Akka Streams v0.3

Roland Kuhn

Jun 7, 2014, 3:49:44 PM6/7/14
to akka-user, akka-dev
Dear hakkers,

we have gone far too long without publishing an update for the rapidly developing Akka Streams project, so we pushed the current status of the release-2.3-dev branch towards Maven Central as version 0.3. This is still an early development preview, and we will publish time-based updates more frequently over the coming weeks.

You can check out all changes in this release by looking at the milestone, in broad strokes we have

  • added Duct[In, Out] as a freestanding description for a piece of pipeline
  • fleshed out the number of combinators
  • added Java APIs for all features
  • added stream flattening
  • added mixins for writing stream producer or consumer Actors.

Please give it a spin, you can find more information in the docs.

Regards,

Dr. Roland Kuhn
Akka Tech Lead
Typesafe – Reactive apps on the JVM.
twitter: @rolandkuhn

benq

Jun 8, 2014, 6:38:57 AM6/8/14
to akka...@googlegroups.com, akka...@googlegroups.com
Hi Roland,

Great news, thanks!

I think there's something wrong with the documentation.
Following the link to the scala api doc on http://akka.io/docs/#akka-streams leads me to http://doc.akka.io/api/akka-stream-experimental/0.3/#package where I can't find the akk.stream namespace.

Regards,
Benoît

Roland Kuhn

Jun 8, 2014, 6:21:06 PM6/8/14
to akka-user, akka-dev
Hi Benoît,

oh snap, now I know what I had forgotten: the release script rsyncs the wrong thing, I fixed it by hand now.

Regards,

Roland

---