To the Mountains

Carolyn W.

Mar 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/20/00
i'm going on a loooong vacation/"sabbatical" with my boyfriend starting
tomorrow, to the mountains to swim in lakes and write, write, write
(and read). there's no computer access where i'll be as far as i
know--but i am gonna unplug myself and stay away from all things
"terminal," so i wanted to say "catch ya on the flipside" and etc.
thanks for all. will be back, i'm sure.

-carolyn
--
Free audio & video emails, greeting cards and forums
Talkway - http://www.talkway.com - Talk more ways (sm)

debi at work

Mar 20, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/20/00
Have a wonderful time...sounds lovely...cold though are those mountain
lakes.

debi z

Carolyn W. <caroly...@yahoo.com> wrote in article
<xdeB4.55485$Mg.7...@c01read03-admin.service.talkway.com>...

Jim Sheard

Mar 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/21/00
On Mon, 20 Mar 2000 00:25:01 GMT, "Carolyn W."
<caroly...@yahoo.com> wrote:

>i'm going on a loooong vacation/"sabbatical" with my boyfriend starting
>tomorrow, to the mountains to swim in lakes and write, write, write
>(and read). there's no computer access where i'll be as far as i
>know--but i am gonna unplug myself and stay away from all things
>"terminal," so i wanted to say "catch ya on the flipside" and etc.
>thanks for all. will be back, i'm sure.
>
>-carolyn

Too late to say goodbye for now, Carolyn, but here it is anyway (for
that sneaky trip to a 'nearby' Net Cafe).

Whenever I suggest 'digital detox' to friends who write and do artwork
("Let's go somewhere for a week, armed with pencil and paper only!",
that sort of thing), I get only uncomprehending stares and twitches,
especially from the graphic artists.

Mind you, poets use expensive hardware to run Notepad, whilst they use
expensive hardware to run Lightwave, so perhaps it's understandable.

Jim

Morfydd

Mar 21, 2000, 3:00:00 AM3/21/00
Sorry to piggy back Jim