Pular para a primeira mensagem não lida

Barbara Quattro

não lida,
14 de jan. de 2018, 20:24:3014/01/2018
para Alieflife New 2014

On Sunday, January 14, 2018 7:19 PM, Native Plant Society of Texas - Houston Chapter <nphou...@gmail.com> wrote:

View this email in your browser

Join Us for the NPSOT Houston Chapter Meeting at the Houston Arboretum
Thursday, January 18, 2018

NOTE: The usual entrance to the Houston Arboretum on Woodway Drive is closed; use the new entrance on 610 West Loop northbound access road between Buffalo Bayou and Woodway (click here for map).

Purple Sneezeweed (Helenium flexuosum) – Click here for details.

The Native Plant Society of Texas - Houston Chapter Plant of the Month

Announcement for January Meeting, Presentation & Demonstration

Join Us Thursday, January 18th at the Houston Arboretum & Nature Center at 610 West Loop and Woodway Drive. Note new entrance instructions and link to map above.

6:45 pm  Meet & Greet, Social Time, Refreshments

7:15 pm  Chapter Meeting & Presentation

Presentation & Demo: “Native Plant Propagation: Hard Work, Fun and Magic”

Speaker: Mark Morgenstern, Morning Star Prairie Plants

January Meeting Special Presentation & Demonstration:

“Native Plant Propagation: Hard Work, Fun and Magic”

By Mark Morgenstern, Morning Star Prairie Plants

Presentation Summary

Mark will share his expertise growing native plants and his story how he went from a career in air conditioning service and hobbyist gardener to a prairie volunteer to fulltime native plant grower. He will focus on the necessary skills he developed to successfully grow Texas native plants. Mark will demonstrate his plant propagation techniques, use of organic fertilizers, micro-active ingredients, and more. He will be available to answer your native plant propagation and growing questions.

About the Speaker

Mark volunteers yearly at Wildscapes Workshop and was the original Treasurer of the Native Prairie Association Houston Chapter and holds a board position of “plant grower”. He is a member of the Coastal Prairie Chapter Master Naturalists and volunteers at Seaborne Creek Nature Park where they are creating a 14-acre prairie restoration.

Something New at the Meeting
Bring your gardening magazines, plant/nature books, and native seed catalogs:   What do you do with periodicals and books when you are done reading them or when you are cleaning off your bookshelf to make room for new ones?  Would you like to find someone that would enjoy reading it instead of you chucking it in the recycling bin?

If you think someone from the NPSOT would enjoy giving your periodical or book a look through, then we invite you to bring them to the monthly NPSOT Houston Chapter meeting and place on the “plant” table up front.  Similar to the plants on the table, they will be available for adoption following the meeting.  If not adopted, periodicals will be recycled and suitable books will be donated to the library.  You are also welcome to stay and take your materials home that are not adopted.

We just wanted to give you this opportunity to share your love of nature and gardening and pass it on.

2018 Wildscapes Workshop

Save-the-Date Announcement

Mark Your Calendar Now and Plan to Attend

September 22, 2018

After its cancellation last year due to Hurricane Harvey, this fantastic event is back for 2018.  The date has been changed specifically to avoid our highest probability period for hurricanes. Plan to attend for the great speakers and for the bigger than ever, native plant sale.

The 2018 Wildscapes Workshop event will be held Saturday, September 22nd at HCC West Loop Center, 5601 W. Loop South, Houston, 77081, 8 am to 3:30 pm. Mark Your Calendars. More information is coming.

In the meantime, click here to check out the information on previous WIldscape Workshops.

Flo Hannah - Dedicated Native Plant Advocate

Photo by Jaime Gonzalez

NPSOT Houston Chapter, and Houston’s Native Plant and Conservation Communities Mourn the Loss of Flo Hannah, Former NPSOT Houston Chapter Field Trip Coordinator, Board Member, and Passionate Advocate for Our Local Native Plants.

See below a message from the Katy Prairie Conservancy's Jaime González:

“Dear Friends,

It is with a very heavy heart that I write to you today. Our friend Flo Hannah lost her battle with cancer this afternoon. She fought until the end.

Flo was a wonderful advocate for nature and an even better friend and mentor. Her spirit, vision, passion, and smile will be sorely missed by all of us. I will await word from the family about funeral arrangements and will let you know as we know more. I also wanted to let each of you know how much you mean to the rest of us and how much your friendship and support mean to one another. In many ways, we are like a family and the loss of any of us is deeply felt.

Your Friend, Always,
Jaime González
Community Conservation Director, Katy Prairie Conservancy

For Flo's life tribute in the Houston Chronicle, click here

A memorial service will be held at Memorial Drive Presbyterian Church, 11612 Memorial Drive, Houston, Texas 77024 at 11:00 AM on Tuesday, January 16th, with a reception to follow.

Texas Native Plants on Social Media

These are more than just a bunch of pretty pictures. They are posts from people engaged in native plants, the environment, prairies, and wildlife from Houston, Texas and beyond. Watch our monthly meeting speakers address exciting topics on our YouTube channel from the comfort of your computer, pad or smartphone. Additionally, see what's going on out there on Twitter, Facebook, and Instagram - real-time! Click the links given below:
Like us on our Chapter’s Facebook Page – Click here.
Follow & retweet us on Twitter (@NPSOT_HOU) – Click here.
Follow & retweet on Texas native plants via Twitter (#txplants) – Click here.
Watch a video on our Chapter YouTube Channel – Click here.
On Instagram? Follow us @NPSOT_HOU – Click here.

HOUSTON AREA ENVIRONMENTAL EVENTS

CALENDAR/LIST

Check out NPSOT Houston Chapter's

The "BIG LIST" of Native Plant and Environmental Events

(Updated for January - February 2018)

Click here to see event list in PDF format.

Confirm dates, times & details at organization websites

(use links provided on list)
Join NPSOT Houston Chapter TODAY!

This email was sent to bqua...@sbcglobal.net
Native Plant Society of Texas - Houston Chapter · P.O. Box 131254 · Houston, TX 77219 · USA

Responder a todos
Responder ao autor
Encaminhar
0 nova mensagem