Re: Contest

Message has been deleted

qwerty...@gmail.com

Feb 27, 2013, 6:58:48 AM2/27/13
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:23:01 AM UTC-5, Hieronymous House wrote:
> Not enough entries, or even interest apparently, to hold the kind of heads up contest I had in mind. Instead, here are the three valid entries received, one right after the other. If interested, pick the one you like most, or least, and explain why. The poem that attracts the most constructive comments will be considered the winner, by me. You can do whatever the fuck you want, call whoever you want whatever you want. I'm done with this shit. Thanks.
>

> My Child
>

> Morning dew soaks bare feet
>
> Walking in early hours of dawn
>
> Honeysuckle sweet

The dangling modifier, I don't know if the feet are sweet or dawn. I suppose the feet.

> And birds summer song
>
> Fills the air

and the cliche's start

> A child again out on the lawn

Dammit child. How many times have I told you to keep of the lawn! A child /again/ out on the lawn.

> Down in the clover and daffodils

On the lawn?

> Looking for fairies
>
> They must be real

The "child-like" list is getting boring.

> Climbing up high
>
> In the Chinaberry tree

This is the best line in the poem.

> White linen billows on a fair breeze

"white linen" so cliche it should be a perfume. Never mind. It is a perfume.
Anything would be better. "crisp sheets", w/e.

"fair breeze" is so weak it is losing an arm wrestling contest with Stephen Hawking.

> Nighttime falls and fireflies fly

"Nighttime falls". "Fire flies fly"? what else? Are they firing as well?

> We dance with the moon

Sadly, dance with the moon was a great original image back in the year ~800-100 ad when it appeared in Beowulf.

> And the stars in the sky

Yes they are. Yes they are indeed.

> ---
>

> Another entry for your approval...

My approval is forthcoming.

> Gypsy Tramp
>

> Gypsy Tramp
>
> Vagabond soul
>
> Staying warm by the campfire coals
>
> Many miles to travel

This is a borrowed image so I hope it receives a fresh original development.

> Freedom road

000h, we could turn it into a Bruce Springsteen song!!!

> Gypsy girl is going home

or a John Mills movie!

> From the Berlin Wall

They have surprisingly different images of vagabonds and Gypsies in Berlin. Sadly, this author has never been there.

> To the Golden Gates
>
> Getting home
>
> She anticipates
>
> Hanging up her walking shoes

cliche

> Guitar in hand
>
> She sings the blues

Could she play me a Janis Joplin song please?

> ---
>

> Here it is... hope the style doesn't give it away...
>

> Problems at Salisbury Fair
>

> Silver badged shadow boxing lady cop,

weird, but I will take what I can get

> she carries a gun.

many cops do.

> She sits at the piano with a song

shadowboxing with her gun at a piano?

> tight as a nun.

hrmm . . .

> We face our reflections

Wait!! What happened to our lady cop?

> in the city of fishbowls.
>
> Smoking with a journalist
>
> over by the window.
>
> Shakes her Dickinson hair

What happened to "we"? and the cop at a piano? the one that was tight as a nun?

> Strolling by Salisbury Fair.

> She quietly turns and runs,

from the journalist? Does she drop the cigarette? What happened to us? And the piano?

> from a silly basement bar.

The bar at Salisbury fair?

the logic train is so bad here I cant continue.

I guess if I had to choose between the three I would pick number 1. I might re-write it like this:

Morning bear soaks his feet
in honeysuckle dew;
Chases fairies on the lawn
then lazily spins
and collapses with a yawn.

In the crisp sheets
of nighttime clover breeze
he climbs the Chinaberry tree
and paws a playful pause
at fireflies that dance like stars.

Or something along those lines.

Regards
-H
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 7:56:24 AM2/27/13
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:46:13 AM UTC-5, qwerty...@gmail.com wrote:

<snipped for focus>

> sadly, I get so tired this time of day I almost missed this.

What time is it in Aberdeen?

Is it really 7:46:13 AM?
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 8:02:19 AM2/27/13
Hieronymous House wrote:

> It's still early. The contest wasn't even supposed to start until tomorrow. George couldn't be bothered to submit his entry to the right email address, so his entry was disqualified to be fair, and Will didn't get his entry in until late last night. I bet you can't guess which one is his. He really stretched on this one; covered his tracks; stepped out of character; tried to write a poem for the sake of writing a poem rather than what people usually perceive as his fixation on himself and the fact that he wrote it. Thanks. So far, so good.

I vote that you include George in the contest.
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 8:08:06 AM2/27/13
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:23:01 AM UTC-5, Hieronymous House wrote:

> Gypsy Tramp
>

> Gypsy Tramp
>
> Vagabond soul
>
> Staying warm by the campfire coals
>
> Many miles to travel
>
> Freedom road
>
> Gypsy girl is going home
>
> From the Berlin Wall
>
> To the Golden Gates
>
> Getting home
>
> She anticipates
>
> Hanging up her walking shoes
>
> Guitar in hand
>
> She sings the blues

Okay, I vote for the second one because it covers the most things I like a poem to do, most of all it tells an entertaining visual story.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 8:20:16 AM2/27/13
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:04:35 AM UTC-5, qwerty...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:51:37 AM UTC-5, Hieronymous House wrote:
>
> > It's still early. The contest wasn't even supposed to start until tomorrow. George couldn't be bothered to submit his entry to the right email address, so his entry was disqualified to be fair, and Will didn't get his entry in until late last night. I bet you can't guess which one is his. He really stretched on this one; covered his tracks; stepped out of character; tried to write a poem for the sake of writing a poem rather than what people usually perceive as his fixation on himself and the fact that he wrote it. Thanks. So far, so good.
>
> I would say he wrote the third one. THe logic train is so bad, I assumed it was him.

The third one is definitely the weakest of the three, and since it comes in at exactly 32 lines, I have a /feeling/ at least 15 lines were cut at the last minute to fit the rules and make the deadline, and that "Problems at Salisbury" might return in a more polished form in the near future,

Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 8:28:12 AM2/27/13
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:12:00 AM UTC-5, Hieronymous House wrote:
> 8:02 AM Will Dockery
> George sent his entry to my gmail address rather than the one specifically listed in rule 8. I responded in group and in email, requesting that he submit his entry to the proper address n compliance with the rules. For whatever reason, he chose not to, which is certainly his prerogative. The contest is about advancing discussion of the poetry which is why it was supposed to be anonymous. George expressed himself, and his poem is posted. Consider it on its > merits, and comment or not as you deem appropriate.

Okay, I think I read George's poem and if so i wouldn't have pucked it as the best anyhow, so my vote remains for the second poem.

It was close between first and second but the second had a slight edge in that it gave me more of what I appreciate as a reader in poetry such as visuals and plot and not as "sentimental" as the first poem.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 9:00:45 AM2/27/13
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:30:16 AM UTC-5, Hieronymous House wrote:
> I have a /feeling/
>
> Feeling? Woah, woah, woah.

Yeah, that's why I put it in the Hammes Slant.

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 9:03:23 AM2/27/13
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 8:40:20 AM UTC-5, Hieronymous House wrote:
> 8:36 AMqwerty...@gmail.com

> Never been to Aberdeen.

It was a joke, a small one, true.

A bit funnier because there's an Aberdeen in almost every time zone.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 9:15:14 AM2/27/13
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 9:09:36 AM UTC-5, Hieronymous House wrote:
> 9:00 AMWill Dockery
> Yeah, I guess I should've guessed that's what you meant.

Well, I'm aware how much quotation marks hurt your feelings.

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 9:18:38 AM2/27/13
Hieronymous House wrote:

> It reads a bit differently when
>
> Aberdeen is within earshot.

Sure makes the discussion of Horatio coming over to watch television seem possible.

Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 10:03:50 AM2/27/13
qwerty wrote:

> > My Child
>
> > Morning dew soaks bare feet
> > Walking in early hours of dawn
> > Honeysuckle sweet
>
> The dangling modifier, I don't know if the feet are sweet or dawn.

I would guess the /dew/ is sweet, which then sweetens the feet.

Everybody knows the dawn doesn't come in flavors.

Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 11:07:55 AM2/27/13
qwerty wrote:

> > Problems at Salisbury Fair
>
> > Silver badged shadow boxing lady cop,
>
> weird, but I will take what I can get
>
> > she carries a gun.
>
> many cops do.
>

> > She sits at the piano with a song
>
> shadowboxing with her gun at a piano?
>
> > tight as a nun.
>
> hrmm . . .
>
> > We face our reflections
>
> Wait!! What happened to our lady cop?
>
> > in the city of fishbowls.
> > Smoking with a journalist
> > over by the window.
> > Shakes her Dickinson hair
>
> What happened to "we"? and the cop at a piano? the one that was tight as a nun?

My guess is the lady cop went undercover as part of a sting operation.

Hopefully in the rewrites the poet will make this better understood.

> > Strolling by Salisbury Fair.
>
> > She quietly turns and runs,
>
> from the journalist? Does she drop the cigarette? What happened to us? And the piano?

Seems to me the piano is still downstairs in the "silly" bar.

> > from a silly basement bar.
>
> The bar at Salisbury fair?

Some Possible Footnotes for "Problems at Salisbury Fair":

1) Where did the lady cop go?

http://blekko.com/ws/?source=topix&q=prostitution+sting+%2Ftopix.com

2) Angie Dickinson hair:

http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art47384.asp

3) Salisbury Fair:

http://cdm.sos.state.ga.us:2011/cdm/singleitem/collection/vg2/id/10430/rec/5
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 2:08:40 PM2/27/13

"Hieronymous House" <hierony...@gmail.com> wrote in message
> My guess is the lady cop went undercover as part of a sting operation.
> Hopefully in the rewrites the poet will make this better understood.
>
> Why We by Hieronymous House
>
> I simply can't see why we don't call the cops.
> These rhymes may be crimes! I sure don't have the chops!
> I'm not erudite, so why fight interdiction?
> All I've got is nerve. I deserve the conviction
> I'd get, and might yet, if I don't simply stop.
> Or at least the police could apply a 'Chop-Chop!'
> to hurry me, scurrying off to some woods
> where wondering words were once whispered, and good
> friends to the end were once made as I played with
> my words, having heard what star can be made with.
> All stars have the same little name at their core, see?
> Like Corey is mine. That's the end of my story,
> and I'm sticking to it. Now, do it some justice
> as if such a gifted wordsmith knew it was this
> that would, as it should, convince you of the truth.
> I wish I could dish it like this in my youth.
> http://hieronymous707.blogspot.com/2012/02/gold-mining.html

I'd vote for it.

Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 3:36:13 PM2/27/13
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 3:23:03 PM UTC-5, Hieronymous House wrote:
> Will,
>
> Do me a big flavor. You've got the connections with Butch and whatever. See what it would cost me to get a small exhibit space at Doo-Nanny for the purpose of selling Angel and Jeanie's charm bracelets down there. I could do it myself, but i'd rather keep you in the loop because I think it could benefit both of us. Get back to me ASAP. Thanks.

Jeeze, man, I'm pretty sure all the main, "official" booths are booked by now, and have been for a while, but I haven't looked for sure.

I'm almost certain we could find a spot to "sublet" a small area within, possibly, Phil Cheney, Rob Seven or the Lassiter movie house exhibits, between one of them and you... I'll nose around the site though and see for sure if all the booth areas are definitely booked.

--
Shadowville Speedway CD on Artemis Records:
http://www.artemisrecords.net/dockery.html

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 4:29:01 PM2/27/13
Hieronymous House wrote:

> Whatever. It's on you now. If you want to make it happen, it'll happen. If not, oh well.

Well, if I'm too late to get it in this year we'll have a head start on next year... as a matter of fact, since you brought Doo-Nanny up, it looks like I may not even have a slot for the Shadowville All-Stars this year. I didn't get any notice from anyone confirming us, which usually it set way before now.

I'll go look around the Doo-Nanny site to see if there's some chance there's any slots open, and look for a status on the music schedule for myself, as well.

What would you think of setting up at Hogbottom, instead? I have a solid booking there and so will be able to bring it about more easily at this point.

Dave will want a percentage of the sales for the House of Heroes, but I think you're okay with that idea?
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 4:57:25 PM2/27/13
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 4:34:19 PM UTC-5, Hieronymous House wrote:
> If you can set it up, set it up.
>
> I need details ASAP, dates,
>
> times, cost for booth space,
>
> local hotels etc. Tell Dave of
>
> course I got HoH covered. I'm
>
> a vet. WTF.

Okay, very first detail is Hogbottom is the weekend of Saturday April 27th, which is about eight weeks away I was informed a few days ago.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hogbottom/306961334065

Hotel for sure, no way you'll want to set up a tent and camp there? As far as closest hotels, those two where you stayed for Doo-Nanny will once again be closest, since Hogbottom is very much the same direction and area as Doo-Nanny except in Fort Mitchell rather than Seale, so you take a right turn on Highway 165 rather than straight down.

I'll email Dave today about this, and meet with him and Tommy a.s.a.p. and I'm sure that Dave will love to have y'all on deck with us, and I already know everybody that you already know will be looking forward to seeing you again.

Excelsior!
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 5:33:40 PM2/27/13
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 5:18:21 PM UTC-5, Hieronymous House wrote:
> 4:57 PMWill Dockery
>
> Okay, very first detail is Hogbottom is the weekend of Saturday April 27th, which is about eight weeks away I was informed a few days ago.
>
> So you're eliminating Doo-Nanny right off the bat, I'm guessing because it's such late notice. That's fine. Don't post any FB links. If you can't describe what you're talking about clearly here, don't bother sending me somewhere else. Yes, hotel for sure. I'm coming with two hot chicks who don't camp or tent. Get the name of the place at least. Details. Details. Details.

Doo-Nanny might not work unless there's a booth somehow available, as you know, Phil, Rob and the others are so busy doing their thing I reckon it wouldn't work well to intrude on theri spaces... they might be polite and even agree, but it might be too pushy.

Let's go with Hogbottom and get with Doo-Nanny way early for 2014, which will roll around much quicker than I, and maybe you ever expect...

Do you want to stay at the same hotel as before or do you want me to send you other ideas on that?

If the Days Inn (more details coming) you were at last time was comfortable and so on, it or the Hampton Inn right next to it will be the closest to Hogbottom.

By the way, did you receive a poem submission from Jamie Free? I think he may have sent his poem in too late if it wasn't one of those in the contest.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 5:53:07 PM2/27/13
Peter J Ross wrote:

> you'll never write a good poem.

You forgot to add "in my opinion", which is all you can really offer here, PJR.

Thanks, anyhow, for reading and commenting.

--
Music & poetry from Will Dockery & The Shadowville All-Stars:
http://www.reverbnation.com/willdockery

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 5:55:38 PM2/27/13
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 5:43:55 PM UTC-5, Hieronymous House wrote:
> 5:33 PMWill Dockery
>
> Doo-Nanny might work. be pushy. Let's go. other ideas?
>
> Jamie Free too late

Doo-Nanny might very well work, all you'd need is room for a table, more or less, right?

Jamie Free may be joining us... if it doesn't look too vicious here for him!
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

George Dance

Feb 27, 2013, 6:10:36 PM2/27/13
On Feb 27, 8:12 am, Hieronymous House <hieronymous...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> 8:02 AMWill Dockery
>
> Hieronymous House wrote:
>
> > It's still early. The contest wasn't even supposed to start until tomorrow. George couldn't be bothered to submit his entry to the right email address, so his entry was disqualified to be fair, and Will didn't get his entry in until late last night. I bet you can't guess which one is his. He really stretched on this one; covered his tracks; stepped out of character; tried to write a poem for the sake of writing a poem rather than what people usually perceive as his fixation on himself and the fact that he wrote it. Thanks. So far, so good.
>
> I vote that you include George in the contest.
>
> George sent his entry to my gmail address rather than the one specifically listed in rule 8.

Your rule 8, and all your rules, are buried in the thread. I'd suggest
that you (1) flag them, like you did with the deadline post, by
changing the header; and (2) give the preferred e-mail address in the
post announcing the deadline.

I'd also suggest that you not announce who's in and who's out of the
contest, as it's playing with the blind review aspect which I find to
be far and away its most attractive feature.

> I responded in group and in email, requesting that he submit his entry to the proper address > in compliance with the rules. For whatever reason, he chose not to, which is certainly his > prerogative.

I'd already checked both group and email for the night, that's all. I
did stay on email until I got your initial acknowledgement of receipt,
which didn't mention any problems; and then bot busy on other things,
unaware that there was one.

> The contest is about advancing discussion of the poetry which is why it was supposed to be anonymous. George expressed himself, and his poem is posted.

I hope not; I didn't post it. When I read your e-mail today, my first
thought was, "Oh, OK; I can post it in March"; which I can if there is
a March contest, unless my effort was posted.

> Consider it on its merits, and comment or not as you deem appropriate.

I disagree with Will's suggestion that you can be outvoted over your
decisions on enforcing your rules, on any matter. I do hope I get to
play in March, with that or something else; I'm fine with that.

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 6:12:54 PM2/27/13
qwerty wrote:

> If you did write a poem now

I'll be writing one soon, not much time today, Wednesdays are for recording and rehersals, and I have enough written for that at the moment.
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 6:20:54 PM2/27/13
Hieronymous House wrote:
> 5:55 PM Will Dockery

> Doo-Nanny might very well work, all you'd need is room for a table, more or less, right?
>
> Will, I was in the tradeshow and exhibit business for about half your life time. I know people everywhere, and hundreds of people who will swear to you that nobody knows more about the ins and outs of the exhibit business than me. That's just a fact. All I need is a space and somebody down there to toot the horn a little. I'll make everything else work.

I'll get with Dave about space at Hogbottom and then put you two together.

If you need anything else let me know.
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

George Dance

Feb 27, 2013, 6:30:12 PM2/27/13
On Feb 27, 6:17 pm, Hieronymous House <hieronymous...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> SHUT THE FUCK UP, GEORGE. POINT MADE. CONTEST OVER. YOU LOSE.

Amazing. You not only disqualified my entry, without letting me know;
but you deliberately posted it elsewhere without my permission, so
that it would be ineligible in the future.

> BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME.

If I submit that poem next time, you'll just disqualify it again;
right?

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 6:32:21 PM2/27/13
Either way Corey wants to do it is really okay, I just thought excluding you was counterproductive.

Either way, I'm just not a rules lover or a big fan of the antics of control freaks.

--
She Came From Overseas
https://soundcloud.com/genewoolfolkjr/she-came-from-overseas

George Dance

Feb 27, 2013, 6:37:43 PM2/27/13
On Feb 27, 6:34 pm, Hieronymous House <hieronymous...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> 6:30 PMGeorge Dance
>

> THINK, GEORGE.

Oh, I did. Why do you think I didn't vote?

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 6:39:16 PM2/27/13
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:30:12 PM UTC-5, George Dance wrote:
> On Feb 27, 6:17 pm, Hieronymous House <hieronymous...@gmail.com>
>
> wrote:
>
> > SHUT THE FUCK UP, GEORGE. POINT MADE. CONTEST OVER. YOU LOSE.
>
> Amazing. You not only disqualified my entry, without letting me know;
>
> but you deliberately posted it elsewhere without my permission, so
>
> that it would be ineligible in the future.
>
> > BETTER LUCK NEXT TIME.
>
> If I submit that poem next time, you'll just disqualify it again;
>
> right?

Like I said...
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 6:53:39 PM2/27/13
Peter J Ross wrote:
> Will Dockery wrote:
>> qwerty wrote:
>
> >> If you did write a poem now
>
> > I'll be writing one soon,
>
> Really?

Sure, I wrote one last night, also.

--
Shadowville Speedway CD on Artemis Records:
http://www.artemisrecords.net/dockery.html

George Dance

Feb 27, 2013, 6:58:45 PM2/27/13
On Feb 27, 6:32 pm, Will Dockery <will.dock...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:10:36 PM UTC-5, George Dance wrote:
>
> > > I vote that you include George in the contest.
>

> > Your rule 8, and all your rules, are buried in the thread. I'd suggest
> > that you (1) flag them, like you did with the deadline post, by
> > changing the header; and (2) give the preferred e-mail address in the
> > post announcing the deadline.
>
> > I'd also suggest that you not announce who's in and who's out of the
>
> > contest, as it's playing with the blind review aspect which I find to
>
> > be far and away its most attractive feature.
>
> > > I responded in group and in email, requesting that he submit his entry to the proper address > in compliance with the rules. For whatever reason, he chose not to, which is certainly his > prerogative.
>
> > I'd already checked both group and email for the night, that's all. I
>
> > did stay on email until I got your initial acknowledgement of receipt,
>
> > which didn't mention any problems; and then bot busy on other things,
>
> > unaware that there was one.
>
> > > The contest is about advancing discussion of the poetry which is why it was supposed to be anonymous. George expressed himself, and his poem is posted.
>
> > I hope not; I didn't post it. When I read your e-mail today, my first
>
> > thought was, "Oh, OK; I can post it in March"; which I can if there is
>
> > a March contest, unless my effort was posted.
>
> > > Consider it on its merits, and comment or not as you deem appropriate.
>
> > I disagree with Will's suggestion that you can be outvoted over your
>
> > decisions on enforcing your rules, on any matter. I do hope I get to
> > play in March, with that or something else; I'm fine with that.
>
> Either way Corey wants to do it is really okay, I just thought excluding you was counterproductive.

Sure. If I were complaining that a contest was one entry short, (and
wasn't supposed to begin until tomorrow anyway), I might have accepted
entries submitted to the wrong address; at least, I'd have told anyone
submitting them what the right address was, and given them a
reasonable time period to to do so. But it's his call; no one has to
join his contest if they don't want to.

> Either way, I'm just not a rules lover or a big fan of the antics of control freaks.

Well, I wasn't too happy, but I consoled myself with the thought I
could resubmit the same piece in March. Then I found that he'd ensured
that I couldn't, by posting my poem elsewhere, which changes things
somewhat.

> --
> She Came From Overseashttps://soundcloud.com/genewoolfolkjr/she-came-from-overseas

Message has been deleted

George Dance

Feb 27, 2013, 7:02:31 PM2/27/13
On Feb 27, 5:38 pm, qwertyh123...@gmail.com wrote:
> On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 4:59:03 PM UTC-5, Peter J Ross wrote:
> > In alt.arts.poetry.comments on Wed, 27 Feb 2013 07:03:50 -0800 (PST),
>
> > Will Dockery <will.dock...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > > Everybody knows the dawn doesn't come in flavors.
>
> > This, even more than stupidity, narcissism and illiteracy, is why
>
> > you'll never write a good poem.
>
> > Incidentally, I've decided to smack you around for a while instead of
>
> > boring old Dunce. Enjoy!
>
> This might be a good idea.  I don't know what you did to George but it looks like the damage is permanent.
>
> You are pretty much all he talks about.
>
> Regards
> -H

Actually, his name seldom comes up when he or his meat puppets aren't
trolling here. Of course there's no way you could know that.

Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 6:58:32 PM2/27/13
Peter J Ross wrote:

> You'll never write a good poem

Thanks for giving your opinion, PJR, as little as it means to me, or to
anyone else.
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 7:10:36 PM2/27/13
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 6:58:45 PM UTC-5, George Dance wrote:
> On Feb 27, 6:32 pm, Will Dockery wrote:
>
> > Either way Corey wants to do it is really okay, I just thought excluding
> > you was counterproductive.
>
> Sure. If I were complaining that a contest was one entry short, (and
>
> wasn't supposed to begin until tomorrow anyway), I might have accepted
>
> entries submitted to the wrong address; at least, I'd have told anyone
>
> submitting them what the right address was, and given them a
>
> reasonable time period to to do so. But it's his call; no one has to
>
> join his contest if they don't want to.
>
> > Either way, I'm just not a rules lover or a big fan of the antics of
> > control freaks.
>
> Well, I wasn't too happy, but I consoled myself with the thought I
>
> could resubmit the same piece in March. Then I found that he'd ensured
>
> that I couldn't, by posting my poem elsewhere, which changes things
>
> somewhat.

From the looks of Corey's comments at the start of this thread, I could
assume there won't be a second part.

George Dance

Feb 27, 2013, 7:20:55 PM2/27/13
On Feb 27, 7:05 pm, qwertyh123...@gmail.com wrote:
> Please to be posting more homages to owner while you spin and dance.  Afterwards, his master command s you to perform on your lute.

Jesus Blacklips Christ, your flames are almost as bad as your
doggerel.

Message has been deleted

Chuck Lysaght

Feb 27, 2013, 7:31:00 PM2/27/13
Pete is whining again.

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 7:32:57 PM2/27/13
qwerty wrote:

> Please to be posting more homages to your owner while you spin and dance. Afterwards, his master command s you to perform on your lute.

Good Lord, don't tell me you're just another pathetic PJR slurper.

--
She Came From Overseas / Will Dockery
https://soundcloud.com/genewoolfolkjr/she-came-from-overseas

George Dance

Feb 27, 2013, 7:37:16 PM2/27/13
On Feb 27, 6:50 pm, Hieronymous House <hirunnymouse...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> 6:37 PMGeorge Dance
> I don't care whether you vote or not. I mean think it all the way through. You're not stupid. You play chess. You understand chess strategy. Think ahead. Not one move at a time. See the whole board. Think, George, think. Seriously, think. Walk it out. Take your time. That's mate, mate! Everybody wins!

Ok. Notice I didn't say I wouldn't vote, either; I just didn't think
it was a good idea for me to do so tonight. How late will you keep
voting open, BTW? I hope it's more than a day.

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 7:28:39 PM2/27/13
Peter J Ross wrote:

> Why didn't you post it?

Check around, you'll find it.

Comment and critiques are welcome, as always.
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 7:50:25 PM2/27/13
On Wednesday, February 27, 2013 7:37:16 PM UTC-5, George Dance wrote:
> On Feb 27, 6:50 pm, Hieronymous House wrote:
>> 6:37 PM George Dance
>
> > > THINK, GEORGE.
>

> > Oh, I did. Why do you think I didn't vote?
>

> > I don't care whether you vote or not. I mean think it all the way through. You're not stupid. You play chess. You understand chess strategy. Think ahead. Not one move at a time. See the whole board. Think, George, think. Seriously, think. Walk it out. Take your time. That's mate, mate! Everybody wins!
>

> Ok. Notice I didn't say I wouldn't vote, either; I just didn't think
>
> it was a good idea for me to do so tonight. How late will you keep
>
> voting open, BTW? I hope it's more than a day.

Whew... I'm starting to think it wasn't even worth the trouble.

George Dance

Feb 27, 2013, 7:51:35 PM2/27/13
On Feb 27, 7:47 pm, Hieronymous House <hirunnymouse...@gmail.com>
wrote:
> 7:37 PMGeorge Dance
>
> Ok. Notice
>
> I notice a lot. I read better
> than I write, and I write well.
> I do both professionally.

Did you notice that I asked you how long voting would remain open? In
case you didn't, I'll repeat the question: How long will voting remain
open?
Message has been deleted
Message has been deleted

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 8:12:04 PM2/27/13
George Dance wrote:

> Did you notice that I asked you how long voting would remain open? In
>
> case you didn't, I'll repeat the question: How long will voting remain
>
> open?

Good question.

Chuck Lysaght

Feb 27, 2013, 8:12:30 PM2/27/13
Pete's back, Will. Apparently he can't multitask while kooking out.

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 8:14:09 PM2/27/13
Peter J Ross wrote:

> Actually, if I'm going to be smacking

Smacking, drooling and sniffing at the same time?

You do have talent, after all, PJR!

Will Dockery

Feb 27, 2013, 8:15:09 PM2/27/13
Peter J Ross wrote: