Sensor Shield Firmware

vicatcu

Apr 25, 2013, 9:37:37 PM4/25/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Hey all,

Is anyone out there able to load the latest firmware from GitHub (github.com/wickeddevice/aqe_sensor_interface_shield) onto their Sensor Shield and report back on results?

Regards,
Vic

Paul Erkkila

Apr 25, 2013, 9:38:18 PM4/25/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Just recompiled it , should be up in a few minutes.

Mark Tebbutt

Apr 26, 2013, 4:32:44 PM4/26/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com

Hi Vic.

I updated my egg to the latest firmware about 2 hours ago now. The NO2 output is very stable now but the update seems to have broken the CO sensor output which seems to be locked at 37597 ppb. My COSM feed is https://cosm.com/feeds/107106

Cheers,

Mark.T

Mark Tebbutt

Apr 28, 2013, 3:13:35 PM4/28/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, April 26, 2013 2:37:37 AM UTC+1, vicatcu wrote:

I had to update the firmware again as the NO2 and CO sensor output froze. I used the Reflashing the AQE Shield steps on this link http://airqualityegg.wikispaces.com/Reflashing+the+AQE+Shield but it resulted in the sensors to freezing. Once I included the extra 3 commands below the shield updated correctly with regular updates from the NO2 & CO sensors.

avrdude -p t88 -c avrispmkII -P usb -u -U efuse:w:0xff:m
avrdude -p t88 -c avrispmkII -P usb -u -U hfuse:w:0xdf:m
avrdude -p t88 -c avrispmkII -P usb -u -U lfuse:w:0xee:m

However once I placed the senor egg outside around today 15:30 GMT the NO2 values started to ramp up to the now 0 ohm reading. CO2 values also seem far higher than prior to the firmware update. So on the face of it looks like the firmware fix still needs some work.

Andrew Lindsay

Apr 29, 2013, 5:14:55 PM4/29/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com

I've tried it using the hex file on github to try to resolve the -1 and maxed out NO2 readings.

It seemed to program ok using USBTiny but it will only read temp and humidity now, not the other sensors on the shield. No leds on the shield flash anymore. Seems its not working as it should.

I also tried resetting the fuses as detailed in a previous response, still nothing.

Any ideas?

Andrew

Victor Aprea

Apr 29, 2013, 5:44:07 PM4/29/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com

Andrew, what did you use to reprogram the device?

Vic

Andrew Lindsay

Apr 30, 2013, 3:49:09 PM4/30/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
I used USBTiny programmer and avrdude. It seemed to program OK and verified.
Its a 1.5 board with the ATiny88. Neither of the LEDs flash anymore, even when powered on.

Is the hex image compiled for the 88 or 48? That was the next thing, to download the source and setup the project in Eclipse and re-build it myself.

Cheers

Andrew

Victor Aprea

Apr 30, 2013, 6:30:37 PM4/30/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Andrew,

Yes it's built it using Eclipse and AVR-Eclipse mcu=attiny88 and F_CPU=8000000UL. Did you use the load script from the GitHub repository (replacing avrispmkII with usbtiny)? I just rebuilt it and copied the hex file over the one in my local git repository to see if there was a diff and there was not. I don't know about the USBTiny but the AVR ISP mkII needs the target to be powered when programming.

Regards,
Vic

Victor Aprea // Wicked Device

Paul Erkkila

Apr 30, 2013, 9:44:47 PM4/30/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
I reprogrammed mine with my olimex. It had to be powered to work. I pretty much used the script from github.

vicatcu

May 5, 2013, 11:33:37 PM5/5/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Andrew,

At least one person resolved a similar situation by re-downloading the binaries from Git Hub. If you're just doing "pull" on a local repository you may be out of sync for some reason. If you're doing that make sure you do something like:

git pull origin master

Regards,
Vic

Andrew Lindsay

May 7, 2013, 5:34:28 PM5/7/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, April 26, 2013 2:37:37 AM UTC+1, vicatcu wrote:

Just seen there was an update in past few minutes so took that and it seems to be doing something now. CO reading has a massively negative value and NO2 has massive positive value.

Looking for the remote sketch now.

Andrew

Victor Aprea

May 7, 2013, 6:20:45 PM5/7/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com

Andrew,

You have to update all your boards to use the latest firmware.

Regards,
Vic

Victor Aprea

May 7, 2013, 6:25:51 PM5/7/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com

And I haven't had a chance to upload binaries for the Nanodes yet, but you should be able to program them with the arduino IDE. Remember to update the libraries in your arduino installation if you do that though.

Regards,
Vic

Victor Aprea

May 8, 2013, 12:39:31 AM5/8/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Andrew,

I've pushed the latest binaries and source code out to Git Hub.

Nanodes get loaded with code at:

Sensor Shield gets loaded with code at:

I have a few more tweaks to make to VOC, O3, and Dust firmwares, but those are located at:

That should get you started, if you have any trouble please let me know.

Kind Regards,
Vic

Victor Aprea // Wicked Device

Victor Aprea // Wicked Device

vicatcu

May 8, 2013, 11:08:08 AM5/8/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Hi all,

I think all the software and binaries are all uploaded to Git Hub for what I'm calling the 2.0 baseline. I'm running a fully-loaded test Egg right now at https://cosm.com/feeds/102199. If you are comfortable reloading software on your units I'd encourage you to help build confidence by giving the latest firmware it a try. Again, this update requires each of the programmable boards in the system to be brought up to the latest version. I'll be watching the feed for any anomalies, but I expect this is the release we'll start shipping with. I also hope to post some reprogramming instructions this weekend.

Cheers,
Vic

Andrew Lindsay

May 12, 2013, 12:28:45 PM5/12/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
All updated to latest version form github. Base and Remote sketches and sensor shield firmware.

I notice there is an extra feed on cosm for the 2 gas sensors, but the values are static, looks like a reference value. I'll see how it goes, but at present the NO2 reading is negative.

My feed is at https://cosm.com/feeds/103209

Cheers

Andrew

Victor Aprea

May 12, 2013, 12:38:19 PM5/12/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Andrew,

Yes, I'm having it report the R0 value for each sensor. This value should be stationary, but when calibration comes into the picture, that value may change, and that's the best way I could think of to track the record of that change through Cosm. This tidbit, and more, are described in some detail here: http://blog.wickeddevice.com/?p=432.

Regards,
Vic

Victor Aprea // Wicked Device

Andrew

Victor Aprea

May 12, 2013, 12:40:54 PM5/12/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Andrew,

One other thing that might be worth a try is to plug your NO2 sensor into the CO socket for 90 seconds. This should help clean it if it's built up oxidization on it's surface for some reason.

Regards,
Vic

Victor Aprea // Wicked Device

Andrew Lindsay

May 12, 2013, 12:54:02 PM5/12/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
I unplugged it and re-plugged it back in. Seems to be reading now.

Thanks

Andrew

Mark Tebbutt

May 12, 2013, 8:53:59 PM5/12/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, April 26, 2013 2:37:37 AM UTC+1, vicatcu wrote:

I updated the remote and base to version 2 firmware and the senor shield to the latest version. I also place the no2 sensor in the CO sensor socket for 90 seconds to de-oxidise it.

Everything seemed find when the remote eggs was indoors but within a 20 minutes of placing the sensor outside the NO2 values started to ramp up and have now flipped to -2147483648 ppb. https://cosm.com/feeds/107106

I did substitute the US supplied power supplied with UK plug Strontronics 9V 550mA (5W) power supplies a few weeks after I received the eggs in the mail. Is 5W sufficient to power the remote egg and sensor heaters etc? http://shop.openenergymonitor.com/9v-550ma-plug-in-power-supply-uk-plug/

Cheers,

Mark.T Chorley UK.

Victor Aprea

May 12, 2013, 9:01:06 PM5/12/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Mark,

The telling thing is that your NO2_raw reading is 0 ohms. This strongly suggests an open circuit condition is present, which is to say the sensor is not making a good contact with the socket, or the socket has become disconnected from the circuit in some way...

Vic

Victor Aprea // Wicked Device

Message has been deleted

Mark Tebbutt

May 29, 2013, 7:46:42 PM5/29/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vic.

Please could you explain to me why my last post was deleted and by whom? Censorship?

Mark.T

Victor Aprea

May 29, 2013, 8:17:01 PM5/29/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Mark,

I have no idea what you're talking about... is there something I can help you with?

Vic

Victor Aprea // Wicked Device

Mark Tebbutt

May 29, 2013, 9:12:13 PM5/29/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vic,

I entered a post Monday evening about my egg NO2 sensor working fine inside house but NO2 raw dropping to zero once placed outside after temperature drops below 13/14C. I will re post the full post tomorrow when I have a little more time.

See the attached PNG screenshot showing where my message has been deleted.

Mark.T

deleted message.PNG

Victor Aprea

May 29, 2013, 10:17:20 PM5/29/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Mark,

I see what you mean about the google group showing "this message has been deleted" in the thread. Not sure how that might have happened, but I never saw the message at all. I tend to interact with the google group primarily through email rather than the web interface. Looking at the group membership, it looks like Ed Borden is the owner, maybe he knows more? Anyway, for technical support you can always email support AT wickeddevice DOT com or post a question to forum.wickeddevice.com and we'll do our best to help you out.

Kind Regards,

Vic

Victor Aprea // Wicked Device

Mark.T

Bob Holmstrom

May 30, 2013, 2:39:03 PM5/30/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Vic,

I just re-updated 104509 with all sensors. I updated the shield and the dust sensor - VOC and O3 were working before the re-update. Sensor moved from my wine cellar (very boring data) to the main section of the house at a return air grill for the heating system where there should be more activity. All sensors seem to be operating at the moment.

Note: There was an error on the first operation in the load.sh file for both the shield and the dust sensor. Here is the output from AVRDUDE for the dust sensor - all other operations completed without error:

Bob

bob-holmstroms-imac:aqe_dust_addon-master bobholmstrom$ avrdude -p t88 -c avrispmkII -P usb -u -U efuse:w:0xff:m

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.01s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9311
avrdude: reading input file "0xff"
avrdude: writing efuse (1 bytes):

Writing | | 0% 0.00s ***failed;
Writing | ################################################## | 100% 0.06s

avrdude: 1 bytes of efuse written
avrdude: verifying efuse memory against 0xff:
avrdude: load data efuse data from input file 0xff:
avrdude: input file 0xff contains 1 bytes
avrdude: reading on-chip efuse data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.00s

avrdude: verifying ...
avrdude: verification error, first mismatch at byte 0x0000
0xff != 0x07
avrdude: verification error; content mismatch

avrdude done. Thank you.

Mark Tebbutt

Jun 1, 2013, 12:38:55 AM6/1/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
I have recently added the O3, VOC and dust sensors to my sensor egg. The egg has been working fine inside the house for almost a week.

I mounted the remote sensor egg back outside this evening around 17:00 BST. The outside temperature was around 11C. However I checked egg output again around 22:00 BST and found the NO2 sensor has flipped to 0 ohms at about 20:45BST which happens to be around the same time the temperature dropped from 10C to 9C.

I have created a PNG screenshot of the graph traces since Xively limits the graphs to around 6 hours now. Which I must say is severely limiting the usefulness of the AQE. The link to the PNG file is https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-TArhxXUn3gME94UkdFbE1OdEU/edit?usp=sharing. I could not attach the PNG file to this post as the file is bigger than 2000 pixels.

A couple of days later on a slightly warmer day the NO2 level occasionally reverted to normal for a short period before dropping to 0 again. You can the pattern on this this screenshot https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-TArhxXUn3gZjBiemNQREh3NDQ/edit?usp=sharing

So it seems the NO2 sensor is affected by temperatures below 10C. I doubt this could be a partial dry joint could it?

Victor Aprea

Jun 1, 2013, 11:39:52 AM6/1/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Mark,

The first thing I observe about your screen shots is that you are almost certainly not running the latest firmware. Otherwise you would have another feed per sensor named something like NO2_r0_... I don't think there's a lot of value in speculating further about temperature related phenomenon until your firmware is brought up to date. As I think you're inDamon Rand at the Bristol Hackerspace may be able to help you out with reprogramming the devices.

If there is a thermal effect going on here, it's more than likely related to the sensor sockets in some way, not a fundamental issue with the sensors (which according to the datasheets are rated down to -30C). Either solder joint fatigue due to thermal expansion and contraction or a similar effect in the socket side not making good connection with the sensor would be my guess. Lets cross that bridge when we get to it though.

Kind Regards,
Vic

Victor Aprea // Wicked Device

Mark Tebbutt

Jun 1, 2013, 2:43:11 PM6/1/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Hi Vic,

I think you may have missed that the NO2_r0.... value is present on both screenshots just the graph isn't expanded to save space on the said screenshots. If you click on the 100% button on the Google Drive menu the screenshot will zoom in to 100%. The screenshots are a composite of several screenshots using the snipping tool and an image editor.

I have flashed the eggs twice and the shield once (using the AVR programmer I bought especially to do so) to the latest firmware. All the sensors report version 32 firmware via the xively feed / graphs.

You can check my egg feed for yourself on https://xively.com/feeds/107106/?from_cosm=true.

I would really like to get this issue sorted out as I am due to take part in a NO2 calibration experiment with Andrew and 2 others from the UK using a NO2 diffusion tube as a reference starting on the 7th of June.

Thus would it possible to ship out a known working shield & NO2 sensor via DHL etc so that it will arrive at my home in the UK on Wednesday / Thursday and I will send the defective shield back to you via normal priority mail. I am happy to pay for the difference in express shipping?

Kind regards,

Mark Tebbutt.

Victor Aprea

Jun 1, 2013, 2:59:46 PM6/1/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Mark,

Right, sorry I missed that. Yes, of course we can do a swap. I'll email you off list and we'll work it out.

Cheers,
Vic

Victor Aprea // Wicked Device

Gavin

Jun 3, 2013, 4:53:23 AM6/3/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, 26 April 2013 02:37:37 UTC+1, vicatcu wrote:
> Hey all,
>
> Is anyone out there able to load the latest firmware from GitHub (github.com/wickeddevice/aqe_sensor_interface_shield) onto their Sensor Shield and report back on results?
>
> Regards,
> Vic

Hi

Is there an EASY (I'm not a Linux person) to follow update process, along with the parts I need or is there anyone in the UK I can post my Egg parts to to be flashed up.
I don;'t mind either process but as I said it needs to be easy to follow for a non linux person.

I have the NO2 sensor issue -1 Ohms and my Base egg locks up for a while every so ofter, sometimes it recovers, other times I need to power cycle it. The lockup sometime freezes with a random colour on the LED (Seen Blue, Green Yellow and Magenta at lockup time at maybe 50% brightness, or others nothing till I review my readings.

Gavin

Jun 25, 2013, 1:09:07 AM6/25/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com

Any options for a UK person to do the update?

Paul Erkkila

Jun 25, 2013, 4:25:20 PM6/25/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
I can reload the firmware easy enough on the two main boards. Not sure how you'd update the others, pogopins? mind control?

If it rains anymore i'm going to canoe down to Ithaca to have you show me how they are done ;).

-pee

Gavin

Aug 14, 2013, 10:38:57 AM8/14/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
On Saturday, 1 June 2013 16:39:52 UTC+1, vicatcu wrote:
> Otherwise you would have another feed per sensor named something like NO2_r0_.

Silly question but once I flashed my NO and CO sensors the R0 reads -1 Ohms. Should I have reloaded some calibration value back to it?

Victor Aprea

Aug 14, 2013, 10:42:01 AM8/14/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com

Not a silly question, sounds like you didn't write the eeprom. Are you using the load scripts from GitHub?

Vic

Gavin

Aug 14, 2013, 10:57:37 AM8/14/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
On Wednesday, 14 August 2013 15:42:01 UTC+1, vicatcu wrote:
> Not a silly question, sounds like you didn't write the eeprom. Are you using the load scripts from GitHub?
>
> Vic

I followed your videos :)

Actually I Flashed the main board, then followed http://airqualityegg.wikispaces.com/Reflashing+the+AQE+Shield to so the shields.

What step may I have missed?

I still have to flash the Dust sensor so will have to go into the garden anyway soon (rain permitting)...

Message has been deleted

Gavin

Aug 15, 2013, 3:28:24 AM8/15/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Hmm

My message had been deleted, Maybe I forgot to hit send and the draft has vanished.

Dust and "main" boards reflashed but now they are awol, both eggs have been reset and power cycled. The Dust sensor is still reported as at firmware 16 as there's been no updates at all, so something's gone wrong in the flashing, Will re-do it tonight.

The VOC and 03 are still reporting so part of the main board is OK, just not the NO, CO, and Dust sensors.

Actually I may bring the remote egg indoors so I can monitor them without having to look really dubious crouching by a garden wall with a laptop.

Gavin

Aug 15, 2013, 3:57:29 PM8/15/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Me again...

OK, Status of play...

I have an Egg, with add on Dust, VOC and O3 sensors. Prior to installing the VOC and Dust sensors it was working fine.

VOC and O3 are at Firmware 32 so had to reflash the old bits up. I have a AVRISP programmer not a AVRISP2. BUT if I set the line to be AVRISP I get an error of avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

Flashed the mainboard (marked V1.5) up to 32 and all was well, but either missed or failed on the eep step and so the sensors were reporting but the values were screwy.

So before I stared I put the FTDI cable on the base egg and noticed that the NO/CO/Dust sensors were not reporting back at all to there's the fault.

Reflashed them again...

Starting with the main board. Ran railroad.exe, got the flashing LED's and then did the upgrade and EEP flash.

C:\Users\Gavin\Desktop\egg\Air-Quality-Egg-master\aqe_sensor_interface_shield-ma
ster>avrdude -p t88 -c avrisp2 -e -P COM5 -U flash:w:railroad.hex

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.06s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9311

avrdude: erasing chip
avrdude: reading input file "railroad.hex"
avrdude: input file railroad.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
avrdude: writing flash (1542 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 3.51s

avrdude: 1542 bytes of flash written
avrdude: verifying flash memory against railroad.hex:
avrdude: load data flash data from input file railroad.hex:
avrdude: input file railroad.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
avrdude: input file railroad.hex contains 1542 bytes
avrdude: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 2.98s

avrdude: verifying ...
avrdude: 1542 bytes of flash verified

avrdude: safemode: Fuses OK

avrdude done. Thank you.

C:\Users\Gavin\Desktop\egg\Air-Quality-Egg-master\aqe_sensor_interface_shield-ma
ster>avrdude -p t88 -c avrisp2 -e -P COM5 -U flash:w:aqe_sensor_interface_shield
.hex

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.06s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9311

avrdude: erasing chip
avrdude: reading input file "aqe_sensor_interface_shield.hex"
avrdude: input file aqe_sensor_interface_shield.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
avrdude: writing flash (3986 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 9.02s

avrdude: 3986 bytes of flash written
avrdude: verifying flash memory against aqe_sensor_interface_shield.hex:
avrdude: load data flash data from input file aqe_sensor_interface_shield.hex:
avrdude: input file aqe_sensor_interface_shield.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
avrdude: input file aqe_sensor_interface_shield.hex contains 3986 bytes
avrdude: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 7.66s

avrdude: verifying ...
avrdude: 3986 bytes of flash verified

avrdude: safemode: Fuses OK

avrdude done. Thank you.

C:\Users\Gavin\Desktop\egg\Air-Quality-Egg-master\aqe_sensor_interface_shield-ma
ster>avrdude -p t88 -c avrisp2 -e -P COM5 -U flash:w:aqe_sensor_interface_shield
.eep

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.06s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9311

avrdude: erasing chip
avrdude: reading input file "aqe_sensor_interface_shield.eep"
avrdude: input file aqe_sensor_interface_shield.eep auto detected as Intel Hex
avrdude: writing flash (8 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 0.03s

avrdude: 8 bytes of flash written
avrdude: verifying flash memory against aqe_sensor_interface_shield.eep:
avrdude: load data flash data from input file aqe_sensor_interface_shield.eep:
avrdude: input file aqe_sensor_interface_shield.eep auto detected as Intel Hex
avrdude: input file aqe_sensor_interface_shield.eep contains 8 bytes
avrdude: reading on-chip flash data:

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.03s

avrdude: verifying ...
avrdude: 8 bytes of flash verified

avrdude: safemode: Fuses OK

avrdude done. Thank you.

Repeated with the Dust sensor.

C:\Users\Gavin\Desktop\egg\Air-Quality-Egg-master\aqe_sensor_interface_shield-ma
ster>avrdude -p t88 -c avrisp2 -e -P COM5 -U flash:w:railroad.hex

avrdude: AVR device initialized and ready to accept instructions

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 0.06s

avrdude: Device signature = 0x1e9311

avrdude: erasing chip
avrdude: reading input file "railroad.hex"
avrdude: input file railroad.hex auto detected as Intel Hex
avrdude: writing flash (1542 bytes):

Writing | ################################################## | 100% 3.49s

[...]

Reading | ################################################## | 100% 7.64s

[...]

No Errors so all seems well. Looks similar to the screenshots on the flashing site,
However the log form thr FTDI cable still shows it's not seeing the main board.

I can only assume it's the AVRISP at fault somehow but the railroad.hex file correctly flashes the LED's.

Any thoughts?

Stack: 230

[Air Quality Egg - Base Egg - v2.01]
Unit Address: 00_04_A3_8C_1B_AC
Pairing complete

Egg Serial #: 00:04:a3:8c:1b:ac

IP: 192.168.2.195
GW: 192.168.2.1
DNS: 192.168.2.1
Stack: 150
SRV: 64.94.18.121
Previously provisioned
Packet Received @ 95381
Packet Type: 33
Remote Firmware Version: 32
Remote Station Address: 00_04_A3_8C_28_8D
Source Sensor Address: 00_04_A3_8C_28_8D
Sensor Index: 0
Sensor Type: Temperature
Sensor Units: deg C
Sensor Value: 28

Sensor Type: Temperature
Preparing stash
Sending data to Cosm
Data sent
Packet Received @ 100680
Packet Type: 33
Remote Firmware Version: 32
Remote Station Address: 00_04_A3_8C_28_8D
Source Sensor Address: 00_04_A3_8C_28_8D
Sensor Index: 1
Sensor Type: Humidity
Sensor Units: %
Sensor Value: 1

Sensor Type: Humidity
Preparing stash
Sending data to Cosm
Data sent
Packet Received @ 105763
Packet Type: 33
Remote Firmware Version: 32
Remote Station Address: 00_04_A3_8C_28_8D
Source Sensor Address: 00_04_A3_AC_2A_47
Sensor Index: 0
Sensor Type: O3_raw
Sensor Units: ohms
Sensor Value: 16341

Sensor Type: O3_raw
Preparing stash
Sending data to Cosm
Data sent
Packet Received @ 110780
Packet Type: 33
Remote Firmware Version: 32
Remote Station Address: 00_04_A3_8C_28_8D
Source Sensor Address: 00_04_A3_AC_2A_47
Sensor Index: 0
Sensor Type: O3_r0
Sensor Units: ohms
Sensor Value: 11000

Sensor Type: O3_r0
Preparing stash
Sending data to Cosm
Data sent
Packet Received @ 115928
Packet Type: 33
Remote Firmware Version: 32
Remote Station Address: 00_04_A3_8C_28_8D
Source Sensor Address: 00_04_A3_AC_2A_47
Sensor Index: 0
Sensor Type: O3
Sensor Units: ppb
Sensor Value: 211

Sensor Type: O3
Preparing stash
Sending data to Cosm
Data sent
Packet Received @ 121036
Packet Type: 33
Remote Firmware Version: 32
Remote Station Address: 00_04_A3_8C_28_8D
Source Sensor Address: 00_04_A3_AC_11_13
Sensor Index: 0
Sensor Type: VOC_raw
Sensor Units: ohms
Sensor Value: 132183

Sensor Type: VOC_raw
Preparing stash
Sending data to Cosm
Data sent
Packet Received @ 126053
Packet Type: 33
Remote Firmware Version: 32
Remote Station Address: 00_04_A3_8C_28_8D
Source Sensor Address: 00_04_A3_AC_11_13
Sensor Index: 0
Sensor Type: VOC_r0
Sensor Units: ohms
Sensor Value: 1500012

Sensor Type: VOC_r0
Preparing stash
Sending data to Cosm
Data sent
Packet Received @ 131159
Packet Type: 33
Remote Firmware Version: 32
Remote Station Address: 00_04_A3_8C_28_8D
Source Sensor Address: 00_04_A3_AC_11_13
Sensor Index: 0
Sensor Type: VOC
Sensor Units: ppm
Sensor Value: 16

Sensor Type: VOC
Preparing stash
Sending data to Cosm
Data sent
Packet Received @ 215390
Packet Type: 33
Remote Firmware Version: 32
Remote Station Address: 00_04_A3_8C_28_8D
Source Sensor Address: 00_04_A3_8C_28_8D
Sensor Index: 0
Sensor Type: Temperature
Sensor Units: deg C
Sensor Value: 27

Sensor Type: Temperature
Preparing stash
Sending data to Cosm
Data sent
Packet Received @ 220689

Packet Received @ 225771
Packet Type: 33
Remote Firmware Version: 32
Remote Station Address: 00_04_A3_8C_28_8D
Source Sensor Address: 00_04_A3_AC_2A_47
Sensor Index: 0
Sensor Type: O3_raw
Sensor Units: ohms
Sensor Value: 22452

Sensor Type: O3_raw
Preparing stash
Sending data to Cosm
Data sent
Packet Received @ 230789

Packet Received @ 235935

Packet Received @ 241044
Packet Type: 33
Remote Firmware Version: 32
Remote Station Address: 00_04_A3_8C_28_8D
Source Sensor Address: 00_04_A3_AC_11_13
Sensor Index: 0
Sensor Type: VOC_raw
Sensor Units: ohms
Sensor Value: 106864

Sensor Type: VOC_raw
Preparing stash
Sending data to Cosm
Data sent
Packet Received @ 246062

Packet Received @ 251167

Packet Received @ 335400
Packet Type: 33
Remote Firmware Version: 32
Remote Station Address: 00_04_A3_8C_28_8D
Source Sensor Address: 00_04_A3_8C_28_8D
Sensor Index: 0
Sensor Type: Temperature
Sensor Units: deg C
Sensor Value: 26

Sensor Type: Temperature
Preparing stash
Sending data to Cosm
Data sent
Packet Received @ 340700

Packet Received @ 345782
Packet Type: 33
Remote Firmware Version: 32
Remote Station Address: 00_04_A3_8C_28_8D
Source Sensor Address: 00_04_A3_AC_2A_47
Sensor Index: 0
Sensor Type: O3_raw
Sensor Units: ohms
Sensor Value: 21240

Sensor Type: O3_raw
Preparing stash
Sending data to Cosm
Data sent
Packet Received @ 350798

Packet Received @ 355943
Packet Type: 33
Remote Firmware Version: 32
Remote Station Address: 00_04_A3_8C_28_8D
Source Sensor Address: 00_04_A3_AC_2A_47
Sensor Index: 0
Sensor Type: O3
Sensor Units: ppb
Sensor Value: 199

Sensor Type: O3
Preparing stash
Sending data to Cosm
Data sent
Packet Received @ 361052
Packet Type: 33
Remote Firmware Version: 32
Remote Station Address: 00_04_A3_8C_28_8D
Source Sensor Address: 00_04_A3_AC_11_13
Sensor Index: 0
Sensor Type: VOC_raw
Sensor Units: ohms
Sensor Value: 102988

Sensor Type: VOC_raw
Preparing stash
Sending data to Cosm
Data sent
Packet Received @ 366069

Packet Received @ 371175
Packet Type: 33
Remote Firmware Version: 32
Remote Station Address: 00_04_A3_8C_28_8D
Source Sensor Address: 00_04_A3_AC_11_13
Sensor Index: 0
Sensor Type: VOC
Sensor Units: ppm
Sensor Value: 16

Sensor Type: VOC
Preparing stash
Sending data to Cosm
Data sent
>>> RESPONSE RECEIVED ---

Gavin

Aug 16, 2013, 3:57:12 AM8/16/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
On Thursday, 15 August 2013 20:57:29 UTC+1, Gavin wrote:
> Me again...

Thinking about it, the NO/CO sensors upgraded to FW 32 by this method before the eep file mistake, so I know the upgrade should work....

Gavin

Aug 16, 2013, 3:48:57 PM8/16/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
On Friday, 16 August 2013 08:57:12 UTC+1, Gavin wrote:

> Me again...

Possibly I'm talking to myself...

Working on a hunch (the sensors went to FW32 right) I reflashed them with the HEX file, but stopped before the eep file flashing.

The sensors are now seen and working. However I've still not got the Dust sensor reporting in after the flashing, and I realised I rather stupidly flashed my VOC sensor instead of the Dust sensor so that's not working now either.

Now I've also realised I've stupidly uploaded the wrong code to the Dust and VOC shields, they need Vic's Dust and VOC Hex files, not the same one as the master shield file and I can push the eep to them. but anyone know why the first EEP causes my CO and NO files to fail?

The EEP file was from the WickedDevice/aqe_sensor_interface_shield area on GitHub?

Out most of the weekend so any answers will be tried on Sundar morning or Late Sun evening..

Gavin

Aug 18, 2013, 5:01:12 AM8/18/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Hi

OK, All sensors up and reporting after reflashing them all, but the reflashed CO, NO, Dust and VOC all have a R0 of -1 so are basically reporting wrong values.

However I'm stuck how I get the EEP file on to them.

Flashing the hex I use the line

avrdude -p t88 -c avrisp2 -e -P usb -U flash:w:aqe_sensor_interface_shield.hex

Adding the EEP I use the line

avrdude -c avrisp2 -p t88 -e -P usb -U eeprom:w:aqe_sensor_interface_shield.eep

As taken form the Wiki Space entry. As far as I can work out what I'm doing is wiping out the .HEX file when I load the EEP and so then the sensor doesn't s work as the microchip doesn't know what to do.

Am I missing some option or using the wrong command to load the EEProm?
HELP!!!, what am I doing worong?

David Gobbett

Aug 18, 2013, 8:35:36 AM8/18/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com
Hi Gavin and all,

I am at a similar point in reprogramming my wired AQE. I am using a $3
USBasp programmer. After roughly creating a 10 to 6 pin adaptor for the
programmer, I managed to flash with the aqe_sensor_interface_shield.hex
file. However, the next/final step on the page
http://airqualityegg.wikispaces.com/Reflashing+the+AQE+Shield is to flash
the EEPROM with the aqe_sensor_interface_shield.eep file. After I do that, I
get no LEDs working even after repowering the shield and/or pressing the
reset button. Although I've not connected the unit to the network to test
it, it is clearly not behaving as expected - no LEDs flash at any stage
whatsoever. It seems OK again if I reflash with the .hex file.

It is unclear to me whether this final step is the same as programming the
nanode using the FTDI cable which I have previously done successfully. Can
someone please confirm this? And can someone please explain in simple
language what the differences are between these things?

Regards
David
Message has been deleted

David Gobbett

Aug 19, 2013, 6:37:50 AM8/19/13
to Gavin, airqua...@googlegroups.com
I think I have it now... partly at least!

Instead of using AVRDUDE, I used a program called ProgISP (version 1.72) which the kind eBay seller of my USBASP device sent me. This allowed me to load both the flash and eeprom files in a single operation. After doing that, the LEDs were behaving as expected, so I plugged in the AQE to my router, and data was getting to Xively from all sensors! And what's more, all sensors are showing version 32 (except for humidity and temperature which show version 34).

However, there are still a lot of decimal places on the data on Xively https://xively.com/feeds/115550 Furthermore, I don't really know what reasonable values for CO and NO2 are but they seem to be in the same league as a couple of others I found on Xively.

Regards
David

Aug 20, 2013, 1:53:04 AM8/20/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com, Gavin, da...@cycad.id.au
Hi

Tried that, I can't even work out how to use the program... I suspect it's not seeing the fact my programmer is on COM4 as all I get is errors and most toe ht program is in Chinese.

Gavin

Aug 21, 2013, 8:38:15 AM8/21/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com, Gavin, da...@cycad.id.au
Hi

Well ProgISP didn't work, I suspect it's not compatable with my programmer as I get a chip read error, or I've got something wrong somewhere. Will keep trying but it's not hopefull. The AVRDUDE works with the same wiring so it's probably not compatible.

Vicatcu: Any other suggestions how I get the eeprom programmed? I know I could send it to you, but when the next update comes along I'll be in the same boat, and I'm reluctant to buy another programmer as the AVRISP should be capable, and can program the HEX codes just not the EEP part for some reason.

May try AVRStudio next...

Gavin

Aug 21, 2013, 4:03:09 PM8/21/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com, Gavin, da...@cycad.id.au
Finally problem solved.

The wikispaces line looks like it's wrong, Using

avrdude -c avrisp2 -p t88 -P COM5 -U eeprom:w:aqe_sensor_interface_shield.eep

worked for me. Basically taking out the -e so the chip was not erased worked for me, it had just been erased to put the Hex value on, and the -e on the eep file erased the hex code.

Added a note into the Wikipage entry for others to follow.

Victor Aprea

Aug 21, 2013, 4:34:54 PM8/21/13
to airqua...@googlegroups.com, Gavin, da...@cycad.id.au
Gavin,

I'm glad you got it to work! I want to caution you though. You generally need to do an erase in order to correctly write the EEPROM... it's nitty gritty details about how you write EEPROMs in general (you have to erase to "set" bits and write to "clear" bits, or maybe the other way around).

Anyway, the sequence of operations is:

(1) Write the Flash with the erase flag set (this blanks the EEPROM)
(2) Write the EEPROM with the erase flag NOT set.

The load scripts on Git Hub do the correct sequence of steps for sure. Generally you shouldn't need to write the fuses as they should have been set correctly prior to being shipped, but it can't hurt to set them again.

Regards,
Vic

Victor Aprea // Wicked Device