A Certain Music / Will Dockery

Will Dockery

Jan 18, 2018, 5:07:19 PM1/18/18

through
smoke and fog
following
a certain music.

-Will Dockery
Message has been deleted

George J. Dance

Jan 22, 2018, 12:23:23 PM1/22/18
On Sunday, January 21, 2018 at 2:26:35 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> Your scrutiny of my poetry is appreciated, my friends.
>
> 😀

I was busy getting my piece ready for the Sampler, the last few days. Anyway, that's all done.

I like this poem; it's very calm, peaceful, with ordinary imagery: magnolias, Spanish moss, and old church - not at all like your norm - so it sticks out, in a good way. It would make a great ending.

I remember the question of whether to capitalize nouns coming up before, so I'll have to mention 'magnolia' shouldn't have one. OTOH 'Spanish moss' does get one.

Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Jan 22, 2018, 7:40:57 PM1/22/18
Yes, seems like "A Certain Music" might make the best final poem in the upcoming "Selected Poems" volume, eh?

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeQf31jHfMd/?taken-by=willdockery007

Liam Brooks cover art for my poetry chapbook "White Album in Negative" coming soon to a poetry reading near you in 20!8.

Will Dockery

Jan 24, 2018, 2:57:57 AM1/24/18
Okay, I had wondered where your post went, George.

Broken thread, apparently.

😀

George J. Dance

Jan 24, 2018, 4:41:22 AM1/24/18
On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 7:40:57 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 12:23:23 PM UTC-5, George J. Dance wrote:
> > On Sunday, January 21, 2018 at 2:26:35 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> >
> > > Your scrutiny of my poetry is appreciated, my friends.
> > >
> > > 😀
> >
> > I was busy getting my piece ready for the Sampler, the last few days. Anyway, that's all done.
> >
> > I like this poem; it's very calm, peaceful, with ordinary imagery: magnolias, Spanish moss, and old church - not at all like your norm - so it sticks out, in a good way. It would make a great ending.
> >
> > I remember the question of whether to capitalize nouns coming up before, so I'll have to mention 'magnolia' shouldn't have one. OTOH 'Spanish moss' does get one.
>
> Yes, seems like "A Certain Music" might make the best final poem in the upcoming "Selected Poems" volume, eh?

Yes, that would work. BTW, I've been thinking about what you were saying re the selection. I'm thinking 40 poems, with you selecting 20 and my selecting 20. What we'd need is a long list, probably a top 100 or so, from which we'd pick the shorter list. Of course, that doesn't have to be done at once, and I'd advise not doing it at once, because it's more likely one would be forgotten that way.

Of course, too, you can move any poems right onto your short list of 20; as can I. In fact, I'm moving 2 from PPB - "WD," and "ganesha girl" right onto my shortlist; with "sky song" "frayed page" on the longlist.

Except for the "WD" poems, I won't be selecting any song lyrics; but you can do so. The only firm thing I'd insist on is the quantity; once either of us has hit 20, the only way to add a poem is to take one out. That's the only way the book will be manageable.

Will Dockery

Jan 24, 2018, 9:49:45 PM1/24/18
On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 4:41:22 AM UTC-5, George J. Dance wrote:
> On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 7:40:57 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:

> > > I was busy getting my piece ready for the Sampler, the last few days. Anyway, that's all done.
> > >
> > > I like this poem; it's very calm, peaceful, with ordinary imagery: magnolias, Spanish moss, and old church - not at all like your norm - so it sticks out, in a good way. It would make a great ending.
> > >
> > > I remember the question of whether to capitalize nouns coming up before, so I'll have to mention 'magnolia' shouldn't have one. OTOH 'Spanish moss' does get one.
> >
> > Yes, seems like "A Certain Music" might make the best final poem in the upcoming "Selected Poems" volume, eh?
> >

> Yes, that would work. BTW, I've been thinking about what you were saying re the selection. I'm thinking 40 poems, with you selecting 20 and my selecting 20. What we'd need is a long list, probably a top 100 or so, from which we'd pick the shorter list. Of course, that doesn't have to be done at once, and I'd advise not doing it at once, because it's more likely one would be forgotten that way.
>
> Of course, too, you can move any poems right onto your short list of 20; as can I. In fact, I'm moving 2 from PPB - "WD," and "ganesha girl" right onto my shortlist; with "sky song" "frayed page" on the longlist.
>
> Except for the "WD" poems, I won't be selecting any song lyrics; but you can do so. The only firm thing I'd insist on is the quantity; once either of us has hit 20, the only way to add a poem is to take one out. That's the only way the book will be manageable.

I like this idea, basically, and am looking forward to see the twenty poems you select... I may not even come up wth that many, we shall see...

usenet...@gmail.com

Jan 24, 2018, 11:56:37 PM1/24/18
On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 4:41:22 AM UTC-5, George J. Dance wrote:
> On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 7:40:57 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:

> > > I was busy getting my piece ready for the Sampler, the last few days. Anyway, that's all done.
> > >
> > > I like this poem; it's very calm, peaceful, with ordinary imagery: magnolias, Spanish moss, and old church - not at all like your norm - so it sticks out, in a good way. It would make a great ending.
> > >
> > > I remember the question of whether to capitalize nouns coming up before, so I'll have to mention 'magnolia' shouldn't have one. OTOH 'Spanish moss' does get one.
> >
> > Yes, seems like "A Certain Music" might make the best final poem in the upcoming "Selected Poems" volume, eh?
> >

> Yes, that would work. BTW, I've been thinking about what you were saying re the selection. I'm thinking 40 poems, with you selecting 20

Take it to email, stoopid.

Will Dockery

Jan 25, 2018, 2:20:11 AM1/25/18
No thanks, I like it better communicating here.

michaelmalef...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2018, 8:55:58 AM1/25/18
Why?

Those of us who click on it in expectation of finding something interesting to read don't appreciate ending up with what should be your personal email to Dunce.

Why would you want to waste everyone's time in this manner?

Will Dockery

Jan 25, 2018, 9:20:04 AM1/25/18
I don't consider the discussion a waste of time, for starters.

👍

michaelmalef...@gmail.com

Jan 25, 2018, 9:59:07 AM1/25/18
On Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 9:20:04 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> I don't consider the discussion a waste of time, for starters.

It isn't ... for you and Dunce.

The rest of us have no desire to eavesdrop on the personal communications between a writer and the editor of his chapbook.

Will Dockery

Jan 25, 2018, 10:34:46 PM1/25/18
usenet troll wrote in message

> stoopid

Of course you are, you're a troll, you're expected to be an idiot.

:)

--
Poetry and songs of Will Dockery:
https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

Will Dockery

Jan 25, 2018, 11:57:21 PM1/25/18
Pendragon wrote in message
to George Dance.

Why would you want to waste everyone's time in this manner?

Exactly the way I was feeling during the grea Allen Ginsberg Flame War...
glad you worked all that out of your system, finally.

;)

usenet...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2018, 12:08:51 AM1/26/18
On Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 9:20:04 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> I don't consider the discussion a waste of time. It makes me feel important having an editor for my silly little crapbook of stupid amateur poems. It's all about me here remember

Noted

Will Dockery

Jan 26, 2018, 12:12:47 AM1/26/18
On Friday, January 26, 2018 at 12:08:51 AM UTC-5, usenet...@gmail.com wrote:

https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

> Noted

Thanks, pal.

:)

Will Dockery

Jan 26, 2018, 6:01:27 AM1/26/18
On Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 9:59:07 AM UTC-5, michaelmalef...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 9:20:04 AM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
>
> > I don't consider the discussion a waste of time, for starters.
>
> It isn't ... for you and Dance.
>
> The rest of us have no desire to eavesdrop on the personal communications between a writer and the editor of his chapbook.

It is about the poetry, don't mistake the speaker in the poem with the poet, unless the poet /asks/ you to.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BeQf31jHfMd/?taken-by=willdockery007

Liam Brooks cover art for my poetry chapbook "White Album in Negative" coming soon to a poetry reading near you in 20!8.

:)

michaelmalef...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2018, 9:49:53 AM1/26/18
Why would you want to waste everyone's time by pretending I was addressing Dunce?

George J. Dance

Jan 26, 2018, 11:38:54 AM1/26/18
On Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 9:59:07 AM UTC-5, michaelmalef...@gmail.com wrote:
Not only is that not true of the "rest of" the group, it's not even true of the Liar Twins, "Jim" and Michael," themselves.

I've been reading post after post they've been making about Will's chapbooks - and not just the poetry, even the cover art. So Will's books are obvously of great interest to them.

The likeliest explanation that "Michael" is trying to tell Will: "Stop writing to 'Dunce'" - but if he tried to phrase it that candidly, he'd get nowhere and he knows it.

Will Dockery

Jan 26, 2018, 12:04:03 PM1/26/18
Yes, I consider any discussion of my poetry chapbooks, or poetry books, zines, whatever by any other poets here, to be on topic.

michaelmalef...@gmail.com

Jan 26, 2018, 12:57:34 PM1/26/18
Too bad the discussion is between your editor and yourself.

Will Dockery

Jan 26, 2018, 1:02:00 PM1/26/18
I just asked about YOUR two poetry books, Michael.

I, and probably George, would be interested in hearing all about them, including the cover art you chose for them.

Our poetry is on topic here... in every aspect.

Post links for starters...

😀

Chafetz Chayim benAvraham

Jan 26, 2018, 1:02:18 PM1/26/18
On Friday, January 26, 2018 at 9:57:34 AM UTC-8, PaedoPs...@gmail.com wrote:

> Too bad the discussion is between your editor and yourself.

Actually, it is quite informative, considering that this troll has never written a coherent, original, non-white supremacist, sexist creation.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
STEPHAN PICKERING / חפץ ח"ם בן אברהם
Torah אלילה Yehu'di Apikores / Philologia Kabbalistica Speculativa Researcher
לחיות זמן רב ולשגשג...לעולם לא עוד
THE KABBALAH FRACTALS PROJECT

Will Dockery

Jan 27, 2018, 3:57:48 PM1/27/18
Chafetz Chayim benAvraham wrote:

> Actually, it is quite informative

Thanks, Stephan... and I feel any poetry topic is completely "on topic" here, as are discussions between poets on universal matters.

--
Poems and Songs from Will Dockery:
https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

. . .

michaelmalef...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2018, 8:37:19 PM1/27/18
On Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 3:57:48 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> Chafetz Chayim benAvraham wrote:
> >
> > Actually, it is quite informative
>
> Thanks, Stephan... and I feel any poetry topic is completely "on topic" here, as are discussions between poets on universal matters.

You do realize that a discussion about poetry is not the same thing as deciding which poems are going to end up in your chapbook?

Thought not.

Will Dockery

Jan 27, 2018, 10:21:33 PM1/27/18
It depends on the content that is brought with the discussion.

michaelmalef...@gmail.com

Jan 27, 2018, 10:45:55 PM1/27/18
In that case, you need to step up your discussion.

Chafetz Chayim benAvraham

Jan 27, 2018, 10:49:08 PM1/27/18
On Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 7:45:55 PM UTC-8, Paed...@gmail.com wrote:
>In that case, you need to step up your discussion

Everyone here knows what you are. Any discussion would transcend your bigotries.

drive-by

Jan 27, 2018, 10:59:39 PM1/27/18
He's not a coward.

Chafetz Chayim benAvraham

Jan 27, 2018, 11:05:44 PM1/27/18
On Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 7:59:39 PM UTC-8, drive-by wrote:
> On Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 10:49:08 PM UTC-5, Chafetz Chayim benAvraham wrote:
> > On Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 7:45:55 PM UTC-8, Paed...@gmail.com
> He's not a coward.

No, I'm not. I am a Tom Paine patriot. He, and you, are cowards. You and PaedoCoco are covered in genocide, the highest echelon of human cowardice. Try again, James. You are stumbling on blindness. No amount of childish tantrums from you will masque what you have done...and why you are being torn apart by never repenting for it.

Will Dockery

Jan 28, 2018, 2:07:43 AM1/28/18
On Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 10:45:55 PM UTC-5, michaelmalef...@gmail.com wrote:

> In that case, you need to step up your discussion.

True, this is really falling a bit flat, here.

:)

Chafetz Chayim benAvraham

Jan 28, 2018, 2:14:09 AM1/28/18
'Will...my revised 'I cannot forget' is here in 2 places, and at aapc facebook...the earlier rough draft, without my knowledge, was ripped away from aapc facebook, and put here earlier this p.m. (not a surprise considering the source)...no doubt, the trolls will attempt to re/build a gol'gotha / kranion here, but I have no doubt it will crumble...we shall outlive the trolls...

Will Dockery

Jan 28, 2018, 2:25:09 AM1/28/18
Oh, so that was what that was all about... I didn't ever make it all the way to the Facebook page today, but will go take a look now, to see what is happening.

lisapan...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2018, 5:52:36 AM1/28/18
On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 2:07:19 PM UTC-8, Will Dockery wrote:
> A Certain Music
>
> Sweet smell
> of Magnolia
> in the air
> as I walk
> by an old church.
>
> Under a canopy
> of Spanish moss.
>
> My memories
> like the leaves
> around me
> rustle through
> my thoughts tonight.
>
> I stroll
> with good cheer
> in this
> balmy autumn night.
>
> At peace at last
> at peace
> with the past.
>
> Let's take it down
> to a new level
> take it down
> to sea level.
>
> I walk
> through
> smoke and fog
> following
> a certain music.
>
> -Will Dockery

Enjoyed your poem! Cheers!

1dc...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2018, 7:29:25 AM1/28/18
пятница, 19 января 2018 г., 2:07:19 UTC+4 пользователь Will Dockery написал:
Poem lovely as a hobby! There is a wish to read and dream.

1dc...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2018, 7:30:15 AM1/28/18

Will Dockery

Jan 28, 2018, 12:19:33 PM1/28/18
Thanks you for reading and commenting, Lisa... and hope to see some of your own poetry here, soon, as well.

:)

--
Poetry and Songs from Will Dockery:
https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

Me

Jan 28, 2018, 1:22:12 PM1/28/18
Will, that's Olga not Lisa. You should really recall your foreign friends names.

Will Dockery

Jan 28, 2018, 1:48:13 PM1/28/18
On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 1:22:12 PM UTC-5, Me wrote:

> Will, that's Olga not Lisa. You should really recall your foreign friends names.

No, "Me", you are mistaken.

The person who wrote this message is "lisapan...", as the name shows, below.

Olga is a different person.

I could show you the difference if your ignorant opinion actually mattered, but here's the post, clearly showing Lisa wrote it:

On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 5:52:36 AM UTC-5, lisapan...@gmail.com wrote:
But thanks for your interest, anyhow.

:)

--
Poetry and Songs of Will Dockery:
https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

Will Dockery

Jan 28, 2018, 2:43:16 PM1/28/18
On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 12:23:23 PM UTC-5, George J. Dance wrote:
> On Sunday, January 21, 2018 at 2:26:35 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
>
> > Your scrutiny of my poetry is appreciated, my friends.
> >
> > 😀
>
> I was busy getting my piece ready for the Sampler, the last few days. Anyway, that's all done.
>
> I like this poem; it's very calm, peaceful, with ordinary imagery: magnolias, Spanish moss, and old church - not at all like your norm - so it sticks out, in a good way. It would make a great ending.

I think we may agree that "A Certain Music" would/will make the grade as the final piece in the upcoming "Selected Poems" volume.

> I remember the question of whether to capitalize nouns coming up before, so I'll have to mention 'magnolia' shouldn't have one. OTOH 'Spanish moss' does get one.

And, for the record, there are magnolia trees that bloom almost all through the year "until frost", as their name indicates.

What's your opinion on "Autumn" rather than "autumn"? I was taught not to capitalize the names of seasons, but am now hearing that's optional... and I do like the look of "Autumn" if that's indeed passable.

michaelmalef...@gmail.com

Jan 28, 2018, 2:55:11 PM1/28/18
On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 2:43:16 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 12:23:23 PM UTC-5, George J. Dance wrote:
> > On Sunday, January 21, 2018 at 2:26:35 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> >
> > > Your scrutiny of my poetry is appreciated, my friends.
> > >
> > > 😀
> >
> > I was busy getting my piece ready for the Sampler, the last few days. Anyway, that's all done.
> >
> > I like this poem; it's very calm, peaceful, with ordinary imagery: magnolias, Spanish moss, and old church - not at all like your norm - so it sticks out, in a good way. It would make a great ending.
>
> I think we may agree that "A Certain Music" would/will make the grade as the final piece in the upcoming "Selected Poems" volume.

Could you reveal yourself to be any more gauche?

Will Dockery

Jan 28, 2018, 3:26:18 PM1/28/18
On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 5:52:36 AM UTC-5, lisapan...@gmail.com wrote:
Thanks again, Lisa, and for those interested in sampling your artistry...

Lisa Panagos
Share Remove Fan
R&B/Soul / Pop / Electronica West Hollywood, CA:

https://www.reverbnation.com/lisapanagos

:)

ME

Jan 28, 2018, 3:44:50 PM1/28/18
Will, what have you done for anyone other than yourself lately?

Will Dockery

Jan 28, 2018, 5:56:46 PM1/28/18
On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 3:44:50 PM UTC-5, ME wrote:

> Will, what have you done for anyone other than yourself lately?

I've done dozens of charity and fundraising shows for a variety of causes, and plan to do many more. Here's one that definitely ranks in my Top Ten videos:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TJQDBg3VRk&t=79s

"Gone Too Far", written by Will Dockery, Brian Mallard & Jack Snipe. Video filmed at the World AIDS Day Benefit Concert at Cunningham Center Banquet Hall on Columbus State University. A fundraiser for World AIDS Day, hosted by Jeremy Hobbs for The Chattahoochee Valley Better Way Foundation, Inc.

:)

.

Will Dockery

Jan 28, 2018, 6:08:03 PM1/28/18
Thank you, as always, my friend Olga.

Yes, folks, this is Olga who posted here, not Lisa, who posted earlier.

:)

--
Poetry and Songs from Will Dockery:
https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

..

Will Dockery

Jan 29, 2018, 5:56:42 AM1/29/18
On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 2:55:11 PM UTC-5, michaelmalef...@gmail.com wrote:
> Will Dockery wrote:
> > George J. Dance wrote:
>
> > > I like this poem; it's very calm, peaceful, with ordinary imagery: magnolias, Spanish moss, and old church - not at all like your norm - so it sticks out, in a good way. It would make a great ending.
> >
> > I think we may agree that "A Certain Music" would/will make the grade as the final piece in the upcoming "Selected Poems" volume.
>
> Could you reveal yourself

Only to the point that the poetry requires... there are limits, and some information is personal and private business.

But you already knew that.

Will Dockery

Jan 29, 2018, 7:35:34 AM1/29/18
On Sunday, January 28, 2018 at 3:44:50 PM UTC-5, ME wrote:

> Will, what have you done for anyone other than yourself lately?

Since you asked, I've put in many years and many performances for others, veterans down on their luck, sick people looking for a cure, people persecuted for being "different", standing up to support their rights, and other causes I believe in, and support with my music and poetry shows.

For example:

I've done many performances since 2008 for the House of Heroes, with thousands of dollars raised for them from our Hogbottom benefit concerts, twice a year.

If you're not familiar with the House of Heroes, look them up.

Another ongoing benefit I've been involved in are fundraisers for World AIDS Day, hosted by Jeremy Hobbs for The Chattahoochee Valley Better Way Foundation, Inc.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9TJQDBg3VRk&t=79s

Since 2009, I've participated in benefit fundraiser shows at least twice a year, and it being also for gay rights and awareness here in the ultra conservative Deep South, I'm almost the only performer (with my comrades in the band), straight or gay, with (apparently) courage to step up and do the shows. For almost two decades, I've donated my time and talent to help others.

There have been others, such as breast cancer shows and so on, but that's enough for now... since you asked.

:)

Message has been deleted

richardca...@gmail.com

Jan 29, 2018, 2:32:19 PM1/29/18
On Thursday, January 18, 2018 at 2:07:19 PM UTC-8, Will Dockery wrote:
don't let the bastards beat you down Will, but sometimes you will just have that. mean people suck, but constructive criticism can be helpful. i wish you the best on your endeavors, and the perfection of your craft. cheers

Will Dockery

Jan 29, 2018, 3:25:27 PM1/29/18
Thank you, Richard, yes, the cyberbully wannabes here do keep pounding away, but I lost the thin skin many years ago.

--
Poetry and Songs from Will Dockery:
https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Jan 29, 2018, 3:35:48 PM1/29/18
I wrote "cyberbully wannabes", Corey.

😀

Me

Jan 29, 2018, 3:59:39 PM1/29/18
Will, you are the poster boy for trolls and cyber bullies.
You are a sad joke.

Will Dockery

Jan 29, 2018, 4:03:08 PM1/29/18
On Monday, January 29, 2018 at 3:59:39 PM UTC-5, Me wrote:

> Will, you are

Here I am, troll:

--
Poetry and Songs from Will Dockery:
https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

:)

Me

Jan 29, 2018, 4:08:21 PM1/29/18
You are a troll will. Face it. Accept it. Embrace it.

Will Dockery

Jan 29, 2018, 4:18:33 PM1/29/18
On Monday, January 29, 2018 at 4:08:21 PM UTC-5, Me wrote:

> You are

Your biggest obsession, the only reason you post here, "Me"?

We know.

Wipe that splooge off your chin and indulge that pathetic fixation you have with me:

--
Poetry and Songs from Will Dockery:
https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

:D
.

Will Dockery

Jan 29, 2018, 5:28:29 PM1/29/18
Me wrote:

> I need to call your 'friend' Jeremy Hobbs to see if you were the only one that would do his benifit for aids. You should be careful before you post.

I and my band, yes, Jeremy Hobbs is an old friend, and knows my contribution to his organization and cause for many years.

I just spoke with Jeremy today about you and he says:

"I ain't studying her."

So I suppose you're a female troll, after all.

:)

--
Poetry and Songs from Will Dockery:
https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

***

Will Dockery

Jan 30, 2018, 8:56:02 AM1/30/18
As always, great to hear from you, Olga... to Russia, with love, as the old Bond film goes.

:)

--
Poetry and Songs from Will Dockery:
https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

.

Will Dockery

Jan 30, 2018, 12:06:25 PM1/30/18
On Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 10:49:08 PM UTC-5, Chafetz Chayim benAvraham wrote:
> On Saturday, January 27, 2018 at 7:45:55 PM UTC-8, Pendragon @gmail.com wrote:
>
> >In that case, you need to step up your discussion
>
> Everyone here knows what you are. Any discussion would transcend your bigotries.

I know the accusations that were made as far back as 2003, but haven't researched these... the Dave Marsh statement which I think we have touched on here slightly with the "Pat Boone vs. Little Richard" discussion, many feel that the white P.B. ripped off the black L.R. and of course Little Richard was the writer, the creator of the songs, and Pat Boone was the cover artist, what Ayn Rand would definitely call the "Second Hander".

There was also a passing remark in response to my posts on the genocide of the Native Americans he made that, in hindsight, may have foreshadowed or been a clue in this matter,

As it stands, I say let it pass, as Pendragon has me on "ignore mode" and I don't plan to try to disrupt the blessed peace that can bring... hopefully.

:)

Will Dockery

Jan 30, 2018, 12:55:01 PM1/30/18
Bumped to the top for Robert Burrows, perhaps it will help you decide how you can best help those in need, for yourself:

Will Dockery

Jan 30, 2018, 5:56:42 PM1/30/18
On Monday, January 29, 2018 at 4:08:21 PM UTC-5, Me wrote:

> troll will

You're only here to "troll will"?

We know.

--
Poetry and Songs of Will Dockery:
https://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

..

Will Dockery

Jan 30, 2018, 10:26:37 PM1/30/18
Funny how everyone ignores the facts, preferring to spew their rumors and
lies and stories they made up.

And so it goes...

Will Dockery

Jan 31, 2018, 1:18:55 AM1/31/18
On Wednesday, January 24, 2018 at 4:41:22 AM UTC-5, George J. Dance wrote:
> On Monday, January 22, 2018 at 7:40:57 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:

> > > I was busy getting my piece ready for the Sampler, the last few days.
> > > Anyway, that's all done.
> > >
> > > I like this poem; it's very calm, peaceful, with ordinary imagery:
> > > magnolias, Spanish moss, and old church - not at all like your norm -
> > > so it sticks out, in a good way. It would make a great ending.
> > >
> > > I remember the question of whether to capitalize nouns coming up
> > > before, so I'll have to mention 'magnolia' shouldn't have one. OTOH
> > > 'Spanish moss' does get one.
> >
> > Yes, seems like "A Certain Music" might make the best final poem in the
> > upcoming "Selected Poems" volume, eh?
>
> Yes, that would work. BTW, I've been thinking about what you were saying
> re the selection. I'm thinking 40 poems, with you selecting 20

Yes, forty poems should make a nice little paperback.

:)

Will Dockery

Jan 31, 2018, 1:26:47 AM1/31/18
George J. Dance wrote:

> [...]

Thanks, George, glad the read was a good one for you.

:)

Will Dockery

Jan 31, 2018, 1:27:18 AM1/31/18
"drive-by" wrote in message

> He's not a coward.

Perhaps not, but you do seem to be quite senile, Jim.

:)

Will Dockery

Feb 3, 2018, 1:33:51 AM2/3/18
Corey wrote in message

> $$$?

Yes, I helped raise a few bucks at various benefit shows over the years, if
that's what you mean.

:)

George J. Dance

Feb 3, 2018, 7:26:13 AM2/3/18
He's become bitter and hateful in his old age, that's for sure.

Message has been deleted

George J. Dance

Feb 3, 2018, 7:50:14 AM2/3/18
On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 7:35:16 AM UTC-5, hierony...@gmail.com wrote:

> If you think he's become bitter and hateful,
> then you definitely never want to meet me.
> I make him look like a six week old puppy.

I don't think you're either one; and I don't think that's because you've put on a nice act for the group. As far as I can see, you've never put on an act.

Maybe you feel that, because of your life experiences and the thought you've put into them, you should be listened to more. I know I do. And that could be where an old person's bitterness and hatefulness can come from; I do get those feelings from reading this group now and then. But I don't let them run me; nor do I think they run you.
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Feb 3, 2018, 9:49:11 PM2/3/18
On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 8:03:31 AM UTC-5, hierony...@gmail.com wrote:

> In my most private moments,
> when I am all but consumed
> with life's detail and minutia,
> I tend to mumble to myself,
> and invariable someone says,
> 'What'd you say?' like whatever
> I'd mumbled was meant for them.

I'll sing out lines from songs as they become appropriate to a situation, but not very often.

:)

Chafetz Chayim benAvraham

Feb 3, 2018, 9:54:30 PM2/3/18
On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 5:03:31 AM UTC-8, hierony...@gmail.com wrote:
> In my most private moments,
> when I am all but consumed
> with life's detail and minutia,
> I tend to mumble to myself,
> and invariable someone says,
> 'What'd you say?' like whatever
> I'd mumbled was meant for them.

Shalom & Erev tov...it is like asking a trained assassin (of either humans at-a-distance or memory) about reality, and hearing the reply, 'sorry?'
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
STEPHAN PICKERING / חפץ ח"ם בן אברהם
Torah אלילה Yehu'di Apikores / Philologia Kabbalistica Speculativa Researcher
לחיות זמן רב ולשגשג...לעולם לא עוד
THE KABBALAH FRACTALS PROJECT
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Feb 4, 2018, 5:51:31 AM2/4/18
He numbs them to sleep with gobbledygook and gibberish rhymes.

😀

Will Dockery

Feb 4, 2018, 8:16:06 PM2/4/18
useneteditor wrote in message

> > > I was busy getting my piece ready for the Sampler, the last few days.
> > > Anyway, that's all done.
> > >
> > > I like this poem; it's very calm, peaceful, with ordinary imagery:
> > > magnolias, Spanish moss, and old church - not at all like your norm -
> > > so it sticks out, in a good way. It would make a great ending.
> > >
> > > I remember the question of whether to capitalize nouns coming up
> > > before, so I'll have to mention 'magnolia' shouldn't have one. OTOH
> > > 'Spanish moss' does get one.
> >
> > Yes, seems like "A Certain Music" might make the best final poem in the
> > upcoming "Selected Poems" volume, eh?
> >

>> Yes, that would work. BTW, I've been thinking about what you were saying
>> re the selection. I'm thinking 40 poems, with you selecting 20
>
> Take it to email

Or better yet, why don't you just ignore and skip the post?

Oh, right, you're an ignorant troll.

Will Dockery

Feb 4, 2018, 9:12:06 PM2/4/18
Corey wrote in message

> $$$?

A benefit concert?

Sure, if the cause is right.

drive-by

Feb 4, 2018, 9:14:09 PM2/4/18
Narcissistic personality disorder
Symptoms & causes
Diagnosis & treatment
Print
Overview

Narcissistic personality disorder — one of several types of personality disorders — is a mental condition in which people have an inflated sense of their own importance, a deep need for excessive attention and admiration, troubled relationships, and a lack of empathy for others. But behind this mask of extreme confidence lies a fragile self-esteem that's vulnerable to the slightest criticism.

A narcissistic personality disorder causes problems in many areas of life, such as relationships, work, school or financial affairs. People with narcissistic personality disorder may be generally unhappy and disappointed when they're not given the special favors or admiration they believe they deserve. They may find their relationships unfulfilling, and others may not enjoy being around them.

Treatment for narcissistic personality disorder centers around talk therapy (psychotherapy).

Symptoms

Signs and symptoms of narcissistic personality disorder and the severity of symptoms vary. People with the disorder can:

Have an exaggerated sense of self-importance
Have a sense of entitlement and require constant, excessive admiration
Expect to be recognized as superior even without achievements that warrant it
Exaggerate achievements and talents
Be preoccupied with fantasies about success, power, brilliance, beauty or the perfect mate
Believe they are superior and can only associate with equally special people
Monopolize conversations and belittle or look down on people they perceive as inferior
Expect special favors and unquestioning compliance with their expectations
Take advantage of others to get what they want
Have an inability or unwillingness to recognize the needs and feelings of others
Be envious of others and believe others envy them
Behave in an arrogant or haughty manner, coming across as conceited, boastful and pretentious
Insist on having the best of everything — for instance, the best car or office
At the same time, people with narcissistic personality disorder have trouble handling anything they perceive as criticism, and they can:

Become impatient or angry when they don't receive special treatment
Have significant interpersonal problems and easily feel slighted
React with rage or contempt and try to belittle the other person to make themselves appear superior
Have difficulty regulating emotions and behavior
Experience major problems dealing with stress and adapting to change
Feel depressed and moody because they fall short of perfection
Have secret feelings of insecurity, shame, vulnerability and humiliation
When to see a doctor

People with narcissistic personality disorder may not want to think that anything could be wrong, so they may be unlikely to seek treatment. If they do seek treatment, it's more likely to be for symptoms of depression, drug or alcohol use, or another mental health problem. But perceived insults to self-esteem may make it difficult to accept and follow through with treatment.

If you recognize aspects of your personality that are common to narcissistic personality disorder or you're feeling overwhelmed by sadness, consider reaching out to a trusted doctor or mental health provider. Getting the right treatment can help make your life more rewarding and enjoyable.

Request an Appointment at Mayo Clinic
Causes

It's not known what causes narcissistic personality disorder. As with personality development and with other mental health disorders, the cause of narcissistic personality disorder is likely complex. Narcissistic personality disorder may be linked to:

Environment ― mismatches in parent-child relationships with either excessive adoration or excessive criticism that is poorly attuned to the child's experience
Genetics ― inherited characteristics
Neurobiology — the connection between the brain and behavior and thinking
Risk factors

Narcissistic personality disorder affects more males than females, and it often begins in the teens or early adulthood. Keep in mind that, although some children may show traits of narcissism, this may simply be typical of their age and doesn't mean they'll go on to develop narcissistic personality disorder.

Although the cause of narcissistic personality disorder isn't known, some researchers think that in biologically vulnerable children, parenting styles that are overprotective or neglectful may have an impact. Genetics and neurobiology also may play a role in development of narcissistic personality disorder.

Complications

Complications of narcissistic personality disorder, and other conditions that can occur along with it, can include:

Relationship difficulties
Problems at work or school
Depression and anxiety
Physical health problems
Drug or alcohol misuse
Suicidal thoughts or behavior
Prevention

Chafetz Chayim benAvraham

Feb 4, 2018, 9:24:34 PM2/4/18
On Sunday, February 4, 2018 at 6:14:09 PM UTC-8, drive-by wrote:
> On Sunday, February 4, 2018 at 9:12:06 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:

James...I am not surprised you have discovered a self-diagnosis. Since voluntary euthanasia will not be a karmic solution for you (although there are some here for whom it is an option, I am quite convinced), then you need not 'medications', but crisis intervention from a non-natz'ri/'christian' 'therapist'. Since this is 2018, and (unfortunately for you) not 1933-1945, you are in no position to act out your phantasies toward me nor my people, or toward Will, then I suggest you seek assistance. You are being consumed, on one level, by the memory of your victims staring into your eyes as you shot them to death...in actuality, or in your already twisted imagination. You are a coward.

drive-by

Feb 4, 2018, 9:25:46 PM2/4/18
On Sunday, February 4, 2018 at 9:24:34 PM UTC-5, Chafetz Chayim benAvraham wrote:

Will Dockery

Feb 4, 2018, 9:29:00 PM2/4/18
useneteditor wrote in message

> Take it

No thanks.

:)

Will Dockery

Feb 4, 2018, 9:34:42 PM2/4/18
"Chafetz Chayim benAvraham" wrote in message
> On Saturday, February 3, 2018 at 5:03:31 AM UTC-8, hierony...@gmail.com
> wrote:
>
> In my most private moments,
> when I am all but consumed
> with life's detail and minutia,
> I tend to mumble to myself,
> and invariable someone says,
> 'What'd you say?' like whatever
> I'd mumbled was meant for them.

Shalom & Erev tov...it is like asking a trained assassin (of either humans
at-a-distance or memory) about reality, and hearing the reply, 'sorry?'

Regrets, he may have a few?

Will Dockery

Feb 4, 2018, 10:18:40 PM2/4/18
Lisa wrote in message
Enjoyed your poem! Cheers!

Thanks again, Lisa...

Great to see that someone here is here for the poetry.

:)

Will Dockery

Feb 5, 2018, 12:12:27 AM2/5/18
Richard Callahan wrote in message
> don't let the bastards beat you down Will, but sometimes you will just
> have that. mean people suck, but constructive criticism can be helpful.
> i wish > you the best on your endeavors, and the perfection of your craft.
> cheers

Thank you, Richard.

Will Dockery

Feb 6, 2018, 1:14:20 PM2/6/18
And fwiw, you two guys have run the string theory of this poetry group longer than any others here, George Dance and J. Corey Connor.

Corey, you seem to have come on the group around the same time I did, around 2001, although my poetry was being posted here by an Editor" long before, around 1995.

George, if my memory serves me well, you came on here around 2007.

Long before most others here, who have been here three years or so, at most.

:)

Will Dockery

Feb 7, 2018, 9:42:39 AM2/7/18
Not to leave out Richard Oakley, who seems to have been a regular even before Corey and myself.

1999 was it. Richard?

Brooke

Feb 7, 2018, 7:34:32 PM2/7/18
On Monday, January 29, 2018 at 3:25:27 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> On Monday, January 29, 2018 at 2:32:19 PM UTC-5, richardca...@gmail.com wrote:
> I lost the thin skin many years ago.

That's why you have to response 2-3 times at least to every post that hurts your widdle feelings. Face it, whatever thin skin you had is now fat skin to match your fat head, belly, etc., Will Flubbery.

drive-by

Feb 7, 2018, 7:41:46 PM2/7/18
He has answers 10/15 year old posts...odd man..

usenet...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2018, 1:45:52 AM2/8/18
Will Dockery is a certified nutcase and award-winning kook. I'd expect no less from him than to carry on a decades-old conversation with himself while everyone points and laughs.

Will Dockery

Feb 8, 2018, 1:51:00 PM2/8/18
"Brooke" wrote in message
There are no posting rules here "Brooke", you of all people, as an anonymous
and malicious troll, should know that.

Will Dockery

Feb 8, 2018, 2:18:09 PM2/8/18
> Will Dockery is

Your biggest and most desperate fantasy obsession?

We know.

michaelmalef...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2018, 2:23:10 PM2/8/18
You're right insofar as there are no hard and fast rules. However ... your posts (including various factors like the frequency of your posts) are going to directly influence how other members of the group perceive you.

Judging from the bulk of comments to, and about, you over the past 10-plus years, that perception hasn't been a very positive one. Repeated responses to your own posts are one of the reasons why.

Will Dockery

Feb 8, 2018, 2:34:15 PM2/8/18
Well, if I have something to say here, Pendragon, by God I intend to say it.

:)

michaelmalef...@gmail.com

Feb 8, 2018, 2:50:04 PM2/8/18
On Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 2:34:15 PM UTC-5, Will Dockery wrote:
> Well, if I have something to say here, Pendragon, by God I intend to say it.

There's making a fool of yourself on usenet.

There's making a big fool of yourself on usenet.

There's making a gargantuan fool of yourself on usenet.

And then there's making a Dockery-sized fool of yourself on usenet.

Time to consider scaling back a bit.

Will Dockery

Feb 8, 2018, 3:08:33 PM2/8/18
Michael, your knowledge of montage, and so on, I can learn from and
appreciate... your opinion of my Usenet posting style, not so much.

:)

Chafetz Chayim benAvraham

Feb 8, 2018, 3:17:55 PM2/8/18
On Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 11:50:04 AM UTC-8, Paed...@gmail.com wrote:

> Time to consider scaling back a bit.

Shalom & Boker tov...and it is time for you to silence yourself. Perhaps, it would be useful to repost musicologist Dave Marsh's devastating rebuttal to your nonsensense.

Will Dockery

Feb 8, 2018, 3:20:59 PM2/8/18
Hello Stephan, I wondered where you were today...

:)

Chafetz Chayim benAvraham

Feb 8, 2018, 3:32:00 PM2/8/18
On Thursday, February 8, 2018 at 12:20:59 PM UTC-8, Will Dockery wrote:
> Hello Stephan, I wondered where you were today...
>
> :)

Will: Mina Loy scholar (for decades) Roger Conover has been helping me today making 'links', and I'm writing new pages on her for my RENALDO & CLARA chapter. In 1975, Tony Scaduto informed me of one colour photograph of a Mina Loy painting Norman Raeben had shown to 'Bob Dylan' in 1974. I've posted a reproduction of it for you at Facebook. I check some of the diatribes against you here -- predictable nonsense, and continuing outright lying about the Hebrew document they have never seen (and I am under no obligation to share it in their bigotries sandbox). You are being misinformed about 'montage' by someone who knows nothing about it. Rona Cran has done a delight book on the subject.
STEPHAN PICKERING / חפץ ח"ם בן אברהם

monei...@comcast.net

Feb 9, 2018, 1:04:31 PM2/9/18

monei...@comcast.net

Feb 9, 2018, 1:06:41 PM2/9/18
I LOVE this poem. I think this is my favorite from your collection!! I love the analogies and the calmness it evokes. Music has that effect on us...so beautiful! great job, Will!
It is loading more messages.