Board Election April 2013 Edition!

N Y

Mar 25, 2013, 10:06:16 AM3/25/13
to ahashop, ahashop_members
Greetings all,

Today is the day when we will start the nomination process
for prospective board members. If you feel you have the time and
ambition to perhaps do a bit of quick learning, help AHA ease into a
brave new identity and possible location, help oversee the creation of
even more mature
educational programs, and create a weightier presence around
town, please consider running for the board! The board term is six
months long, and you must remain a member in good standing during this
period.

Here's the breakdown of important dates for elections:

- Today - April 18: People can start nominating themselves or others
over the members mailing list.

- April 18: NOMINATIONS: If you nominate *yourself* or wish to accept
someone else's nomination, send an email explicitly stating that you are
running to bo...@allhandsactive.com *by this date!* Any confirmed
nominees might also want to send a note to this list so that people know
they are running. I will also send out periodical reminders of
confirmed nominees as I collect them.

- April 19 - April 25 ABSENTEE VOTING: If you know that you are
unable to make it to the voting party at AHA on the evening of April 25th,
please get in contact with bo...@allhandsactive.com to request an
absentee ballot. This will be done via online survey format.

- April 25: ELECTIONS: We host a themed Build Night in which the goal
is to build a board! Converge on AHA at 7:00PM, eat potluck-style foods,
meet your fellow members, and cast your ballot. We will tally votes at
10:00PM.

- April 26: New board is put in place.

We will be using an instant-runoff-style vote. You will assign each
nominee a number from 1 to N (N being the number of nominees we have by
the 19th). Higher numbers represent the nominees you favor most, with 1
being your least-favored. We will add up all of your ranking values and
pick the five highest-scoring nominees, who will become the next board.

If you are a fully-paid Standard Member ($50), or Student or Starving
Hacker Member ($20) in April, you are entitled to one vote. You may
become a paying member at any time up until the 25th if you would like
to be counted for this election.

And here's the current board:
Dana Nelson
Michael Grube
Michael Senkow
Nathan Yost
Thomas Hunter

Please post any election-related questions to this thread. If you have
matters of a sensitive nature, you may also email the board directly at
bo...@allhandsactive.com .

Thank you, and see you for elections on April 25th!

-- Nate Y.

N Y

Apr 9, 2013, 12:29:20 AM4/9/13
to ahashop, ahashop_members
Hi folks,

Only a bit over a week to make/accept nominations for the next AHA Board
of Directors. You are allowed to nominate yourself! Even if you are
not planning on running for this Board, please spread the message to
anyone who might be interested in helping out AHA. We are especially
keen on finding those who have fundraising/nonprofit experience.

Thanks,
-- Nate Y.

Alexander Honkala

Apr 9, 2013, 12:38:54 AM4/9/13
to ahashop...@googlegroups.com, Zach Steindler, Patrick Haggood, Larry Works, Linh Song, Bob Stack, ahashop
I nominate Zach Steindler, Patrick Haggood, Larry Works, Linh Song, and Bob Stack to bring fresh outsider perspectives to AHA. I also nominate the current board run for reelection.

-X

tlhunter

Apr 15, 2013, 3:15:46 PM4/15/13
to ahashop...@googlegroups.com, Zach Steindler, Patrick Haggood, Larry Works, Linh Song, Bob Stack, ahashop
I nominate Zach Wick.

N Y

Apr 16, 2013, 4:34:36 PM4/16/13
to ahashop, ahashop_members
A quick update: we have three nominees confirmed so far: Dana Nelson,
Zach Wick and me (Nate Yost). As it stands, we are still planning on
closing nominations 11:59PM on April 18. If you think you can help out
with AHA's leadership, please let the board know you're interested at
bo...@allhandsactive.com.

Also, I'd like to nominate Tyler Worman!

-- Nate Y.

N Y

Apr 19, 2013, 12:26:50 AM4/19/13
to ahashop, ahashop_members
Nominations have closed, and it turns out that we have exactly five
nominees. Since there are only five spots on the board, we won't need
to hold an election this time around.

Here are the new board members:

Alex Hatch
Dana Nelson
Khevna Shah
Nate Yost
Zach Wick

Despite having no election, we're still planning a food-based gathering
on evening of Thursday, April 25th. Come hang out and meet people, eat
some food, then do some building! :)

-- Nate Y.

Alexander Honkala

Apr 19, 2013, 12:32:04 AM4/19/13
to ahashop...@googlegroups.com, ahashop
All hail the Fifth Board! I hereby dub this board The Boardasaurus Rex, may it nom peacefully.

Ya'll're inheriting an excellent momentum and I am excited to see where you drive it. Let me know how I can help from afar.

-X

Michael S

Apr 19, 2013, 2:40:01 PM4/19/13
to ahashop, ahashop...@googlegroups.com
Same boat, I don't intend to disappear even if I leave the area (maybe try to do some sorta sister hackerspace wherever I end up) but yeah, fluctuations/life/I suck at showing up for meetings!....

MIchael Senkow

Michael H. Senkow | 906.281.4672