Empty Shelter Project : Volunteers needed

Barbara Quattro

Apr 20, 2018, 11:18:52 PM4/20/18
to Alieflife New 2014
The Empty Shelter Project has come to Alief.   This is a FREE spay and neuter clinic.   All the slots (300+) are full for tomorrow and there is a waiting list.

It takes literally dozens of volunteers to organize and implement an event like this.  Obviously, since all the slots are full, there is a demand for such a service.   If we want this organization to come back to Alief, we're going to have to show them that the Alief community is willing to participate -- not just for the benefits of getting their animals spayed/neutered for free -- but also as volunteers.

WE NEED VOLUNTEERS:

Saturday:  2:00 PM - 8:00 PM: moving dog crates out of facility and foam washing; loading dog crates onto pallets and secure back inside facility
5:00 PM - 8:00 PM: general breakdown, packing and cleanup - stage for Sunday load up.

Sunday:  10:00 - 12:00 AM: Load U-Haul and Box Truck and final facility clean-up

Please, if you have an hour or two on one or both of these days, come and help.

Thanks,

Barbara Quattro
Alief Super Neighborhood Council