UNABLE TO CREATE NEW USER with GUI ALT-FC.01RC2

Houseman

Sep 30, 2012, 4:47:46 PM9/30/12
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi Folks.
I have a DNS-323 with current ALT-FC.01RC2.
I have a problem creating a new user in Setup/Users
After completing the fields, and clicking to apply the user does not appear in the User List. If I create it from a shell with linux command there is a change-mess in the USERNAME-USER field and I cannot access anyway the NAS.
Any hint?
One last noob question..
If I have two users that can access two different directories and a SAMBA SERVICE running at the NAS and from a remote workstation running windows is it right I can access the NAS only with ONE USER at a time?

Best regards and thank you

Joao Cardoso

Sep 30, 2012, 6:29:56 PM9/30/12
to al...@googlegroups.com

Search in the closed issues for a cure to the user/groups problem.

I dont understand your second question, and as it is unrelated it is best to open a new topic with a meaningfull subject.

Houseman

Oct 2, 2012, 2:37:33 AM10/2/12
to al...@googlegroups.com
Hi thank You for the quick reply and sorry for the noob already resolved question....
By the way I would like to share a simple perhaps noob solution I have found will fix the "Linux User,,,, " problem.
As you can see in the attachment you have to add the group id 100 that is in my case the user group (i looked at /rc/group file) and the username and everything is ok.
Thanks alot. again
jcard.png

Joao Cardoso

Oct 2, 2012, 1:31:29 PM10/2/12
to al...@googlegroups.com

On Tuesday, October 2, 2012 7:37:33 AM UTC+1, Houseman wrote:
Hi thank You for the quick reply and sorry for the noob already resolved question....
By the way I would like to share a simple perhaps noob solution I have found will fix the "Linux User,,,, " problem.
As you can see in the attachment you have to add the group id 100

Only user and group ids greater than 99 appear in the user/group page, lower ids are system ids and not "suited" for normal users.
I added that info to the field tooltip.

Thanks