Is there any extension for Ambient light sensor fir app inventor?

Iftak Hussain

Aug 22, 2016, 1:41:38 AM8/22/16
to App Inventor for All
Sir, I want to develop an app which measures the light intensity reading in lux units using ambient light sensor of the smartphone. But app inventor doesn't have any ALS component..I just want to know is there any extension available for light sensor and how it could be done.

Taifun

Aug 22, 2016, 10:02:18 AM8/22/16
to App Inventor for All
up to now there is no such extension

you could write your own extension and create a block yourself...

more information about how to create an extension see here https://groups.google.com/d/msg/mitappinventortest/Ip2AX036d0U/5NJlAEbFCgAJ
however that will be more advanced and will require some Java skills...

I also can offer to write the extension for you. In case you like to be the sponsor of that extension, please contact be by email at in...@puravidaapps.com. Thank you.

Taifun

Trying to push the limits of App Inventor! SnippetsTutorials and Extensions from Pura Vida Apps by  Taifun.

Taifun

Aug 22, 2016, 12:08:54 PM8/22/16
to App Inventor for All
you can now find my light sensor extension here https://puravidaapps.com/light.php