How can I install the version working with 3.1.3

vikas

Apr 1, 2012, 12:29:35 PM4/1/12
to alche...@googlegroups.com
So far I know It is not stable yet and not installable via rubygems.org.
Since I have very simple websites I wanted to switch from Redmine to Alchemy Cms, I wonder if I really would have so much trouble with the current version at master/head.

However if there are problems I would contribute by reporting or fixing.

Thomas von Deyen

Apr 1, 2012, 1:10:01 PM4/1/12
to alche...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vikas.

Did you mean Rails 3.2.3?

Then you have to use the next_stable branch:

In your Gemfile:

gem 'alchemy_cms', :git => 'git://github.com/magiclabs/alchemy_cms', :branch => 'next_stable'

Greetings

Thomas

vikas

Apr 2, 2012, 12:35:32 PM4/2/12
to alche...@googlegroups.com
Yes sorry, mistyped. I meant 3.2.3 - next_stable is not working however so switching to current stables.

Thanks

Thomas von Deyen

Apr 2, 2012, 1:51:03 PM4/2/12
to alche...@googlegroups.com
The next_stable is working, but you cannot use the alchemy executable, because you need to install it as system wide gem to have the executable working.

But this is not a problem, you can create a vanilla rails app and add the next_stable branch into you Gemfile like I mentioned earlier.

Then you just have to follow the steps for adding alchemy into an existing rails app:

http://guides.alchemy-cms.com/getting_started.html#install-into-an-existing-rails-application

Hope this helps.

Regards

Thomas