Problem with setting Text=List

Claus Wøbbe

May 5, 2013, 10:58:29 AM5/5/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com
Hey
I'm brand new to the Personal Server - running v1.5 on Java ver 21.

It takes a little getting used to the new (colored) blocks etc. but it looks great and works fine.

I'm trying out Taifuns sample code "Select Statement using the Google Visualisation API". I'm supposed to set a Label.Text=List-from-csv-table(some text). However, in Personal Server, I cannot connect the "list from csv table" block to the "Set Label.Text to" block. Am I doing something wrong?
ScreenHunter_01 May. 05 16.57.gif

Taifun

May 5, 2013, 11:12:28 AM5/5/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com

probably a bug?
as workaround you could set it first to a variable, see screenshot
Taifun

Claus Wøbbe

May 5, 2013, 11:16:30 AM5/5/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com
Thanks! I wonder if I should report this (possible) bug anywhere?!

PS: Thanks for your fantastic work!

Taifun

May 5, 2013, 11:27:57 AM5/5/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com
yes... ;-)
this was the official announcement https://groups.google.com/d/msg/app-inventor-open-source-dev/uIrVie6ez0I/RsOtLF6_6Q0J
and there Jos said:
We have been working very hard on this, and all your feedback and contributions will be highly appreciated.
Feel free to use github issues in the main repository to report bugs and features.
which is here https://github.com/mit-cml/appinventor-sources/issues
but I think you will need a Git login to be able to report it?
Taifun

Taifun

May 5, 2013, 11:34:22 AM5/5/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com
I now opened an issue #17 for you there ;-)
Taifun

Claus Wøbbe

May 5, 2013, 11:35:24 AM5/5/13
to ai...@googlegroups.com