Mediatomb - Windows Novice!

Nicholas John Dunkley

Sep 24, 2012, 1:12:15 PM9/24/12
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

 I will start by saying I am new to linux. I have successfully installed alt-f, had it fix a degraded array (RAID 1) and now I am looking to run Mediatomb so I can stream media through my home network to my PS3. Having installed packages using the updated links recently provided (sourceforge rather than dropbox) I have no idea to get the Mediatomb GUI running (..main reason I went for Mediatomb rather than minidlna :S !!).

Thanks all

Joao Cardoso

Sep 25, 2012, 12:56:15 PM9/25/12

Try services->user->mediatomb->start or configure

[Edited: For the first time usage, first Configure and Submit, then StartNow; afterwards, and as long as it is started, in the Configure page hit the WebPage.

For RC2 it is not possible to bookmark embedded (Alt-F alien) web pages, but for RC3 it will be.

This is the general method to use package web pages when the package provide one]

Nicholas John Dunkley

Sep 25, 2012, 12:34:12 PM9/25/12
to al...@googlegroups.com
Solved - thank you!

I was trying to find a direct address ie //192.168.X.XXX/'something'