Do You Have a Scrap Tire Problem in Your Neighborhood?

todoug

Nov 17, 2017, 9:31:15 AM11/17/17
to AliefLife - The Alief Super Neighborhood Council
Last night I attended a very interesting PIP (Positive Interaction Program)  at the Westside Police Station where Javier Frutos from the Solid Waste Management Program Tire Program was the featured speaker.

Javier presented a lot of information and data regarding used or scrapped tires, but the most interesting information was the hotline to call, 832-3936-0460, if there are tires in your neighborhood that need to be removed.

All tire shops must obtain a City license for their business.  If you suspect that a shop you are aware of is not meeting this requirement, you can call the same number, and they will be able to give you the status of a shop, even though a list of licensed shops is not available.

This has been a minor problem in my subdivision, but I know that is not the case in other areas, and it is nice to know there is a number to call to solve the problem if it comes up.