg=1

"The Life Aquatic is a comedy, albeit one with melancholy and morbid undertones..." -Mike D'Angelo

Will Dockery

Mar 17, 2018, 2:44:42 AM3/17/18
"drive-by" wrote in message

> Think pre-moonshine.

Think "before jerking around on the floor with seizures" for you.

Will Dockery

Mar 21, 2018, 1:12:20 PM3/21/18
I just found the soundtrack album to "The Life Aquatic" last night at Book Nook in Atlanta.

An amazing collection of sounds conveying vision, more on this later.

everett...@gmail.com

Mar 21, 2018, 6:34:49 PM3/21/18
On Friday, March 2, 2018 at 12:34:44 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> Bill Murray in some of the memorable moments from The Life Aquatic.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPSqRmk3WSk
>
> Yes, the red cap is cool as hell, and the beard is better with a little trim...
>
> "But are we not men?"
>
> Beards do grow every day on grown men living the epic.

Love any movie Bill Murray is in.....

Will Dockery

Mar 21, 2018, 8:28:03 PM3/21/18
This one is Bill Murray in top form.

Will Dockery

Mar 24, 2018, 12:49:19 PM3/24/18
> Bill Murray in some of the memorable moments from The Life Aquatic.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPSqRmk3WSk
>
> Yes, the red cap is cool as hell, and the beard is better with a little trim...
>
> "But are we not men?"
>
> Beards do grow every day on grown men living the epic.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Life_Aquatic_with_Steve_Zissou

"The film stars Bill Murray as the eponymous Steve Zissou, an eccentric oceanographer who sets out to exact revenge on the " jaguar shark" that ate his partner Esteban..."

Will Dockery

Mar 26, 2018, 5:09:56 AM3/26/18
This film was directed by Wes Anderson... who seems to be on as great a
level as Welles or Godard as a film-maker.

Will Dockery

Mar 26, 2018, 7:19:36 AM3/26/18
"Michael Pendragon" wrote in message
> > On Friday, March 2, 2018 at 12:34:44 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
>
> >> Bill Murray in some of the memorable moments from The Life Aquatic.
> >
> > https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPSqRmk3WSk
> >
> > Yes, the red cap is cool as hell, and the beard is better with a little
> > trim...
> >
> > "But are we not men?"
>
> > Interesting that you would choose this quote from H.G. Wells' "The
> > Island
> > of Dr. Moreau," as the speaker is not a man.

It was more of a Devo reference, who also contributed heavily to the
soundtrack of the film.

Michael Pendragon

Mar 26, 2018, 8:25:04 AM3/26/18
On Monday, March 26, 2018 at 5:09:56 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
> This film was directed by Wes Anderson... who seems to be on as great a
> level as Welles or Godard as a film-maker.

Of all the idiotic things you've ever said, this one takes the cake.

Will Dockery

Mar 26, 2018, 3:19:48 PM3/26/18
I only know the one film so far, but are you familiar with Wes Anderson and his other movies?

If so, a "Pendragon Rough Guide" to the films by this director would be greatly appreciated, since buying his 7-8 movies will be rather costly and time consuming.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Life_Aquatic_with_Steve_Zissou

I found an extra copy, in mint condition, of the double disc Criterion Collection version, for almost zero $$$. In other words not $39.99 list price.

As Scotty said in Star Trek: "This is exciting!"

:D

mydemon...@gmail.com

Mar 26, 2018, 3:26:54 PM3/26/18
No, I'm not familiar with his films. I've never even heard of him before.

To place him on a level with Orson Welles (film history is split between "Film before 'Citizen Kane'" and "Film after 'Citizen Kane'") is absurd.

Will Dockery

Mar 26, 2018, 6:07:39 PM3/26/18
Yes, I do know what you mean, here's Wes Anderson, though:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wes_Anderson

"Wes Anderson is regarded by many as a modern-day example of the auteur. He has received consistent praise from critics for his work, and three of his films—The Royal Tenenbaums, Moonrise Kingdom, and The Grand Budapest Hotel—appeared in BBC's 2016 poll of the greatest films since 2000..."

Will Dockery

Mar 26, 2018, 7:47:53 PM3/26/18
On Monday, March 26, 2018 at 8:25:04 AM UTC-4, Michael Pendragon wrote:
> On Monday, March 26, 2018 at 5:09:56 AM UTC-4, Will Dockery wrote:
>
> > This film was directed by Wes Anderson... who seems to be on as great a
> > level as Welles or Godard as a film-maker.
>
> Of all the

I know, I know... "modern movies", bad, bad, right?

Michael Pendragon

Mar 26, 2018, 9:01:14 PM3/26/18
Oh, okay. I've heard about "The Isle of Dogs." I mean, I'm sure it's very cute and all, and the celebrities voicing the doggies probably throw in some funny lines for the adults, but ... you're comparing *that* to Orson Welles?????

Will Dockery

Mar 27, 2018, 8:35:29 AM3/27/18
I did find a great used copy of "Lady From Shanghai" on DVD the other day,
my all time favorite Orson Welles film.

Will Dockery

Mar 30, 2018, 5:10:30 PM3/30/18
The Royal Tenenbaums... another Wes Anderson classic I just discovered.

Will Dockery

Apr 2, 2018, 3:50:24 PM4/2/18
"Michael Pendragon" wrote in message

On Friday, March 2, 2018 at 12:34:44 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> Bill Murray in some of the memorable moments from The Life Aquatic.
>
> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPSqRmk3WSk
>
> Yes, the red cap is cool as hell, and the beard is better with a little
> trim...
>
> "But are we not men?"

Interesting that you would choose this quote from H.G. Wells'

More of a Devo reference, the leader of which was the creator of the sound
track music for the film...

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Zod

Apr 19, 2022, 3:12:05 PM4/19/22
Cool back story....

W.Dockery

Apr 19, 2022, 5:15:11 PM4/19/22
Bill Murray was excellent in the film I watched last night also, "Moonrise Kingdom":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7N8wkVA4_8s

General-Zod

Apr 26, 2022, 4:35:11 PM4/26/22
I just read the news Bill Murray is having some problems this week, even had his newest film shut down.

Hopefully all will turn out fine.

W.Dockery

Apr 26, 2022, 5:35:11 PM4/26/22
I haven't heard about that yet, I'll Google it.

Zod

Apr 26, 2022, 5:45:15 PM4/26/22
https://nypost.com/2022/04/26/bill-murray-spotted-for-first-time-since-being-mortal-scandal/

******************* Bill Murray was spotted for the first time Tuesday since his “inappropriate behavior” allegedly shut down production of Aziz Ansari’s flick “Being Mortal.”

The comedic legend and SNL alumnus was nabbed racing through Los Angeles International Airport around 6 a.m. local time, cutting off more than a dozen travelers to get through security to dodge questions about the controversy.

“Mr. Murray, how are you sir?” the man filming the brief encounter is heard asking the comic.

“Sir, is there anything you can say about the ‘Being Mortal’ set being shut down?”

He reaches a line of air travelers waiting to get through security, cuts off more than a dozen people, and reaches the security checkpoint — without answering.

The actor has been mum about the halt in the movie’s production earlier this month following a bombshell allegation that he had been “touchy” with women on the set. *****************************

Will Dockery

Apr 26, 2022, 6:09:23 PM4/26/22
Thanks for the heads up, Zod.

Zod

Apr 27, 2022, 2:36:55 PM4/27/22
More of the problems of this current age of political correctness.....

Michael Pendragon

Apr 27, 2022, 2:49:16 PM4/27/22

General-Zod

Apr 27, 2022, 2:55:14 PM4/27/22
Blah, you are such a worthless troll, Voodoo Boy.....