You cannot trust nobody....

The Starmaker

Jun 13, 2007, 7:14:01 PM6/13/07
New Filing – ‘Heroes’

Clifton Mallery v. NBC Universal. A husband-and-wife artist duo claims NBC writers illegally
copied their work on an episode of the television series “Heroes.”

Where does it say NBC writers cannot steal somebody elses work? How else are they gonna come up with ideas??

New Filing – ‘Weeds’

Adam Willens v. Jenji Kohan. An executive assistant claims his
former employer stole his idea for the television show “Weeds.”

Where else are television employers going to steal ideas from?

New Filing -- Exit Zero

Butler v. Wimmer. Writer sues collaborator who allegedly took unfinished,
co-written script, reworked it and sold it for own benefit.

You cannot trust nobody, ...not even your buddy buddy co-writer!!!
These people are evil inside...

New Filing -- Spy Hard

Chalk v. Neilsen. Writers say the film "Spy Hard" is based on idea they presented to Leslie Neilsen.

Why do they bother to sue? Just break legs...

I cannot imagine John Gotti suing just because somebody owes him money....

Come on you people, stop with this "suing" business...I want to see dead television employers,
dead NBC writers on the streets of Hollywood...

We got garbage men to pick that stuff up off the streets!

The Starmaker

New Filing – ‘Barefoot’

Steven Zotnowski v. Til Schweiger Entertainment. A screenwriter claims filmmakers owe him
for his original screenplay for the movie “Barefoot.”

New Filing – ‘Exit 38’

Eduardo Carrillo v. Star Energy Productions. A writer-director claims Star Energy
and an executive producer refused to pay him for script rewrites for the horror movie “Exit 38.”

Can you imagine if somebody *refused* to pay Me money owed!!?! That would just make my day! Life couldn't be more fun.
I'd be thinking, "Which collection techniques should I use, gun to the head, hang him from a window of a tall building....?"

I should get into the Collection business, my services are desperately needed!

New Filing -- Burt Reynolds

CBS v. Reynolds. CBS sues actor over allegedly unrepaid portion of $4 million loan.

I have a policy, I don't collect from actors...he should be suing them, ...for anything!

David Johnston

Jun 13, 2007, 7:49:42 PM6/13/07
On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 23:14:01 GMT, The Starmaker
<star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>New Filing – ‘Heroes’
>
>Clifton Mallery v. NBC Universal. A husband-and-wife artist duo claims NBC writers illegally
> copied their work on an episode of the television series “Heroes.”
>

>Where does it say NBC writers cannot steal somebody elses work? How else are they gonna come up with ideas??

Your assumption that every plagiarism lawsuit is justified is dubious.

The Starmaker

Jun 13, 2007, 8:04:03 PM6/13/07

I live in the United States, here you are guilty until proven innocent...

Roseb44170

Jun 14, 2007, 12:25:37 AM6/14/07
On Jun 13, 7:14 pm, The Starmaker <starma...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
> New Filing - 'Heroes'

> Clifton Mallery v. NBC Universal. A husband-and-wife artist duo claims NBC writers illegally
> copied their work on an episode of the television series "Heroes."
>
> Where does it say NBC writers cannot steal somebody elses work? How else are they gonna come up with ideas??
>
> New Filing - 'Weeds'

> Adam Willens v. Jenji Kohan. An executive assistant claims his
> former employer stole his idea for the television show "Weeds."
>
> Where else are television employers going to steal ideas from?
>
> New Filing -- Exit Zero
>
> Butler v. Wimmer. Writer sues collaborator who allegedly took unfinished,
> co-written script, reworked it and sold it for own benefit.
>
> You cannot trust nobody, ...not even your buddy buddy co-writer!!!
> These people are evil inside...
>
> New Filing -- Spy Hard
>
> Chalk v. Neilsen. Writers say the film "Spy Hard" is based on idea they presented to Leslie Neilsen.
>
> Why do they bother to sue? Just break legs...
>
> I cannot imagine John Gotti suing just because somebody owes him money....
>
> Come on you people, stop with this "suing" business...I want to see dead television employers,
> dead NBC writers on the streets of Hollywood...
>
> We got garbage men to pick that stuff up off the streets!
>
> The Starmaker
>
> New Filing - 'Barefoot'

> Steven Zotnowski v. Til Schweiger Entertainment. A screenwriter claims filmmakers owe him
> for his original screenplay for the movie "Barefoot."
>
> New Filing - 'Exit 38'

> Eduardo Carrillo v. Star Energy Productions. A writer-director claims Star Energy
> and an executive producer refused to pay him for script rewrites for the horror movie "Exit 38."
>
> Can you imagine if somebody *refused* to pay Me money owed!!?! That would just make my day! Life couldn't be more fun.
> I'd be thinking, "Which collection techniques should I use, gun to the head, hang him from a window of a tall building....?"
>
> I should get into the Collection business, my services are desperately needed!
>
> New Filing -- Burt Reynolds
>
> CBS v. Reynolds. CBS sues actor over allegedly unrepaid portion of $4 million loan.
>
> I have a policy, I don't collect from actors...he should be suing them, ...for anything!

This reminds me of something Oprah said in that she couldn't read
books that people submitted to her - something about avoiding possible
plagarism lawsuits...

Rose
Working From Home Blog
http://roseb44170.blogspot.com

The Starmaker

Jun 14, 2007, 1:31:49 PM6/14/07

The way to avoid plagarism and copyright infringement is not to steal! But that system doesn't work
in the entertainment business because plagarism and copyright infringement is their bread and butter.

Besides, this post is just an *update* on my usenet newsletter, "That Practically Never Happens"...

http://groups.google.com/group/alt.acting/msg/f960953c6e4214d4?&q=that+practiacally+never+happens+starmaker

Backdraft Ruling
Burns, Zoll v. Imagine Films, MCA, Universal. Two Buffalo firefighters
who say significant parts of their screenplays wound up in "Backdraft"
appear to have won a default judgment on liability based on defendants'
"willful bad faith" and failure to produce documents. Ruling WD New
York. Full Story Art New Filing August 1996
Golan Says Wrongly Fired From Film Co.
Producer says he was wrongly fired, manhandled from office, defamed and
bilked of credit and fee; says deft.'s lawyer then refused to draft
settlement unless hired to produce Golan's next film Full Story Film
New Filing August 1999
New File – Niss
Niss v. 1,200 cable companies. Son of author of "Pendulum," who in
related action is claiming ownership, seeks class status for cablers who
rebroadcast HBO showing of the movie; he notes that defendants are
indemnified by HBO. New Filing SD New York. Full Story Film New
Filing July 2000
New Filing – “Clockstoppers”
Santa Fe Entertainment v. Paramount Pictures. The owners of a motion
picture screenplay “It’s About Time” claim that Paramount Pictures
copied without authorization all aspects of their script in its creation
of the film “Clockstoppers.” New Filing CD California. Full Story Film
New Filing June 2003
New Filing – “Freakshow”
Nick Griffin, Mike Ferrucci v. Miramax Film Corp. The authors of a
horror film screenplay entitled “Freakshow” claim that Miramax’s 2002
film, “Halloween Resurrection” copied without authorization creative
elements from the screenplay. New Filing CD California. Full Story
Film New Filing May 2003
New Filing – “Gang of Roses”
Lite Stone Entertainment v. DEJ Productions, Roses and Guns Productions,
et al. The owner of the motion picture screenplay “Jessie’s Girl” claims
the producers of the movie “Gang of Roses” copied the plot and
characters of the screenplay to create their movie. New Filing CD
California. Full Story Film New Filing January 2004
New Filing - “Ota Benga” Rights
Roland Films v. Schwab. Indie film company seeks to enforce option on
screenplay “Ota Benga” after disagreement with writer about whether the
option expired or was extended. New Filing SD New York. Full Story
Film New Filing January 2002
New Filing – “The Quest”
Dux v. Van Damme. Martial arts expert says action star didn’t pay agreed
fee for consulting, creating the story for “The Quest.” New Filing LA
Superior. Full Story Film New Filing April 1997
New Filing – “The Red Door”
Saffron v. Praxis. Producer says he has not been paid his fee or given
his credit for film based on the screenplay “The Red Door.” New Filing
CD California. Full Story Film New Filing February 2002
New Filing – “X-Men” Book
David Hayter v. Twentieth Century Fox, Newmarket Press. Screenwriter
claims Twentieth Century Fox and Newmarket Press failed to ensure that
he received credit for his contributions to the motion picture “X-Men 2”
in a book published about the film. New Filing CD California. Full
Story Film New Filing June 2003
New Filing – Agent 008
Carlos Jackson v. Various Universal execs. Man claims he dropped earlier
lawsuit against Universal based on promises by execs to help his career,
develop his "Agent 008" script, but execs allegedly reneged. New Filing
LA Superior. Full Story Film New Filing August 2000
New Filing – Air Bud
Mendelson, Tamasy v. Malvan Productions, Keystone Entertainment. Writers
of “Air Bud” and its sequel allege they have not received the “net
profits” they were promised and have been cut out of third “Air Bud”
film. New Filing LA Superior. Full Story Film New Filing April 2001
New Filing – Air Bud
Barry Perelman Enterprises v. Keystone. Producer says film company dealt
him out of deal to make "Air Bud." New Filing LA Superior. Full Story
Film New Filing January 1998
New Filing – Alpha Dog
Initial Entertainment v. Nicholas Cassavetes. Film company says writer
hired to help with movie “Alpha Dog” has asserted ownership interest in
the screenplay. New Filing LA Superior. Full Story Film New Filing
December 2004
New Filing – Artist Management
Alcon v. AMG. Film production company wants refund of money it spent on
rights to inspiring true story of integrated 1955 Alabama Little League
team after learning that the story was not true. New Filing LA Superior.
Full Story Film New Filing June 2002
New Filing – Asylum
Schwartz v. Sealskin. Scriptwriter says his former partner took a
jointly written screenplay for “Asylum” and sold it as his own. New
Filing LA Superior. Full Story Film New Filing December 1996
New Filing – Barbershop
MGM v. Mark Brown, Beauty Shop LLC. Lawsuit filed over “Beauty Shop,”
allegedly an unauthorized spin-off from the “Barbershop franchise.” New
Filing CD California. Full Story Film New Filing January 2004
New Filing – Castle Rock
Morris, Richert v. Castle Rock, Sorkin, WGA. Two writers who say their
treatment was the basis of “The American President” and who sought
writer credits allege that the Writers Guild fouled up their challenge
and wrongly waived their rights. New Filing SD New York. Full Story
Film New Filing November 2001
New Filing – Clive Cussler
Clive Cussler v. Crusader Entertainment. Author says production company
has failed to recognize his contractually-required approval rights over
screenplay adaptation of one of his novels, and anyway is taking too
long about it. New Filing LA Superior. Full Story Film New Filing
February 2004
New Filing -- Crimson Tide
Waid v. Disney. Former USN sub captain says his script was the basis for
Crimson Tide. New Filing LA Superior. Full Story Film New Filing
September 1996
New Filing – Dadon
David Dadon v. Avi Lerner, et al. Producers says he helped get "The
Replicant" off the ground, but didn't get his $150,000 or producer
credit. New Filing LA Superior. Full Story Film New Filing July 2000
New Filing – Dante’s Peak
Hines, Jones v. Universal. Two writers say the script for “Dante’s Peak
“ was copied from a script they submitted in 1995. New Filing CD
California. Full Story Film New Filing March 1997
New Filing – Don Juan Demarco
Laskay v. New Line, American Zoetrope. Writer who bought English
language rights to "Man Facing Southeast" says studios stole concept and
script. New Filing LA Superior. Removal CD California. Full Story Film
New Filing May 1997
New Filing – Drumline
Darryl Lassiter v. Fox. Writer says “Drumline” was copied from his
movie, “Pay the Price,” about Black college marching bands. New Filing
SD New York. Full Story

New Filing – Drumline
Darryl D. Lassiter, 2 Believers Productions, et al. v. Twentieth Century
Fox Films, Fox Entertainment Group. Screenwriter claims that studios
copied several elements from his screenplay and movie “Pay the Price” to
create the motion picture “Drumline.” New Filing SD New York. Full
Story Film New Filing September 2004
New Filing – End Game
Sean Connery v. Peter Guber, Mandalay Pictures. Actor alleges production
company promised him $17 million to be in film “End Game” and kept
stringing him along even when they could not finance the film in order
to maintain the appearance of viability. New Filing LA Superior. Full
Story Film New Filing October 2002

New Filing -- Exit Zero
Butler v. Wimmer. Writer sues collaborator who allegedly took
unfinished, co-written script, reworked it and sold it for own benefit.

New Filing LA Superior. Full Story Film New Filing November 1996
New Filing – Film Script
Michael Fry v. Estate of Sagan. Writer says he pitched script to son of
Carl Sagan, who sold similar script to 20th Century Fox. New Filing CD
California. Full Story Film New Filing April 1997
New Filing – Frequency
Selby v. New Line, Emmerich. Writer claims film "Frequency" is
substantially similar to his screenplay "Doubletime." New Filing CD
California. Full Story Film New Filing April 2000
New Filing – Harry Shearer
Bernhard/Robson v. Rosenfeld, Meyer & Susman. Producer files malpractice
case saying firm botched negotiations and then arbitration with Harry
Shearer over comedy script. New Filing LA Superior. Full Story Film
New Filing July 1998
New Filing – Have Gun Will Travel
Paladin V. Time Warner. Producers allege Warner reneged on deal to do
"Have Gun Will Travel" movie. New Filing LA Superior. Full Story Film
New Filing April 1999
New Filing – Hearsay
Hearsay v. World International. Defendant may have had right to take
over production of film “Hearsay,” but has so changed the content as to
have infringed on the copyright, suit alleges. New Filing CD California.
Full Story Film New Filing August 2001
New Filing – Howard Hughes
Charles Evans v. New Line Cinema. Producer says he worked years on movie
about billionaire Howard Hughes, only to get cut out of the deal. New
Filing LA Superior. Full Story Film New Filing February 2001
New Filing – Jackson Pollack
Ruth Kligman v. Pollack Film, Ed Harris, et al. Artist and lover of the
late Jackson Pollack alleges that makers of the movie "Pollack" stole
from her memoir/screenplay. New Filing SD New York. Full Story Film
New Filing October 2000
New Filing -- Kushner Locke
Chapin v. Kushner-Locke. Writer says KL fraudulently induced him to sign
away his rights to a script called "Cutthroat." New Filing LA Superior.
Full Story Film New Filing September 1996
New filing – Lancit
AsIs, Lancit v. Prospero Entertainment. Plaintiffs was declaration that
they, not defendant, are owners of exclusive screenplay and film rights
to the Lois Lowry book “The Giver.” New Filing CD California. Full
Story Film New Filing July 2001
New Filing – League of Extraordinary Gentlemen
Martin Poll, Larry Cohen v. Fox. Producer and writer claim $100 million
in damages after studio allegedly copies their screenplay to create the
2003 film, “League of Extraordinary Gentlemen.” New Filing CD
California. Full Story Film New Filing November 2003
New Filing – Man Facing Southeast
Jason Laskay v. MCA/Universal. Screenwriter claims “K-Pax” was copied
from screenplay he owns, “Man Facing Southeast.” New Filing CD
California. Full Story Film New Filing January 2002
New Filing – Maximum Risk
Bloom v. Ferguson. Screenwriter accuses writer of “Maximum Risk” of
plagiarising from his script, “Chain Reaction.” New Filing LA Superior.
Full Story Film New Filing April 1997
New Filing – McKenzie
Margaret McKenzie v. Paramount et al. The film “Lucky Numbers” infringes
on the plaintiff’s screenplay “Money Trouble,” suit alleges. New Filing
SD Florida. Full Story Film New Filing April 2001
New Filing – Mike Myers
Universal v. Mike Myers. Studio says actor agreed to do film based on
his comic character "Dieter," demanded more money and points after the
success of "The Spy Who Shagged Me," spent millions, then decided
against doing the movie. New Filing LA Superior. Full Story Film New
Filing June 2000
New Filing - Mimic
Glenn Willis v. Disney. Among other similarities, three-year gestation
period for giant cockroaches is evidence Disney copied script submitted
with internship application in making "Mimic," writer alleges. Full
Story Film New Filing December 1999
New Filing -- Money Train
Masters v. Sony. A writer says the movie "Money Train" is based on the
screenplay Sony optioned from him in 1988. New Filing LA Superior. Full
Story Film New Filing October 1996
New Filing - My Best Friend's Wedding
Barbara Friedkin v. The Cartel Group. Woman says she wrote first draft
of "My Best Friend's Wedding," in part because she had agreed to marry a
college sweetheart if not married by 40, but was dumped from project.
Full Story Film New Filing December 1999
New Filing -- New Line "Easy Woman"
Worth v. New Line. Producer sues New Line for allegedly reneging on deal
to pay him to make the film "Easy Woman." New Filing LA Superior. Full
Story Film New Filing September 1996
New Filing – Northern Ireland
O’Connor v. DreamWorks. Producer says comedy “An Everlasting Piece” was
smothered by studio, at the behest of the British government, “in
indirect support of that government’s military and political occupation
of the North of Ireland.” New Filing CD California. Full Story Film
New Filing May 2001
New Filing – Notting Hill
Nick Villiers v. Eric Fellner et al. Writer says long-time friend and
producer used his ideas for a movie to be called "Cheeks" as part of the
hit "Notting Hill." New Filing LA Superior. Full Story Film New
Filing October 2000
New Filing – Open Range
Howard Dratch v. Craig Storper, Kevin Costner, Buena Vista Pictures.
Producer says he worked for two years on the film “Open Range,” but was
cut out of his promised role once the project got going. New Filing LA
Superior. Full Story Film New Filing October 2002
New Filing – Organ Donor
Katz, Brooks v. Schneider, Schneider. Writers allege actor and his
brother promised to market their script “The Organ Donor” but marketed a
different, but similar project. New Filing LA Superior Court. Full Story

New Filing -- Pearl Harbor
Gary Compton v. Disney, Bruckheimer, Bay et al. Author says “Pearl
Harbor” infringes on his romantic screenplay “Pearl Harbor Love.” New
Filing CD California. Full Story Film New Filing June 2004
New Filing – Personals
Carol Gun v. Michael Sargent. Woman says man brought her in to make
contacts and raise money for film project "Personals" but never paid her
or gave her a role in the project as promised. New Filing NY Supreme.
Full Story Film New Filing February 1999
New Filing – Pink Panther
Richlin v. MGM. The heirs of a co-creator of “The Pink Panther” are
seeking to establish ownership rights to half the copyright upon the
film, its story, and characters. New Filing CD California. Full Story
Film New Filing November 2004
New Filing – Pinocchio
Pinocchio II Productions v. Sneller. Defendant's campaign of letters
claiming rescission of rights to "New Adventure of Pinocchio" screenplay
is interfering with exploitation of film. New Filing CD California. Full
Story Film New Filing July 2000
New Filing – Ransom
Ann Morgan v. Touchstone, Disney. Writer says the film "Ransom" is based
on her screenplays. New Filing LA Superior. Full Story Film New
Filing December 1998
New Filing - RKO
RKO v. Beatrice Welles. RKO says Orson Welles' daughter is objecting to
remake of "The Magnificent Ambersons"; seeks declaration that RKO has
all rights. Full Story Film New Filing October 1999
New Filing – Robert Downey Jr. & Sr.
Richard Finney, Terence Michael v. Robert Downey, Jr., Robert Downey,
Sr. Actor and director were paid $250,000 to deliver screenplay within
four months, but never delivered, suit alleges. New Filing LA Superior.
Full Story Film New Filing July 2000
New Filing – Shade
Jennifer Silver v. RKO Pictures, Card Mechanics Productions. Producer
claims studios failed to provide her with credit or compensation after
releasing the movie “Shade” based on her screenplay. New Filing CD
California. Full Story Film New Filing August 2004
New Filing - Shakespeare in Love
Faye Kellerman v. Miramax, Universal. Bestselling author alleges
"Shakespeare in Love" is based on her 1989 novel "The Quality of Mercy."
New Filing CD California. Full Story Film New Filing March 1999
New Filing – Signs
Trilenium v. Disney. Coincidences between movie “Signs” and plaintiffs’
script “Lord of the Barrens: The Jersey Devil” were too numerous to be
mere coincidence, suit alleges. New Filing CD California. Full Story
Film New Filing September 2003
New Filing – Spider-Man
Newsom v. Columbia Pictures. Author of 1985 “Spider-Man” script says his
material was used in hit 2002 “Spider-Man” movie without credit or
payment. New Filing LA Superior. Full Story Film New Filing April
2003
New Filing – Star Trek
N. Barry Carver v. Paramount. Writer says the similarities of "Star
Trek: First Contact" to the script "A Stitch in Time," which he
submitted to Paramount in 1991, are "bizarrely striking." New Filing CD
California. Full Story Film New Filing January 1999
New Filing - Tarantino Script
Craig Hamann, Expletive Entertainment v. Quentin Tarantino. Writer says
Tarantino is trying to stop him from exploiting decade-old script the
two co-wrote. New Filing CD California. Full Story Film New Filing
August 1996
New Filing – Tartikoff
Millennium v. Markowitz. Plaintiff says it prepaid defendant $187,500
for screenplay about Brandon Tartikoff; failure to deliver showed not
only breach, but fraud, suit says. New Filing LA Superior; Removal CD
California. Full Story Film New Filing April 2000
New Filing – The Cell
Mattson v. Protosevich, New Line. Writer says his idea and screenplay
for a movie about a female therapist entering the mind of a comatose
patient were used to make "The Cell." New Filing LA Superior. Full
Story Film New Filing September 2000
New Filing – The Deskman
Estrella v. Neo Motion Pictures et al. Author of screenplay "The
Deskman" says TV movie "Suckers" infringes on his work. New Filing CD
California.ntlawdigest.com Full Story Film New Filing September 2000
New Filing – The Last Samurai
Michael Alan Eddy v. Radar Pictures, Interscope, Warner Bros., WGA.
Writer who says he was first of six to work on “The Last Samurai” claims
the film’s producers and the WGA prevented him from receiving the proper
credit due to him the other early writers for their work on the project.
New Filing CD California. Full Story Film New Filing February 2004
New Filing -- The Long Ride
Martin Ransohoff v. Paramount. Producer says studio chief refused to
approve anyone to direct "The Long Ride" except her husband. New Filing
LA Superior. Full Story Film New Filing December 2004
New Filing – The Truman Show
Mowry v. Scott Rudin, Viacom. Writer alleges that the movie “The Truman
Show” is so similar to the screenplay he submitted to the defendants
that it must have been copied. New Filing SD New York. Full Story Film
New Filing May 2003
New Filing – The Whole Shebang
Jeff Rothberg v. Big W Pruductions et al. Plaintiff seeks enforcement of
arbitration award saying defendant filmmakers have no rights to story
“The Whole Shebang” until they pay Rothberg under option agreement. New
Filing CD California. Full Story Film New Filing August 2001
New Filing – Tomorrow Never Dies
Howard, Beutler, Schlossberg-Cohen v. Danjaq et al. Baltimore
scriptwriters claim latest Bond flick copied their script "Currency of
Fear." We print description of similarities in full. New Filing CD
California. Full Story Film New Filing January 1998
New Filing - Travolta
Liteoffer, Mandalay v. John Travolta. Liteoffer and Mandalay sue
Travolta, saying the actor walked away from a role in the film "Double,"
"because his ego had been bruised." New Filing LA Superior. Full Story
Film New Filing August 1996
New Filing - Ulterior Motive
Production company says Fox broke deal to return rights to screenplay
for "Ulterior Motives" after deciding not to make film. Full Story
Film New Filing September 1999
New Filing – Van Daalen
Van Daalen v. Paramount, Resnick. Playwright wants his share of payoff
from film "Lucky Numbers," about a 1980 Pennsylvania lottery scam,
saying it infringes on his play "Trust Me." Full Story Film New
Filing November 2000
New Filing – Walking Across Egypt
Vicky Rocco v. Tamasy, Bell. Writer says her script was ripped off for
the new movie, "Walking Across Egypt." New Filing CD California. Full
Story Film New Filing May 1999

Area Type Issue
New Filing – Wedding Planner
Ballard v. Sony. Writer says 2001 comedy “The Wedding Planner” is
strikingly similar to his 1995 script “In the Palm of my Hand.” New
Filing ED Virginia. Full Story Film New Filing January 2004
New Filing – White Man’s Burden
Elena Mareno v. Miramax et al. New York woman alleges "White Man's
Burden" is based on her treatment and screenplay. New Filing SD New
York. Full Story Film New Filing January 1999
New Filing – Zappa’s 200 Motels
Zappa Family v. MGM. Heirs to late musician Frank Zappa allege that his
1971 movie “200 Motels” was not a “work for hire” and that the copyright
and renewal term have reverted to them. New Filing CD California. Full
Story Film New Filing July 2001
New Filing – Ziobro
Ziobro v. Skulls Productions. The movie “The Skulls” is allegedly nearly
identical to a story written by the plaintiff, suit claims. New Filing
CD California. Full Story Film New Filing March 2002
Ruling – “Like Water For Chocolate”
Esquivel v. Arau. Judge boots “Like Water for Chocolate” author’s suit
v. filmmaker, saying Mexico is better forum. Ruling NY Supreme Court.
Full Story Film New Filing January 1997
Ruling – Anaconda
Douglas v. Sony. Judge sanctions plaintiff counsel for seeking TRO in
copying case over "Anaconda" without asking for or seeing script. Ruling
CD California. Full Story Film New Filing May 1997
Ruling – Briarpatch
Briarpatch et al v. Phoenix et al. Federal court jurisdiction
appropriate in “Thin Red Line” case. Ruling 2nd Circuit. Full Story
Film Ruling August 2004
Ruling – Coming to America
Folke, Atnafu v. Paramount, Eddie Murphy. In short summary judgment
order, judge rules no reasonable trier of fact could find plaintiffs'
script similar to "Coming to America"; tosses case. Ruling SD New York.
Full Story Film New Filing February 1998
Ruling – Dante’s Peak
Hines, Jones v. Universal. Judges grants summary judgment for Universal
finding that "Dante's Peak" bore little resemblance to plaintiffs'
volcano script "Fire and Ice." Ruling CD California. Full Story Film
New Filing January 1998
Ruling – Godfather III
Nick Marino v. Kenoff & Machtinger. Upholding judgment for the defense
in malpractice case, appeals court deals yet another blow to long
unsuccessful litigant who claims he should have received screen credit
on “Godfather III.” Ruling California Court of Appeal. Full Story Film
New Filing December 2001
Ruling - Horrors
Shoptalk v. Concorde. Release of a film constitutes publications of
whatever portions of the underlying screenplay were used, the 2nd
Circuit says, following reasoning of 9th Circuit decision. Ruling 2nd
Circuit. Full Story Film New Filing April 1999
Ruling – Impact Pictures
May-Zur v. Dadon. Oral testimony, if credible, is sufficient to prove a
wire transfer was made, court says in decision over aborted $35,000
movie deal. Ruling California Court of Appeal. Full Story Film New
Filing October 2003
Ruling – James Bond
Danjaq v. Sony. In last gasp of James Bond litigation, court says laches
bars copyright claim for newly released DVDs of Bond films since
allegedly infringing material on DVD is the same as the original film.
Ruling 9th Circuit. Full Story Film New Filing August 2001
Ruling – Jingle All The Way
Murray Hill v. Fox. Jury verdict awarding damages for alleged copying of
another screenplay in film “Jingle All The Way” not supportable given
ruling that original treatment for “Jingle” could not have been copied.
Ruling 6th Circuit. Full Story Film Ruling April 2004
Ruling - Lone Star
Herzog v. Sayles. Circuit agrees with district court that attending film
festival at same time as someone else is not a strong link in a chain of
access; upholds dismissal of "Lone Star" infringement suit. Full Story
Film New Filing November 1999
Ruling - Malcolm X
Aalmuhammed v. Lee, Warner Bros. Dispute over consultant's claim of
co-authorship of movie "Malcolm X," prompts discussion of who exactly is
the "author" of a movie; consultant loses copyright claim. Full Story
Film New Filing February 2000
Ruling – McClintock
Batjac v. Goodtimes, Register of Copyrights. Circuit gives thumbs down
to movie co.'s attempt to resurrect unrenewed copyright in "McClintock!"
by registering two intermediate drafts of screenplay and suing for
infringement of them. Ruling 9th Circuit. Full Story Film New Filing
January 1999
Ruling – Pan and Scan
Batjac v. UAV. In case of first impression, Los Angeles judge finds that
the "pan-and-scan" reduction of the film "McClintock" from wide-screen
to video format is sufficiently original to warrant copyright
protection. Ruling CD California. Full Story Film New Filing June
2000
Ruling – Polydoros
Polydoros v. Twentieth Century Fox. Non-celebrity whose name and
likeness were used in a fictional movie about sandlot baseball has no
invasion of privacy, negligence or defamation claim. Ruling California
Court of Appeal. Full Story Film New Filing October 1997
Ruling – Regarding Henry
Joan and John Cox v. Paramount. Indiana couple lose claim that
"Regarding Henry" was based on wife's unpublished manuscript of book
about husband's motorcycle accident. Ruling SD New York. Full Story
Film New Filing July 1997
Ruling – Rounders
Grosso v. Miramax. Screenwriter’s claim that the ideas for “Rounders”
were stolen from his screenplay, “The Shell Game,” survive as breach of
implied contract claim, though not as copyright claim. Ruling 9th
Circuit. Full Story Film Ruling October 2004
Ruling – Set it Off
Christopher Robinson v. New Line Cinema. Circuit overturns summary
judgment for defense over alleged copying of script for "Set It Off,"
saying theory of access and claim of similarity were not so far-fetched
as to permit dismissal.
to be continued....

The Starmaker

Jun 14, 2007, 1:42:04 PM6/14/07

People like the David Johnston's in this world want you to believe it's nonsence...
but the fact is
for every lawsuit filed
hundreds go unfiled..
most are settled out of court
and the rest are too afraid
to complain for fear of
RETRIBUTION.

You know Hollywood's definition of "retribution", "You Never Work In This Town Again".

Or to put it in their words,

"Too bad, So what, we are stealing from you, you don't like it...what are You going to do about it?"

The Starmaker

David Johnston

Jun 14, 2007, 1:49:12 PM6/14/07
On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 17:42:04 GMT, The Starmaker
<star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>David Johnston wrote:
>>
>> On Wed, 13 Jun 2007 23:14:01 GMT, The Starmaker
>> <star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:
>>
>> >New Filing – ‘Heroes’
>> >
>> >Clifton Mallery v. NBC Universal. A husband-and-wife artist duo claims NBC writers illegally
>> > copied their work on an episode of the television series “Heroes.”
>> >

>> >Where does it say NBC writers cannot steal somebody elses work? How else are they gonna come up with ideas??
>>
>> Your assumption that every plagiarism lawsuit is justified is dubious.
>

>People like the David Johnston's in this world want you to believe it's nonsence...
>but the fact is
>for every lawsuit filed
>hundreds go unfiled..

In most cases, because they are unjustified.

David Johnston

Jun 14, 2007, 1:50:49 PM6/14/07

No, people can sue you for plagiarism regardless of whether you
"stole".

The Starmaker

Jun 14, 2007, 2:50:18 PM6/14/07

I'm not talking about frivolous lawsuits, you can sue a tuna fish sandwitch if you can find
a hungry enough lawyer...

I'm talking about people who sue
who find an Entertainment attorney
who has turned down many each month
and decides to take a case because
he feels it is warrented.

The ones that are *filed*, are the ones that have a good case!

Whether they win or not is irrelevant.

Now David, stop trying to mislead others.

I will not have that on my threads.

Surely, you cannot be trusted.

The Starmaker

The Starmaker

Jun 14, 2007, 2:58:44 PM6/14/07

No, not because they are unjustified...
simply because they don't have the
necessary required edvidence...

Like for example, they don't have an actual photograph or video
of the gonif stealing the script, and rewriting it to
make it unreconizable.

You know, they are like car theives, they change the serial numbers,
paint the car, then re-sell it. It don't longer look like your
car but it is your car.

Come on David, don't tell me you never stole a kids bike and repainted it!

The Starmaker

David Johnston

Jun 14, 2007, 4:49:07 PM6/14/07
On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 18:58:44 GMT, The Starmaker
<star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>David Johnston wrote:
>>
>> On Thu, 14 Jun 2007 17:42:04 GMT, The Starmaker
>> <star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>> >People like the David Johnston's in this world want you to believe it's nonsence...
>> >but the fact is
>> >for every lawsuit filed
>> >hundreds go unfiled..
>>
>> In most cases, because they are unjustified.
>

>No, not because they are unjustified...

That's what you claim. I don't believe you. I think there are lots
and lots of people who think that just because someone wrote something
like something they wrote in some way, that means they were
plagiarised. And I think they are wrong.

The Starmaker

Jun 15, 2007, 12:31:53 PM6/15/07

They wrote it in some way because they had to re-write in some other way,
in order to setal it and take credit for it...
but they would have *never* wrote it with out the person who originally
"initiated" the idea. It is the *initiator* who needs to be compensated.

But why are you even bothering? My post is just an update of my usenet newsletter.
It is not up for discussion.

--------
LA Superior Court

Anthony Spinner
v.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.; Touchstone Television Productions, LLC
Writer says he hasn’t been paid his fee for writing the original script for the series “Lost.” New Filing LA Superior.
New Filing /September 2005

"Alleging fraud and breach of contract, scribe Anthony Spinner is suing ABC
and producers of the Emmy-nominated adventure drama for the alleged theft of a 1977 series proposal.."

"At the time Spinner says he came up with his Lost, writer-producer J.J. Abrams was about 11.
Twenty-seven years later, Abrams and Damon Lindelof saw ABC launch their Lost,
a series about stranded plane crash survivors who encounter the aforementioned polar bear,
the mysterious "Others" and various strange and dangerous characters and creatures."

[...]

James Bass v. Lions Gate, Mandalay, Snoop Dogg.
Music video and commercial producer says rapper and film companies based film “The Wash” on his script.

Howard, Beutler, Schlossberg-Cohen v. Danjaq et al. Baltimore scriptwriters claim
latest Bond flick copied their script "Currency of Fear." We print description of similarities in full.

Vicky Rocco v. Tamasy, Bell. Writer says her script was ripped off for the new movie, "Walking Across Egypt."

Alonzo Douglas v. Sony. Writer who submitted script titled “Anaconda” to Sony says the new film of that name is based o his script.

“Clockstoppers”

Santa Fe Entertainment v. Paramount Pictures. The owners of a motion picture screenplay “It’s About Time” claim that Paramount Pictures copied without authorization all aspects of their script in its creation of the film “Clockstoppers.”

Patrick brothers v. Murphy. Pair of scriptwriters say their script was the basis of hit film, "The Nutty Professor."

Tony Anthony, Howard Worth v. Universal, MCA. Two writers say “Daylight” was based on their script, “The Tunnel.”

Lite Stone Entertainment v. DEJ Productions, Roses and Guns Productions, et al. The owner of the motion picture screenplay “Jessie’s Girl” claims the producers of the movie “Gang of Roses” copied the plot and characters of the screenplay to create their movie

Donald Tavey v. Pierce Brosnan, Irish Dream Time. Writer says the upcoming Brosnan film "The Nephew" bears "shocking similarities" to his own "Wild Nights in Castleberry."

Chase-Riboud v. Dreamworks. Author alleges that film "Amistad" is based on her book about the same historical incident.

Diane Johnson v. Mathieu Kassovitz. Writer alleges "Café Au Lait" is based on her script.

Waid v. Disney. Former USN sub captain says his script was the basis for Crimson Tide.

Hines, Jones v. Universal. Two writers say the script for “Dante’s Peak “ was copied from a script they submitted in 1995

Laskay v. New Line, American Zoetrope. Writer who bought English language rights to "Man Facing Southeast" says studios stole concept and script.

Butler v. Wimmer. Writer sues collaborator who allegedly took unfinished, co-written script, reworked it and sold it for own benefit.

Michael Fry v. Estate of Sagan. Writer says he pitched script to son of Carl Sagan, who sold similar script to 20th Century Fox.

Bernstein and Petersen v. Universal. Screenwriters allege the film "Half-Baked" was based on their script.

Chapin v. Kushner-Locke. Writer says KL fraudulently induced him to sign away his rights to a script called "Cutthroat."

Bloom v. Ferguson. Screenwriter accuses writer of “Maximum Risk” of plagiarising from his script, “Chain Reaction.”

Margaret McKenzie v. Paramount et al. The film “Lucky Numbers” infringes on the plaintiff’s screenplay “Money Trouble,” suit alleges

Glenn Willis v. Disney. Among other similarities, three-year gestation period for giant cockroaches is evidence Disney copied script submitted with internship application in making "Mimic," writer alleges

Masters v. Sony. A writer says the movie "Money Train" is based on the screenplay Sony optioned from him in 1988.

Dennis Manuel v. New Line Cinema. New York writer, representing himself, alleges that both "The Long Kiss Goodbye" and "Seven" infringe on the same script, which he wrote in 1978-1980

Nick Villiers v. Eric Fellner et al. Writer says long-time friend and producer used his ideas for a movie to be called "Cheeks" as part of the hit "Notting Hill."

Gary Compton v. Disney, Bruckheimer, Bay et al. Author says “Pearl Harbor” infringes on his romantic screenplay “Pearl Harbor Love.”

Linda Lukens v. Paramount Pictures et al. Series "Queen of Swords" is based on scripts by plaintiff, but were made with neither permission nor credit.

Grosso v. Miramax. Writers alleges the film "Rounders" was made from his script, but he was never paid.

Faye Kellerman v. Miramax, Universal. Bestselling author alleges "Shakespeare in Love" is based on her 1989 novel "The Quality of Mercy."

Elena Mareno v. Miramax et al. New York woman alleges "White Man's Burden" is based on her treatment and screenplay

New Filing – Frequency
Selby v. New Line, Emmerich. Writer claims film "Frequency" is
substantially similar to his screenplay "Doubletime." New Filing CD
California. Full Story Film New Filing April 2000

New Filing – Funny Girl
Wyler Summit v. Sony Pictures. Partnership alleges Sony has not
correctly calculated gross revenues on "Funny Girl." New Filing LA

Superior. Full Story Film New Filing January 1998

New Filing – Gable Oscar
AMPAS v. Estate of Clark Gable. Academy effort to stop actor’s estate
from auctioning off Oscar forestalled by Spielberg. New Filing LA
Superior. Full Story Film New Filing January 1997
New Filing - Gangs of New York
Grimaldi v. Disney, Artists Management Group. Producer says he put 20
years of effort into movie "Gangs of New York," then Ovitz insisted
Disney breach contract with Grimaldi to give Scorsese producer credit.

Full Story Film New Filing December 1999

New Filing – Gemka
Gemka v. FR Film Distribution. In $2.65-million case over "2001: A Space
Travesty," plaintiff seeks court order barring enforcement of an
arbitration clause in an agreement to which it claims not to be a party.
New Filing CD California. Full Story Film New Filing October 2000
New Filing – General Media
General Media v. Independent Artists. Distribution license for film
"Caligula" should be ended because licensee is not providing required
accountings, General Media alleges. New Filing NY Supreme Court. Full
Story Film New Filing July 2000
New Filing - Genesis Documentaries
Image v. Genesis Partners et al. Plaintiff says it advanced defendant
$125,000 for production of a documentary about recording artist Juvenile
that was then licensed to a different company. New Filing CD California.

Full Story Film New Filing February 2002

New Filing – Girls Gone Wild
Michelle Padilla v. Mantra Films. Woman was included in “Girls Gone
Wild” video – as well as TV and Internet ads – without her consent,
lawsuit alleges. New Filing CD California. Full Story Film New Filing
August 2003
New Filing -- Godzilla
Toho v. Best Buy. Film company that owns Godzilla says Best Buy’s use of
clay Godzilla figure is trademark violation. New Filing CD California.

Full Story Film New Filing April 1997

New Filing – Golden Light
Paul Williams, Golden Light Productions v. Hillman Capital Partners,
Richard Hillman, Sr. Film producer claims that his former partner
engaged in a campaign to take over their documentary film on Tantric Sex
entitled, “The Best Ever.” New Filing CD California. Full Story Film
New Filing July 2004
New Filing – Goldwyn
Samuel Goldwyn, Jr. v. MGM, Metromedia. Producer says Metromedia vowed
to keep him on seven years and fund Goldwyn films unit, but instead sold
out to MGM, which fired him. New Filing LA Superior. Full Story Film
New Filing November 1997
New Filing -- Gordy/Disney
RAS v. Disney. Makers of film "Gordy" say Disney is refusing to
distribute video overseas in dispute over minimum payment. New Filing LA
Superior. Full Story Film New Filing November 1996
New Filing – Greenberg Glusker
GSK Films v. Greenberg Glusker. Film partnership says law firm should
have known about and stopped the late David Begelman's pilfering of $1.9
million. New Filing LA Superior. Full Story Film New Filing November
1998
New Filing – Hakuna Matata
Team Stick v. Disney. Sponsor of Kenyan running team says it was using
Swahili phrase "Hakuna Matata" as a mark the year before "Lion King"
came out. New Filing SD New York. Full Story Film New Filing November
1997
New Filing – Half-Baked
Bernstein and Petersen v. Universal. Screenwriters allege the film
"Half-Baked" was based on their script. New Filing CD California. Full
Story Film New Filing December 1997
New Filing – Hallmark
Picture Entertainment v. Hallmark. Producer Lee Caplin says Hallmark,
Signboard reneged on oral contract that he would produce adaptation of
Faulkner tale. New Filing LA Superior. Full Story Film New Filing
February 1997
New Filing – Halloween
Compass v. Party Professionals. Owner of "Halloween" movie series says
defendant has been making an unauthorized "Michael Myers" mask for
years. New Filing CD California. Full Story Film New Filing July 1997
New Filing – Hammer Films
Hammer Films v. Buzz. Hammer seeks declaration that Buzz' distribution
rights for "Abominable Snowman of the Himalayas" do not last in
perpetuity, but expired with first copyright term. New Filing CD
California. Full Story Film New Filing September 1998
New Filing – Hard Boiled
Fox Lorber v. Tapeworm. Fox Lorber, which owns US distribution rights
for movie "Hard Boiled" excluding Chinese-speaking community, says
defendant is distributing the movie too. New Filing SD New York. Full
Story Film New Filing April 1999
New Filing – Hardball
Paramount v. New Regency. Studio says distributor reneged on agreement
to fund part of film "Hardball" in exchange for foreign distribution
rights. Full Story Film New Filing May 2000

New Filing – Harry Shearer
Bernhard/Robson v. Rosenfeld, Meyer & Susman. Producer files malpractice
case saying firm botched negotiations and then arbitration with Harry
Shearer over comedy script. New Filing LA Superior. Full Story Film
New Filing July 1998
New Filing – Have Gun Will Travel
Paladin V. Time Warner. Producers allege Warner reneged on deal to do
"Have Gun Will Travel" movie. New Filing LA Superior. Full Story Film
New Filing April 1999

New Filing -- HBO Animations
Pulse v. HBO Asia. Copyright dispute over ownership of 24-film "Animated
Classics" series. New Filing CD California. Full Story Film New
Filing November 1996

David Johnston

Jun 15, 2007, 1:26:33 PM6/15/07
On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 16:31:53 GMT, The Starmaker
<star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

Sure they would. They could get the idea from any one of the hundreds
of people who come up with the same idea. There's a reason why nobody
can copyright an idea.

The Starmaker

Jun 15, 2007, 1:59:30 PM6/15/07

I think it's obvious to everyone you have no idea what an "idea" is. In Hollywood, ideas are a commidity.
They have conventions where people just "pitch" ideas...they exist because Hollywood is seeking
new unique ideas....if they hear an idea and they like it, then it's up to them to either
pay for the idea or steal it...
million and million are invested on just an idea...it's not something you get as you put it:

"any one of the hundreds of people who come up with the same idea"

That is the most ridiculous comment I ever saw!

You either an intellectually dishonest person or you're not very smart as you try to appear to be.

The Starmaker

David Johnston

Jun 15, 2007, 2:12:34 PM6/15/07
On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 17:59:30 GMT, The Starmaker
<star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>> >They wrote it in some way because they had to re-write in some other way,
>> >in order to setal it and take credit for it...
>> >but they would have *never* wrote it with out the person who originally
>> >"initiated" the idea.
>>
>> Sure they would. They could get the idea from any one of the hundreds
>> of people who come up with the same idea. There's a reason why nobody
>> can copyright an idea.
>
>I think it's obvious to everyone you have no idea what an "idea" is. In Hollywood, ideas are a commidity.
>They have conventions where people just "pitch" ideas...they exist because Hollywood is seeking
>new unique ideas....if they hear an idea and they like it, then it's up to them to either
>pay for the idea or steal it...

Name one person who has been paid for an idea and nothing else.

MC

Jun 15, 2007, 2:48:18 PM6/15/07
In article <qil573h54t12tmbcb...@4ax.com>,
David Johnston <da...@block.net> wrote:

> commidity.
> >They have conventions where people just "pitch" ideas...they exist because
> >Hollywood is seeking
> >new unique ideas....if they hear an idea and they like it, then it's up to
> >them to either
> >pay for the idea or steal it...
>
> Name one person who has been paid for an idea and nothing else.

Exactly.

It just doesn't work like this.

--

"Anybody can direct. There are only 11 good writers."
-- Mel Brooks

The Starmaker

Jun 15, 2007, 3:27:02 PM6/15/07

"and nothing else"?? what does that mean? Why did you throw in "nothing else"?

You don't even know what an "idea" is! You're wasteing space on this planet.

The Starmaker

Jun 15, 2007, 3:33:43 PM6/15/07
MC wrote:

> In article <qil573h54t12tmbcb...@4ax.com>,
> David Johnston <da...@block.net> wrote:
>
> > commidity.
> > >They have conventions where people just "pitch" ideas...they exist because
> > >Hollywood is seeking
> > >new unique ideas....if they hear an idea and they like it, then it's up to
> > >them to either
> > >pay for the idea or steal it...
> >
> > Name one person who has been paid for an idea and nothing else.
>
> Exactly.
>
> It just doesn't work like this.

You're worse than David, you don't know how *anything* works on this planet!

> --
>
> "Anybody can direct. There are only 11 good writers."
> -- Mel Brooks

11 writers??? In the book industry, the majority of books are writien by only one writer...why
does Hollywood need 11 good writers? Answer: 10 of them are no good. Everybody knows that!

David Johnston

Jun 15, 2007, 4:26:55 PM6/15/07
On Fri, 15 Jun 2007 19:27:02 GMT, The Starmaker
<star...@ix.netcom.com> wrote:

>David Johnston wrote:

>> >I think it's obvious to everyone you have no idea what an "idea" is. In Hollywood, ideas are a commidity.
>> >They have conventions where people just "pitch" ideas...they exist because Hollywood is seeking
>> >new unique ideas....if they hear an idea and they like it, then it's up to them to either
>> >pay for the idea or steal it...
>>
>> Name one person who has been paid for an idea and nothing else.
>
>"and nothing else"?? what does that mean? Why did you throw in "nothing else"?

Because that's what's at issue. The idiot artists who were suing
Heroes because they had the oh-so-original idea of an artist whose
work predicts the future, didn't have a script treatment. All they
had was an idea.

notalentnoob

Jun 18, 2007, 5:30:10 PM6/18/07
> had was an idea. - Hide quoted text -

Damn, I can sue for that? Cause I had the idea of two japanese guys
and one of 'em didn't have super powers and they stole that. The
other one didn't have super powers either but they changed that so
they could use my work.

The Starmaker

Jun 18, 2007, 8:34:56 PM6/18/07

According to The Writer's Guild of America

You can take an idea
write it on a piece of toilet paper
and registered it

"...and written ideas specifically intended for radio, television and film...

Any file may be registered to assist you in documenting the creation of your work. Some examples of registerable material include scripts, treatments, synopses, outlines, and written ideas specifically intended for radio, television and film, video cassettes/discs, or interactive media. The WGAW Registry also accepts stageplays, novels and other books, short stories, poems, commercials, lyrics, drawings, music and other media work.

http://www.wgawregistry.org/webrss/regfaqs.html#quest4

And if you intend to submit your idea to studios because you want "money" for it,
just make sure they sign an agreement beforehand that if they decided
to use your idea, that they promise to pay you for it.

It's called a contract.

The Starmaker

The Starmaker

Jun 20, 2007, 7:15:24 PM6/20/07

Of course they can always agree and give it to another studio to steal it...
but I came up with a solution for that too...

I think I'll create my own encompassing contract for screenwriters and sell it to them...
Put the Writers Guild out-of-business while I'm at it....

Have you seen their stupid ad?
"www.wgaeast.org Protect your screenplay script etc. 10 bucks. 10 years. Peace of mind."
http://www.google.com/search?num=100&hl=en&q=writers+guild+of+america

(i guess the "etc" in their ad means if you put your idea on toilet paper, they'll protect it for ten bucks!)
You send them enough ideas and you know what they are going to do with that toilet paper!

There is probably not one person in the history of the WGA who ever had their script
protected from theft by TV and Studos!

The Starmaker

and/or www.mantra.com/jai

Jun 21, 2007, 3:12:08 AM6/21/07
I never saw a movie that wasn't made on stolen ideas, and I've seen a lot of movies.

Jai Maharaj
http://tinyurl.com/yhjyp5
http://www.mantra.com/jai
http://www.mantra.com/jyotish
Om Shanti

In article <46707A...@ix.netcom.com>,
star...@ix.netcom.com posted:

Tommy Joe

Jun 21, 2007, 4:08:58 AM6/21/07
Starmaker wrote:

David Johnston wrote:

> >Where does it say NBC writers cannot steal somebody elses work? How else
are they gonna come up with ideas??

> Your assumption that every plagiarism lawsuit is justified is dubious.

The scenario is funny. The assistant takes the studio to court
for stealing his
ideas. Defense lawyers contend that the material was stolen from the
start, that
the assistant himself had stolen the idea. Lawyers for the assistant
agree
with the with defense counsel that their client had slolen the idea,
but, "He stole it
first, and therefore it is legally his."

Tommy Joe (Who Stole First?, stolen from Bud Abbot and Lou Costello)

OllieN...@aol.com

Jun 21, 2007, 8:35:19 AM6/21/07

I had written this post several years ago. I will be suing you for
using it.

Tommy Joe

Jun 22, 2007, 1:10:35 AM6/22/07

OllieN...@aol.com wrote:

> I had written this post several years ago. I will be suing you for
> using it.

Great idea. I don't see why we can't work as a team. Here's how
it works. You
allow me to do something to you so dastardly that it warrants suing as
well as public
viewing, something the masses will go crazy over. But because it's
all a hoax, nobody
really gets hurt. I'll play just guilty enough to be hauled into
court as defendant. Then, just
when your legal team has me on the ropes with the whole world
watching, we pull the old
switcheroo, with you admitting that you made up the story just to win
a lawsuit. But I openly
forgive you and we become best friends, hugging unashamedly in the
courtroom on national tv.
>From there we're invited to do the talkshow circuit where your joke-
writing ability is discovered and
you become a star. And I become famous as your best friend, which is
even better than being the
star, because all I have to do is just sort of hang around while you
do all the work.

Tommy Joe