can't access user samba shares on windows (win7)

Filip Goc

Jan 20, 2014, 11:40:51 PM1/20/14

I just can't access any shares that other than public.

I can't even access the defaultly created 'Users' folder.

When I try to open a folder (shared over samba and assigned to specific users or all users (+users)),

in Windows Explorer of Total Commander, I get the login window, but the user login does not work. Access denied.

Can anyone please point me in the right direction? Do I have to log into the folders in some kind of fancy way?

Oh, and the nickname and the name of the user are the same, so that should not be an issue.

this thread was inspiring, but did not solve the issue:

https://groups.google.com/forum/#!searchin/alt-f/samba$20windows/alt-f/D9nPuO2GTsQ/d80EPQWRjqoJ

Sidenote: I can access any of the folders via ftp. So the password and name pair is ok maybe?

Thanks!

info:

alt-f RC3

windows 7

2 * 3TB discs (toshiba) in raid1

dns-323

no packages installed

Filip Goc

Jan 20, 2014, 11:51:51 PM1/20/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
If anyone else has this problem, solved by feeding the login to windows through command line

net use \\xxx.xxx.x.x /user:nickname password

indpiration:

João Cardoso

Jan 21, 2014, 10:23:08 AM1/21/14
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, January 21, 2014 4:51:51 AM UTC, Filip Goc wrote:
If anyone else has this problem,

Have you tried using the user full name, instead of its nick name? Read the "Full Name" and "nick name" tooltip (and online help) when creating a new user.
This only applies to Samba, and the idea was to setup user equivalence automatically, if the Alt-F user "Full Name" is the same at MS-Win.

Filip Goc

Jan 21, 2014, 10:53:49 AM1/21/14
to al...@googlegroups.com
Well, I defined the full name and the nickname to be the same so that I don't have to remember when to use which.

But after I supplied the login using the net command once, now it works even for new users and even after breaking the net use connection (net use.../delete)
Basically it works now. No clue why it didn't.